What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ty Chandler, MIN (1 Viewer)

Does Cam Akers reemerge and impact the scenario?
I think we’ve probably seen the last of Akers. 2 achilles injuries, team that drafted him has given up on him and he’s had multiple issues with his coach. He’s one big red flag.
Yeah, he was a freebie end of season pick up and IR stash for me in one FFPC league who is at the very edge of my entire bench. Something literally magical would need to happen between now and cut down to even make him close to keepable at this point.

(Note to the other FGBs in that FFPC league, Akers is avaiable for cheap ;) )
2028 8th rounder coming to you shortly

I'm not a believer. There's a very very limited list of 5th/6th/7th/UDFA that have any prolonged success (Yes, Arien Foster, Willie Parker)

I traded D.Pierce last off season for a 2023 picks that turned into R.Rice and D.Achane.

I would move Chandler if I had any shares

Put TC on the block asking for picks 24 hours ago.

Not even a nibble.

I expect it will have to be after the draft. For all the “sell Mortimer, SELL!” talk, ain’t nobody a buyer until they see the Vikes not draft someone in the 1st 4 rounds.

Then it might generate a little interest.

For all the “sell Mortimer, SELL!” talk

Sometimes the consensus dynasty advice is just not actionable. I've been down that road many times with dynasty advice from the experts. Sometimes that advice is really for beginners just starting out in a new format.

Not many experienced dynasty players are buying Chandler right now, I'd imagine. I mean, all it takes is one guy to buy him, but when you see five or more publications that are telling people to sell him, the cat's out of the bag. In addition to that, most people paying attention right now are astute dynasty players who are less likely to make that mistake, so your odds of moving him now get even worse.

Sometimes the consensus dynasty advice is just not actionable. I've been down that road many times with dynasty advice from the experts. Sometimes that advice is really for beginners just starting out in a new format.

Not many experienced dynasty players are buying Chandler right now, I'd imagine. I mean, all it takes is one guy to buy him, but when you see five or more publications that are telling people to sell him, the cat's out of the bag. In addition to that, most people paying attention right now are astute dynasty players who are less likely to make that mistake, so your odds of moving him now get even worse.
All I see so far are members here posting that. lol

All I see so far are members here posting that. lol

The members here are industry consensus, HSG. If you heard it about dynasty, you probably heard it here first.

But that's a great point. I simply assumed that the dynasty publications would be all over Mattison's release and would naturally tell you not to be a sucker for Chandler. Heh. That's funny.

I'm not a believer. There's a very very limited list of 5th/6th/7th/UDFA that have any prolonged success (Yes, Arien Foster, Willie Parker)
I don’t think past results of comparably drafted RBs should necessarily be a barometer, especially since RBs are being drafted later and later in recent years. It’s just the nature of the position that most RBs don’t stick long as starters. All that said, draft capital does tend to matter for those fortunate to be drafted in, say, the first two rounds, as they will likely given a longer leash, just like most positions.

Surprising there is more sell talk than optimism in this thread. Why do y'all own Chandler to begin with? I acquired cheaply pre-2023 after a long pursuit because he'd been spectacular in preseason touches, KOC raves him, and this is exactly how I saw the Mattison experiment playing out. He's where I hoped he'd get, with a chip and a chair.

I don't expect anyone to be offering Mattison/2023 value in trade though. Mattison had been extended and paid starter $. Chandler has no team commitment and is still an unknown to most. I'm fine with that since I want to own him anyway.

Last edited:
Surprising there is more sell talk than optimism in this thread. Why do y'all own Chandler to begin with? I acquired cheaply pre-2023 after a long pursuit because he'd been spectacular in preseason touches, KOC raves him, and this is exactly how I saw the Mattison experiment playing out. He's where I hoped he'd get, with a chip and a chair.

I don't expect anyone to be offering Mattison/2023 value in trade though. Mattison had been extended and paid starter $. Chandler has no team commitment and is still an unknown to most. I'm fine with that since I want to own him anyway.
Do you think if most know about him, his price will increase a lot? Or will the competition for him increase?

Do you think if most know about him, his price will increase a lot? Or will the competition for him increase?
The competition for Chandler will increase in free agency and possibly the draft. The Vikings will add 2 RBs.

Who those RB are will determine how Chandlers price will change.

If the Vikings add RB who suck then his price goes up, but if they add quality RB who might split time or take the job then price goes down.

I doubt the Vikings add a RB of high quality, but there are some good free agents out there.

What if the Vikings somehow got JK Dobbins or something?

What if the Vikings somehow got JK Dobbins
Then it’s only a matter of time before Chandler has a starting job. :hifive:
Sure. That's why I considered this intriguing.

Anyone they sign will lead to speculation and comparison.

Dobbins would just add extra unknowns.

I think he is clearly better than Chandler if healthy, but will he be and for how long?

The Vikings likely sign some nothing burgers though. We will see.

Fools gold.

I'll say what I said before. The Vikings run game has been an issue for the past two years. Mattison stunk getting out of the gate but instead of turning to Chandler they brought in Akers and played him over Chandler.

They were finally forced to rely on Chandler and he did ok, one real big game, one game over 15 carries, about 4.5 ypc on fresh legs late in the year which is all pretty meh to me. I just don't see anything here that would suggest that they think the answer to their running game has been right in front of them the whole time. This is just a guy they were forced to rely on, and they probably feel better about him being their RB2 or secondary part of a RBBC then they did before, that's what he earned.

Based on some trades I'm seeing in the other thread, if Ty Chandler were in this years rookie draft, he'd be valued around RB1-2.

I wasn't a huge believer. He's not bad. But he only had 5th round draft capital. They didn't want to play him over Mattison. Mattison just stunk.

They're bringing in Jones. I suspect they'll bring in more competition next year. He's fast, and Jones has been dinged up a good bit of late. He could have a few decent games here and there. But I don't think he'll be a long term starter.

I would say he's got youth on his side, but he'll be 26 in a few months. Which feels surprising

Users who are viewing this thread