What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Buckeyes

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks believe NFL scouts "should have few questions" about Ohio State junior RB Ezekiel Elliott's "production and potential at the next level."

"Although scouts have seen Elliott essentially carry the Buckeyes' offense for the past two seasons, the standout performance eliminated any doubts about his potential as a feature back," Brooks wrote. The Ohio State prospect showed up big versus Michigan, dropping 214 yards and two touchdowns on the Wolverines. The 6-foot, 225-pound Elliott has 1,672 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns on the season, and continues to show NFL evaluators why he's the real deal.

Source: NFL.com

Nov 30 - 3:36 PM

:lol: at people getting upset because a player said the truth. Give me a break.

Why are people so sensitive? Meyer coached that game so poorly he deserved a player saying for what it is worth.
I'm not going to move him down based on his comments but they were certainly in poor taste/judgement. He's a kid who made a mistake by allowing his emotions get the better of him after a loss. Big deal.
Yeah I mean looking at it another way, at least he cares...

Zeke reminds me of Mark Ingram with more speed and more wiggle. The vision at the line is more average, but at the 2nd level is where he makes his hay.
Zeke is MUCH faster than Ingram. He can potentially run a sub 4.4 as he's been clocked at 4.33 in the past.

Zeke's best 100m in high school was an electronic 10.90.

http://www.all-athletics.com/node/447649

For the sake of comparison, here are some PRs from some other notable athletes:

100m (seconds)

RB Jamaal Charles, Texas (2006) - 10.13* (10.23 best wind-legal)

RB CJ Spiller, Clemson (2009) - 10.22* (10.29 best wind-legal)

RB Jahvid Best, Cal (2007) - 10.31* (10.36 best wind-legal)
RB De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon (2013) - 10.31* (10.61 best wind-legal)

RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma (2003) - 10.33* (10.56 best wind-legal)

RB Reggie Bush, USC (2002) - 10.42

WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson (2011) - 10.52

WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee (2012) - 10.54

WR Andre Johnson, Miami (2002) - 10.59

RB Shane Vereen, Cal (2009) - 10.66* (10.74 best wind-legal)

RB Karlos Williams, Florida State (2011) - 10.70

RB Todd Gurley, Georgia (2011) - 10.70

WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State (2012) - 10.72

WR Marqise Lee, USC (2011) - 10.74*

RB Maurice (Jones) Drew, UCLA (2002) - 10.80

RB Lache Seastrunk, Baylor (2010) - 10.81

WR Santana Moss, Miami (1999) - 10.82

WR Ty Montgomery, Stanford (2011) - 10.84

WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee (2012) - 10.86

WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Missouri (2011) - 10.92

RB Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska (2011) - 11.19
Cooks and MJD ran in the 4.3 range despite less than incredible 100m times, but Montgomery, Hunter, and DGB were all around 4.45-4.50. Same with Karlos Williams, Lache Seastrunk, and Marqise Lee. I would guess that Elliott is a lot closer to that speed than he is to 4.33. I really don't see a 4.3 time happening for him, especially since he seems to have bulked up quite a bit since high school.

However, he has plenty of speed for his size.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 TDs in the first half today, not too shabby.
Now its at 4 and counting.

--------------

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/59259/152/ats-bowl-picks--nfl-prospects

Josh Norris’ favorite prospect:

Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott - Zeke is a complete running back. Even if you believe teams should not pay a premium for running backs because productive or competent ball carriers can be found easily, I would stress that productive does not equal complete. Elliott might not be Todd Gurley, but like Gurley, Elliott is a foundation piece of an NFL offense. Elliott’s eyes and feet are clearly linked. He reads blocking strengths and positioning at the line of scrimmage and changes his angle in a fluid movement to maximize his movement. Then comes the balance, acceleration and strength to beat tacklers at the second level. Elliott converted so many three yard gains into 10 yard gains - the difference really adds up for an offense. Add on that Elliott is a proficient receiver and perhaps the best pass protector/blocker I’ve seen among true running backs, and I can guarantee that Elliott will be ranked in my top 10.

