What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zamir White, LV (1 Viewer)

Runs hard and fast, with zero vision or lateral ability. Ok pass pro with nearly zero receiving threat. He's a Jaggy Jaggalicious with some height/weight/speed hype from the draft process that is still lingering mainly because he hasn't had the chance to suck for more than just some mop up duty behind a true stud RB. Expect frustration if/when this dude ever gets extended playing time.
Remind me not to listen to your scouting advice in the future please. Vision is one of Zamir’s strengths, and he is quite capable as a receiver. He has low miles due to two very unfortunate ACL injuries, and is as strong between the tackles as most starting RB’s. This guy has been through a LOT and come out even stronger. I’m not saying Zeus is the second coming, but to say he is a JAG is more of an indictment on your knowledge than on his ability.

I used to watch him each Friday night when he was in high school, so I will admit my bias. You should admit that you are not the fantasy football wizard you try to present on this site.

Runs hard and fast, with zero vision or lateral ability. Ok pass pro with nearly zero receiving threat. He's a Jaggy Jaggalicious with some height/weight/speed hype from the draft process that is still lingering mainly because he hasn't had the chance to suck for more than just some mop up duty behind a true stud RB. Expect frustration if/when this dude ever gets extended playing time.
Remind me not to listen to your scouting advice in the future please. Vision is one of Zamir’s strengths, and he is quite capable as a receiver. He has low miles due to two very unfortunate ACL injuries, and is as strong between the tackles as most starting RB’s. This guy has been through a LOT and come out even stronger. I’m not saying Zeus is the second coming, but to say he is a JAG is more of an indictment on your knowledge than on his ability.

I used to watch him each Friday night when he was in high school, so I will admit my bias. You should admit that you are not the fantasy football wizard you try to present on this site.

Don't listen to my scouting advice in the future. Please.

Took 7 years on the board to decide to make a post, and this is the post?

We all start somewhere. Let him get some more reps first before deciding if he's Just Another Poster. (That acronym didn't feel right to post with just the letters lol)

We all start somewhere. Let him get some more reps first before deciding if he's Just Another Poster. (That acronym didn't feel right to post with just the letters lol)
Give him a chance. I used to watch him post back in high school, and he was amazing. Low miles in the Shark Pool, but he's been through a lot...

Alias?

Give him a chance. I used to watch him post back in high school, and he was amazing. Low miles in the Shark Pool, but he's been through a lot...
Funny as hell

Never write anyone off. One day you might be blowing your waivers on a Darryl Henderson type who was sitting on his couch doing nothing and then bam - starting RB for a couple weeks. Like I said, keep an open mind.

Another guy who came off the couch and scored a TD last week was Darrynton Evans. Week before that was Foreman dropping a 30 burger. Things change quickly and if you have a mindset that a guy sucks or is just a guy you miss out.

I have no idea what is in store for White's career but he has talent and may get his shot at some point.

Never write anyone off. One day you might be blowing your waivers on a Darryl Henderson type who was sitting on his couch doing nothing and then bam - starting RB for a couple weeks. Like I said, keep an open mind.

Another guy who came off the couch and scored a TD last week was Darrynton Evans. Week before that was Foreman dropping a 30 burger. Things change quickly and if you have a mindset that a guy sucks or is just a guy you miss out.

I have no idea what is in store for White's career but he has talent and may get his shot at some point.

If your premise is that Zeus could be the next Darrell Henderson or Darryn Evans, I agree.

Oh, I can assure you that I am Just Another Poster (agreed on skipping the acronym for this one). If I spent the half time you do posting, or half the energy some of these basement gremlins spend beating their chests about their wild guesses disguised as “scouting,” I’d castrate myself with a cheese grater.

Welp, White should get at least two-down work tonight. Anything to see here? Any potential at all for a no-one-saw-it-coming Arian Foster/Kyren Wiliams type breakout?

Welp, White should get at least two-down work tonight. Anything to see here? Any potential at all for a no-one-saw-it-coming Arian Foster/Kyren Wiliams type breakout?
Honestly not sure what to think of this guy. Lots of analysts really liked him coming out of college. I drafted him in one dynasty but ended up trading him to the Jacobs owner. In another league where I have Jacobs I acquired him as a handcuff. No idea what type of volume to expect or if he will excel. I'm hopeful but there hasn't been anything to show what type of volume or efficiency he might get. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting him in the playoffs unless I was totally desperate.

It would have been better had we seen a game in the regular fantasy season to see what is up. Can't trust him just out of the blue.

This was a heck of a page of reading.

There was a criticism of White that put his issues rather succinctly. Somebody said that once he gets into the open field at the second level he has a knack for finding the safety.

That wasn't meant as a compliment.

I wouldn't feel comfortable starting him in the playoffs unless I was totally desperate.

Gotcha, and yeah ... I wouldn't want to be starting him.

I'm thinking about White in kind of a narrow circumstance: In one of my main money leagues, we keep six players every year. The question about White, looking at him right now, is whether its realistic (a) for White to show enough over the next four games to become the Raiders undisputed 2024 opening-day starter and (b) for Jacobs not to be re-signed again for 2024, and (c) for the team to not draft/sign much RB competition. Right now, I can get White more or less for free (well, I'd give up Edwards-Helaire or my QB3 Baker Mayfield - woo-hoo). So a cheap look at White for a week or three, and then see if a bunch of dominos fall and he goes into August 2024 as a weak RB2 by all the FF cheatsheets.

In short: Is White even worth clicking the button for a look-see? Or is the "goes into 2024 as a good FF starter" just way to far-fetched?

In short: Is White even worth clicking the button for a look-see? Or is the "goes into 2024 as a good FF starter" just way to far-fetched?

Nothing is ever too far-fetched in this game but I would seriously doubt that White grabs the reins and runs with the job. I just don't see it happening with his skill set. You know me, Doug. I'm not a scout. But I don't see it. His time at Georgia was marred by injury and when he was healthy he didn't really break much in the way of runs that you expect a Georgia back to make. He tested well and that improved his draft stock, but he wasn't considered even a top NFL RB prospect in his class. His combine boosted him.

But if we're talking about Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Baker Mayfield, then one might be tempted to test the outer limits of the possible.

There was a criticism of White that put his issues rather succinctly. Somebody said that once he gets into the open field at the second level he has a knack for finding the safety.

Almost every player coming out of college has some criticisms or areas they need to work on. Never say never, just keep an open mind. He's worth a stash if you have room. If he doesn't pan out then you can move on but at this point there are very few options who could get a significant workload. Will he? No idea but I'll gladly stash him and keep an open mind to see what happens.

I honestly don't care if I'm right or wrong but I'll kick myself if I had a shot at seeing what he can do and deciding "no" before we see what happens. If he doesn't turn out it doesn't bother me, I'll shoot my shot again with the next guy. If you don't take a chance you will never find out and only regret it later.

Each league is different with settings, bench spots etc. but if you can stash him I would to see what happens. Can't win without a ticket.

Totally agree with the above. So many guys have surprised me that I don't write anybody off. It is, as you say, a function of settings, bench spots, capital acquisition cost, and other things like that. And you can't win without a ticket. You're right.

Not the be all, end all: but I saw his Vegas rushing props that were just released: they range from 57.5-63.5 yards. Vegas usually knows what they are doing. Considering where some people are with injuries, maybe worth giving a shot.

Not the be all, end all: but I saw his Vegas rushing props that were just released: they range from 57.5-63.5 yards. Vegas usually knows what they are doing. Considering where some people are with injuries, maybe worth giving a shot.

I'm going under.

Hope that safety is in the endzone!!

Last edited:
Was not able to see the game. Results are positive, but curious how he looked. Can keep cheaply next year, but every roster spot is valuable.

Nothing is ever too far-fetched in this game but I would seriously doubt that White grabs the reins and runs with the job. I just don't see it happening with his skill set. You know me, Doug. I'm not a scout. But I don't see it. His time at Georgia was marred by injury and when he was healthy he didn't really break much in the way of runs that you expect a Georgia back to make. He tested well and that improved his draft stock, but he wasn't considered even a top NFL RB prospect in his class. His combine boosted him.

But if we're talking about Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Baker Mayfield, then one might be tempted to test the outer limits of the possible.
Bah - I wimped out and missed out :kicksrock:

He looks good.

Need a read on this Jacobs situation. My opponent yesterday was caught off guard and actually had to drop Jacobs once ruled out. I actually dropped Z. White to block him from picking up Abdullah. It worked.

However, now both Jacobs and White are in waivers tonight. Need to choose wisely.

He looks good.

Need a read on this Jacobs situation. My opponent yesterday was caught off guard and actually had to drop Jacobs once ruled out. I actually dropped Z. White to block him from picking up Abdullah. It worked.

However, now both Jacobs and White are in waivers tonight. Need to choose wisely.
Saw a little more burst than I remembered.

Was not able to see the game. Results are positive, but curious how he looked. Can keep cheaply next year, but every roster spot is valuable.
Looked good yesterday and without getting in the end zone. Curious to see if anything develops for next year.

Odds Jacobs is out?
Based on Pierce's comments you would have thunk he was close. Maybe the quad issue AND the illness was a bit much.

If he was close yesterday, and now with LV having a bit of momentum I'd think there's a decent chance he's back.

Coach AP doing wonders for the Raiders D and OL. Both units suddenly playing bully ball, especially against teams that do not punch back, which is what the Chiefs surprisingly fell into last weekend. Zamir laid the knockout blows late.

He's running with a lot more patience behind his blocking than he was last year and earlier this, and then hitting the hole with more pop once he commits. He too, displays the new AP energy. And/or maybe he is leveling up as a late-2nd-year player. Either way, he ran hard and well last couple weeks as the lead back, which was a pleasant surprise. Hope he keeps the momentum.

He looks good.

I would like a read on the Jacobs situation too. Not sure which way you went, but my thinking is most think Jacobs is back this week and would easily be my choice of the two. I am thinking White could still be out there and you could pivot to him if Jacobs is out again. I dropped White last week thinking Jacobs would be back. Got White back last night, just in case.

He looks good.

I would like a read on the Jacobs situation too. Not sure which way you went, but my thinking is most think Jacobs is back this week and would easily be my choice of the two. I am thinking White could still be out there and you could pivot to him if Jacobs is out again. I dropped White last week thinking Jacobs would be back. Got White back last night, just in case.
Somebody grabbed Jacobs so he's out of the mix for me. Picked up Z. White and CEL to block my opponent who has Pacheco.

Jacobs doubtful. No way he plays.

Grabbed White as a defensive move and now I'm considering starting him.

His ESPN projections just jumped up to 14.7 PPR points...over my other options that are D. Montgomery and R. Mostert.

INDY is without a doubt a run funnel D too. This on paper is a great matchup.

Is this one of those out of left field guys that contribute to championships?

Hmmmm.

His ESPN projections just jumped up to 14.7 PPR points...over my other options that are D. Montgomery and R. Mostert.

Hmmmm.
If Grover is in Indy’s rush defense is not a good matchup on paper

Hmmmm.
Nearly same deal - beat out for CEH so I grabbed White for insurance. Have Monty, Mostert, Conner (started B Hall). With Monty & Mostert matchups (and Mostert questionable), now leaning toward playing White.

I already started Breece. I can start White over Barkley, or in my flex over either AJ Brown or Amon Ra. Considering starting over Barkley, because the Rams run D is no joke.

I’m putting white in over mixon as I also have tee Higgins. But think white is a top 15 play no doubt

Last edited:

Hmmmm.
Did the same as soon as I read about Jacobs whenever that was. But now might start him over Mostert in my flex honestly. Hopefully he doesn’t Mike Boone everyone.

In my dynasty SF final, I’ve got a trade lined up I give up Jamo and receive Zamir. Currently have Chase Brown in my RB2 spot. I think it’s worth the upgrade for a one off finals matchup and a possibility that White is the guy next year as well. As A Lions fan it’s gonna hurt giving up Jamo but don’t really have any other alternative

Hmmmm.
Did the same as soon as I read about Jacobs whenever that was. But now might start him over Mostert in my flex honestly. Hopefully he doesn’t Mike Boone everyone.
I remember M. Boone all too well. Started him myself and survived it.

Major difference though. Boone hadn't played at all and he had bodies behind him in the case where he dropped the ball (literally if I remember correctly). White has performed the last two games and he received ALL the carries last week. Abdullah is an after thought.

I'm starting Zamir White, Bijan, and Swift. Benching Achane, Montgomery, Etienne, and Kenneth Walker. I hope this works out as it's a difficult decision with all of these options.

edit, update: starting Achane over Bijan

Last edited:
Just heard that A. Pierce said there's a "chance" Jacobs can go.

This would absolutely screw me with Mostert suddenly inactive.

Listed as doubtful.

Users who are viewing this thread