What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jeff Wilson, MIA (1 Viewer)

Wow, wish I'd started Wilson today. I thought I ought, but couldn't pull the trigger. He's cemented as a FLEX for as long as he's healthy, it would seem.

22.30 in my Redraft
He had 11 in the 1st Half, 11 in the 2nd Half, very even keel the entire game
Last time a Miami RB went over 120 yds Rushing? Anyone? I bet @SoBeDad knows

Mostert still got his
Tua still had 3 TD passes and you didn't hear his name called much but he was absolute precision today, complete surgeon like I ain't seen in a very long time.
This team looks for real but I want to stress how much different Cleveland will be when Watson returns.

Jeff Wilson played on 61% of snaps in the Dolphins' Week 10 win over the Browns.​

Raheem Mostert played just 28% of snaps, making Wilson the Dolphins' clear lead running back. Wilson totaled 143 scrimmage yards, so it's doubtful that the Dolphins are having second thoughts about installing him as their primary rusher. Wilson looks like a solid RB2 moving forward. His workload is unlikely to be all that voluminous, and his offensive line play is far from ideal, but he is the primary rusher on a high-powered offense.
RELATED:
Nov 14, 2022, 10:00 AM ET

Need some upside for my struggling team. May try to drop J Williams for him during waivers. I’m at the 4 spot on the WW so my claim is unlikely to happen. It’s a ten team league with shallow benches. Every team is good.

Snap Count

Wilson 42
Mostert 19

McDaniel indicated before the game that he has no issue going with the hot hand, both RBs looked great Sunday but Wilson was instant juice on the opening drive and also the drive where Miami scored the TD going into Halftime and also the one right before that where Miami ended up turning it over on downs.
Things you might not see in the box score

You're gonna dig the video clip, think it's just CBS clips of his runs strung together but it will give you a sense of what you are looking at.
SOmething about that natural bermuda grass and turf, he looks smooth as all could be, also seems to be getting outstanding block in the "A-Gaps both sides, good Off Tackle runs, he is balling in this offense, barely touched at the LOS, able to get to the next level.

Chase Edmonds left so many yds on the field, it's obvious as you watch this.

With no RB signed beyond this year, do we extend Wilson for a year or 2? He turns 27 tomorrow. He's making $575k this year.

With no RB signed beyond this year, do we extend Wilson for a year or 2? He turns 27 tomorrow. He's making $575k this year.
Depends on what kind of money
He has a terrible injury history and this type of running game tends to lend itself to injury.
He is having a career year in terms of total yds, he's at 774 including 638 yds rushing and he's scored a TD rather easily the last 2 weeks he's been here.
Honestly, depends on how far this Cinderella 50th Anniversary party takes us. If it starts going towards where this feels like it could, he'll have done us proud if he can take us all the way to to the promised land, we traded a 5th, not likely to find anything in the Draft but there will be plenty of free agents at RB, the draft class is said to be well stocked, they shouldn't have to pay up huge dollars for him.
I'll stand by the 1st sentence as the last sentence again.

I guess this boils down to McDaniel as much as it does Grier and the two backs. Wilson has already professed his love for the team, and with the phins trading away a lot of picks next year, RB likely needs to come from free agency. I think they lock up one or both of these guys for a "run it back" and they have seen enough of Ahmed and Gaskin to decide whether to keep them on the team in a role.
Finally, Wilson was Mike McD's guy. He scouted him and recommended him to SF. If McD can scout him for the Niners, he can find the next guy for the Phins....

This is what I am wondering. Received an offer in a dynasty before last night's game of his Jeff Wilson for my Brian Robinson. I have Mostert, and he has Gibson. Not sure I want to do that deal in a dynasty.

This is what I am wondering. Received an offer in a dynasty before last night's game of his Jeff Wilson for my Brian Robinson. I have Mostert, and he has Gibson. Not sure I want to do that deal in a dynasty.
Robinson feels safer long term, but Wilson the more attractive swing for the fences move IMO

What has Robinson shown to say he's anything other than a JAG?

Damn it. I'm starting him and this is usually a harbinger if disaster
Yep. I swear every time rotoworld says it's a juicy matchup for a player, they have a terrible game. Like, 95% of the time.
"Run wild" probably means 15 touches for 40 yards and no scores.
Toney part 2
Jeff Wilson is more accomplished than Toney.

Crazy hype on Wilson, Jr. and every reason to believe so.

I was all in earlier in the week and now it's like RB #1 status and more than likely to score at least one TD.

I'm all in everywhere in all leagues and DFS.

Nothing is ever a sure thing, but my gosh does this one look like a smash hit.

Damn it. I'm starting him and this is usually a harbinger if disaster
Yep. I swear every time rotoworld says it's a juicy matchup for a player, they have a terrible game. Like, 95% of the time.
"Run wild" probably means 15 touches for 40 yards and no scores.
Toney part 2
Jeff Wilson is more accomplished than Toney.
Indeed. But the "can't miss" hype is similar with Toney 2 weeks ago when he utterly crapped out in what was billed as his ultimate time to shine. I certainly hope Wilson's performance goes 180 from that goose egg.

In a 16 tm ppr dynasty I offered Kenyan Drake and my 2023 2nd for Wilson (on 15th place team's roster). Rejected with no counter. :shrug: Seemed like fair value to me.

This has been a steady drumbeat with a build for a while now. No reason to think Jeff Wilson handles much more than he usually does, which is still plenty. He's likely not getting the ball for more than seventeen carries like he had before the bye. That was RB1 usage. Probably stays constant.

There's no reason to really hype or de-hype him, is what I'm saying, unless you play full PPR for RBs because he might get a few more catches. That said, none of my leagues do that, so that extra bit doesn't mean as much to me.

I also don't think serious leagues should give a full point for RB catches. Now, I'm not saying you're not a serious league if you do, but that's my opinion or preference on how FF scoring should go based on correlations with real production on the field.

In a 16 tm ppr dynasty I offered Kenyan Drake and my 2023 2nd for Wilson (on 15th place team's roster). Rejected with no counter. :shrug: Seemed like fair value to me.
Drake is 3rd rb on that team when the backfield is healthy. 4th in line for carries if you include Lamar. Basically you offered a 2nd for Wilson in dynasty.

Drake is 3rd rb on that team when the backfield is healthy. 4th in line for carries if you include Lamar. Basically you offered a 2nd for Wilson in dynasty.
To a team in 15th place in a 16 team league, I thought a 2nd was a good offer. Wilson's contract is up at the end of the season iirc, so might not be back with Miami next season.

The other owner sent an offer of my 1st for Wilson. I rejected it.

Basically you offered a 2nd for Wilson in dynasty.

Yeah, an early second is a fair offer, probably generous.
Just wait ye of little faith. Wilson's price is only going to get higher as he runs through open holes left by Hill/Waddle on the outside.
That said I grabbed him for a 3rd in a ten team league and I'm dancing about it.
Wilson not doing much in the 1st half. :shrug:
Tua just lost a leg, they'll do more than pass in the 2nd half.

Users who are viewing this thread