================

Todd McShay@McShay13 29 Dec 2015

OSU RB Ezekiel Elliott is the best run-blocking RB I've ever studied. He's very good in pass pro. And showing strong hands as a rec this yr

Dane Brugler@dpbrugler 1m

1 minute ago
The "weaknesses" section of my RB Ezekiel Elliott scouting report might have been the easiest thing I'll write all draft season.

John Harris@jharrisfootball 6m6 minutes ago
Ezekiel Elliott is a fantastic counter Trey/power game back. Seem to know a certain coa...yeah, I'll leave well enough alone.

Luke Easterling@LukeEasterling 6m6 minutes ago
Zeke Elliott is far & away the best RB in this class. #NFLDraft

Jeff Risdon@JeffRisdon 7m7 minutes ago
Counter play to Zeke is lethal. I wish more NFL teams would use that, totally abuses overzealous LBs and safeties who rush up too fast

Ian Wharton@NFLFilmStudy 9m9 minutes ago
Ezekiel Elliott. Man child. Top 5 player in the class. Argue with your cat

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout 5m5 minutes ago
Matt Miller Retweeted sports fan.

Gurley. More explosive, better hips

Follow
sports fan.@SportssFannSTL@nfldraftscout better talent, Gurley or Elliot?

He's a tough SOB too. People criticized the frustration after the MichSt. loss but he was in the hospital a few days before the game and was there wanting the rock. He's also not just been clutch in big games, he takes them over and shows everyone he's the best player on the field. This guy is as can't miss as I've ever set eyes on.

Elliott is the clear cut 1.01 pick. In a tier by himself. He might not be Gurley but if he falls to the right team he will be in the RB1 discussion for a long time I think

Out of curiosity I added up his championship game numbers (2014 Wisconsin, 2014 Bama, 2014 Oregon and 2015 Notre Dame):

103 carries

845 yds

8.2 ypc

12 TD's

When it mattered most, the guy wasn't just clutch he was unstoppable.

Out of curiosity I added up his championship game numbers (2014 Wisconsin, 2014 Bama, 2014 Oregon and 2015 Notre Dame):

103 carries

845 yds

8.2 ypc

12 TD's

When it mattered most, the guy wasn't just clutch he was unstoppable.
Exactly. I'm looking forward to seeing where he lands. Hope he drops in the draft and goes to a better team. I have the 1.01 and need a RB!

Elliotts most impressive ability is his pass protection blocking. He does not just poke at guys, he stands them up or backs them up routinely. He is a 3-down back on day one in the NFL.

So with Elliot shaping up as this year's top rb for Ff rookie drafts, how does he stack up vs. other recent and projected 1st backs?

Is he close to Gurley? Fournette/Chubb from next year's crop?

Really considering offering Freeman and Coleman for the 1.01 so I can take Zeke. Watched about every snap of his career and he is just a flat out football player, does so many things well.

So with Elliot shaping up as this year's top rb for Ff rookie drafts, how does he stack up vs. other recent and projected 1st backs?

He's not close to Gurley. I'd put him right ahead of the 2013 class of Bell/Gio/Lacy as prospects, those borderline RD2 guys when one of them could have snuck into the 1st but didn't. He's clearly below Gurley and is pretty comparable to Melvin Gordon as a prospect, in terms of pure value IMO. I'm not comparing the 2 as prospects though, completely different.

He's not close to Gurley. I'd put him right ahead of the 2013 class of Bell/Gio/Lacy as prospects, those borderline RD2 guys when one of them could have snuck into the 1st but didn't. He's clearly below Gurley and is pretty comparable to Melvin Gordon as a prospect, in terms of pure value IMO. I'm not comparing the 2 as prospects though, completely different.
I would disagree with the value comparison. There may still be a WR to take the Amari Cooper place but Zeke is head and shoulders the best prospect right now because this class looks weak at the start.

I would disagree with the value comparison. There may still be a WR to take the Amari Cooper place but Zeke is head and shoulders the best prospect right now because this class looks weak at the start.
I get that he's the best prospect in this year's weak class. But how do you think he compares to the best backs of recent classes, or the next class?

Yes, Yes and Yes.

He's 6'0" 225LBs with quickness, long speed, vision, power and is a great blocking back. He's shredded some of the best defenses in the country on the biggest stages. He's likely to be a top 15 pick in the draft. I'm not sure what else you'd like your RB prospect to do.

