What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rashaad Penny, PHI (2 Viewers)

Wow. Good job predicting this by all the peeps who did. Penny's going to need an injury to get a shot it seems. Ugly situation for him and anyone rostering him.

Scott inactive this week. If there was ever a chance for him to prove he has value to the team, this is it.

Penny would be 3rd guy in so probably won't see the field without an injury.
On the waiver wire in one of my dynasty leagues.
It's about 50/50 in my leagues and I'm surprised that many people are holding onto him. It made some sense to me before the trade deadline, was some rumors a team like Tampa might be interested in reuniting him with Canales.

But in a 20-22 roster sized dynasty league I'm not really into holding an older RB who is not even the next man up if the top guy went down.

Sounds to me like he’d still be behind Gainwell if Swift got hurt:

I like Penny but I think he’s in the same predicament Trey Sermon was in last season.
I little better situation than Sermon. Sermon was a "why not" waiver add mid season. Penny they recruited and signed before Swift became available later in the off-season. So they wanted Penny here.

I'm not saying he has any fantasy value right now but if he gets some carries he can at least show the coaches he deserves to play. That's a start.

Just something to chew on... Swift is averaging 3.65 yards per carry over the past 5 games.
He faced some good dlines, NYJ and WAS and an improved MIA vs the run. I don't watch all of his carries, but PFF has him at a modest 68.1 Is he slowing down, leaving yards on the field?

Just something to chew on... Swift is averaging 3.65 yards per carry over the past 5 games.
He faced some good dlines, NYJ and WAS and an improved MIA vs the run. I don't watch all of his carries, but PFF has him at a modest 68.1 Is he slowing down, leaving yards on the field?

As an Eagles fan, I don't think he's looked nearly as good as games 2 and 3. He has looked a bit indecisive, and maybe a little too much in love with his dead leg behind the line scrimmage. A healthy Penny is actually probably a better scheme fit. But, Penny did not look healthy at all in game 2 against the Vikings. He looked very sluggish. Tomorrow could shed a lot of light on these things.

Users who are viewing this thread