What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Remember 15-20 years ago when we started posting here? (2 Viewers)

Not that anyone cares, but I was over at The Huddle from the late 90's until their version of the FFA died out.  I think I have like 40k posts there.   :oldunsure:

Joined here when I missed the camaraderie of talking about random stuff with people with similar interests (fantasy football).  I had just moved to the Twin Cities so that was July of '12.  7 years sure has flown by.

Mario Kart said:
April 14, 2003, I remember like it was yesterday. There was a mad scramble to be a 3-digiter. So mad, that the powers that be held a contest for #21-#99 just to be a 2-digiter (or possibly fewer). The first couple dozen or so numbers were reserved for employees. #1 = Joe, #2 = David, #3 = Aaron?, #4 = Clayton?, etc. I signed up before noon and was #625, I think. No shame.
April 14, 2003 as well.  Good memory!  God I forgot all about that, after they changed to join dates I remember thinking "man, come on, I really hustled to get that low number!" :)

April 15, 2003

alta vista + Curtis Martin + Shades of Gray + cheatsheets.net = ball cancer

the super elite upper tier members held regular meetups at 100 Mary Street, San Antonio TX for a high stakes underground punt pass kick competition  :towelwave:
They were monthly.  Not sure if that would be classified as "regular" meetups. :shrug:

Yup - F5 keys throughout the world got an intense workout that day. Was like a uniform pushing of *the* Cold War button.

April 14, 2003 as well.  Good memory!  God I forgot all about that, after they changed to join dates I remember thinking "man, come on, I really hustled to get that low number!" :)
OMG has it been that long? I was on old yeller. Cheatsheets.net

I remember trying to register at noon EST on that day but wasn’t aware that the board was/is on CST so i didn’t register until the next day or two. 

Didn't people sell their 3-digit member number for cash,IRL?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG has it been that long? I was on old yeller. Cheatsheets.net

I remember trying to register at noon EST on that day but wasn’t aware that the board was/is on CST so i didn’t register until the next day or two. 

Didn't a people sell their 3-digit member number for cash,IRL?
Didn't Otis buy one?  

Not that anyone cares, but I was over at The Huddle from the late 90's until their version of the FFA died out.  I think I have like 40k posts there.   :oldunsure:

Joined here when I missed the camaraderie of talking about random stuff with people with similar interests (fantasy football).  I had just moved to the Twin Cities so that was July of '12.  7 years sure has flown by.
Never heard of you. :oldrazz:

I'm member #96 over there. I think I was something like #151 for a while and then they did a purge of inactive accounts and I moved up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of you. :oldrazz:

I'm member #96 over there. I think I was something like #151 for a while and then they did a purge of inactive accounts and I moved up.
Yeah I was kinda late to the ballgame over there, too.  I lurked and was of course a member of the site itself for a long time.

Man, those heydays were the best over there.  I'm sure folks here can understand the nostalgia.

Began lurking in 04' or 05' when everyone was obsessed with fantasy football.  I still play FF but it's not nearly as important to me.  If I had to choose between FF & the FFA I'd clearly choose the FFA.  Kind of strange how an off-topic board I stumbled on while trying to find FF information has become more important than fantasy football.

Began lurking in 04' or 05' when everyone was obsessed with fantasy football.  I still play FF but it's not nearly as important to me.  If I had to choose between FF & the FFA I'd clearly choose the FFA.  Kind of strange how an off-topic board I stumbled on while trying to find FF information has become more important than fantasy football.
I don't even do FFB anymore. Quit last year. 

Users who are viewing this thread