What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR Cordarrelle Patterson, PIT (2 Viewers)

I've been all in on CP since day one, he didn't disappoint last year when he was on the field, and this season he has top 10 potential if given the touches (more experienced, better qb situation, new pass happy OC, etc). Whether you have him on your team or not who cares, we are about to witness something special. Enjoy the ride fellas!

Anyone worried about the STL matchup?

While the STL secondary isn't that great, I could see Cassel flat on his back quite a bit.

While the STL secondary isn't that great, I could see Cassel flat on his back quite a bit.
Maybe, but as Patterson showed against the Ravens last year, he can take a short pass the distance. I could see the Vikings throwing a few of those WR screens to Patterson to counteract the Rams pass rush and then all he needs to do is then make one man miss and it could be off to the races.

Maybe, but as Patterson showed against the Ravens last year, he can take a short pass the distance. I could see the Vikings throwing a few of those WR screens to Patterson to counteract the Rams pass rush and then all he needs to do is then make one man miss and it could be off to the races.
Exactly. Plus they are going to hand him the ball 3-4 times. He has the ability to break one of those too.

Why does rotoworld hate Patterson so much? After the game, "there's WR2 upside."
I get what you're saying, but he's not going to keep putting up 100 yard rushing games and he only had a few catches.
True, let's not lose sight of the fact that Jennings was much more productive in the passing game today - probably since so much attention was paid to CP. Can't always count on a rushing and/or kickoff return, so for him to really elevate his fantasy status, he's got to do more in the passing game.

Why does rotoworld hate Patterson so much? After the game, "there's WR2 upside."
I get what you're saying, but he's not going to keep putting up 100 yard rushing games and he only had a few catches.
He got 7 touches. I'll take that every week. He is capable of scoring on just about any play. I'm sure the distribution will skew more towards receptions as the weeks go by, 64 carries would be unprecedented, but as long as he touches the ball I don't care.

I'm guessing he catches it more than 3 times a game moving forward.

I'm certainly a bit worried about his touches/targets, but the seem committed to getting him the ball and I believe in his talent.

Julio/Cruz w/ Patterson in my flex...feeling pretty good about that right this moment.

Man it was fun to have Moss on the Vikings due to the edge-of-your-seat excitement factor. AD same thing. Harvin same thing. Harrison Smith on the defensive side. Now Patterson. Next up Barr and Touchdown Teddy. Love these big play guys on the Vikings.

Absolutely love this new breed of straight-up football players who keep the NFL evolving. Incredible athlete. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Once he gets moving there is no stopping him. Too fast, great vision, too big for a db to bring him down. Going back to last 4 weeks of last season he has had at least one of these ridiculous long TD runs/catches per game. He won't break any reception records but get the ball in his hands 10 times a game and he will do this all season. Entertaining as hell.

His floor this year is Hilton, DeSean, etc. Guys that don't have Roddy-like consistency, but can win your week with one play.

His floor.

He looks so good out there. There will be down games (like all WRs), but he should be ranked in the top 10 of WRs moving forward.

He looks so good out there. There will be down games (like all WRs), but he should be ranked in the top 10 of WRs moving forward.
That's too high for me, I think. I play PPR, and I would say:

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Man, he's close after that, tho.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Harvin? Patterson is what people want Harvin to be.
You think it's obvious that Patterson should be ranked higher than Harvin moving forward? Not me, and I love Patterson.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Harvin has Wilson and Patterson has Cassel.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

How does having a QB who is likely to throw 100 less passes help Harvin?

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Maybe because he's much, much better?

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

You think it's obvious that Patterson should be ranked higher than Harvin moving forward? Not me, and I love Patterson.
I do love Harvin too. I'd put Patterson 10 ahead of Jeffery on your list, but we're spliiting hairs. He's a top fantasy option right now.

I'm guessing he catches it more than 3 times a game moving forward.

I'm certainly a bit worried about his touches/targets, but the seem committed to getting him the ball and I believe in his talent.

Julio/Cruz w/ Patterson in my flex...feeling pretty good about that right this moment.
His ceiling is his QB. I think people are overreacting after week 1.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

He's not that much better.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Russell Wilson isn't that much better than Matt Cassel? Really?

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

que?

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Not to make up for 100 or so passes. This is fantasy. I don't get points for him being more efficient.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Wilson won the SB last year is still getting better as a passer. Cassel is one bad game from getting replaced by a rookie. Yes, he is.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

Wilson won the SB last year is still getting better as a passer. Cassel is one bad game from getting replaced by a rookie. Yes, he is.
Which has nothing to do with my point.

Dez

Calvin

Demaryius

Green

Julio

Jordy

Antonio

Harvin

Marshall

Jeffrey

I am going to go ahead and disagree with this. Not an overly controversial disagreement but the reality of Matt Cassell is that he is as good as those around him. When they are bad, he is bad, when they are good he can be good too.

Russell Wilson looks to be one of those guys who makes those around him better. JMO.

The arguments against Cassel are irrelevant. All of CP's production in his career have come with Cassel at qb. His slow start last year was because he had limited touches and Ponder at qb. CP doesn't need a great qb, just one that can hand off or hit a 10 yd pass.

The #1 WR consistency will come if he can be a red zone threat as a WR.

Most of the other top WRs are very dangerous in the red zone. He needs to be able to score cheap, short TD passes.

Users who are viewing this thread