What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Teams & Discourse (3 Viewers)

Shadow - Lots invested in Buffalo so that is one key, but the other to me is definitely the abundant risk in going with only three RBs. I know that I was one of several teams that took five and several have already indicated that anything over four is a mistake because of the weakness it causes elsewhere with lack of depth. If I was only going with three RBs, then I would not have have waited so long to take the third and it would have been someone more assured of a consistent role. Green, like CHarles is coming off a knee injury and that just seems to me to be a boatload of eggs in that three RB basket.

Tony Romo QB

Mark Sanchez QB

I didn't snag one of the top QBs, but I like Romo for where I got him. Good value. Sanchez... meh. Not a fan, but for where I got him, I can live with him being my #2. I've had him in the past and he'll give me a few excellent weeks to help with Romo's bye or weeks that Romo sucks it up. B

Michael Turner RB

Michael Bush RB

Pierre Thomas RB

LeGarrette Blount RB

Strong WRs means I will be weak somewhere else, and this is it. Turner will lose some touches, but he's still a beast and will get 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs easily this year. The others are either RB2 or RB1a or 1b on their respective teams, and I think they will each produce. Maybe not like a top back, but they are all primed to fill in if an injury comes about, or if the offense looks to use two backs or keep a rotation. C+ (potential to fall to a C or even up into B or B- range if they do more than expected)

Randy Moss WR

Plaxico Burress WR

Larry Fitzgerald WR

Wes Welker WR

Mario Manningham WR

Hakeem Nicks WR

The strength of my team, but also the riskiest. A trio of Fitz, Welker, and Nicks should be lethal each week....assuming they all stay healthy. I'm not sweating Nicks' injury. There's still plenty of time between the actual injury and Week 1. After those three, I'm taking a lot of risk. I am buying into the Moss hype, probably stupidly. But the way I see it and from what I'm hearing, being out last year and having one last chance to prove himself has a hungry Randy ready to prove everyone wrong. With other weapons around, teams won't always be able to double team him, which also helps Manningham. I think it mostly revolves around Alex Smith and whether he can improve more. With the weapons Smith has now, there is no excuse. Finally, Burress still isn't signed, so I'm taking a risk, but it was a late round risk, and I am confident he will find a team and produce well. Personally, I really wish Detroit would give him a shot. I'm not a Burleson fan. A- (potential to fall into B-range or up to A+ if most pan out)

Brandon Pettigrew TE

Ed Dickson TE

Having missed out on the top TEs I looked to the next tier and maybe I'm a little biased, being a Lions fan, but I like Pettigrew a good bit. As defenses key more on Calvin, it

will open up more lanes for Pettigrew. Dickson is a decent backup, but is contending with Pitta for touches. B-

Rob Bironas K

Dan Bailey K

Chicago Bears Def/ST

Kansas City Chiefs DEF/ST

Two decent kickers, and two decent DEF/ST. Check and check. B
I feel ROMO IS one of the top QBs, best top option you can get late outside the top 6. He's my TARGET QB, however, he's the most DIFFICULT to target, because you have to wait for hte top 6 to go, then be in the right place at the right time to land him. He's the undisputed #7 QB IMO that belongs in the Top 6, likely ahead of Vick. I think Blount was the perfect late add to that RB stable. Turner you can still count on for production, although I think it will be similar to Gore 2011, he plays every game, but doesn't wow us. Bush and Pierre may end up being those boring rb2 and 3 that never produce like a 1, but give you the solid points you need here and there or on byes. Will be interesting to see how the Saints backfield shakes out. Drafting Ingram that high, and having Sproles, hate to see dreaded 3 headed backs for #FF purposes.

Going Fitz, Welker, Nicks obviously the strength of the team and on most weeks should be your 3 starters. Funny to see Moss and Plax on the same team, old has beens, lol.. Think Plax gets signed somewhere huh? I'm not so sure. The SF duo form a quality #3WR for bye weeks.

Love Pettigrew in this format, he's a high catch guy. These are actually the two TEs I had in FFPC that I finished Top 10 overall last year, the combo will work!

I think you're too hard on your QB and RBs. Good team, 2 Ks and 2 DSTs, I like it. The question if this is a playoff team will reside with the pizazz of the RBs and the bye weeks. Not seeing them here, there may be conflicts that arise causing H2H issues. If you don't make the playoffs, you can blame it on going too fast at the WR position and having a little more balance at RB.

