What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (2 Viewers)

What is going on here??? He practiced this week, this came with no warning.
They have scored the fewest points in the NFL and its not even close. It doesn't make sense. Their defense alone can't win all the games. This is a team that is somehow 2-2-1 despite their offense trying to be 0-5.

Is this saying colts don’t need him to win or the team is a dumpster fire going no where and this decision came from higher up to protect him long term?

They have scored the fewest points in the NFL and its not even close. It doesn't make sense. Their defense alone can't win all the games. This is a team that is somehow 2-2-1 despite their offense trying to be 0-5.

Is this saying colts don’t need him to win or the team is a dumpster fire going no where and this decision came from higher up to protect him long term?
Considering they got smashed 24-0 the last time they played Jacksonville pretty sure this isn't a sign they don't need him to win this game.

Well, they are 2-2-1

The latter. Suck for Luck part 2.

Lindsay is a no brainer for Taylor owners, I would try and pick him up and play him vs the Jaguars.
Lindsay has two 1,000+ yd rushing seasons and 16 TDs over those 2 seasons when he was was a feature back in '18 and '19 with Denver,
Don't overlook a 1 week bridge, Tayor will be back next week at 100%, the Colts are in the thick of it at 2-2-1, they do need to win vs JAX but they aren't out of the playoffs yet, not by a long shot. 9-8 or 8-8-1 is likely to take the AFC South the way things are going, none of the teams are world beaters yet.

Last edited:

Jonathan Taylor rushed 10 times for 58 yards in the Colts' Week 7 loss to the Titans, adding seven catches for 27 yards.

The Colts struggled to get much on offense, leading to them entering halftime at a two-score deficit. Trailing for most of the game, they never got a chance to establish Taylor on the ground. He did save his fantasy day with an inflated role through the air. His eight targets today were a season-high. Taylor remains an RB1, but Indy's ineptitude on offense could knock his fantasy value going forward. He will look to bounce back versus the Commanders in Week 8.

- NBCSportsEDGE

What a dumpster fire. RB 33 in my main league. TOTAL bust of a #1 overall pick.
No kidding. One TD in 8 weeks. I’ve owned him since his rookie year and this is by far the worst he’s been. Haven’t watched his games this year so does anyone know his issue this year?

Offensive line not as good?
QB play?
Reich not using him properly?
Ankle injury?
All of the above?

Odd because when Deon played two weeks ago he put up better numbers than Taylor has thus far.

No kidding. One TD in 8 weeks. I’ve owned him since his rookie year and this is by far the worst he’s been. Haven’t watched his games this year so does anyone know his issue this year?

QB play?
Ankle injury?
All of the above?

Odd because when Deon played two weeks ago he put up better numbers than Taylor has thus far.
I think all the stars aligned for Taylor last year. But it's pretty hard to return the 1.01 pick investment if his team is only scoring 16 pts a game. And the ankle injury is probably worse than was let on.

QB play?
Ankle injury?
All of the above?

All of the above. As much as last season was close to the perfect storm in his favor, this year is the mirror image. His ypc is over 4.3 and the rest of the RBs combine for 2.95 so he's doing okay but the offense is a dumpster fire.

And Deon was all volume, he only had a 3.5 ypc in the game but Ryan threw 58 times so he had 10 receptions. No idea why they don't throw to Taylor more, just terrible coaching.

Didn't want to take him at 1. My gut told me his team wasn't that good and he'd regress enough to warrant NOT taking him at 1. My biggest problem was I couldn't pinpoint an RB (particularly that high in the mocks) that didn't have a potential wart. Followed the herd and took him at 1. Lesson learned.

Was at the game yesterday. IMO, Reich's play calling was too conservative and too predictable w Ehlinger at QB. O-line hasn't been playing well either, but it still feels the bulk of this is play calling and no rhythm until late in games every week.

We own the Bust of the Year.

How lucky are we?

Never could have guessed it would be this bad. Amazing what happens with teams year to year. My only recourse is to draft him next year as this is just as likely to flip. He’s still elite. His situation this year isn’t.

Shades of David Johnson a few years back. One of the worst consensus number 1 picks ever, excluding guys who had season ending injuries.

RB33 in PPR, RB26 in PPG if you want to give him a pass for the two games he missed.

