What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.K. Dobbins, LAC (13 Viewers)

Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins suffered a torn Achilles in Sunday’s Week 1 win over the Texans and is done for the season.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh confirmed the worst shortly after the team’s 25-9 win over the Texans. Dobbins landed awkwardly on a tackle in the third quarter and immediately worked his way to the sideline with trainers. This marks the second severe injury for Dobbins, whose entire 2021 season was lost to a torn ACL just days before the start of the season. Currently in the final year of his rookie contract, Dobbins will likely look to sign some kind of prove-it deal next offseason as he now recovers from another devastating injury. Both Justice Hill and Gus Edwards become waiver wire priorities with Dobbins now sidelined. Dobbins totaled 37 yards and one touchdown in Sunday’s win over the Texans.

- Rotoworld

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports J.K. Dobbins will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a torn Achilles suffered in Week 1’s win over the Texans.

Dobbins is reportedly eyeing a six-month recovery, similar to what Cam Akers saw after tearing his Achilles in 2021. Akers returned late that season to participate in the Rams’ Super Bowl run, but his injury also came in mid-July, while Dobbins’ came much later. A return after six months would have Dobbins back on the field by February, at best. He’s still expected to miss the remainder of this season.

Bumping this for thoughts on Dobbins’ dynasty value.

Looking across the landscape at guys to grab for next season and thought about Dobbins after the Mitchell ACL injury.

The Ravens could very well go in a different direction at RB, as Dobbins and Gus will be UFAs, Mitchell may not be ready well into 2024, and can’t see them rolling with Justice Hill.

Dobbins obviously has to rehab from the Achilles tear, but seems like this type of injury isn’t as devastating long term as it used to be (e.g., Foreman, Akers, Rodgers) and maybe they sign him to a cheap one year prove it deal. Worth a dart throw I think.

Last edited:
The Ravens seem to get down to the goal line a lot, but they don't seem to sneak it with Lamar as often as before. Gus has 11 TDs so far. Even if all Dobbins does is take over that Gus role, he'll have value.

Also, Justice Hill tore his Achilles in 2021, and they still use him quite a bit, which makes me optimistic about Dobbins. I don't think he'll ever have that RB2 value he once had, but I think he can have that spot-starter D'Ontae Foreman-type career still.

Looking across the landscape at guys to grab for next season and thought about Dobbins after the Mitchell ACL injury.

The Ravens could very well go in a different direction at RB, as Dobbins and Gus will be UFAs, Mitchell may not be ready well into 2024, and can’t see them rolling with Justice Hill.

Dobbins obviously has to rehab from the Achilles tear, but seems like this type of injury isn’t as devastating long term as it used to be (e.g., Foreman, Akers, Rodgers) and maybe they sign him to a cheap one year prove it deal. Worth a dart throw I think.
The achilles tear on the heels (no pun intended) of a significant knee (ACL+) injury is a significant blow to JK's value. Maybe worth a dart throw... maybe time to find another dart.

Rodgers hasn't proven anything yet and might become the poster boy for stupidity if he reinjures himself this season. Akers has shown flashes but I'm not sure he is a great example either.

This is the rare case of drafting a player I loved coming out with a high pick, and watching all these terrible bad luck injuries take place, where he will just die on my roster. Until he's no longer on an NFL roster, he'll be on my team. No way I risk even a 1% chance of selling him for nothing or dropping him to waivers only to watch him put up numbers on someone else's team.

Is that you Lucy?

- Chuck Brown

J.K. Dobbins posted a video of him running five and a half months after suffering a torn Achilles.
Dobbins has been bit hard by the injury bug as of late, suffering a torn ACL that forced him to miss all of 2021, and a torn Achilles that limited him to just one game in 2023. One of the league’s most efficient runners when healthy, Dobbins has rushed for 234-1347-12 in 24 career games and has averaged a solid 5.8 YPC. The former second-round pick will hope to secure another starting opportunity via free agency, as it seems unlikely the Ravens will bring him back at this point.

I cannot quit this guy in dynasty, always loved his talent. I hope he signs a prove it deal in MIN or somewhere he will have a shot at being in a committee. Chances of him returning to his peak self and staying healthy are probably not great, but he is still young enough to make it happen.

I cannot quit this guy in dynasty, always loved his talent. I hope he signs a prove it deal in MIN or somewhere he will have a shot at being in a committee. Chances of him returning to his peak self and staying healthy are probably not great, but he is still young enough to make it happen.
He's getting to the point where he will trot out on to the field with a walker.