Stinkin Ref:1.02 Aaron Rodgers QB1 GB 1011.02 Joe Flacco QB BAL 8Sometimes we forget about the true impact of the elite players. Will need Rodgers to continue to perform at an elite level to make up the points I lose weekly at other positions by using my first pick on him. Looking back I like getting Flacco in the 11th.2.13 Steven Jackson RB13 STL 97.02 James Starks RB29 GB 108.13 Ben Tate RB41 HOU 89.02 Ronnie Hillman RB42 DEN 710.13 Toby Gerhart RB MIN 11Not gonna scare anybody but 4 guys who have shown they can play in this league and a guy who I think plays more than people think in Hillman. All with different bye weeks so I am not too concerned about not being able to post 2 decent scores here. Two starters, two high end backups, and the potential SOD (yep I said it). 4.13 Jeremy Maclin WR22 PHI 75.02 Eric Decker WR25 DEN 76.13 Denarius Moore WR32 OAK 512.13 Vincent Brown WR SD 713.02 Laurent Robinson WR JAC 614.13 Devery Henderson WR NOS 6Got 3 guys I was targeting and while this group won't grade out well going into the season, I can see them being slightly above average to above average as the season unfolds. I was well aware of the bye week issues as I was drafting this group but decided I wanted the player and would roll the dice for two weeks (6-7) when I would only have 4 and then 3 to choose from. In my mind, the top 3 could actually out produce the guys that are maybe listed as WR1's ahead of them. 3.02 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE 915.02 Scott Chandler TE BUF 8Hernandez is a beast in this format and hopefully Chandler's role increases a little. I think Fitz likes him and his size in the red zone. 16.13 Connor Barth PK TB 517.02 Oakland Raiders DST 518.13 Tennessee Titans DST 11Some risk with one PK and defenses could be a crap shoot but at least I have two to choose from. Overall: I got sniped a few times which changed the look. Maclin and Decker need to prove me right and Hillman could be the wild card. But otherwise, this wasn't my best work. I really reached for players I liked instead of playing it safe. Things like Maclin over VJax and SJohnson need to pay off. Hernandez staying a top 5 non RB in this format will be big as well. What I do like is that I have some solid guys, and then some potentially huge back up players mixed in. And even some of my guys that are considered "backups" will still produce even without an injury or something to the guy in front of them. Not my best effort, you guys are pretty tough, but I welcome the challenge and really appreciate the opportunity to fill in here and give it a go. Good luck. :banned:
Good players, but the depth is suspect. This is what happens when you try to "go for it" at both QB and TE. A+ QB and what seems to be a A TE, although I'm not so sure. Doesn't Hernandez have games where he takes a 3rd seat to Gronk and Welker? Throw in Lloyd and I'm not so sure AH is an every week kinda guy. I would have preferred to back him up much sooner than backing up Rodgers don't you think? STJAX is underrated so I think you're okay there. Starks is too, not spectacular but will contribute. You started the RB run in the 7th and what a run it was! 12 RBs off the board before it came back to you. Another lesson learned. When you're drafting from the end in a 14 teamer, you can't take chances like you did selecting your WR3. You already took 2 chances with QB And TE early, and it burned you here. Having to overcorrect, you missed out on some values that fell Crabtree, Olsen, Tamme, Nate Washington etc. (just one mans opinion). its not that I disagree with the picks, I just think that taking QB, then TE that early caused you to alter the game plan instead of letting the draft come to you, which is crucial in this format from the end. I think you may have hit gold with Hillman in the 9th, not real sure why the tate pick in the 8th though? Trying to burn Shadow?Overall unless Rodgers completely carries this team during the bye weeks, the H2H record is going to suffer due to lack of depth, not to mention only 1 kicker (which I won't harp on) Good picks overall, just think the agressiveness caused a reactionary draft.

