What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jeff Wilson, MIA (2 Viewers)

Debating Wilson who's lead vs. a tougher D/low-scoring expected game total, or, McKissic as second-chair behind Gibson. Must decide today without knowing if Gibson will play. Leaning Wilson to avoid the unknown factor.

In championship week, who are you starting instead of Wilson or starting him over?  Tough calls for me  with Wilson on both of my teams and McKissic, Drake, Henderson, and J. Taylor (vs Pit Def without top three offensive tackles).
Starting him (for now) over Pollard, Gaskin, Ahmed, Cook, McKissic.  

Deciding now (while Brady and Fournette are killing me in a half of a game) if others have more upside/risk reward as I need a big game.  Not sure as Wilson has had a huge game this year and has as big of an upside as the others (Pollard may be the only one Id consider but that basically hinges on Zele being unable to go or do much early)

Starting him (for now) over Pollard, Gaskin, Ahmed, Cook, McKissic.  

Deciding now (while Brady and Fournette are killing me in a half of a game) if others have more upside/risk reward as I need a big game.  Not sure as Wilson has had a huge game this year and has as big of an upside as the others (Pollard may be the only one Id consider but that basically hinges on Zele being unable to go or do much early)
Jeff Wilson rushed for a hundred yards and three touchdown vs. the New England Patriots before getting injured at the beginning of the fourth. That's a big game. 

Jeff Wilson rushed for a hundred yards and three touchdown vs. the New England Patriots before getting injured at the beginning of the fourth. That's a big game. 
My wording was bad...i was meaning not sure what I would do as Wilson did have that big game.   Which is why I think Im just sticking with him.

My wording was bad...i was meaning not sure what I would do as Wilson did have that big game.   Which is why I think Im just sticking with him.
Oh, okay. I don't know what advice to give you then. He'll probably be the workhorse due to a lack of any competition for them, but I could see McKinnon getting reps. 

You have tough choices to make. Pollard is capped by Zeke, Gaskin by Ahmed and vice versa. Not easy. 

Didn't happen last week.  He is in my flex as of now. Moore is going against a tough WAS secondary and I don't trust Henderson with LAR. Still rolling with Wilson (as of now). 

Last edited by a moderator:
We’re gonna get Shanahanned by Coleman. 
If you get Shanahanned by a guy with 9.9 total FP on the year, by God, will that ever take the cake for Shanhanigans. Aside from that time Mike just yanked Hightower from the game in the first quarter after like four carries and inserted Ryan Torain for a buck thirty and a couple of TDs back when he was the WFT coach.  

This is like the third player I held and held and held and right when I give up on them they break out lol

If I knew Elliott would be out I would have benched Wilson for Pollard. Glad things worked out as they did.

(And my opponent started Murray so that game was good news all around for me.)

49ers re-signed RB Jeff Wilson to a one-year contract.

Wilson is coming off a 600-yard, six-touchdown rushing season as a rotational back in coach Kyle Shanahan's offense. He entered the season as a backup but started games with Raheem Mostert dealing with lingering injuries. Both Mostert and Wilson are signed through the 2021 season, making this a competition to track during the offseason. It's unclear what the 49ers will do on third downs with both Tevin Coleman and Jerick McKinnon set to be unrestricted free agents. There's a ceiling to chase in this balanced offense.

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter

Jan 26, 2021, 6:58 PM ET

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports 49ers RB Jeff Wilson suffered a torn meniscus and is expected to miss the start of the regular season. 

Garafolo added that Wilson underwent surgery to repair his meniscus and is expected to be out four to six months. Wilson sporadically served as San Francisco's goal line back and even made three starts last year. He re-signed with San Francisco on a one-year deal this offseason but the 49ers then took two running backs in the draft. Wilson was going to be competing with Elijah Mitchell and Wayne Gallman for a roster spot. Mitchell, a sixth-round pick from Louisiana-Lafayette, is now a name to watch in training camp. Trey Sermon and Raheem Mostert will split most of the backfield work to start the year.

RELATED: 

Wayne Gallman

, Elijah Mitchell

, Trey Sermon

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

May 25, 2021, 7:24 PM ET

Kyle Shanahan says Wilson hurt his knee getting out of a chair awkwardly. 

Wat

Dafuq is going on out there with the 49ers & injuries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle Shanahan said he is hoping for RB Jeff Wilson (meniscus surgery) to return in November but noted it could be slightly earlier or later than that.

Wilson suffered a torn meniscus in May and is currently recovering from the subsequent surgery. Any additional running back help would be welcomed by the 49ers. Raheem Mostert is now done for the year after injuring his knee and Trey Sermon was a healthy scratch in Week 1. Wilson earned three starts in 2020 and averaged 21.7 touches per game in those contests. Despite opening the year buried on San Francisco's depth chart, Wilson totaled 600 rushing yards and seven scores last year due to the myriad of injuries the 49ers suffered. Once healthy, he could return to a meaningful role in Shanahan's running back rotation if Elijah Mitchell and Sermon aren't getting the job done. 

RELATED: 

Elijah Mitchell

, Trey Sermon

SOURCE: Jake Hutchinson on Twitter

Sep 15, 2021, 1:25 PM ET

Outside of forums like these, I haven't seen the mass fantasy sites pick up on Wilson in any articles...

...until today on CBS.

Wasn't going to bite yet minus an IR slot, but now thinking even the nitwits could catch on by later this evening before waivers runtonight.