Even if there were small differences in talent between those four you mentioned, health and coaching are more likely to determine whom you'd prefer to have on your roster.

I get that he's the best prospect in this year's weak class. But how do you think he compares to the best backs of recent classes, or the next class?
It's easiest to compare him to Carlos Hyde (same offense, different runners) and he's better than him. Some on this board, that's all they could ask for. Like others have said his intangibles are also off the charts (great blocker, selfless player and clutch). I think Ohio State under utilized him this year in an effort to get the ball in Barrett's and Braxton's hands.

I think he's 2nd only to Gurley in the last 3 drafts as a prospect.

not as good as Gurley. better than Hyde.

much better than Gordon.

all based on when they were coming out.

that's all i got.

Roto World put up their first mock draft of the year.

Ezekiel Elliot didn't make it into the first round.

---------------

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/59423/344/nfl-mock-draft-version-10
Seems like something is amiss here since Norris wrote this on December 30th.

http://www.rotoworld...--nfl-prospects

Josh Norris’ favorite prospect:

Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott - Zeke is a complete running back. Even if you believe teams should not pay a premium for running backs because productive or competent ball carriers can be found easily, I would stress that productive does not equal complete. Elliott might not be Todd Gurley, but like Gurley, Elliott is a foundation piece of an NFL offense. Elliott’s eyes and feet are clearly linked. He reads blocking strengths and positioning at the line of scrimmage and changes his angle in a fluid movement to maximize his movement. Then comes the balance, acceleration and strength to beat tacklers at the second level. Elliott converted so many three yard gains into 10 yard gains - the difference really adds up for an offense. Add on that Elliott is a proficient receiver and perhaps the best pass protector/blocker I’ve seen among true running backs, and I can guarantee that Elliott will be ranked in my top 10.

Difference between where a player is ranked and where he's selected. Team needs/scheme, how the draft plays out, etc. But yeah, it's Rotoworld, that's all I need to know.

Following the horrible shark pool nickname tendency, im calling Elliott EZ-E because he makes running the ball look so easy.

Elliott is the clear cut 1.01 pick. In a tier by himself. He might not be Gurley but if he falls to the right team he will be in the RB1 discussion for a long time I think
Yeah I have the 1.1 in a keeper next year and I'm not sure who might be #2 in a traditional scoring league with 1 QB. Treadwell maybe, but Zeke is 1.1 unless something really strange happens.

Doubt he goes top 10.

Here are some interesting teams after 10:

18. Colts

26. Texans*

Here is the list:

10. Giants

11. Bears

12. Saints

13. Eagles

14. Raiders

15. Rams

17. Lions

18. Colts

19. Bills

20. Jets

Playoff Teams

Steelers

Seahawks

Packers

Chiefs

Redskins

Texans

Vikings

Bengals

Broncos

Cardinals

Panthers

Patriots - Dont have a 1st

EeeE is looking like the clear #1 rookie pick.
He's a great looking prospect but this early (pre-combine) nothing is really clear. I've seen mocks that have Treadwell in the top 5 and Elliot out of the 1st completely. Point being the range of outcomes is still quite wide.

Interesting how the Shark Pool consensus of EZ-E being the clear top rookie pick materialized in the past ~week. Was it the Josh Norman piece that triggered that?

eidt* Norman = norris

It's interesting that Henry isn't getting much love vs Elliott. It's close enough that the combine could swing it for me.

He's a great looking prospect but this early (pre-combine) nothing is really clear. I've seen mocks that have Treadwell in the top 5 and Elliot out of the 1st completely. Point being the range of outcomes is still quite wide.

Interesting how the Shark Pool consensus of EZ-E being the clear top rookie pick materialized in the past ~week. Was it the Josh Norman piece that triggered that?

eidt* Norman = norris
I said similar things a month ago, and have been rating Elliott as the top RB in this class for a while.

eidt* Norman = norris
I said similar things a month ago, and have been rating Elliott as the top RB in this class for a while.
Gotcha, really the first line of what I wrote was directed at you. The remaining was just an observation about the SP in general :)

Anyone care to explain the fair price for Elliott in Dynasty..

Im not asking what position he may be drafted..

Im asking post draft value

Users who are viewing this thread