Surprising that the 2 teams where I roster Taylor (1 dynasty, 1redraft) are combined 3-13 after 8 weeks?
:(

at least in dynasty, I’ll be able to enjoy his rebound next year. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

I think a lot of it is play calling and being too predictable. Since they don't seem to want to throw to him the defense knows when he is in the game he is likely getting the ball on a rush and they react accordingly. He still has broken off good runs and looks good in traffic with minor adjustments to pick up more yards. The ankle is an issue but overall it's a sucky team/coach around him that is preventing him from hitting his potential. As someone above said, next year he could be a bargain if the team plays better to give him more chances.

Surprising that the 2 teams where I roster Taylor (1 dynasty, 1redraft) are combined 3-13 after 8 weeks?
:(

at least in dynasty, I’ll be able to enjoy his rebound next year. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!
I have him on one dynasty team and it's a salary cap/contract type league. This is the last year of his rookie contract ($10 out of $250 cap). In contract years, if a player finishes top 15 of his position he escalates his salary. By Taylor underperforming there is a chance he doesn't escalate and when he bounces back next year he will still be cheap for me.

Luckily I have CMC and had Hall to make up for Taylor's lack of production. Now I need Taylor to bounce back.

Not feeling optimistic as I am considering benching in all leagues. Reich has got to go and then maybe next year is a todd gurley type of bounce back.
hes killed us all year as I keep waiting For the game and keep waiting for his elite talent. Aside fro, week 1 he hasn’t done anything. It’s sad because 30 poimters are left and right now with others

Unthinkable just a couple weeks ago, but would anyone consider trading Taylor straight up for Foreman.
No. It may be the best offer, but I would make it known to the league that you are taking offers on Taylor. You’ll get a couple people interested, let them big against each other.

The play-calling here is just so bad. Goal line and you run shotgun with your RB moving sideways? Especially against one of the better defensive fronts in the NFL that's just crashing down every single play because they don't respect the pass? Unquestionable stupidity. This offense needs to change. Get under center. Run some boots and counters. Enough with this crap, it doesn't work.

JT's only hope this year is that Reich gets fired or wakes up like he did last year. There aren't many running backs (if any) in the game that could succeed under these circumstances.

They fired the offensive coordinator, although not sure it matters much since Reich calls the plays. Maybe it shows he's at least feeling the heat and will feed his best player more.

Too bad the Colts second game against the Texans isn’t until week 18. Pretty much been his only good fantasy game and that run defense is atrocious

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.​

Taylor gimped his way to 76 yards on 16 rushing attempts in Week 8 against Washington. He was seen having his injured ankle re-wrapped on the sideline in the first half and ceded snaps to Nyheim Hines through parts of the game. With Hines traded to Buffalo, Deon Jackson, Phillip Lindsay, and Jordan Wilkins -- activated on Wednesday from the Indy practice squad -- would vie for carries if Taylor misses Week 9 against New England. A limited practice for Taylor on Thursday and/or Friday would suggest he'll give it a go against the Patriots. The hobbled Taylor is a RB2 at best. Jackson should be added in most leagues.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 2, 2022, 12:25 PM ET

In redraft, I’m looking to trade him, he also has a week 14 bye. I can see the colts shutting him down if they are out of it after the bye.

Not invested, but I wouldn't freak out too much with "shutting him down" talk. If he gets healthy, I believe he'll play, regardless of their record.
Look what he’s giving you now. I can’t see it getting much better. In a redraft, I would make that someone else’s problem. I can’t imagine many JT people at the top of their leagues.

Not invested, but I wouldn't freak out too much with "shutting him down" talk. If he gets healthy, I believe he'll play, regardless of their record.
Look what he’s giving you now. I can’t see it getting much better. In a redraft, I would make that someone else’s problem. I can’t imagine many JT people at the top of their leagues.
I have JT as my one keeper in a 10 team league. Granted we are not the most savvy bunch of fake football managers to ever hold a draft but I'm in first place at 7-1. :lol:

Luckily I have Dalvin Cook and R. Stevenson keeping me afloat. JT is RB26 in season scoring in our format, so he has not been useless. But certainly the future is a little bleak. :rolleyes:

2 years in a row in one league with a high pick. CMC last year and Taylor this year…what a waste. Such a good player when healthy and used right

It’s not as if he’s looked like garbage. He’s still bursting through for several 7-10 yard gains. Not enough carries. Nothing long to the house. Terrible line. Terrible offense. His injury just can’t be that bad to have talk of shutting him down.

