What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Khalil Herbert, CHI (1 Viewer)

I suppose if you're in a sixteen-team league, you can start both. I haven't seen a true RBBC be able to be supported unless it's Chubb/Hunt, and that's actually the only example I can think of in recent memory where you weren't taking a chance at about six points or under if you started one guy and not the other.
Your memory may not be the best then. Jones (6), Dillon (23), Chubb (2), Hunt (13), Jamaal Williams (5), Swift (7), Denver is pathetic but Javonte (19), Gordon (31) and last year they finished 16/20.

You run the risk of 6 point games with any back. You minimize that risk high end RBs but, outside the top 5-10 options (and we never know who those guys are going to be judging by the amount of first round magic football busts). At that point duo backfields are highly viable. There aren't many good duo backfields but there are some and they're worth taking a shot on.

To the topic at hand it is difficult to see Monty & Khalil being a viable fantasy duo considering how limited that offense has been as a whole.

I suppose if you're in a sixteen-team league, you can start both. I haven't seen a true RBBC be able to be supported unless it's Chubb/Hunt, and that's actually the only example I can think of in recent memory where you weren't taking a chance at about six points or under if you started one guy and not the other.
Your memory may not be the best then. Jones (6), Dillon (23), Chubb (2), Hunt (13), Jamaal Williams (5), Swift (7), Denver is pathetic but Javonte (19), Gordon (31) and last year they finished 16/20.

You run the risk of 6 point games with any back. You minimize that risk high end RBs but, outside the top 5-10 options (and we never know who those guys are going to be judging by the amount of first round magic football busts). At that point duo backfields are highly viable. There aren't many good duo backfields but there are some and they're worth taking a shot on.

To the topic at hand it is difficult to see Monty & Khalil being a viable fantasy duo considering how limited that offense has been as a whole.
Just to add Gordon and Ekeler in Gordon's last season in SD, they were a very good backfield for one year. Don't remember for sure but I'm somewhat confident they were both top 25 or thereabouts (in PPR). Ekeler had 92 catches that year.

please check the fantasy doctors on youtube re: Montgomery, invaluable resource for injuries.sports medicine doc in Miami.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEd-QkoUq2Y

he's saying from what he saw in the video of the injury, it's likely the dreaded H.A.S high ankle sprain and MCL sprain on the knee for Monty likely out 4 weeks if either is true. his words.

If either injury sticks, Herbert is a stud obviously.
Not much has been said about DM’s injury in Chicago. It could be how this coaching staff handles them. The first thing I thought of was a high ankle sprain, which is 4-6 weeks min. Sure, people do come back sooner, but are rarely effective. I expect Herbert to be the starter for the rest of the year.

Not much has been said about DM’s injury in Chicago. It could be how this coaching staff handles them. The first thing I thought of was a high ankle sprain, which is 4-6 weeks min. Sure, people do come back sooner, but are rarely effective. I expect Herbert to be the starter for the rest of the year.
Sure would be nice to have clarity on the injury status for Montgomery and Swift. FF can be maddening for many reasons but the injury games are annoying.

Sure would be nice to have clarity on the injury status for Montgomery and Swift. FF can be maddening for many reasons but the injury games are annoying.
I couldn’t start Montgomery and I own him and Herbert.

please check the fantasy doctors on youtube re: Montgomery, invaluable resource for injuries.sports medicine doc in Miami.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEd-QkoUq2Y

he's saying from what he saw in the video of the injury, it's likely the dreaded H.A.S high ankle sprain and MCL sprain on the knee for Monty likely out 4 weeks if either is true. his words.

I have heard that in multiple podcasts from their medical experts. Couple that with him still not practicing and it looks very unlikely he is playing. This seems like the coaching staff doesn't want to tip off their opponents that he is done.

The video of the injury looked pretty bad. I'm surprised it wasn't catastrophic.

The video of the injury looked pretty bad. I'm surprised it wasn't catastrophic.
Where did you find the video? I was searching for it yesterday, but couldn’t find anything.

