What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Wayne didn't practice Wed? (1 Viewer)

diggler

Footballguy
Am I overreacting to this?

Reggie Wayne did not take part in Colts practice Wednesday due to what the team is calling a "knee" injury.

The Colts may just be resting Wayne on a short week after playing a Monday night game. His weak stat line in Week 8 was the result of double teaming and tight coverage by Titans CB Cortland Finnegan, not a known injury.

Source:

http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport

I have a trade offer out for this guy, and this is making me uneasy. Any homers have any insight?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Colts held 11 players out of practice today. I can't imagine that they are all suffering major injuries. See what happens tomorrow.

Am I overreacting to this?

Reggie Wayne did not take part in Colts practice Wednesday due to what the team is calling a "knee" injury.

The Colts may just be resting Wayne on a short week after playing a Monday night game. His weak stat line in Week 8 was the result of double teaming and tight coverage by Titans CB Cortland Finnegan, not a known injury.

Source:

http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=injuryreport

I have a trade offer out for this guy, and this is making me uneasy. Any homers have any insight?
Wayne hurt his knee during the Titans game. He took a play or two off, and finished the game. I think they are just giving him a rest. We'll see tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad thing about this we might never know until after the game starts. At least they were upfront with Addia these past weeks so far but the Manning lies and the entire Harrison episode last year has me thinking I could be stuck with goose eggs next week!

The Colts held 11 players out of practice today. I can't imagine that they are all suffering major injuries. See what happens tomorrow.
what he said.After the usual late finish to Monday night's game, it's just a somewhat normal day to recuperate. Titans were all over Wayne. He might need an extra day to soak in the tub to shake off some hits.

Looks like he was held out again today per Rotoworld... WTF. between last year's handling of Marvin's injury and this year's hiding of Peyton's knee surgeries, I do not trust this organization to be forthcoming with injury news...

Reggie Wayne was held out of practice for the second straight day Thursday due to a knee injury.

There has been no concern expressed by the team or those covering it about Wayne's injury, and it was initially believed he missed Wednesday's practice because Indianapolis is on a short week. But since the Colts are so guarded about injuries it's a situation to monitor. Wayne will likely need to practice on Friday to be available for Sunday Night Football.

Wayne said he was dealing with the same type of injury that Marvin had last year, just not as bad. He also said that he would be ready to play this week, but I would take that with a grain of salt, because that is what I expect him to say.

Users who are viewing this thread