He's getting to the point where he will trot out on to the field with a walker.
I understand it is more of a me problem. He is a long shot for sure.

I’m with you. Roster him in a Keep 13 league so he’s right on the edge of the bench depending on where he ends up and how he’s recovering. Thankfully in that league we don’t do roster cut downs til August. 🤞

Anyone going to sign Dobbins? I heard rumors the Cowboys were interested.
Harbaugh said this morning he's not ruled out resigning Dobbins(or Dalvin) but might have just been coach speak.

Could see him not signing until after the draft, maybe not even until we approach camp. Maybe he'd rather heal more and show teams he's healthier.

I got him on one team, have plans to cut him next week. Put a message out he was available and got two offers. A 6th and a 7th from one team and a 5th from another. I'm just going to cut him instead.

Anyone going to sign Dobbins? I heard rumors the Cowboys were interested.
Harbaugh said this morning he's not ruled out resigning Dobbins(or Dalvin) but might have just been coach speak.

Could see him not signing until after the draft, maybe not even until we approach camp. Maybe he'd rather heal more and show teams he's healthier.

I got him on one team, have plans to cut him next week. Put a message out he was available and got two offers. A 6th and a 7th from one team and a 5th from another. I'm just going to cut him instead.
Came here to post that same thing. I think Harbaugh will give him a tumble if the health is there.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports RB J.K. Dobbins has been “cleared for football activities.”
Pelissero reports that Dr. Neal ElAttrache wrote a letter to teams saying Dobbins has been cleared and looks “outstanding”. Currently a free agent, Dobbins tore his Achilles in Week 1 of the 2023 season. He was initially drafted by the Ravens in the second round of the 2020 draft, but has appeared in just 24 games over four seasons. Dobbins also suffered a torn ACL to miss his entire second season. The ACL/Achilles tear history will make getting a lead role difficult for Dobbins, but when healthy, he has averaged 5.8 yards per carry. Dobbins is expected to take visits soon and could make a comeback as a complementary option in a backfield for 2024.

Seems like he'd be a good cheap fit in Dallas.

Actually the two LA teams make the most sense to me.

The Rams because that surgeon also did the achilles surgeries for TreDavious White, who they just signed yesterday as well as Akers. They'd probably put more stock in his opinion then most and he could compete with Rivers/Evans/Freeman to be the backup.

Chargers due to obvious connection with Ravens, as well as need.

He'll get signed, I'm not totally convinced he'll actually earn any playing time for anyone next year.

Seems like he'd be a good cheap fit in Dallas.

Actually the two LA teams make the most sense to me.

The Rams because that surgeon also did the achilles surgeries for TreDavious White, who they just signed yesterday as well as Akers. They'd probably put more stock in his opinion then most and he could compete with Rivers/Evans/Freeman to be the backup.

Chargers due to obvious connection with Ravens, as well as need.

He'll get signed, I'm not totally convinced he'll actually earn any playing time for anyone next year.
Yeah, Chargers make sense due to the Roman connection if he's still interested.

I think he'll get an opportunity to play, although how much remains to be seen and also will be interesting to see if he can stay healthy finally. But I'll be rooting for him - hard not to root for guys that have such terrible injury luck and work their tails off to get back.

Looks like KC may be out on Dobbins having just re-signed CEH for another year. Have to imagine teams are taking a cautious approach given Dobbins' recovery, even if it isn't going to cost much to sign him.

I drafted JKDobbins as a rookie and I've been holding onto him. Should I drop him so that he can sign with a team and finally be healthy and break out?
Ugh same here. Was offered Reek in a trade that was basically for him and a 2nd, didn't pull the trigger bc I'm an idiot, his rookie year.

Still holding onto him bc for whatever reason I just cannot draft well in this league (took Q Johnston 1.5 last year, took that TN WR the year CMC/Cook, etc came out at 1.2. Reiterate I'm an idiot in this league)

Huge Dobbins fan here, paid a late first rounder after his knee injury. No option but to hold and hope he lands somewhere is able to stay on the field. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, but at this point I cannot stand the idea of watching him stay healthy and perform on someone else’s team.

All things considered, don't think we could have asked for a better landing spot for Dobbins. Back with Greg Roman. New HC who loves to run and has no existing ties to other RBs on the roster. No "star" back currently on the roster. And with few, if any, "star" backs in the draft, he should have a very good shot at earning touches sooner than later if he's healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread