What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR Cordarrelle Patterson, PIT (1 Viewer)

I may have to start him this week over Vincent Jacskon

VJax is questionable my daughter has a soccer match at 1 which means I probably won't catch the Sunday morning updates (I don't like soccer)

Benching him in several (but not all) leagues I own him. I wanna play him, but we've heard all this crap from the coaches before. Would like to see any WR in my starting lineup get at least 5 or 6 touches a game before they are in my lineup again. That's not asking too much is it??

Started him weeks 1-3...sat him the last two weeks and that's where he will stay until he becomes part of the offensive plan every week..... Would rather be slow to react by a week or two then keep seeing 3 rec for 40 yard box scores....

Another week, another screen pass and reverse that goes Jarius wright's way. Baffling.

Last edited by a moderator:
At some point in this thread, I am sure I was singing his praises. That day has now passed. I was able to include him in a trade this week and I must say, it is a beautiful thing to not have to consider starting him. He obviously is a shifty type who does not know how to run precise routes. Total garbage.

At some point in this thread, I am sure I was singing his praises. That day has now passed. I was able to include him in a trade this week and I must say, it is a beautiful thing to not have to consider starting him. He obviously is a shifty type who does not know how to run precise routes. Total garbage.
What were you able to get for him? I am ready to relieve myself of this guy.

I saw with my own two eyes the domination that CP is capable of for 6 straight weeks. Not just looking at the stats, but watching him play. One of the best in the league with the ball in his hands. What the hell happened to this guy? Coaching? OL? Game plan? QB? No need for the "he can't run routes, can't catch, is dumb, etc" comments. I'm not looking for him to be a stud wr, just a stud fantasy points scorer. Is the problem fixable?

I saw with my own two eyes the domination that CP is capable of for 6 straight weeks. Not just looking at the stats, but watching him play. One of the best in the league with the ball in his hands.
Domination? He touched the ball 19 total times on offense.

Is the Minn offense really this inept all of a sudden? Not just CP but the entire unit looks terrible based on the stats today.

I'll be the contrarian this week. I think he has a big game this week
Everyone and their mother is trading him/benching him this week. Same happened for some idiots with Demaryius, look what happened last week. Don't ditch your playmakers
Theyll find ways to get Cordarelle the ball in space this week, bank on it
Seriously, you need to turn in your membership card, delete your username, and never come back.

Touches increased 50% this week (from 2 to 3).

Yardage more than double (8 to 17).

The coaches said he would be more involved, and he was.
Within two weeks he'll be startable at that rate.
5 more weeks and he'll be challenging Flipper Anderson's record. :excited:

ETA: OK, maybe not.

So Antonio Brown has 23 straight weeks of at least 5-50. Those of us holding Cordarelle are hoping - in vain - for just one of those weeks. I drafted him as my WR2 but he's been my WR5/6 all year. Still holding,without any justification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I a can't believe how bad things have become for this guy. He was a big reason I won my league last year. Was a boost to my lineup the last couple of weeks in my playoffs. Now he might be someone I strongly consider cutting for some help on my bench.

I'll never invest heavily in a non conventional player again. Lesson learned. He could still improve over the next couple years as a WR but, at this point at least, it seems him ever becoming more than a high end WR3 is unlikely.

King of the Jungle said:
Joe Perovich ‏@JoePerovich 18m18 minutes ago

"He's the second most targeted guy on the team ... If he wants the ball, tell him to get open." -Zimmer about Cordarrelle Patterson #Vikings
That pretty much tells us the story folks. The fact that a coach would be frustrated enough to say something like that is very interesting.
2nd week in a row Zimmer has made a comment about him needing to get open. 8 targets today.

Touches increased 50% this week (from 2 to 3).

Yardage more than double (8 to 17).

The coaches said he would be more involved, and he was.
:goodposting: Loaded up on him reluctantly on Draft kings because he was at such a low price, now I know why. Guy couldn't run across a street, much less run a NFL route. :wall:

Rotoworld:

Cordarrelle Patterson (hip) said he was not 100 percent during Sunday's Week 6 loss to the Lions.

Patterson was listed as probable, but wasn't healthy enough to play a full complement of snaps. He said he should be next week. However, Patterson's effectiveness remains a major concern as he now has just 17 catches for 204 yards and no touchdowns through six games. "He's the second most targeted guy on the team ... If he wants the ball, tell him to get open," said coach Mike Zimmer.

Source: ESPN.com
Oct 12 - 9:19 PM

I'd trade him for a less painful homosexual experience at this point!
Less painful than your current experience?

I would love to not own Patterson right now because I would be buying. He is a raw football player with elite attributes. He can be had for nothing....perfect dynasty buy. I am not saying I think he will put it all together however this a cheap swing for the fences type of move.....which are rare to find.

I'd trade him for a less painful homosexual experience at this point!
Less painful than your current experience?

I would love to not own Patterson right now because I would be buying. He is a raw football player with elite attributes. He can be had for nothing....perfect dynasty buy. I am not saying I think he will put it all together however this a cheap swing for the fences type of move.....which are rare to find.
Okay just playing devil's advocate here because I am an owner. What will turn this around for him? Assuming he's not actually playing through an injury.

Users who are viewing this thread