What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (2 Viewers)

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) did not practice Friday.​

Taylor hasn't logged a single practice this week. In Week 8 against the Commanders, Taylor was seen having his injured ankle re-wrapped and was generally ineffective on 16 carries. It might be time to shut him down until the injury heals. In the meantime, Deon Jackson -- who has acquitted himself well in limited 2022 usage -- profiles as the Colts' No. 1 running back. Jackson is a solid flex option this week against a poor New England run defense. His 10 receptions from his Week 6 start aren't walking through that door with Sam Ehlinger under center though.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter
Nov 4, 2022, 12:21 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday.​

Taylor will likely be a limited participant in practice, but he is moving in the right direction. An ankle issue from earlier in the year flared up in Week 8, forcing Taylor to sit out of practice last week before being ruled out on Friday. Deon Jackson took his place in the lineup but amassed just 36 yards on 13 touches. If Taylor returns this week, he will rank as a low-end RB1 based on the dismal state of the Colts' offense.
Nov 9, 2022, 1:38 PM ET

Taylor will likely be a limited participant in practice, but he is moving in the right direction. An ankle issue from earlier in the year flared up in Week 8, forcing Taylor to sit out of practice last week before being ruled out on Friday. Deon Jackson took his place in the lineup but amassed just 36 yards on 13 touches. If Taylor returns this week, he will rank as a low-end RB1 based on the dismal state of the Colts' offense.
Hard to know where to rank him but I would think an ex offensive lineman would want to run the ball 50 times

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) was a full participant in Thursday's practice.​

This sure seems to be portending a Week 10 comeback for Saturday's Stallions against the Raiders. Taylor would be on the RB1 line despite poor offensive line play due to talent and volume, and Saturday sure seems like the type who would give his workhorse back all the carries he could handle. It's hard to trust anything related to the Colts these days, but a healthy Taylor is as close as you'll get.
Nov 10, 2022, 4:07 PM ET

Hard to know where to rank him but I would think an ex offensive lineman would want to run the ball 50 times
Or run as many plays as possible to have the QB tickling his rear.

In redraft was offered JT for my ETN

Easy reject, but I'm curious - what is a reasonable get for JT?

Such a bad situation rn, their OL is as bad as the Rams, they'll be in a lot of negative game scripts, and his schedule is lousy WKs 13-17.

Such a bad situation rn, their OL is as bad as the Rams, they'll be in a lot of negative game scripts, and his schedule is lousy WKs 13-17.

I shopped him around in my redraft last week, Pierce owner wouldn't do a 1 for 1. Approached Amon Ra owner, and they rejected, 1 for 1.

0.5 PPR, 12 team

Jonathan Taylor (ankle) practiced Friday.​

Taylor resumed practicing in full Thursday and looks to be ready to go for Week 10 against the Raiders. With Jeff Saturday as his head coach and Sam Ehlinger as his QB, Taylor is a shaky, high-variance option against a Vegas defense that has been terrible against the pass but solid against the run. Taylor drafters should play him merely because he could see 20 touches unless the Colts are blown out by the down-bad Raiders.
SOURCE: Nate Atkins on Twitter
Nov 11, 2022, 12:04 PM ET

By the time JT has a possible blow up game it will be past the fantasy trade deadline. :(

Anyone with him has to just hold and hope for a late season resurgence.

Fantasy Football Six Pack: JuJu Smith-Schuster has joined some elite company

Excerpt:

4.1 – The Indianapolis Colts are averaging just 4.1 yards per play over the past three weeks, making them the league's least efficient offense. Sam Ehlinger has averaged only 5.8 yards per attempt and we're still waiting for his first touchdown pass. Last week, the team gained 121 total yards. And the Colts have almost no one on the coaching staff with any play-calling experience. Things are bleak in Indy, friends. This is as tanky as tanking gets. We have to be on alert for a Jonathan Taylorshutdown and we can't think of Michael Pittman Jr. as an auto-start.

By the time JT has a possible blow up game it will be past the fantasy trade deadline. :(

I don't own him and def don't want him. Was just curious if anyone has seen redraft trades go down.

I don't own him and def don't want him. Was just curious if anyone has seen redraft trades go down.
Caveat that my team is awful and in last place. So take that for what it’s worth. I don’t think I have a shot at playoffs in redraft, just trying to shake things up so I can stop watching the same crappy players every week. And I sort of need a 2 for 1 trade to get a backup QB in case Kyler sits this weekend.

Offered Kamara and Gabe Davis for him and the guy verbally said yes, but hasn’t hit the accept button yet.

Jonathan Taylor rushed 22 times for 147 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 10 win over the Raiders, adding two receptions for 16 additional yards.​

Struggling off and on with ankle issues since Week 4, Taylor finally appeared all the way back after sitting out in Week 9. His 100-yard day on the ground was his first since the opener, and powered by a 66-yard touchdown run in the third quarter. Sprung by a mammoth Braden Smith block, Taylor was able to cut back and find the sideline. No one could catch him. Both the cut and sprint were an advertisement for Taylor's renewed ankle health. A huge, needed day for both for the Colts and fantasy managers, though Taylor has a daunting Week 11 test in an Eagles defense that could derail Indy's entire, Matt Ryan-led offense.
Nov 13, 2022, 7:16 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor had 22 carries for 84 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 11 loss to the Eagles.​

He didn't factor in the pass game, catching 3-of-4 targets for 10 yards. Taylor converted a goal-line carry on the opening drive for his only score. The Eagles held Taylor, who lost a fumble, to under 4.0 YPC and stopped him on a pair of red-zone carries in the fourth quarter. The Colts' offense has played better the last two weeks under Matt Ryan, allowing for run-heavy gamescripts. A matchup with the Steelers' top-five run defense awaits Taylor in Week 12 .
Nov 20, 2022, 5:01 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor rushed 20 times for 86 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 12 loss to the Steelers.​

Zack moss was the only backup running back on the roster to touch the ball. He rushed one time and no one but Taylor earned a target out of the backfield. Despite a solid but not elite performance from Taylor, his dominance of the Colts' opportunities is a welcomed change by fantasy managers. He has typically given up work on passing downs to another running back, either Nyheim Hines or Deon Jackson, this season. If this role holds into Week 13, it will be a lot easier to rank him as a top-five fantasy option. Either way, no one is benching him for his upcoming matchup with Dallas.
Nov 28, 2022, 11:27 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor rushed 21 times for 82 yards in the Colts' Week 13 loss to the Cowboys, adding 21 yards on three receptions.​

Taylor looked primed for his first 100-yard rushing game since Week 10 before losing five yards on his final two carries of the third quarter and adding only seven additional yards in an ugly fourth quarter for the Colts. Taylor looked spry on a 19-yard gain in the second quarter but was bottled up for the remainder of the game, finishing with a paltry 3.9 yards per carry mark against the stout front seven of the Dallas defense. The Colts head into their bye week nearing mathematical elimination from the playoffs, which is more likely to influence snaps at the quarterback position than it is for the running backs, keeping Taylor in the weekly RB1 discussion for the remainder of the season.
Dec 4, 2022, 11:48 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor left Week 15 vs the Vikings with an ankle injury and is questionable to return.​

Taylor got his ankle rolled up on the Colts' opening series. He was later taken to the locker room but hasn't been ruled out. Taylor had one catch for 13 yards before exiting. The Colts will go with a committee of Deon Jackson and Zack Moss while Taylor is sidelined.
Dec 17, 2022, 1:28 PM ET

I heard that he hasn't actually be ruled out yet. But they're up 30-0 so... even if he is ok why would they put him in? Lame all around. Would really like to see the Vikings do something.

I heard that he hasn't actually be ruled out yet. But they're up 30-0 so... even if he is ok why would they put him in? Lame all around. Would really like to see the Vikings do something.

Bad info. He was ruled out at halftime per the broadcast team.

devastating - our league JT manager is in the toilet bowl but this is really sad for anyone with a good team

freaking FF playoffs can be brutal

Thing is any of us who made the playoffs after drafting JT #1 overall overcame a brutal year but were salivating over the chances he'd make it up to us in the playoffs. Next week vs the Chargers and week 17 vs the Giants. Doesn't get much better than that. Oh well

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Colts RB Jonathan Taylor suffered a sprained ankle in the Week 15 loss to the Vikings.​

Schefter adds that although the injury is considered to be "nothing major," there is the possibility that the Colts hold their franchise running back out for the remainder of a lost season. Taylor will undergo additional testing on Sunday but it remains up in the air whether or not we will see Taylor play again this season.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Dec 17, 2022, 6:44 PM ET

After losing today the way they did he may be shut down for the season even if he is ok in a week
I don't think most JT owners have to worry about the rest of the season.
In two of my FFPC playoffs the teams with Taylor had him on the bench.
Well, I did say most, but that's pretty surprising. Can't imagine many teams had better options.
I was just made aware that it's something else. It was actually an anti-tank tech issue which removed him from the lineups and he will be put back in the lineups. That makes more sense to me.

Damn, feel bad for all the fantasy teams that had him. Injuries suck, especially in the playoffs. You all deserved a better fate.

Users who are viewing this thread