What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rachaad White, TB (1 Viewer)

Lenny hogging 50% of the touches is such a buzz kill. I’ll continue to flex White until the wheels come off (no better options on my bench) and I appreciate the steady 10-12 PPR points but man it’d be nice if he broke a long run or catch from time to time to give you some extra juice. He doesn’t seem to have any long play potential in him though.

Rachaad White rushed seven times for 41 yards in the Bucs' Wild Card Round loss to the Cowboys.​

Taken in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft, White immediately garnered hype as a player who could eat into Leonard Fournette's workload. For the first half of the season, White served almost exclusively as Fournette's backup. However, on a road trip to Germany for a game abroad, White earned his first career start and ran for 105 yards on 22 carries. He would be credited as the team's starter for the remainder of the season, though the backfield was a committee to the bitter end. Surprisingly, the Bucs continued to use Fournette as their primary back on passing downs despite White's strong receiving usage in college. White ultimately amassed 129 carries for 481 yards and a touchdown on the ground with another 50 receptions for 290 yards and a pair of scores through the air. The Bucs could cut Fournette to save some money in the spring, putting White in a position to inherit the entire backfield next year. If that happens, the hype in all formats will reach a fever pitch.
Jan 17, 2023, 1:00 AM ET

meh...I'm an owner and i didn't see anything special there
I didn't either, although the Bucs OL and offense overall was a dumpster fire last year. So might be hard to fully gauge what he can do.
Dumpster fire for sure but he didn't show much burst or vision if you ask me. He looked like a weaker fournette so kind of just there and fall forward

RACHAAD WHITE RB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports Bucs head coach Todd Bowles hired offensive coordinator Dave Canales "hoping he could bring the Seahawks’ efficient run game with him."​

By almost every measure, the Bucs in 2022 had the league's worst rushing attack, as Leonard Fournette -- who will probably be released in the coming weeks -- and Rachaad White were terribly inefficient as runners and pass catchers. Tampa Bay was dead last in expected points added (EPA) per rush, with the third worst rushing success rate. White ranked 61st in yards per carry after contact, below backs like Latavius Murray and Ezekiel Elliott. Pro Football Focus graded the Bucs' run blocking as the eighth worst in 2022. Look for the post-Brady Bucs to be a hyper-conservative offense led by Kyle Trask or a journeyman veteran who will compete with Trask for the starting job. There won't be much fantasy appeal among Bucs players as the team enters a multi-year rebuilding project.
RELATED:
SOURCE: TampaBay.com
Feb 27, 2023, 10:12 AM ET

Fantasy Football: NFL Combine notes include Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Javonte Williams, James Cook updates

Excerpt:

With that in mind, let's catch you up on what happened in Indianapolis this week. And the biggest development is the backfield in Tampa Bay, where the Buccaneers are expected to release Leonard Fournette.

This move was expected after the way last season ended for Fournette, as well as Tampa Bay potentially hitting the reset button with Tom Bradynow retired. According to reports, cutting Fournette will save the Buccaneers about $3.5 million in cap space while adding $5 million dead money to their cap. Fournette also turned 28 in January, and Tampa Bay has Rachaad White ready to take over as the starter.

For Fournette, he will sign with a new team in free agency, and his Fantasy value will be determined then. His days as a featured runner are likely over, but he could still have enough Fantasy value in the right situation. Most likely, he will be a flex option in the majority of leagues, but he's not someone to target on Draft Day.

As for White, his Fantasy value is on the rise, and he's a borderline No. 2 running back in all leagues. We'll see who the Buccaneers bring in to share touches with White, but he should get the chance to be the leader of the backfield. The quarterback will matter in Tampa Bay as well, but White had plenty of positive moments as a rookie in 2022.

He was one of 11 running backs with at least 50 catches (50 for 290 yards and two touchdowns on 58 targets), and he finished the season with 129 carries for 481 yards and one touchdown. He took over as the lead running back in Tampa Bay in Week 10, and he closed the season with at least 12 total touches in six of his final eight games. Over that span, he had five games with at least 10 PPR points and three games with at least 14 PPR points.

But the Buccaneers offense could be brutal in 2023 if the quarterback situation is messy, so keep that in mind. And White will likely be part of a tandem again, whether it's another veteran or a rookie added to the mix. Still, Fournette's release helps White's Fantasy value now, and he's worth drafting as early as Round 6 in most formats.

Yup. Great attitude to have. What's he supposed to say?

And by the time Tampa has a chance to be good again Robinson would be ready for his second contract. It would not be smart for the Bucs to draft him. But, they are the Bucs, so they probably will.

Kind of similar to where the Giants are with Barkley. Bad teams should not spend assets on RBs.

Tampa will draft someone to come in with White, but it won't be early. I hope.

Bucs just signed Chase Edmonds to a 1-year deal. Always possible a bigger FA name is signed, but looking good for Rachaad so far.

Bucs just signed Chase Edmonds to a 1-year deal. Always possible a bigger FA name is signed, but looking good for Rachaad so far.
I don't know. Edmonds specialty is pass catching work. I could see him taking the 3rd down job, and the draft is pretty deep with runners.

I have White in 1 league, and I almost would have preferred a bigger FA addition. This makes me think its gonna be a 3-man backfield.

I don't know. Edmonds specialty is pass catching work. I could see him taking the 3rd down job, and the draft is pretty deep with runners.

I have White in 1 league, and I almost would have preferred a bigger FA addition. This makes me think its gonna be a 3-man backfield.
White is a dynamic pass catcher too. We're also talking about the same Edmonds that flamed out in Miami and Denver in the span of several weeks. There may be stronger competition ahead, but Edmonds doesn't strike me as among them.

White is a dynamic pass catcher too. We're also talking about the same Edmonds that flamed out in Miami and Denver in the span of several weeks. There may be stronger competition ahead, but Edmonds doesn't strike me as among them.

Agreed…Edmonds is turning into a JAG…if you are a White Owner this is hurdle #1 and you have to be happy…hurdle #2 is the draft.

He's the best buy imo this offseason. I seriously doubt they spend a rd 1 draft capital on Bijan. Better bet is they spend it on a safety or WR. Remember they also spent a 3rd rd capital recently on Vaughn who busted. Compare White's rookie season to Mccaffrey's rookie season and they're quite similar in terms of carries/receptions.

https://www.footballguys.com/player/Rachaad+White/WhitRa00 If he can push his snaps to 40 snaps/game, you're looking at probably 200 carries and 100 receptions next year.
Yeah don't see that happening and I am a White owner in a couple. Could see him get 250 total touches/1300 yards though which I would like. I'd be surprised if the Bucs draft a RB high

Edmonds signing is great news for White. I'm sure they will draft a RB but it won't be high. Now in this draft an early day 3 RB could provide strong comp but that's the kind of RB I see them picking if they take one.

Tampa went all in with Brady and I view them as taking this year to rebuild, clean up the cap. Not a team making win now moves despite the division they play. It's not typical of a team that operates that way to spend a high pick or FA money on a RB knowing you are wasting that first season.

Bucs coach Todd Bowles said he wants second-year RB Rachaad White to be a "three-down back."​

"We talked about him becoming a more complete back," said Bowles. "Taking care of the football, and then with the new offense, I look for him to continue to accelerate and get better in all phases to become a three-down back." The Bucs overhauled their coaching staff this offseason, bringing in Seahawks OC Dave Canales to improve their run game, which ranked last in EPA per rush last year. With Leonard Fournette gone, White has a path to massive workloads on a Bucs team that wants to be run heavy. White's 50 catches as a rookie and strong receiving usage in college set him up to play on all three downs in Year 2.
SOURCE: pewterreport.com
Apr 1, 2023, 10:30 AM ET

Translation-
"Hey other GMs, don't worry about trading up in front of us for Bijan. Nooo chance of that happens because we like our RB room of Rachaad White and K'shawn Vaughn."
Mostly joking, but the GM saying he likes the players he has in April is generally just fluffy hype.
I think it's more about telling playoff Lenny and the fans they're moving on.

I liked the guy a lot coming out of college. And I'm here to tell you, I'm a JAG when it comes to evaluating NFL prospects. That being said, I was surprised to learn he only averaged 3.7 YPC.

The pass catching is going to help a lot of people look past that. But Brady is the KING of the RB dump off. I worry that he's going to get the "flashy new toy" price in drafts/dynasty leagues. And he's not going to produce in line with his price.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in that yards per carry for him. The TB running game was completely outdated schematically. It was basically just for show to try to keep defenses somewhat honest.

A change to Canales’ (Seattle) zone scheme and commitment to actually running the ball will help.

That being said I could almost guarantee they’ll draft a back and it certainly could be Bijan if he’s available at the #19 spot. Especially if the EDGE or OTs they like are gone.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in that yards per carry for him. The TB running game was completely outdated schematically. It was basically just for show to try to keep defenses somewhat honest.

A change to Canales’ (Seattle) zone scheme and commitment to actually running the ball will help.

That being said I could almost guarantee they’ll draft a back and it certainly could be Bijan if he’s available at the #19 spot. Especially if the EDGE or OTs they like are gone.
Definitely concerned Rashaad is the one who is going to be landed upon and lose in the “spin the Bijan” game.

Definitely concerned Rashaad is the one who is going to be landed upon and lose in the “spin the Bijan” game.
Has to be difficult for Licht to forget passing on Dalvin Cook for O.J. Howard.

