What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rashaad Penny, CAR (1 Viewer)

ties his career high (3x) for most 100 yard games in a season -1

’grats to everyone who rolled him out!

had dinner with a two other couples tonight & our host started Wilson over Penny - switched them out after seeing the blurb about Collins

his season is over

Obviously but the volume may still be there. Plus, it depends who's still standing on your team. Henderson might sti be out for me next week. 
Can't argue with touches.

I'm going to have a tough call with him myself (Jacobs, Javonte, Foreman & Penny).

Obviously but the volume may still be there. Plus, it depends who's still standing on your team. Henderson might sti be out for me next week. 
This was like his highest volume lol. Hes a tad above foreman for me. A two down grinder that can make big plays..but it was like 2 rushes for 70 yards 2 tds today lol

Really thought he would be a good start this week, but I've been wrong so many times before. He'll probably pull a hamstring on his first touch next week when I put him in.

Really thought he would be a good start this week, but I've been wrong so many times before. He'll probably pull a hamstring on his first touch next week when I put him in.

No way I am starting him next week for this very reason.

I'm an idiot for missing him with fresh legs in a great match-up... he won't touch this performance again. Had him in, but pulled him on some bad advice. Fool me once.

This was like his highest volume lol. Hes a tad above foreman for me. A two down grinder that can make big plays..but it was like 2 rushes for 70 yards 2 tds today lol
Taking away the longest runs is unsound logic. It has been discussed to death around here.

Breaking 30+ yard runs even against a team that has quit on the season is never easy.

Collins managed 16 yards on 7 carries against Houston.

On 101 carries this season Collins long is 25 yards. Remember the Jacksonville game? That was in Seattle and I have never seen a team quit so quickly and thoroughly and Collins managed a long run of 12 against them.

No, Penny brings something different to the table in Seattle. It's a shame he hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantasy football in a nutshell…

played him in two leagues as a last minute start ..

1.  Re-draft going for playoffs, thought he’d won me my game, but now will go out if Kyler scores 19 points 

2. Season dead in a dynasty league , I’ve tanked  last month or so putting up weak lineups. Last game of regular season last ( me ) plays second last for first overall pick. Shoved him in my lineup ended up winning my game by less than a point 😂

25 odd points and net overall result is most likely that’s his performance   has screwed me ! 

@LAR this week so may not be the best spot for Penny, but vs CHI in week 16 not bad and certainly week 17 at home against a Lions D that just got run over by both J. Williams/M. Gordon is absolutely mouth watering.

@LAR this week so may not be the best spot for Penny, but vs CHI in week 16 not bad and certainly week 17 at home against a Lions D that just got run over by both J. Williams/M. Gordon is absolutely mouth watering.
If he's not on IR by then

:wagsfinger: 

Them’s potential fighting words around here.
We’d all agreed beforehand, you pay your money for the season, your choice if you tank as long you submit full lineups every week. Out of a squad of 26 I’ve had around 10-15 plus people on IR/out on any given week all season so it’s just been completely cursed eg Dobbins/Etienne/Akers all IR’d in space of a couple of days before season got going !. Even the couple of players I’ve decided to ‘rest’ have been sporadic as it’s been a handful of  people like Deebo/Kamara/Allen Robinson/Thielen who have all been unavailable for parts of the last month.

anyways ..  

We’d all agreed beforehand, you pay your money for the season, your choice if you tank as long you submit full lineups every week. Out of a squad of 26 I’ve had around 10-15 plus people on IR/out on any given week all season so it’s just been completely cursed eg Dobbins/Etienne/Akers all IR’d in space of a couple of days before season got going !. Even the couple of players I’ve decided to ‘rest’ have been sporadic as it’s been a handful of  people like Deebo/Kamara/Allen Robinson/Thielen who have all been unavailable for parts of the last month.

anyways ..  
We wouldn’t allow that - you’d have to drop a player(s) to field a full lineup. But every league is different and does what works for them. 

But I digress - back to Elijah’s brother.

This dude kills me...Just couldn't drop Jeudy for him and he goes OFF. Burned my waiver and got Stephenson Sunday morning and now I'm wishing I snagged Penny instead.......oh fake football...

Congrats to all those that drafted and held him just for this occasion!

Is what I'd say if damn near everyone that drafted him hadn't dropped him for being useless ~90% of 4 FF seasons.

We wouldn’t allow that - you’d have to drop a player(s) to field a full lineup. But every league is different and does what works for them. 

But I digress - back to Elijah’s brother.
Slight misunderstanding, I AM fielding full lineups every week. Have to field a full starting lineup 

This dude kills me...Just couldn't drop Jeudy for him and he goes OFF. Burned my waiver and got Stephenson Sunday morning and now I'm wishing I snagged Penny instead.......oh fake football...

If Harris winds up being out for any length of time, you're going to be glad you went the way you did.

Penny ran all over a craptastic Texans team, and doesn't have an easy schedule coming up. Just my humble opinion anyway.

Terrific game. Gu y is obviously a legit talent, I don’t think that’s ever been in question. He’s had one of these type game - this being his best ever - once a year, except that one year he barely saw the field. Staying healthy and sustaining productive have eluded him for four years.

If this is the start of an end of the year run, potentially a league winner. But rn it’s one good game.

tricky92 said:
If Harris winds up being out for any length of time, you're going to be glad you went the way you did.

Penny ran all over a craptastic Texans team, and doesn't have an easy schedule coming up. Just my humble opinion anyway.
Maybe, I still could have gotten Penny for Jeudy...I dropped Ingram for Stephenson with Kamara back. But anywho...

Penny put up some sick stacks against a poor D. But Seattle is coming on too, and Russ seems to be slinging the ball again. That will open up the O.

Maybe, I still could have gotten Penny for Jeudy...I dropped Ingram for Stephenson with Kamara back. But anywho...

Penny put up some sick stacks against a poor D. But Seattle is coming on too, and Russ seems to be slinging the ball again. That will open up the O.

Yeah, I get that. I seem to make that mistake all of the time. I see two players I would like to pick up, and instead of finding room for both, I wind up picking one and regret not just going with both in the first place. The first time I really remember that kind of situation was back in 2004 when I was eye balling both Mewelde Moore and Reuben Droughns. And, instead of grabbing both I went with Moore and regretted it the rest of the season.

ties his career high (3x) for most 100 yard games in a season -1

’grats to everyone who rolled him out!

had dinner with a two other couples tonight & our host started Wilson over Penny - switched them out after seeing the blurb about Collins

his season is over

Too bad they're done for the year, because this week Penny will appear atop the Stock-up/Stock-down list and come highly recommended as a waiver wire addition.

Sorry... still bitter... seemed like the final straw from a season filled with bad info.

Too bad they're done for the year, because this week Penny will appear atop the Stock-up/Stock-down list and come highly recommended as a waiver wire addition.

Sorry... still bitter... seemed like the final straw from a season filled with bad info.
Did you know they just added a “fantasy points per game column for the stats here.”?

My subscription was super helpful for off-season preparation. Had my best draft in 6-8 years. But can’t say I felt the in-season was stellar.

My biggest complaint is just the entire site layout. Badly in need of a U/X engineer. It literally looks like an at home project with pieces duct taped and stapled together. Think along the lines of “good enough, that’ll git ‘er done” bc it’s something only you will use.

I feel like I’m playing a live action game trying to remember which page and then which sequence of drop downs to find what I’m looking for. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve scrolled up and down, up and down, looking for a specific feature/column or whatever.

It’s a bit abssurd.

Did you know they just added a “fantasy points per game column for the stats here.”?

My subscription was super helpful for off-season preparation. Had my best draft in 6-8 years. But can’t say I felt the in-season was stellar.

My biggest complaint is just the entire site layout. Badly in need of a U/X engineer. It literally looks like an at home project with pieces duct taped and stapled together. Think along the lines of “good enough, that’ll git ‘er done” bc it’s something only you will use.

I feel like I’m playing a live action gsne trying to remember which page and then which sequence of drop downs to find what I’m looking for. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve scrolled up and down, up and down, looking for a specific feature/column or whatever.

It’s a bit abssurd.
Drop-downs covering 90% of the screen each time I accidentally dare to scroll above the blue line.  :wall:

Ride the Penny train knowing full well it's only a matter of time before it comes off the tracks. Hope he can give his FF owners more than a week of production.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said Rashaad Penny "deserves a shot" to establish himself as the team's lead back in the regular season's final four weeks. 

“We’ll still rotate to keep you guys fresh, but yeah, we’re gonna give him a shot again to come right on back and see if we can keep going," Carroll added when asked about how he would handle Seattle's backfield going forward. Penny shredded the Texans in Week 14 to the tune of 137 yards and two touchdowns, relegating Alex Collins to seven rushes for 16 yards. Penny also led the Seahawks backfield with 13 pass routes against Houston. Against the Rams in Week 15, he'll have to be more involved as a pass catcher if he's going to post RB2 numbers in a game that will likely see Seattle forced into a pass-heavy game script. Penny, an unrestricted free agent this offseason, has a chance to impress a RB-needy team in the season's final month. 

