What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rachaad White, TB (1 Viewer)

Might be one the least discussed winners so far. No RBs added through 5 rounds.
Seems to have cleared the draft (McBride is probably the only potential issue there) and now just have to hope there wasn't any truth to the Zeke rumors.
True, Zeke could throw a bit of cold water, but less concerned about 2023 Zeke.

FWIW Tampa just took a TE in the 6th

Might be one the least discussed winners so far. No RBs added through 5 rounds.
Seems to have cleared the draft (McBride is probably the only potential issue there) and now just have to hope there wasn't any truth to the Zeke rumors.
True, Zeke could throw a bit of cold water, but less concerned about 2023 Zeke.

FWIW Tampa just took a TE in the 6th
Yeah, 2023 Zeke wouldn't run away with the job, but I think he could do enough to keep White in a pretty similar time share as last season.

I guess Hunt is out there too. But yeah, so far, so good for White.

I know Tampa could still bring in a decent free agent (Zeke), but with their cap space, is that a realistic option? I tried trading White pre-darft over fears of them drafting a RB early. Now, I take him off my trade bait and keep him as a flex starter.

If he were available in this years rookie draft, is he top 5? Said another way, what rookie pick would it take to get him?

I have an offer for White in my contract keeper league but just not sure what to think of him. Sure he avoided draft day but there still a handful of vets out there as free agents (or trades). Also, is he a longer term answer (2-3 years) or is he just going to hit during the draft next year and TB is in rebuild mode right now?

I have an offer for White in my contract keeper league but just not sure what to think of him. Sure he avoided draft day but there still a handful of vets out there as free agents (or trades). Also, is he a longer term answer (2-3 years) or is he just going to hit during the draft next year and TB is in rebuild mode right now?
What's the offer?

What's the offer?
It's Swift and Diontae Johnson for Rachaad White and Christian Kirk. Half ppr and probably looking at the 2023 and 2024 seasons as contracts.

What's the offer?
It's Swift and Diontae Johnson for Rachaad White and Christian Kirk. Half ppr.
I'm team Rashaad. He's going to catch 70+ balls this season.

If he were available in this years rookie draft, is he top 5? Said another way, what rookie pick would it take to get him?
I have him in a lot of dynasty spots and after just competing 17 rookie drafts I'd say 1.05 would not get White from me in 1QB. 1.02 would do but 1.03 would not. I like White better than any of the WRs in this class (though I acknowledge at least one WR will likely hit bigger than White but I have no idea who it is and I don't really like any of them).

I don't think White will have an early round threat next year at least. It's likely Tampa is taking a QB very early. I'd say he's in line for as much as he can handle the next two seasons.

What vet are you worried about? White will not get 100% of the load, that is clear. But I am not sure I see a vet who takes the lead role if they are brought in either. (edited to say, Dalvin Cook would but I don't see Tampa paying him). My issue is that the offense might be absolute garbage.

I don't think White will have an early round threat next year at least. It's likely Tampa is taking a QB very early. I'd say he's in line for as much as he can handle the next two seasons.
They don’t need to invest in an early round RB these days as a replacement. A mid round guy could come right in or maybe even a FA. It’s obviously a big year for White to prove himself after a very inefficient year. The coaching staff seems to be behind him, but if he falters, it wouldn’t shock me to see
Tucker make some noise.

What vet are you worried about? White will not get 100% of the load, that is clear. But I am not sure I see a vet who takes the lead role if they are brought in either. (edited to say, Dalvin Cook would but I don't see Tampa paying him). My issue is that the offense might be absolute garbage.
My issue is that White might not be any better than the offense he's on. He's got some receiving chops, but he showed nothing as a runner last year. and being as effective as Leonard Fournette (still unemployed) isn't a point in his favor. Also, a little concerned about the receptions with Brady gone.

As much as I've bashed him in his thread, I'd be super worried about Dalvin Cook, I'd also be worried about Kareem Hunt, and even a Fournette return would move the needle a bit. I think White could play his way into a RBBC even if he gets a shot to be a 3-down RB. I get really worried about guys who look like 3-down RBs simply because the team doesn't have anyone else.

If White's there as an RB3 in round 8 or so, I'll possibly take him, but yeah, very worried about the offense being bad, and him not being anywhere near good enough to rise above it. Early drafts have him going in the same area as D'Andre Swift and Cam Akers, and I'm certainly taking those guys over him, and I think there are good arguments for guys like James Cook and Devon Achane who are in much better offenses.

What's the offer?
It's Swift and Diontae Johnson for Rachaad White and Christian Kirk. Half ppr.
I'm team Rashaad. He's going to catch 70+ balls this season.
I'd easily take the under of 70+ catches. 3 guys did that last year, Ekeler, CMC, and Fournette, and in my opinion Fournette was entirely because of Tom Brady.

Tampa is probably going to attempt FAR fewer passes this season. Brady had 34 more attempts than any QB in the NFL, that's trust that they'd be nuts to give Mayfield/Trask. I could easily see 100 (maybe even 150+) fewer passes for the team. Even if 150 pass attempts came off the top, they'd still be 8th in pass attempts.

As for that trade offer, I think its a tossup. Probably depends on what the bigger need is, RB or WR? I think Swift>White and Kirk>Johnson.

Speaking on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, Buccaneers RB Rachaad White said he expects "a lot of balls" to come his way in the passing game.

White has been hyped as a potential three-down back throughout most of the offseason, with his comments on Monday only further driving that narrative. White said he expects not only to see a lot of targets but also to be on the field in empty sets and treated as a wide receiver at times. White hauled in 50 passes for 290 yards and two touchdowns as a rookie, while the Buccaneers ranked second in the league in total running back targets (146). The running back depth chart is thin behind White, with veterans Chase Edmonds and Ke'Shawn Vaughn rounding out the top three and rookie UDFA Sean Tucker fighting for a roster spot this offseason. White's receiving upside should give him a solid RB2 floor in PPR leagues, while his ceiling is that of a low-end RB1 if he's able to produce at a high level with ample opportunities.
SOURCE: SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio on Twitter
Jun 5, 2023, 3:06 PM ET

What are the latest thoughts on Rachaad? Going around and around about keeping him in my deep league (keep 8).

Seems like he has the backfield to himself for now, but I'm always concerned about playing the "no other competition" game for guys that appear to be middling talents. That could always change quickly. While a Zeke, Hunt , or even a return of Lenny aren't probably going to make White disappear, it could be enough to drain his value considerably. Also another team's camp cut or even the potential emergence of Sean Tucker could be in play.

As for White's performance last year, if you read a lot of the advanced metrics, he was very poor last year in most phases (notably tackle breaking). Part could be the dumpster fire in Tampa last year, but maybe he's just not that good and ripe to be overtaken.

Any thoughts are welcome.

TIA

What are the latest thoughts on Rachaad? Going around and around about keeping him in my deep league (keep 8).

Seems like he has the backfield to himself for now, but I'm always concerned about playing the "no other competition" game for guys that appear to be middling talents. That could always change quickly. While a Zeke, Hunt , or even a return of Lenny aren't probably going to make White disappear, it could be enough to drain his value considerably. Also another team's camp cut or even the potential emergence of Sean Tucker could be in play.

As for White's performance last year, if you read a lot of the advanced metrics, he was very poor last year in most phases (notably tackle breaking). Part could be the dumpster fire in Tampa last year, but maybe he's just not that good and ripe to be overtaken.

Any thoughts are welcome.

TIA
For reference, my league is insane for RB's. I would probably give up my #8 and #9 picks for Rachaad and a mid-late second (2023). But I would likely get a hard reject on that.

When I look at White, my goal/hope/plan is not Jonathan Taylor. I fully expect some other back to come in.

So, assuming there's a share, I want the pass catcher who ALSO runs the ball. Another Kamara. White has the size, and the game in college to be that guy.

Part could be the dumpster fire in Tampa last year, but maybe he's just not that good and ripe to be overtaken
While the season didn’t go how they wanted, I’m not sure the offense was a dumpster fire. Brady did throw for 4,700 yards.
Their rushing attack wasn’t very effective but that may have been more because of a declining Fournette and mediocre White than the offense generally.
White is set up to see heavy volume - it will be on him to continue to earn that volume by producing.

Part could be the dumpster fire in Tampa last year, but maybe he's just not that good and ripe to be overtaken
While the season didn’t go how they wanted, I’m not sure the offense was a dumpster fire. Brady did throw for 4,700 yards.
Their rushing attack wasn’t very effective but that may have been more because of a declining Fournette and mediocre White than the offense generally.
White is set up to see heavy volume - it will be on him to continue to earn that volume by producing.
Fair point - maybe inefficient is a better term than dumpster fire. The run game was terrible, which many attribute to their terrible OL that didn't do Brady any favors either. But hard to know whether White/Fournette were just as much to blame - probably a bit of each.

I agree White is set up for some volume, but as mentioned, I can easily see a big name that gets cut in camp end up next to him.

Last edited:

They also threw the ball a league high 751 times to get those 4700 yards. Only the Cardinals averaged fewer yards per attempt. If you further consider they had the fewest rushing yards in the league and also the lowest yards per carry in the league, I’m not sure how you arrive at any conclusion other than dumpster fire.

The offense sucked every which way possible. Brady saved them with clutch late game drives a couple times but otherwise it was flat terrible.

They’ll be a better running team and better offense overall I think. Even with Baker.
As a Bucs homer, what are your thoughts about someone else coming in to give White significant competition.
I don't think there's a vet out there they could sign with their cap situation, and the only one that would really supplant White would be Cook anyway. I think they want to get a look at Sean Tucker eventually, but he missed all of OTA's and they're "hopeful" he's ready for camp. Keyshawn Vaughn is not a threat.

Unless he proves to be completely incapable White is in line for the bulk of the carries, and he's a great receiver so will get any 3rd down work and most designed RB passing plays. They're also switching to Seattle's wide zone scheme, and committing to running the ball, instead of the Arians' "run it up the gut just to show we'll run it" scheme.

White would strike me as severely undervalued, and you will obviously be able to roster his backup(s) cheaply as well.

They’ll be a better running team and better offense overall I think. Even with Baker.
I think you are in the extreme minority with this opinion.

Going from Brady to Baker and losing 2 quality OL starters, seems like a recipe for potentially having the worst offense in the NFL to me.

That said, I do think White could absolutely be a solid value, especially in the checkdown game. I think he'll be a borderline RB2.

I think you are in the extreme minority with this opinion.

Going from Brady to Baker and losing 2 quality OL starters, seems like a recipe for potentially having the worst offense in the NFL to me.

That said, I do think White could absolutely be a solid value, especially in the checkdown game. I think he'll be a borderline RB2.
I probably am. But, that’s ok. I’ll disagree on losing 2 quality OL starters.

Donovan Smith was awful last year. Truly awful.

Wirfs moves to LT, and I have no doubt he’ll be a rock solid top 3 LT out of the gate. LG should be solid with a vet in Feiler or Leverette. Center will be Jensen if he’s ready. They lost him for the year last year. The RG spot should be adequate with rookie Mauch or Leverette, who actually played well at LG last year. RT is a question mark with Goedeke, but he was a 2nd round pick and moves back to his natural position.

The other factor is the change in offense from drop back and throw it to a more balanced attack. Brady couldn’t move. He felt pressure and threw it in the dirt or balled up into the fetal position.

The 2022 Bucs only averaged 18 points a game. It won’t take much.

losing 2 quality OL starters
I’m sorry but no. Maybe Mason is league average or slightly better but RG is pretty easily replaceable. Smith was one of the worst tackles in the league last year. He hasn’t been good since the Super Bowl year.

Wirfs moves to LT, and I have no doubt he’ll be a rock solid top 3 LT out of the gate. LG should be solid with a vet in Feiler or Leverette. Center will be Jensen if he’s ready. They lost him for the year last year. The RG spot should be adequate with rookie Mauch or Leverette, who actually played well at LG last year. RT is a question mark with Goedeke, but he was a 2nd round pick and moves back to his natural position.

The other factor is the change in offense from drop back and throw it to a more balanced attack. Brady couldn’t move. He felt pressure and threw it in the dirt or balled up into the fetal position.

I'm a newbie but totally agree with your point that the organization recognizes they need to find better balance offensively. At this level the side that wins is the side that's usually in the right play more often. When you're the team that has passed the most & run the ball the least, what do you think the defense is going to be in? Throw in like you say, the slowest, least mobile QB along with a negative game script (-2.48) that ranked 23rd & it's a recipe for disaster. Not only are defenses teeing off up front & dropping numbers but they're just rushing to a spot on the field where they know Brady will be. All eyes are reading elsewhere.

Totally agree, their hiring process appeared extensive & I think Dave Canales was an excellent hire. I've read a lot of the same things, there's going to be a greater commitment to the ground game. More pre-snap motion & misdirection. More of a wide zone concept, which White is familiar with. Off run action, more bootlegs. Canales is quoted as saying Mayfield knows his pre-snap checks to help get them in the right plays. White's height to weight ratio doesn't lend itself to the prototypical low center, wide base running style. His contact balance isn't ever going to be among the best. But from the bit I've seen of him, he knows when & how to finish. Has bought into their offseason conditioning program, has added nearly 10lbs of meat.

There are other good mid round players, but I like White a lot.

I'm a newbie but totally agree with your point that the organization recognizes they need to find better balance offensively. At this level the side that wins is the side that's usually in the right play more often. When you're the team that has passed the most & run the ball the least, what do you think the defense is going to be in? Throw in like you say, the slowest, least mobile QB along with a negative game script (-2.48) that ranked 23rd & it's a recipe for disaster. Not only are defenses teeing off up front & dropping numbers but they're just rushing to a spot on the field where they know Brady will be. All eyes are reading elsewhere.

Totally agree, their hiring process appeared extensive & I think Dave Canales was an excellent hire. I've read a lot of the same things, there's going to be a greater commitment to the ground game. More pre-snap motion & misdirection. More of a wide zone concept, which White is familiar with. Off run action, more bootlegs. Canales is quoted as saying Mayfield knows his pre-snap checks to help get them in the right plays. White's height to weight ratio doesn't lend itself to the prototypical low center, wide base running style. His contact balance isn't ever going to be among the best. But from the bit I've seen of him, he knows when & how to finish. Has bought into their offseason conditioning program, has added nearly 10lbs of meat.

Good insight and welcome to the board. (y)

Now that's some Shark talk right there!

Thank you all for the welcome & compliments, I'm thankful to have found a great place to talk fantasy. I wanted to post the link below, but I seem able to manage it. lol

Mayfield has said that Canales system is very much like Sean McVay's. I know he's likely pegged to be a colossal downgrade, he's certainly paid like one, but he performed well in McVay's system. Up front, if this unit can stay healthy I think they'll do well. RT Luke Goedeke began his collegiate play in a Div. III program as a TE. Transferred to Cent MI & transition to OT. Coming out he was projected to move inside, which did happen. But this guy is a classic mauler, reading his profile at NFL Draft Tracker, impressive in the run game & nearly every weakness related to PP. So, clearly out of his element playing G subjected to a jailbreak every other play. Could be wrong, but no way is he their starting RT assigned to do what they were doing last year.

Below is the search key to a nice finish of a run by White:

"Rachaad White unreal stiffarm"

Thank you all for the welcome & compliments, I'm thankful to have found a great place to talk fantasy. I wanted to post the link below, but I seem able to manage it. lol

Mayfield has said that Canales system is very much like Sean McVay's. I know he's likely pegged to be a colossal downgrade, he's certainly paid like one, but he performed well in McVay's system. Up front, if this unit can stay healthy I think they'll do well. RT Luke Goedeke began his collegiate play in a Div. III program as a TE. Transferred to Cent MI & transition to OT. Coming out he was projected to move inside, which did happen. But this guy is a classic mauler, reading his profile at NFL Draft Tracker, impressive in the run game & nearly every weakness related to PP. So, clearly out of his element playing G subjected to a jailbreak every other play. Could be wrong, but no way is he their starting RT assigned to do what they were doing last year.

Below is the search key to a nice finish of a run by White:

"Rachaad White unreal stiffarm"

He is still way too cheap in redraft and best ball. Questions about his talent or about the team are obviously fair. But he is set to be the workhorse. Do I care how sexy the source of those fantasy points are, if they're coming from the 6th-8th round? I do not.

Users who are viewing this thread