Just have to hope he’s not put out to stud if they draft Bijan or one of the other top rookies.
Any rookie drafted could be a threat to White, because White isn’t really that good.
This is where I'm at too. The White hype just looks like a Charles Sims redux to me: A) 5 year college player
B) transferred to a p5 conference for their final season
C) had ok rushing numbers 5.3ypc in B12 vs 5.5 ypc in p12) with high receiving market share in their year as a starter in p5
B) measured 6'0 214 lbs and ran a 4.48
C) drafted in the 3rd round by Tampa bay

I see the same type of player that checks a lot of boxes but just doesn't look good enough to hold a starting job in the NFL when I watch him.

Just have to hope he’s not put out to stud if they draft Bijan or one of the other top rookies.
Any rookie drafted could be a threat to White, because White isn’t really that good.
This is where I'm at too. The White hype just looks like a Charles Sims redux to me: A) 5 year college player
B) transferred to a p5 conference for their final season
C) had ok rushing numbers 5.3ypc in B12 vs 5.5 ypc in p12) with high receiving market share in their year as a starter in p5
B) measured 6'0 214 lbs and ran a 4.48
C) drafted in the 3rd round by Tampa bay

I see the same type of player that checks a lot of boxes but just doesn't look good enough to hold a starting job in the NFL when I watch him.
Agreed. At this point it’s all about potential volume if they don’t draft another viable RB, but either way he’s probably not going to be a long term starter.

Agreed. At this point it’s all about potential volume if they don’t draft another viable RB, but either way he’s probably not going to be a long term starter
The off-season, thus far, has been great for White. No vet brought in, coach saying nice things.

Everyone agrees that taking a back early is a luxury, well what if the Bucs agree?
What if the Bucs figure White is good enough, if they add another guy to back him up? He was a 3rd round pick, by this front office.

Why couldn't White have a couple John Conner seasons? Should the Bucs really be investing in Zeke? No. Bijan? Maybe, but lot of people are going to pass on him, the Bucs could as well.
The Bucs might decide they want to minimum wage it at RB (like every football fan and analyst wants to), and White could have a couple RB2 seasons.

Well, what is the Trade Value of R White with the "expectation" of a RB joining the backfield in Tampa?
The owner in my league just put him up trade bait and my RB Cabinet is bare ... Phil Gainwell, NEP PStrong, LV ZWhite
Draft Capital being a big part of that equation on value but "some names" are more significant than others...
Projected to displace R White: Bijan, Zach Carbs, Achane, Spears, maybe K Miller & Evans
What say you on trade value where Buy Low is the name of the Game and limit risk due to Rookie Drafted to displace R White?

Well, what is the Trade Value of R White with the "expectation" of a RB joining the backfield in Tampa?
The owner in my league just put him up trade bait and my RB Cabinet is bare ... Phil Gainwell, NEP PStrong, LV ZWhite
Draft Capital being a big part of that equation on value but "some names" are more significant than others...
Projected to displace R White: Bijan, Zach Carbs, Achane, Spears, maybe K Miller & Evans
What say you on trade value where Buy Low is the name of the Game and limit risk due to Rookie Drafted to displace R White?
In a 12 team PPR SF league I was offered White for 2.03 and 2.12. I’m thinking about it.

In a 12 team PPR SF league I was offered White for 2.03 and 2.12. I’m thinking about it.
I am the White owner in my league and this is what I would want for him today. After the draft, if Tampa waits until round 4 or later to take a RB, that price would go up a bit.

Agreed. At this point it’s all about potential volume if they don’t draft another viable RB, but either way he’s probably not going to be a long term starter
The off-season, thus far, has been great for White. No vet brought in, coach saying nice things.

Everyone agrees that taking a back early is a luxury, well what if the Bucs agree?
What if the Bucs figure White is good enough, if they add another guy to back him up? He was a 3rd round pick, by this front office.

Why couldn't White have a couple John Conner seasons? Should the Bucs really be investing in Zeke? No. Bijan? Maybe, but lot of people are going to pass on him, the Bucs could as well.
The Bucs might decide they want to minimum wage it at RB (like every football fan and analyst wants to), and White could have a couple RB2 seasons.

I think the problem is this years specific draft dynamics. Your point is spot on in that taking a back early is a luxury, and one TB likely shouldn't be doing (numbers suggest no one really should but that's another story). The problem is, with the breadth of talent in this years RB class, they could likely take a back in round 3 or 4 who would otherwise have been valued higher in a more shallow draft class. And here's where personal opinion on White will come in, but I believe there are a number of backs who will be available to them in those rounds who would immediately challenge White for his role in the offense.

Even if not overtaking it completely, operating in a close to 50/50 time share with a rookie back (and in that offense), and not at least showing some improvement in his efficiency numbers; well that would still leave White as more of a bye week/injury fill-in desperation start for most leagues. Certainly not worth an early AND a late 2nd round pick IMO, as it sounds like that's where his value currently sits at. Obv. projections incoming, but give me a combination of Tyjae Spears/Kendre Miller/Dalton Kincaid + Roschon Johnson/Izzy Abanikanda/Sam LaPorta over Rachaad White all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread