What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Match Ups to Exploit/Avoid Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Love the thread. Very good insight which always makes me more confused. I am already starting Gore and am now deciding between Turner, Graham, and Edge for my RB2. Standard scoring with no ppr. I currently have Turner in there. I don't expect him to dulicate last week's numbers at any point during the rest of the season, but don't know how I can sit him. Don't like Hightower in the mix in AZ, plus I feel they are a pass first team anyway.

If this was a ppr league I would probably go Graham, but since it is not, I have Turner in there.

Sunday Morning, anyone got any questions, or have things changed anywhere since the beginning of the week?
I'm wondering if Pierre Thomas or Selvin might be good sneak plays this week
I don't like the Saints on the road this week. Thomas is likely a decent play in a flex or something if you play in a large dynasty league, and when the Saints are going to be winning...I like the Skins to win at home today.Young has a better chance IMO as I think the Broncos will be hit with the reality of not getting to play the Raiders this weekend.
Hey, MOP. Great exchange as usual. Who do you like as a better play today, Edge or CJ3?
Chris Johnson all day long

Sunday Morning, anyone got any questions, or have things changed anywhere since the beginning of the week?
In a PPR league where I own McGahee and MoMo, I have to decide whether to start Hall or Chester Taylor along with ADP. Because both RBs are in time sharees, I'm leaning towards Taylor for receptions. Also, Taylor shares time with only 1 RB whereas Hall shares time with 2 RBs. What are your thoughts about this and how long it will take in Denver for the RB situation to become more clear? THX!
Tend to agree on Taylor but folks are going to see what Hall did against a junior varsity Raiders game last week and assume Denver will roll 4 RB every week. Against SD today I think we see something different.

I'm looking at starting S Morris and it's making my head hurt. Right now I have Jacobs, Lendale and Selvin starting. Just wondering what your thoughts are on Morris. BB seems to really like him but what will Cassel's play do to Morris' numbers? Any idea? I was also wondering what you thought about A Gonzalez this week. I know Clark is out and some seem to think Gonzo is a sneaky play vs a shaky MIN secondary. How do you see that game playing out?
Does Gonzo play TE? :cry: Jacobs=goodWhite=maybeYoung=gambleI like Morris over Young or White right now.

Team 2 in my sig.I can only start two.ADP is always gonna be in the #1 slotThe #2 slot will rotate BJacobs, CJ3 and TurnerThis week BJacobs and CJ3 are causing me fits. Jacobs is my "head" pick. CJ3 is my "gut/heart" pick. So... Head or Heart?And going forward, do I have to trade some of this talent? Its only one keeper, and mine is ADP.
My friend, go into the Coach forum and find Wannabee, he'll help you. I can't turn this into a WDIS thread...I'm sorry. If we are comparing 1 or 2 backs, but we can't do sig teams...sorry :bag:

I'm looking at starting S Morris and it's making my head hurt. Right now I have Jacobs, Lendale and Selvin starting. Just wondering what your thoughts are on Morris. BB seems to really like him but what will Cassel's play do to Morris' numbers? Any idea? I was also wondering what you thought about A Gonzalez this week. I know Clark is out and some seem to think Gonzo is a sneaky play vs a shaky MIN secondary. How do you see that game playing out?
Does Gonzo play TE? :bag: Jacobs=goodWhite=maybeYoung=gambleI like Morris over Young or White right now.
So that's a no? Gonzo as the slot v a suspect MIN secodary looks like a decent play to me.ETA: No big deal. I know this isn't the AST forum. I'm just trying to get a read on the gameplan/ strategy that will be employed by IND in this game with Clark out. Great column as usual, MOP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting D Williams at flex over J Lewis and S. Young. Not much of a reach but concerned about the Bears shutting down the run. They looked awesome last week against the Colts.
Great avatarI like DWill of the 3 you are mentioning. I think his ability to catch the ball will factor in somewhere here. You might be surprised how close the 3 of them finish. I also think Lewis will pound ther ball today. I assume you have another starter ahead of this group.

Love the thread. Very good insight which always makes me more confused. I am already starting Gore and am now deciding between Turner, Graham, and Edge for my RB2. Standard scoring with no ppr. I currently have Turner in there. I don't expect him to dulicate last week's numbers at any point during the rest of the season, but don't know how I can sit him. Don't like Hightower in the mix in AZ, plus I feel they are a pass first team anyway. If this was a ppr league I would probably go Graham, but since it is not, I have Turner in there.
Genius move is to start Graham. I am going to let Turner ride my bench this week and start Chris Johnson in fornt of him...call me crazy but I think people will overvalue what they saw against Detroit last week. Tenessee will give a healthy dose to both Johnson and yes White at times too. I think Turner will likely be held to about 80 total yds today...I know Brooks is iffy but the Bucs are desperate for a win and this is going to be a low scoring affair IMO.Edge would be running 3rd out of this group. Either Turner or CJ3.

I gotta get going so I can get a good seat at the bar, good luck to everyone today. Maybe Josh will stop by and pick up some of the questions.

I implore you to go into the Coach's forum. A lot of prominent posters/staff like to roll in there on Sunday Mornings. I will try and go int here in the upcoming weeks.

Remember, it's only week 2...and later tonight, make sure you check back in here as I will likely review what I saw today...but don't be surprised if some of the factorbacks do some things today...guys liek SJax, LJ, Portis...look for the 1st round factorbacks to have big days too.

let's start with the early afternoon games...

Buffalo at Jax

Lynch: 59 and a TD, no tears from owners today...not a great avg but Jax is pretty good against the run.

Fred Jackson: 7/83 OOTB leaves me scratching my head...lot of yds for Lynch...but the thing is he had 6/17 on the ground with a long run of 7, he is no threat to steal carries, but I really hope he doesn't become a big part of the passing game...may have just been by design today.

Fred Taylor: 14/49, 1 catch for 5, zero TDs, completely useless today.

MJD: Only about 40 yds but he did manage to get in the end zone which helps.

I really don't like Jax the rest of the way.

Oakland at KC

Larry Johnson: 12/22, no receiving...just an awful performance and the Chiefs are just as bad as we though, maybe even worse on offense. Did Huard go down with an injury? I watch some of this game but I didn't understand why Thigpen was in there...LJ is going to be a crapshoot every week, and we might have to start benching him.

Jamaal Charles: His big amount of touches was 4 this week.

DMac: Awesome...160+ and a TD...gotta love it.

Michael Bush: 90 yds and a TD in relief...we have a 3 headed monster potentially at RB here.

Fargas: 9/43, thought I saw him leave with a shake up but I could be wrong.

JeMarcus was 6/17...how many games will the Raiders win if he continues on that path.

Indy at Minn

J.Addai: 17 touches, 33 yds, and a TD...not exactly lighting it up early on in the season. He needs his Center back quickly.

ADP: 160 on the ground, 4/20 OOTB, just needs to cross the goal line...adn the Vikings in general for that matter. TJax is impeding them form actually being able to go anywhere.

What did you guys watch, anyone want to comment or do some pst analysis...please don't vent too much if you have to.

let's start with the early afternoon games...Buffalo at JaxLynch: 59 and a TD, no tears from owners today...not a great avg but Jax is pretty good against the run. Fred Jackson: 7/83 OOTB leaves me scratching my head...lot of yds for Lynch...but the thing is he had 6/17 on the ground with a long run of 7, he is no threat to steal carries, but I really hope he doesn't become a big part of the passing game...may have just been by design today.Fred Taylor: 14/49, 1 catch for 5, zero TDs, completely useless today. MJD: Only about 40 yds but he did manage to get in the end zone which helps. I really don't like Jax the rest of the way.Oakland at KCLarry Johnson: 12/22, no receiving...just an awful performance and the Chiefs are just as bad as we though, maybe even worse on offense. Did Huard go down with an injury? I watch some of this game but I didn't understand why Thigpen was in there...LJ is going to be a crapshoot every week, and we might have to start benching him. Jamaal Charles: His big amount of touches was 4 this week. DMac: Awesome...160+ and a TD...gotta love it.Michael Bush: 90 yds and a TD in relief...we have a 3 headed monster potentially at RB here.Fargas: 9/43, thought I saw him leave with a shake up but I could be wrong. JeMarcus was 6/17...how many games will the Raiders win if he continues on that path. Indy at MinnJ.Addai: 17 touches, 33 yds, and a TD...not exactly lighting it up early on in the season. He needs his Center back quickly. ADP: 160 on the ground, 4/20 OOTB, just needs to cross the goal line...adn the Vikings in general for that matter. TJax is impeding them form actually being able to go anywhere. What did you guys watch, anyone want to comment or do some pst analysis...please don't vent too much if you have to.
Lets see.. I sat Chris Perry in favor of Ronnie Brown who's lit it up so far with 5 rushing yards on 4 attempts. He had 13 reception yards so far, which is saving me from throwing my television out the window. Edge has scraped together 37 yards and lost a TD to Hightower, who until that point was 0/3 punching it in the red zone? And then I had Williams starting as my third RB, and today was apparently Jonathan Stewart's coming out party. At least I have TO and McNabb tomorrow night to try and cover something like a 40 point H2H difference. Suffice to say, I'm drinking heavily right now. Gotta love fantasy football!