Where did you find the video? I was searching for it yesterday, but couldn’t find anything.

I actually can't remember... must have been Twitter because I just checked my YouTube history and doesn't appear I watched it there. He got rolled up on from the side and bent backwards (collapsed). Tough dude to walk back to the sideline.

Are we starting this kid? If so, over the likes of who? It's difficult to get a gauge on him, but if Monty is out, and it appears that he is trending that way......what range of RB's are you thinking about benching him for? The Giants aren't exactly world beaters on that DL.

Are we starting this kid? If so, over the likes of who? It's difficult to get a gauge on him, but if Monty is out, and it appears that he is trending that way......what range of RB's are you thinking about benching him for? The Giants aren't exactly world beaters on that DL.
Haven't seen any status updates today on Montgomery. Hoping we get a clear answer on that soon, but not looking like we're going to.

I'd be a little wary of starting him over big time talents, such as A.Jones or Kamara, but I'd be starting him over the likes of Javonte, or banged up Dalvin. So probably high-end RB2 range.

NYG aren't world beaters on the DL, but they also can put 8-9 guys in the box if they want. For what its worth, I'm probably higher on Jamaal Williams this week.

Gotta be beasts to start over him. He leads the league in YPC and now gets a full workload? I'm all in.

Haven't seen any status updates today on Montgomery. Hoping we get a clear answer on that soon, but not looking like we're going to.
I'm think he's announced as Out in the next few minutes. The question is do they follow up and move him to IR by Saturday imo.

Ask, and you shall receive.

If Monty is out, I have him in my flex over: Conner, ARII, Jacobs, Gibson, Devonta Smith, Dotson, Doubs, Pickens

On CBS Fantasy, they say to start Khalil over Derrick Henry, Najee Harris, Dalvin Cook, and Alvin Kamara this week.

It just seems crazy but it might be spot on as well.

I've got him at RB8 this week.

Using a line of NYG -3 with an O/U of 39.5, that's 18.25 points for Chicago. I've got that as 10.8 points (1.8 touchdowns) for the offense (after subtracting out projected return TDs, field goals, and extra points).

On many teams, that would go mostly to the passing game, but I'm projecting a 52% run percentage for the Bears. I've got just over 0.7 touchdowns for the RBs as a group, with just under 0.6 of that going to Herbert (with another >0.2 rushing touchdowns for the quarterback).

I've got the Bears running 58.4 offensive plays, with 23.3 rush attempts going to the running backs -- 19.4 for Herbert and 3.9 for Trestan Ebner. (With 6.5 rush attempts for the quarterback.)

With 19.4 rushes and 3.3 receptions at his projected (defense-adjusted) YPR and YPC, plus 0.6 touchdowns, that puts Herbert at RB8 this week for me.

It's possible that 58.4 is too many plays for the Bears, and it's possible that Ebner or another RB will eat into Herbert's opportunities more. But that's how I'm arriving at my current projection and ranking.

Using a line of NYG -3 with an O/U of 39.5, that's 18.25 points for Chicago. I've got that as 10.8 points (1.8 touchdowns) for the offense (after subtracting out projected return TDs, field goals, and extra points).

On many teams, that would go mostly to the passing game, but I'm projecting a 52% run percentage for the Bears. I've got just over 0.7 touchdowns for the RBs as a group, with just under 0.6 of that going to Herbert (with another >0.2 rushing touchdowns for the quarterback).

I've got the Bears running 58.4 offensive plays, with 23.3 rush attempts going to the running backs -- 19.4 for Herbert and 3.9 for Trestan Ebner. (With 6.5 rush attempts for the quarterback.)

With 19.4 rushes and 3.3 receptions at his projected (defense-adjusted) YPR and YPC, plus 0.6 touchdowns, that puts Herbert at RB8 this week for me.

It's possible that 58.4 is too many plays for the Bears, and it's possible that Ebner or another RB will eat into Herbert's opportunities more. But that's how I'm arriving at my current projection and ranking.
That's good work, Thank you.

Thanks, MT. That's awesome and transparent.