I actually have Taylor on one of my National High-Stakes League Teams.

Knock on wood, I've had some good luck: 6-2, alone in first place by one game...but 6th overall in points. There are some very strong 5-3, 4-4 Teams. If my scoring average doesn't increase, and I lose a few games, I could easily plummet out of the Top 4 (playoff qualifiers).

In addition to JT, I have Fournette and Kenneth Walker rotating through 2 starting spots and in the flex mix with a fairly strong WR and TE group.

Jackson, Moss, Lindsay and Wilkins are all available on what is an otherwise barren Waiver Wire. Barren, indeed, with a capital 'B'.

I'm a FAAB Miser, and still have almost 700/1000 available, (one of a group of 4 Teams with the most FAAB), but I have decided NOT to pursue any of these guys.

Ehlinger at QB. A highly-regarded OL that might be living on reputation vs reality. 4 guys who are likely nothing more than +/- JAG's.

None of this is going to yield '1.02: Jonathan Taylor, RB Colts' expected production, IMHO, and I'm not going to invest in chasing that.

I will bide my time and be prudent with my FAAB, and wait for a better opportunity down the road, in which I hope to leverage my bankroll and land a White Whale.

Just one man's perspective.

Buy low and win your league

Pay high for McCaff and maybe win your league...

I can repeat this 100x if you need reinforcement but that is the wise move right now.
Buying Lingering hurt players with OL issues probably isn’t winning either.

I actually have Taylor on one of my National High-Stakes League Teams.

Knock on wood, I've had some good luck: 6-2, alone in first place by one game...but 6th overall in points. There are some very strong 5-3, 4-4 Teams. If my scoring average doesn't increase, and I lose a few games, I could easily plummet out of the Top 4 (playoff qualifiers).

In addition to JT, I have Fournette and Kenneth Walker rotating through 2 starting spots and in the flex mix with a fairly strong WR and TE group.

Jackson, Moss, Lindsay and Wilkins are all available on what is an otherwise barren Waiver Wire. Barren, indeed, with a capital 'B'.

I'm a FAAB Miser, and still have almost 700/1000 available, (one of a group of 4 Teams with the most FAAB), but I have decided NOT to pursue any of these guys.

Ehlinger at QB. A highly-regarded OL that might be living on reputation vs reality. 4 guys who are likely nothing more than +/- JAG's.

None of this is going to yield '1.02: Jonathan Taylor, RB Colts' expected production, IMHO, and I'm not going to invest in chasing that.

I will bide my time and be prudent with my FAAB, and wait for a better opportunity down the road, in which I hope to leverage my bankroll and land a White Whale.

Just one man's perspective.
The nice thing for you is getting JT production out of Walker.

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) remained absent from the portion of Colts practice open to the media on Thursday.​

Perhaps Taylor will officially be slapped with a "limited" tag, but it seems unlikely. Taylor has now failed to get in a single practice rep after he aggravated his injury and played through a new tape job against the Commanders. The Colts will clearly do everything in their power to get Taylor on the field vs. the Patriots' sub-par run defense, but he should be considered on the wrong side of questionable. With Nyheim Hines now a Bill, Deon Jackson is a must add. Phillip Lindsay is the next man up behind Jackson.
SOURCE: Nate Atkins on Twitter
Nov 3, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) remained absent from the portion of Colts practice open to the media on Thursday.​

Perhaps Taylor will officially be slapped with a "limited" tag, but it seems unlikely. Taylor has now failed to get in a single practice rep after he aggravated his injury and played through a new tape job against the Commanders. The Colts will clearly do everything in their power to get Taylor on the field vs. the Patriots' sub-par run defense, but he should be considered on the wrong side of questionable. With Nyheim Hines now a Bill, Deon Jackson is a must add. Phillip Lindsay is the next man up behind Jackson.
SOURCE: Nate Atkins on Twitter
Nov 3, 2022, 1:26 PM ET
😒

Users who are viewing this thread