RELATED: 

Alex Collins

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com 

Dec 14, 2021, 9:51 AM ET

MoP gut punch for those dumb enough to grab this guy off waivers and insert him THIS WEEK because almost none of you played him LAST WEEK so this is a classic "Chase Last Week's Points"

-In fact I will be in a position to grab Penny in redrafts and pass so he lands on another roster, hopefully inserted into the starting line up, I'll take my chances. This guy has started and stopped so many times, it feels like he's been in the league for years and years with no track record that would make you believe he can sustain success against anyone other than the Houston Texans need I remind you...

I literally dropped this guy last week because I was sick of dealing with the Seattle RBs after losing Carson and suffering through Collins. I’ll keep telling myself he’ll get injured like every other RB I’ve had this season. 

I literally dropped this guy last week because I was sick of dealing with the Seattle RBs after losing Carson and suffering through Collins. I’ll keep telling myself he’ll get injured like every other RB I’ve had this season. 
Seattle's backfield was an absolute disaster before this past week. So you weren't wrong in your reasoning. 

I'm sitting him this week but I may change my mind as the week goes on. I have Zeke, Pollard, Henderson and Sanders. So it's not like I have juggernauts to start over him. Have to see how the others are holding up injury wise. Penny might actually be the healthiest of this group. 

I will start him, 'he is a league winner' on one side of the coin and the other side is 'that it was the Texans'. I think sitting him will feel worse.

He is a first rounder, on a team that has not quit on him, w/ fresh legs, yadda yadda I'm a sucker for this type of story on my teams. 

I totally am fine losing, with him in my lineup. He is a RB2 going forward. 

MoP gut punch for those dumb enough to grab this guy off waivers and insert him THIS WEEK because almost none of you played him LAST WEEK so this is a classic "Chase Last Week's Points"

-In fact I will be in a position to grab Penny in redrafts and pass so he lands on another roster, hopefully inserted into the starting line up, I'll take my chances. This guy has started and stopped so many times, it feels like he's been in the league for years and years with no track record that would make you believe he can sustain success against anyone other than the Houston Texans need I remind you...
I agree but think he is at least worth a stash because he gets the Bears and the Lions the following 2 weeks. I wouldn't drop anyone of significance for him but I would rather have him on my bench then someone like any Bills RB or a WR like Toney.

Just after I posted this I just read about the Covid situation in LA. It might be worth monitoring because if they lose more players like Donald and don't get some of the players that are out back then their D might not be as formidable. I still wouldn't play him over who I have but some people who are desperate for a RB2/flex because of injury could do worse. (I think Penny just got injured while I was typing this :) )

I got him a few places but all I think about is where I dropped him on Sunday for sterling Shepard and opted to keep dontrell hilliard...if that transaction costs me this week or rest of playoffs I'm not sure how to get over that one 

I'm guessing he can do donta foreman 12-14 carries 1-2 catches and 0.5 tds a game with big play upside. Not a bad rb2

TLEF316 said:
I wont be able to trust him, but I'm probably the underdog in my playoff matchup....so I'll likely start him for the upside.

When you play in deep dynasty leagues, half your team is injured, you have to start and hope sometimes. Even if you know the outcome is probably ####.

I have Jacobs in over Penny. I thought about switching but JJ has been my RB2 most of the season. Dancing with who brung me, for now. Hard to trust Penny.
I get that and I am only tentatively rolling with Penny.  Jacobs is catching a good volume but he isn't doing much as a rusher, isn't hitting the endzone at nearly the rate of the past two seasons and man that Raiders team sure looked like it quit about 10 seconds after Jacobs fumbled in the first against KC.

On the plus side Cleveland is riddled with the Vid (as are the Rams), and both teams have been so bipolar that I can absolutely see the Raiders go into Cleveland and pull off the win.

Have Penny in 2 leagues.  

One he will be behind Mitchell (if cleared) and Aaron Jones for sure.  Then a mix of he, Barkley, Higgins, Javonte in line for flex (Javonte for now).

In the other...it all depends on other injury news.  Najee ahead of him at RB.  Patterson either at RB or WR...then flex/RB2 options of Van Jefferson, Miles Sanders, Swift, and the TE I don't start at TE (Pitts/Knox).

Users who are viewing this thread