I'm starting him as my RB 3 with confidence, over Dameon Pierce. The forecast here in NY for Sunday isn't as bad as it was a few days ago, just showers.

Also count me among those starting him. Have to if he's healthy and Montgomery isn't. He's capable of fifteen-plus points, as was certainly proven with his thirty-one the other day.

You have made my week with your HC references!!

Thanks! I was going "Good Guys..." as not only a nod to Minor Threat of the hardcore scene, but also The Standells. I tend more towards garage rock these days than hardcore, it seems. But my youth was definitely filled with HC. Glad you're appreciating the references.

Last edited:
In a year where nearly all rb’s are struggling you’d have to have a pretty good core not to start him this weekend. Running offense, he’s proven to be productive, no real threat to take carries and a good matchup….what’s not to like? This is everything I hoped for when I snagged him with the last pick in the draft….

I'd be a little wary of starting him over big time talents, such as A.Jones or Kamara, but I'd be starting him over the likes of Javonte, or banged up Dalvin. So probably high-end RB2 range.
I own Kamara, and he's banged up, in London, and backup QB.
I think Herbert over him this week is very logical

I own Kamara, and he's banged up, in London, and backup QB.
I think Herbert over him this week is very logical
Kamara has had one game over the past 2 years that was as good as Herbert’s last week. Kamara, even when he’s not banged up, is not the Brees Kamara.

CMC did 15-108 against NYG. Khalil should do even better. Chi just runs on anyone. rain in the forecast with 19mph winds. this is going to be a run fest between Quadzilla and Herbert.

Don't forget he plays for Chicago and they pass 10 times a game. I don't see him continuing to dominate. Teams will just key on the run.

With pride. Care bear stare!

I want this Care Bear to show up on Sunday.

NSFW lyrics and headphones recommended

@NYRAGE approved?
I liked my hc bands to be a little harder than Murphy's Law, but "Crucial BBQ" isn't bad. It actually put me in the mood to play this now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4G40jNZABI

As far as Herbert goes, I'm playing against him in a few leagues, so I hope he doesn't go off.

In a year where nearly all rb’s are struggling you’d have to have a pretty good core not to start him this weekend. Running offense, he’s proven to be productive, no real threat to take carries and a good matchup….what’s not to like? This is everything I hoped for when I snagged him with the last pick in the draft….
I do have a pretty good core, but thinking he will get the nod over Jacobs and Jeff Wilson. One of those two will make it in if CMC sits.

A bit of a dud here. He is going to need that passing attack to do something or it is going to be another long season for Da Bears.

Got an offer for him in a PPR dynasty league where I'm thin at RB...for Doubs. I'm torn because Doubs has looked like the part as #1 WR in GB...thoughts?

A bit of a dud here. He is going to need that passing attack to do something or it is going to be another long season for Da Bears.
At NYG is pretty tough since their defense is constantly underrated. Vikings defense on the other hand is below average. Herbert needs more targets as well- 1 reception but for 24 yards. His yardage he got last week would indicate he was due for a TD. 100 YFS generally leads to 0.7 or 0.8 TDs

Optimism about Montgomery playing today. If he doesn’t, it’s a no brainer for me over Najee Harris.

With Montgomery back, I can’t decide if I roll with him or Najee against Pitt, any thoughts?

I'm in kind of the same boat, while I think if Montgomery is active he's going to be limited, it'll be enough usage to make Herbert a much less appealing play

Khali Herbert is a hold and bench spot this week for one of my teams because Monty is likely playing however limited he may be. It's a hold because I think Herbert is the better back regardless. Just gotta watch and see how this plays out. I guess it depends upon the choices of other RB's. Herbert with Monty is like a RB #3 with Flex appeal for many rosters I imagine. Herbert by himself makes him an obvious start. Of my RB's I would rank them with Monty playing: Chubb, J Robinson, Pierce, AJ Dillon / Herbert, and Swift (out). I'm really hoping for a good game from Herbert and opportunities to continue to showcase his talents. HOLD for now.

Users who are viewing this thread