Holding Wilson can't be any worse than holding my R. Jones.

Outside of forums like these, I haven't seen the mass fantasy sites pick up on Wilson in any articles...

...until today on CBS.

Wasn't going to bite yet minus an IR slot, but now thinking even the nitwits could catch on by later this evening before waivers runtonight.

Holding Wilson can't be any worse than holding my R. Jones.
He has looked good at times but he also seems like a guy who has trouble staying healthy.

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoNBCS

This week on @KNBR, I stated, "I’m not sure they expect to see Jeff Wilson back.” I noted the #49ers, at first, hoped for a midseason return. Then, the timeframe got pushed back to late-November. I said, “That doesn’t leave you much wiggle room.”
(1/2)
https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/1451934332830961665?s=21

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoNBCS

One day later, when @Adamcopes asked about Jeff Wilson, GM John Lynch expressed a lot of optimism. “It’s not in the next couple weeks, but kind of beyond that … He’s doing really well. He’s had some real positive breakthroughs in the last couple of weeks in his recovery.”
(2/2)
https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/1451934600784056324?s=21

Jeff Wilson (knee, I.R.) will resume practicing this week.

The 49ers will open Wilson's 21-day window to bring him back from I.R. It's unclear if that will be Week 9 against the Cardinals, but his return is nearing with Elijah Mitchell (ribs) nursing a new injury. The 49ers are getting close to 100% in the backfield with Wilson closing in and Mitchell, Trey Sermon, and JaMycal Hasty all playing.

SOURCE: David Lombardi on Twitter

Nov 1, 2021, 6:58 PM ET

Pretty much what I was thinking.  But he is a decent lottery RB to hold. Could have value if Mitchell goes down. 

I'm not sure.  He isn't a primary back (wilson that is).  If mitchell goes down i think you have a 3 way with wilson, hasty and sermon

At this point they are just going to reward mitchell for running hard and playing well

I'm not sure.  He isn't a primary back (wilson that is).  If mitchell goes down i think you have a 3 way with wilson, hasty and sermon

At this point they are just going to reward mitchell for running hard and playing well

"That's what she said"

OK, sorry... it's out of my system now 🤐

No question I'm going after him. Too many fond memories of him playing an integral part in one of my recent runs.

If healthy, Shanahan knows what's he's got here. All it takes is a E. Mitchell injury (which he has currently) and who knows.

This offense may have its best days ahead as well. Kittle coming back, maybe B. Aiyuk wakes up, Jimmy G. gaining confidence, Deebo an emerging stud. The SF offense we thought would be there day 1 finally emerges and Wilson could have serious upside if he's part of it.

I want him at the end of my bench. And I don't have an IR spot.

No question I'm going after him. Too many fond memories of him playing an integral part in one of my recent runs.

If healthy, Shanahan knows what's he's got here. All it takes is a E. Mitchell injury (which he has currently) and who knows.

This offense may have its best days ahead as well. Kittle coming back, maybe B. Aiyuk wakes up, Jimmy G. gaining confidence, Deebo an emerging stud. The SF offense we thought would be there day 1 finally emerges and Wilson could have serious upside if he's part of it.

I want him at the end of my bench. And I don't have an IR spot.

It's not a bad idea for depth but he is just that depth.  He has always been the last rb standing with sf.  If anyone else is healthy they get the carries.  

It's not a bad idea for depth but he is just that depth.  He has always been the last rb standing with sf.  If anyone else is healthy they get the carries.  

I'm a big fan of maxing out my RB slots. In one league I can max out at 8. Four of those slots are legitimately filled by only 4 flex and above RBs due to injuries. The rest...I'm packing with lottery tickets. That's 4 tickets. Usually one hits and that may be all you need.

Would rather pick up a J. Wilson vs. some wack a mole WR (like all the DET WRs that are recommended week after week). Keep WRs light, RBs heavy. The predictability of RB performance is superior to that of WRs.

I'm a big fan of maxing out my RB slots. In one league I can max out at 8. Four of those slots are legitimately filled by only 4 flex and above RBs due to injuries. The rest...I'm packing with lottery tickets. That's 4 tickets. Usually one hits and that may be all you need.

Would rather pick up a J. Wilson vs. some wack a mole WR (like all the DET WRs that are recommended week after week). Keep WRs light, RBs heavy. The predictability of RB performance is superior to that of WRs.

I'm with you on this.

I'm currently carrying Wilson, Scott, Mckissic etc...

I'm just pointing out that Wilson is not the main guy in SF when he comes back.  If there are injuries 100% worth the flyer

If you've got the room, certainly worth a stash but have to hope for injuries to once again attack the RB stable.

Still don't trust Mitchell. Some of you should go look at some of the games Wilson has in the past. Week 16 and 17 last year alone are worth nothing.  

Still don't trust Mitchell. Some of you should go look at some of the games Wilson has in the past. Week 16 and 17 last year alone are worth nothing.  

He ran wild over arizona but he was the last rb standing on sf at the time.  The other games (including week 17) he did not show much

Payne said:

Mitchell already has more 100-yard games rushing in his career than Wilson does (3-2).  Sure, I've stashed Wilson and am hoping something comes of it, but he's gonna need an injury to Mitchell to take this job. 

Hey Mitchell owners…are you stashing Wilson. I saw that he is back at practice & has a 21 day window to become activated. 

Users who are viewing this thread