Anyone want to speculate on LT and Darren Sproles who is undeniably the guy if LT is out for awhile.
I remember Sproles being fast, but he looked FAST on that 65+ yard reception he took to the house. He definitely has the acceleration to get to the hole quickly and as long as the O-line opens up holes for him, he should have a decent yards per carry amount. Barring the severity of LT's injury, Sproles obviously isn't no LT, but he could prove to be a pretty serviceable fill-in should he need to. As long as he gets most of the carries and can be spelled a bit by Hester. Depending on how long LT is out though, I think Sproles could be a pretty nice RB pickup.

Nice work on week 2. everyone. i have not had time to look at surprises.

But here is a head start on week 3

Code:
xPlayer   name		inj  pos   off	 hom/A	   def3Edgerrin James			RB	ARI	 @WAS		WAS3Michael  Turner		   RB	ATL	 KC		  KC3Willis   McGahee	 inj  RB	BAL	 CLE		 CLE3Marshawn Lynch			RB	BUF	 OAK		 OAK3Matt	 Forte			RB	CHI	 TB		  TB3Chris	Perry			RB	CIN	 @NYG		NYG3Jamal	Lewis			RB	CLE	 @BAL		BAL3Marion   Barber		   RB	DAL	 @GB		 GB3Selvin   Young			RB	DEN	 NO		  NO3Kevin	Smith			RB	DET	 @SF		 SF3Ryan	 Grant	   inj  RB	GB	  DAL		 DAL3Steve	Slaton		   RB	HOU	 @TEN		TEN3Joseph   Addai			RB	IND	 JAX		 JAX3Larry	Johnson		  RB	KC	  @ATL		ATL3Adrian   Peterson		 RB	MIN	 CAR		 CAR3Reggie   Bush			 RB	NO	  @DEN		DEN3Brandon  Jacobs		   RB	NYG	 CIN		 CIN3Thomas   Jones			RB	NYJ	 @SD		 SD3Brian	Westbrook		RB	PHI	 PIT		 PIT3Willie   Parker		   RB	PIT	 @PHI		PHI3LaDainianTomlinson   inj  RB	SD	  NYJ		 NYJ3Frank	Gore			 RB	SF	  DET		 DET3Steven   Jackson		  RB	STL	 @SEA		SEA3Earnest  Graham		   RB	TB	  @CHI		CHI3Clinton  Portis		   RB	WAS	 ARZ		 ARZ3Ricky	Williams		 RB2   MIA	 @NE		 NE3Laurence Maroney		  RB2   NE	  MIA		 MIA3Tim	  Hightower		RB2   ARI	 @WAS		WAS3Jerious  Norwood		  RB2   ATL	 KC		  KC3Ray	  Rice			 RB2   BAL	 CLE		 CLE3Fred	 Jackson		  RB2   BUF	 OAK		 OAK3DeAngelo Williams		 RB2   CAR	 @MIN		MIN3Jonathan Stewart		  RB2   CAR	 @MIN		MIN3Kenny	Watson		   RB2   CIN	 @NYG		NYG3Jason	Wright		   RB2   CLE	 @BAL		BAL3Felix	Jones			RB2   DAL	 @GB		 GB3Andre	Hall			 RB2   DEN	 NO		  NO3Rudi	 Johnson		  RB2   DET	 @SF		 SF3Brandon  Jackson		  RB2   GB	  DAL		 DAL3Chris	Taylor		   RB2   HOU	 @TEN		TEN3Dominic  Rhodes		   RB2   IND	 JAX		 JAX3Maurice  Jones-Drew	   RB2   JAX	 @IND		IND3Fred	 Taylor		   RB2   JAX	 @IND		IND3Ronnie   Brown			RB2   MIA	 @NE		 NE3Chester  Taylor		   RB2   MIN	 CAR		 CAR3Kevin	Faulk			RB2   NE	  MIA		 MIA3Ahmad	Bradshaw		 RB2   NYG	 CIN		 CIN3Leon	 Washington	   RB2   NYJ	 @SD		 SD3Darren   McFadden		 RB2   OAK	 @BUF		BUF3Justin   Fargas		   RB2   OAK	 @BUF		BUF3Correll  Buckhalter	   RB2   PHI	 PIT		 PIT3Rashard  Mendenhall	   RB2   PIT	 @PHI		PHI3Darren   Sproles		  RB2   SD	  NYJ		 NYJ3Maurice  Morris	  inj  RB2   SEA	 STL		 STL3Julius   Jones			RB2   SEA	 STL		 STL3Warrick  Dunn			 RB2   TB	  @CHI		CHI3LenDale  White			RB2   TEN	 HOU		 HOU3Chris	Johnson		  RB2   TEN	 HOU		 HOU3Ladell   Betts			RB2   WAS	 ARZ		 ARZ3Lamont   Jordan		   RB2   NE	  MIA		 MIA3Sammy	Morris		   RB2   NE	  MIA		 MIA3Pierre   Thomas		   RB2   NO	  @DEN		DEN3Derrick  Ward			 RB2   NYG	 CIN		 CIN3Jamaal   Charles		  RB2   KC	  @ATL		ATL3Kevin	Jones			RB3   CHI	 TB		  TB3Ahman	Green (inj)	  RB3   HOU	 @TEN		TEN3Kolby	Smith			RB3   KC	  @ATL		ATL3Deuce	McAllister	   RB3   NO	  @DEN		DEN3DeShaun  Foster		   RB3   SF	  DET		 DET3Antonio  Pittman		  RB3   STL	 @SEA		SEA3J.J.	 Arrington		RB3   ARI	 @WAS		WAS3						  RB3   ATL	 KC		  KC3						  RB3   BAL	 CLE		 CLE3						  RB3   BUF	 OAK		 OAK3						  RB3   CAR	 @MIN		MIN3Adrian   Peterson		 RB3   CHI	 TB		  TB3Jerome   Harrison		 RB3   CLE	 @BAL		BAL3						  RB3   DEN	 NO		  NO3Brian	Calhoun		  RB3   DET	 @SF		 SF3Kregg	Lumpkin		  RB3   GB	  DAL		 DAL3Mike	 Hart			 RB3   IND	 JAX		 JAX3Chauncey Washington	   RB3   JAX	 @IND		IND3						  RB3   MIA	 @NE		 NE3Jesse	Chatman		  RB3   NYJ	 @SD		 SD3Michael  Bush			 RB3   OAK	 @BUF		BUF3Lorenzo  Booker		   RB3   PHI	 PIT		 PIT3Mewelde  Moore			RB3   PIT	 @PHI		PHI3T.J.	 Duckett		  RB3   SEA	 STL		 STL3						  RB3   SF	  DET		 DET3						  RB3   STL	 @SEA		SEA3Michael  Bennett		  RB3   TB	  @CHI		CHI3						  RB3   TEN	 HOU		 HOU3						  RB3   WAS	 ARZ		 ARZ

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you that we are looking at more of a Thrusday Night/Fri morning roll out for week 3. There are a lot of injuries I want to look at along the OL and DL for some different teams, as well the RBs themselves.

Thanks for your understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread