What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rashaad Penny, CAR (2 Viewers)

This is unsurprising news:

Rashaad Penny suffered a hamstring injury in Week 11 against the Cardinals. 

Penny actually got the start against Arizona after Pete Carroll promised a bigger role for the former first-round pick, but he suffered a hamstring injury on the opening play -- an 18-yard run -- and played just seven snaps the rest of the way. It is promising Penny was able to stay on the sideline and attempted to play through the injury, but he is at best questionable for next Monday's matchup against The Football Team. 

Nov 22, 2021, 11:03 AM ET

Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny (hamstring) is out for Week 12 against Washington. 

As is Travis Homer (calf). It leaves the Seahawks with just Alex Collins and DeeJay Dallas heading into Monday evening's game. "The other" Josh Johnson will probably be promoted from the practice squad. Collins will help for some goal-line plunges with Dallas offering pass-catching ability in deeper PPR leagues. Penny is headed into his final doomed month in a Seahawks uniform. 

RELATED: 

Travis Homer

Nov 27, 2021, 4:06 PM ET

Rashaad Penny (hamstring) has resumed practicing in full. 

As has Travis Homer (calf). This shakes up the Seahawks' unproductive, Alex Collins "led" backfield, though neither Penny nor Homer have put much to call home about in the box score or on film. Supposedly a big-play threat when he entered the NFL as the No. 27 overall pick in 2018, Penny would do well to change the pace for this moribund offense, but there has been zero 2021 evidence he is up to the task. We have little idea how things might play out between Collins, Penny, Homer, DeeJay Dallas and perhaps even Adrian Peterson. We know we won't be FLEXing Penny.  

RELATED: 

Travis Homer

Dec 2, 2021, 7:22 PM ET

Soooo tempted to fire him up without AP and a hobbled Collins. Texans give up almost 30 half ppr points a game in their last 6. Even with Seahawks rushing attack of garbage, I'm sure they could come up with 15-20 half ppr points...wouldn't that make Penny a decent flex? Floor is re-injury lol 

Soooo tempted to fire him up without AP and a hobbled Collins. Texans give up almost 30 half ppr points a game in their last 6. Even with Seahawks rushing attack of garbage, I'm sure they could come up with 15-20 half ppr points...wouldn't that make Penny a decent flex? Floor is re-injury lol 
It’s obviously a gamble, but so are so many options at this stage. Carroll may blowing smoke as usual and it will be Collins leading the way, but maybe Pete is going to try something different and actually feature Penny because little else seems to be working.

Buckle up…

He led the RB's in snaps and tied in touches last week. He played well, was particularly a big asset on passing downs with a 27 yard catch and some huge blocks in pass protection that got Carroll geeked up.

Out of that mix of RB's from other confusing situations like Hilliard,/Foreman and Abdullah/ Hubbard my confidence level in Penny is higher.

General Malaise said:
He's going to have a huge game against Houston, the breakout game we've all been looking for in a long long time.....

I honestly cannot tell if you're being serious or not. 😁

I've got nothing to lose. Already in the playoffs. Everyone else is getting hurt. Let's do this. 

Not that Carroll can be trusted with anything he says but...

"Coach Pete Carroll said Friday that he expects Penny to "be a big part" of the Seahawks' offensive game plan Sunday at Houston, Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times reports. Penny will welcome back Alex Collins (abdomen), who was held out Week 13. The development leaves Collins, Penny and DeeJay Dallas to man the backfield for Seattle, with Travis Homer (calf/hamstring) ruled out and Adrian Peterson not a candidate to be elevated from the practice squad due to a back injury. Penny earned his largest workload of the season last Sunday versus the 49ers, turning a 40 percent snap share into 10 carries for 35 yards and one catch (on one target) for 27 yards. Carroll's comment implies Penny may supplant Collins as the Seahawk running back to receive the most touches Sunday, but it remains to be seen if that comes to pass."

Picked him off the wire with Jamaal Williams going on the COVID list... will be kicking around Penny vs Julio in the flex until kickoff I guess.

Realistically, Houston Defense is a disaster. I expect Seattle to be run heavy just by nature of being up plenty by the 2nd quarter. I'm not looking for big numbers but something like 12-70 rush and maybe 4-25 recv would be good. TDs are too hard to predict. If I can get in the 12-14 pt range in PPR, I consider that a win. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Realistically, Houston Defense is a disaster. I expect Seattle to be run heavy just by nature of being up plenty by the 2nd quarter. I'm not looking for big numbers but something like 12-70 rush and maybe 4-25 recv would be good. TDs are too hard to predict. If I can get in the 12-14 pt range in PPR, I consider that a win. 
Downside is he leaves with injury so not sure in a must win game for me this risk reward proposition is worth it 

Deciding between Penny and Sutton for my flex in a must-win. Obviously Sutton has been a total non factor recently, but if I go Penny, he gets hurt and Sutton finally gets back in the mix....I will just lose it.

Downside is he leaves with injury so not sure in a must win game for me this risk reward proposition is worth it 
Gotta think the Seattle coaches are aware of his injury history.  I see this as them giving him a chance to show he's not as brittle as history would suggest.  

Deciding between Penny and Sutton for my flex in a must-win. Obviously Sutton has been a total non factor recently, but if I go Penny, he gets hurt and Sutton finally gets back in the mix....I will just lose it.

I would "guess" that Penny is good for 15-20 touches (maybe more) vs a weak opponent that may be checking out already.

Sutton splitting targets with 2-3 others vs weak opponent, but also with a weak QB situation. Sutton's game has just shown no sign of life in over a month it feels.

I'm roll the dice on Penny in that situation.

I would "guess" that Penny is good for 15-20 touches (maybe more) vs a weak opponent that may be checking out already.

Sutton splitting targets with 2-3 others vs weak opponent, but also with a weak QB situation. Sutton's game has just shown no sign of life in over a month it feels.

I'm roll the dice on Penny in that situation.

This is how I'm leaning,(as you said, Sutton has done shockingly little)  but this Penny situation just seems like a first quarter pulled hamstring waiting to happen.

I pulled him for Julio Jones after yesterday's email from FBG stating that Alex Collins would be the lead back for SEA. Penny and Dallas would "mix in" as well.

That worked out. 🤨

Started him over chase Edmonds. Feel like a genius… Also started jamar Jefferson though lol.

Highest points scored in a matchup all year.

I pulled him for Julio Jones after yesterday's email from FBG stating that Alex Collins would be the lead back for SEA. Penny and Dallas would "mix in" as well.

That worked out. 🤨

I benched him when I saw the same thing.  Neat. 

Users who are viewing this thread