Team Old Milwaukee

QB: Michael Vick(7) and Carson Palmer(5). I am a little high on all Eagle’s players this year. I think they will be playing with a chip on their shoulders, and I expect to see them in the NFC championship game. With Vick as QB1, I was forced to get a higher end QB2. Grade: B

RB: Matt Forte(6) Shonn Greene(9) Daniel Thomas(7) Tim Hightower(10) Danny Woodhead(9) Two RB2’s and three RB’s to form a committee for the bye weeks and occasional bad games. Love Timmy Hightower in the 12th, he will be the man in DC. Grade C

WR: Calvin Johnson(5) Torrey Smith(8)Santonio Holmes(9)Nate Burleson(5)Rueben Randle(11)Steve Smith(9) The best WR in the league, and a up and coming WR1

in the 6th round. After that it blows. My season really depends upon a Falco to Smith connection. Grade C

TE: Jason Witten(5)Greg Olsen(6) Sorry TL but this is the combo to outproduce any team that doesn't have Gronk or Graham. Grade B

D/ST Ravens(8)Giants(11) Two producers Grade A

K: Lindell SOP Grade D

As always, this is one of the best group of competitors there is, and I fully enjoyed the experience. (I had to put a sticky note on the monitor reminding me that there are no guppy’s) and curse each one of you for snipping me multiple times.

Thanks to the Captin and TL for continuing this fine tradition. I look forward to getting out of the cellar and back to the championship game, and perhaps even winning one of these.

Comments and questions always welcomed.

Cheers!
Best skill guy IMO at 7, Megatron. Nice. Forte, VALUE, Nice. Witten VALUE, Nice. Vick, VALUE, Nice. Greene, VALUE, nice. (preferred Bush, but to each their own) Wow, what's going on here??? Smith, Holmes, Palmer, Olsen, .. wow!!!Personal preference, i would have preferred a huge upside pick like Blackmon or Quick over Burleson, but then to follow up with Thoma and Hightower. Aah, I do see your upside guy, Rueben Randle. Okay. This is the TEAM TO BEAT GENTS!!! I see this draft and am amazed. PLAYOFF FAVORITE so far! Nicely done!

It might be feel harsh to call it a bad team, but not a good team might be easierBen Roethlisberger (4)Sam Bradford (9)Waited on QB. This pair should keep me in the middle. Didn't seem like this league had a lot of love for them as they were drafted toward the end of QB1s and QB2s.CFrank Gore (9)Reggie Bush (7)Donald Brown (4)Kevin Smith (5)Delone Carter (4)Cobbled RB2s with boo boo potential. RB does run out fast. I would be happy if two high RB2 #s could come out of this group each week. Would really like a K Smith revival to RB 1 #s.D+Julio Jones (7)Demaryius Thomas (7)Anquan Boldin (8)Mike Williams TB (5)Jerome Simpson (11)Danny Amendola (9)JJ & Thomas have a high potential with TD production. I need insane #s from them. Boldin and Williams TB make an blah WR 3. Simpson and Amendola could really help out. May be just enough upside in this group to pull me through.B+Jimmy Graham (6)Dennis Pitta (8)Graham has one less mouth to compete with for targets and thinks he is getting better. He has the chance to be the lights out equalizer I need to compete. Pitta likely won't matter besides bye week fill. An injury to Graham would likely kill my team.AStephen Gostkowski (9)New England DST (9)San Diego DST (7)Quality 1 kicker. DST Sched not too bad.An average effort overall. No punch at QB or RB. Good but probably not enough from WR TE dominate. One kicker injury risk. I don't think I overcame a top RB1 deficiency. Nice drafting with yall.
QB - Middle? I disagree. There are 7 elite QBs (if you include Romo). 8-9-10 are in some order Rivers, Eli and Peyton. That's 10 of the 14 teams. Roth was QB12. Some teams these days have Cutler, Schaub, Palmer, Flacco, Girffin as their backup. You have Bradford, and unless a complete turnaround from last year, again a bit of a disappointment. You don't have any of these so your tandem is definitely in the bottom 25% of the league. (bottom 5 teams) If you feel that Roth is of the same grade as that middle tier of guys fine, you are still in the bottom half, but IMO you def need to secure a better backup than Bradford if that's the case. If you believe in waiting fine. RB - I like your RB2 and 3, but the rest is meh. I think you'll get an average score out of your RBS every week as I like Reggie to outperform his spot significantly and Brown is under the radar. Your WRS/TEs must be awesome!WR - Well, this is what happens to a team that goes TE/WR in a 14 team draft 1 of only 3 teams to try it. Compounded by the QB in the 6th round. You reach for your RB1 at a time when superior WRs are still on the board. I don't mind this if you are going to fire away at WRS but you took your 3rd in the 8th, so where's your strength? You end up chasing the draft to fill holes. You took RB16 Gore, who finished RB17 in a year he played 16 games. Since, they've brought in two additional backs to compete. Julio/Marshall/Demaryius, now we'd be talking!With that strategy, you could have loaded up on RBs Bush/Redman/Brown, then potentially a Palmer, Freeman and possibly a 3rd QB late. TE - Best in the biz IMO. 1 kicker? Let me try a different angle here (as I think I got off on a negative tangent)... Love Graham as my TE and Julio is a lotto pick at best as a WR1 but I'll take it this year as I'm drinking the Kool-aid. I won't be targeting Gore but hey a sure fire starter in the mid 3rd to anchor, cool. Demaryius as a 2, another good bet to finish top 20 and Reggie Bush coming off a career year should be able to do what he did again. Roth is a solid starter (not elite) but solid and D Brown has the goods, let's see if he can put them together as a bonafide RB3 this year. I think he can. I even think Boldin is undervalued this year and makes a solid bet to finish top 35 as a WR3! Mike Williams in the 9th with Simpson too? Good save as a 3/4/5 combo, maybe the best 3/4/5 combo in the draft! Having said that QBs are weak, athough Bradford has some weapons now. Your RBs should be able to hold it down with the TE and WRs carrying the load. I think this team has a chance at the playoffs, but not as good as some of the others we've seen. It will mostly hinge on the departure of Bruce Arians in Pitt and Roth's air attack as well as Gore returning to stud status. Can it happen? Sure, but its going to be a tall task. Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Romo QB

Mark Sanchez QB

I didn't snag one of the top QBs, but I like Romo for where I got him. Good value. Sanchez... meh. Not a fan, but for where I got him, I can live with him being my #2. I've had him in the past and he'll give me a few excellent weeks to help with Romo's bye or weeks that Romo sucks it up. B

Michael Turner RB

Michael Bush RB

Pierre Thomas RB

LeGarrette Blount RB

Strong WRs means I will be weak somewhere else, and this is it. Turner will lose some touches, but he's still a beast and will get 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs easily this year. The others are either RB2 or RB1a or 1b on their respective teams, and I think they will each produce. Maybe not like a top back, but they are all primed to fill in if an injury comes about, or if the offense looks to use two backs or keep a rotation. C+ (potential to fall to a C or even up into B or B- range if they do more than expected)

Randy Moss WR

Plaxico Burress WR

Larry Fitzgerald WR

Wes Welker WR

Mario Manningham WR

Hakeem Nicks WR

The strength of my team, but also the riskiest. A trio of Fitz, Welker, and Nicks should be lethal each week....assuming they all stay healthy. I'm not sweating Nicks' injury. There's still plenty of time between the actual injury and Week 1. After those three, I'm taking a lot of risk. I am buying into the Moss hype, probably stupidly. But the way I see it and from what I'm hearing, being out last year and having one last chance to prove himself has a hungry Randy ready to prove everyone wrong. With other weapons around, teams won't always be able to double team him, which also helps Manningham. I think it mostly revolves around Alex Smith and whether he can improve more. With the weapons Smith has now, there is no excuse. Finally, Burress still isn't signed, so I'm taking a risk, but it was a late round risk, and I am confident he will find a team and produce well. Personally, I really wish Detroit would give him a shot. I'm not a Burleson fan. A- (potential to fall into B-range or up to A+ if most pan out)

Brandon Pettigrew TE

Ed Dickson TE

Having missed out on the top TEs I looked to the next tier and maybe I'm a little biased, being a Lions fan, but I like Pettigrew a good bit. As defenses key more on Calvin, it

will open up more lanes for Pettigrew. Dickson is a decent backup, but is contending with Pitta for touches. B-

Rob Bironas K

Dan Bailey K

Chicago Bears Def/ST

Kansas City Chiefs DEF/ST

Two decent kickers, and two decent DEF/ST. Check and check. B
I feel ROMO IS one of the top QBs, best top option you can get late outside the top 6. He's my TARGET QB, however, he's the most DIFFICULT to target, because you have to wait for hte top 6 to go, then be in the right place at the right time to land him. He's the undisputed #7 QB IMO that belongs in the Top 6, likely ahead of Vick. I think Blount was the perfect late add to that RB stable. Turner you can still count on for production, although I think it will be similar to Gore 2011, he plays every game, but doesn't wow us. Bush and Pierre may end up being those boring rb2 and 3 that never produce like a 1, but give you the solid points you need here and there or on byes. Will be interesting to see how the Saints backfield shakes out. Drafting Ingram that high, and having Sproles, hate to see dreaded 3 headed backs for #FF purposes.

Going Fitz, Welker, Nicks obviously the strength of the team and on most weeks should be your 3 starters. Funny to see Moss and Plax on the same team, old has beens, lol.. Think Plax gets signed somewhere huh? I'm not so sure. The SF duo form a quality #3WR for bye weeks.

Love Pettigrew in this format, he's a high catch guy. These are actually the two TEs I had in FFPC that I finished Top 10 overall last year, the combo will work!

I think you're too hard on your QB and RBs. Good team, 2 Ks and 2 DSTs, I like it. The question if this is a playoff team will reside with the pizazz of the RBs and the bye weeks. Not seeing them here, there may be conflicts that arise causing H2H issues. If you don't make the playoffs, you can blame it on going too fast at the WR position and having a little more balance at RB.
:goodposting: Can't argue there...

Good players, but the depth is suspect. This is what happens when you try to "go for it" at both QB and TE. A+ QB and what seems to be a A TE, although I'm not so sure. Doesn't Hernandez have games where he takes a 3rd seat to Gronk and Welker? Throw in Lloyd and I'm not so sure AH is an every week kinda guy. I would have preferred to back him up much sooner than backing up Rodgers don't you think? STJAX is underrated so I think you're okay there. Starks is too, not spectacular but will contribute. You started the RB run in the 7th and what a run it was! 12 RBs off the board before it came back to you. Another lesson learned. When you're drafting from the end in a 14 teamer, you can't take chances like you did selecting your WR3. You already took 2 chances with QB And TE early, and it burned you here. Having to overcorrect, you missed out on some values that fell Crabtree, Olsen, Tamme, Nate Washington etc. (just one mans opinion). its not that I disagree with the picks, I just think that taking QB, then TE that early caused you to alter the game plan instead of letting the draft come to you, which is crucial in this format from the end. I think you may have hit gold with Hillman in the 9th, not real sure why the tate pick in the 8th though? Trying to burn Shadow?Overall unless Rodgers completely carries this team during the bye weeks, the H2H record is going to suffer due to lack of depth, not to mention only 1 kicker (which I won't harp on) Good picks overall, just think the agressiveness caused a reactionary draft.
TL: thanks for taking the time to right a review....for me these are the best parts of doing these things in here....will try to return the favor...will comment on some of your comments, not as justification or anything, cause usually it all comes down to a matter of preference....I did indeed go for it at QB and TE early....when I saw my draft slot I knew Rodgers was going to be my pick....that is just a strategy move on my part in this format and the fact that I prefer a QB with that high of a pick over another position player....Hernandez: the one thing I learned in winning two Anarchy leagues and one of the PDSL's last year was that in this format (2 PPR for TE) a top tier "pass catching" TE is gold....not necessarily a ton of TD's catching TE, but a ton of catches/targets...the thing about Hernandez is that I don't think he neccessarily had a HUGE year last year, yet in this format his PPG stats only trailed non RB's Gronk/Graham/Calvin/Welker...Shadow indicated he was thinking about taking him at the 2-3 turn and Razor already said he would have taken him at 3.03 instead of Roddy White....so I feel he was taken in the correct spot..(even though I don't really think he should have been there, since he produces as a top 5 non RB)....the question really is like you indicated, since I already had a QB on board, is it smart to also take a TE in a top 3 pick....and draft slot figures in as well....I guess my view is that QB/TE are the only two positions where you start 1 guy....(don't count PK/DST)...I kinda take the appoach that I am going to make sure I am highly competitive at those spots and then hope I use whatever fantasy skill I have to fill out RB/WR....my appoach is different for other type of leagues, but for this and the surviviors that is the approach I chose to take...doesn't always work...but we'll see....and IMO Pettigrew is vastly underrated in these....and he can be had later....if I had it to do all over again I might have passed and waited on him....last year he outscored Fitzgerald/S.Smith CAR/Harvin/Wallace/colston/Marshall/Nicks/Bowe/etc in this format...anyway..I think of the top TE's including Gronk and Graham that Hernandez has the best chance to put up as good (or better)#'s as last year and that is just my opinion....you asked about him taking a 3rd seat to Gronk and Welker....you bet he does...no doubt, but I don't care he still produces massive points even playing 3rd fiddle there....Hernadez produces top 5 non RB points in this format as a 3rd fiddle...he averaged over 21 points a game in this format...doesn't matter to me what fiddle he plays....Tate pick: never thought he'd be there....he is the top handcuff/RB2 in the league....huge "carry your team" type upside if Foster goes down all the while actually possibly still contributing some weeks even as a backup....in a backup roll I bet he still holds his own against RB2's in this league...I think there are several teams in this league that would like to have him and there is no guarantee that I was going to get Hillman....Hillman was going to be my pick in the 8th, but Tate was too much value to pass up and he wouldn't have made it past Shadow at the turn....so yeah Shadow had something to do with it "right there"...but I still think that was the spot for him since he was still available which he shouldn't have been...Hillman in the 9th became frosting...I may have missed on some value here or there because of addressing those two spots early but it is what it is....this wasn't my best work at all....but not sure it was because of going QB/TE...I think I am mostly down on my team like most because I don't have what looks great on paper...I passed on a lot of more popular picks and guys that look better on paper right now because I am higher on some other guys...most notably (Maclin/Decker/V. Brown/Hillman)...the pick I still waiver on is Gerhardt as that totally dictated the rest of my draft...(have a feeling Shadow may have taken him too but that doesn't matter)...I have no problem backing up Flacco prior to Hernandez....there was very little still on the board at TE...(Heath Miller?)...I was targeting Chandler late as I know he isn't getting any love but I think he will outperform many of the other guys I could have taken between the Flacco pick and where I took Chandler....at the time I took Flacco, I felt at that point the QB position dropped off the table after him and Bradford...and knew neither would make it back to me in the 12th...interesting, your first comment is "good players, but depth is suspect"....it's weird but I actually look at my team the other way....not a ton of what people may consider "good players"....but okay depth....I think I am very deep at RB, pretty deep at QB, and okay at WR...I have a couple of bye weeks that will be tough but we'll see...I'm not a big grader, so to speak, but if I had to I would give my team a straight up C....I am banking on my guys I am higher on than other people are right now....thanks for making me think TL and good luck..... :banned:

and IMO Pettigrew is vastly underrated in these....and he can be had later....if I had it to do all over again I might have passed and waited on him....last year he outscored Fitzgerald/S.Smith CAR/Harvin/Wallace/colston/Marshall/Nicks/Bowe/etc in this format...Tate pick: never thought he'd be there....he is the top handcuff/RB2 in the league....huge "carry your team" type upside if Foster goes down
I think I come away from your comments with more clarity prior to my big drafts coming up. Specifically my love for Pettigrew in FPC format and the "Larry Johnson-esque" upside of Ben Tate, although Tate can be had much later than LJ the year he was Priest's backup. Hmmm... Home run pick for sure...

I almost took Tate with my pick at 8.05 and probably that would have been a better pick than LeShoure at least for the home run or ascendent considerations - although it the Lions score a lot of short TDs LeShoure may contribute in more games with fewer points

and IMO Pettigrew is vastly underrated in these....and he can be had later....if I had it to do all over again I might have passed and waited on him....last year he outscored Fitzgerald/S.Smith CAR/Harvin/Wallace/colston/Marshall/Nicks/Bowe/etc in this format...Tate pick: never thought he'd be there....he is the top handcuff/RB2 in the league....huge "carry your team" type upside if Foster goes down
I think I come away from your comments with more clarity prior to my big drafts coming up. Specifically my love for Pettigrew in FPC format and the "Larry Johnson-esque" upside of Ben Tate, although Tate can be had much later than LJ the year he was Priest's backup. Hmmm... Home run pick for sure...
yeah...if your getting 2 PPR for TE...Pettigrew is a nice play (even in just regular 1 PPR)...he puts up quiet monster stats in this format if that is possible....think people don't realize how effective he is in that offense and how big a piece of the pie he gets...really after Calvin he may be the most consistent receiver on that team...in this format I have him as TE4 behind Gronk/Graham/Hernandez....would not hesitate to wait and let others snag Gates/Finley/Davis....and then snag him....(tidbit: also think we'll be praising Gresham a little more this time next year)... ;) To me Tate's value bumps up quite a bit in best ball formats as opposed to weekly lineup submission leagues....that's why I think he offers tremendous value where I got him in this best ball league and why I was surprised he was still there....had I had more confidence in my RB1 and RB2 I may not have selected him, but since I didn't he seemed like the perfect pick at the time because of his ability to put up useable stats even if Foster is healthy....a Foster injury then becomes frosting...

For the record, these reviews just give me some sort of closure on the draft. i mean no offense to anyone, nor trying to flatter anyone with their fantasy prowess. I just call em as I see em. What I've learned in the draft recaps are from my own mistakes and mistakes of others, it guides me closer to the truth. Having said that, looking back on the draft of my own team... plus, do any of us really know what the heck we're talking about here? lol...

ROUND 1: MCCOY was a gift for me at 4. I was expecting to make the (Mathews vs Calvin) decision and didn't have to because I would have taken Calvin and not been as happy about my RB1 in such a deep WR year as this.

ROUND 2: Sit back and wait. Now, here's where it gets interesting. Cam and Stafford both make it back to me and my intention going in was to take a TOP QB in the second had they made it back around. I didn't think they would so was glad to take Cam NEWTON here. Had I passed on QB I would have likely missed the QB run in the 6th and been burned as SHADOW was with Fitzpatrick as my QB1. I doubt I would have had the foresight to take one in the 5th with Antonio Brown staring me down.

ROUND 3: Demarco MURRAY Okay, now this part of the draft forced my hand. As I reviewed what was still there, a WR would likely score more points for me here. Marshall and Cruz were both on my short list of targets, but again, the draft is IMO very deep at WR this year so I took a calculated risk to ensure that my RB2 was Murray calibre, rather than "Doug Martin" or "Shonn Greene" calibre, both of whom no matter what anybody says, have bust potential at RB2. So I decided to lock in my RB2 and take some stabs at my WRs next. TE still isn't a consideration as I love the depth at TE this year.

ROUND 4: COLSTON, Britt or Maclin.. This was a toughie, and in the end, IMO, its a coin flip. We can debate these guys all day long. In the end, I took what I consider to be the "safer" play. Some may disagree and see more risk with Colston due to age or knee, but I love having a QB who has the potential to throw for 5400 yards. Vick not Lock/Hass have that, so there you go.

ROUND 5: ANTONIO BROWN, my WR2, nuff said.

ROUND 6: The short list was GARCON, Redman or Starks. In the end, I felt I had done enough at my RB spot, and with no flex position here, decided to lock down my WR3 with who I feel has enormous breakout potential. Things have to fall right for sure, with a new QB and all, but I'm betting on positive mojo completely surrounding and engulfing this team this year due to the addition of RG3. Plus, he's not a shabby WR. 21 overall WR last year with that crap he had throwing him the ball? Im scoring him at WR32, that's a bargain in my book.

ROUND 7: This is what I'm talking about. I get FRED DAVIS in the 7th? Too sweet. He finished 13 overall in a short 12 week season and at the time of injury he was ranked #5 TE overall. Again, RG3 is in town, so what. This guy can ball! TE10 sounds like yet another Redskin value play to me.

ROUND 8: DHB... more to come...

For the record, these reviews just give me some sort of closure on the draft. i mean no offense to anyone, nor trying to flatter anyone with their fantasy prowess. I just call em as I see em. What I've learned in the draft recaps are from my own mistakes and mistakes of others, it guides me closer to the truth. Having said that, looking back on the draft of my own team... plus, do any of us really know what the heck we're talking about here? lol...
I've been wondering why you skipped mine over, but based on some other comments I suspect you don't like it. :football: At the end you can play the anticipation game and just reach to fill slots, but I really tried to grab value. I think my first 9 were golden. I'm pretty sure I watched you win this at least once ;) using QBBC picks from the middle rounds. :banned:

curious what the DD says about the teams - would someone who used it for the draft care to share the projections?
OverallRzr 2836Shadow 2729 :boxing: OM 2680PCat 2660Hook 2624TL 2622SRef 2614Val 2585PAE 2571Rad 2510Sinrman 2502Fiddles 2496Grouse 2444Ravenz 2400StartersRzr, Shadow :ph34r: , PCat, OM, Hook, TL, SRef, Sinrman, PAE, Val, Fiddles, Grouse, Rad, Ravenz

I've been wondering why you skipped mine over, but based on some other comments I suspect you don't like it. :football: At the end you can play the anticipation game and just reach to fill slots, but I really tried to grab value. I think my first 9 were golden. I'm pretty sure I watched you win this at least once ;) using QBBC picks from the middle rounds. :banned:
Oh man, did I? My bad.

curious what the DD says about the teams - would someone who used it for the draft care to share the projections?
OverallRzr 2836Shadow 2729 :boxing: OM 2680PCat 2660Hook 2624TL 2622SRef 2614Val 2585PAE 2571Rad 2510Sinrman 2502Fiddles 2496Grouse 2444Ravenz 2400StartersRzr, Shadow :ph34r: , PCat, OM, Hook, TL, SRef, Sinrman, PAE, Val, Fiddles, Grouse, Rad, Ravenz
2 points Hook?? 2 lousy points?? arrgghh!!! Oh wait, Dodds projections??? Oh, okay, nevermind. Carry on.. lol

Shadowmaster Self Analysis

Hard to complain about the top spot, but it did trash the plan I had in mind going in. I think you need to grab those elite RBs when you can, but it locks you out of the top QB and TE options. My main goal was to try and grab value and not reach on needs. I think I did a fair job of executing that plan, but I certainly took more risk than usual and I certainly made a few wild picks.

QB - R.Fitzpatrick@7.01, RG3@8.14

If I learned anything with this draft it is that I'm higher on the Buffalo pass O than most this year (maybe anyone). Fitz and Gailey made great strides with the Buffalo O last year. Looking forward to year 3 with an actual off season. Buffalo runs more WR3+ than anyone and I see Fitz as under-rated this year. He was a small reach at 7.01, but as the last to take a QB I had to make my move. RG3 was well below ADP and should be a fun pairing with some rushing points and garbage time passing yards.

RB - A.Foster@1.01, J.Charles@2.14, A.Green@15.01

A super stud and 2 guys coming off knee repair. Crazy? Maybe, but if Charles returns to form I have a great 1-2 punch. Green was well below ADP and seems as solid as any back in a committee this year, especially in that awesome GB O. LOTS of reception points here. So happy, I ran with only 3.

WR - AJ.Green@3.01, V.Jax@4.14, S.Johnson@5.01, M.Crabtree@9.01, D.Nelson@12.14, J.Gordon@17.01

I wanted to go strong at WR this year and I think I have a great top 3. All ball hawks and clear target leaders for their club. Crabtree was a solid WR1 in the 9th to start my bench. Smith scared me off the other SF receivers. Have I said I like the Buffalo pass O this year? Reached on Nelson because I didn't trust you guys. Would have taken Jones as well, but my bye week was already a wreck. Skipped on Jean for the same reason. Wanted 2 HR swings in the last 2 rounds and I think Gordon fits the bill as WR6. He should see targets for Cleveland as they play from behind. I think he'll win the WR2 job for the Browns, worse case WR3 and huge red-zone target.

TE - T.Gonzo@6.14, T.Moeaki@13.01, J.Casey@18.14

I posted earlier I was giddy to get Gonzo at the end of the 6th. Made passing on Hernandez at 2/3 feel like a good gamble. I like Moeaki's potentail when healthy. Another injury recovery gamble, but worse I blew the bye week coverage. Should have gone Clark or Kendricks. This dictated a HR cut a TE which came down to E.Moore or Casey. Stats show opportunity is the only thing keeping Casey down and if he gets Dressen's 40 targets (which no expert predicts) he'll be a fine Mr. Irrelivant selection.

PK - M.Crosby@14.14, R.Bullock@16.14

2 kickers on top scoring teams. Bullocks has competition, but I expect the rookie to win the battle.

TD - Pittsburgh@10.14, SanFran@11.01

If I knew everyone else would hold another pass I would have waited one more, but I was happy to get my home town boys and another top D in the 'Niners. Nothing too sweet disappeared that pass, with Ed Dickson and Tim Hightower stinging the most.

I'll just steal the quote from OM, who said it perfectly....

As always, this is one of the best group of competitors there is, and I fully enjoyed the experience. (I had to put a sticky note on the monitor reminding me that there are no guppy's) and curse each one of you for snipping me multiple times.

Well, OK.... I didn't use a sticky note.....

It's way off my usual "safe and sound" path, but I think this team has great potential to come together and make a nice run for me.

As always, looking forward to watching it all play out with you guys over 2012.
Right off the bat, Foster, great first pick, cant stand to see him go anything but #1. Jamaal Charles at 2.14. Seems like he's falling too far these days. Let's see how your other positions shake out with a RB/RB start.AJ GREEN, already being drafted over Roddy, Jordy, Marshall and Cruz... Wow. #17 WR overall on 115 targets, and you draft him at WR7. That's a pretty big leap bro, but to each their own.

VJax at WR23 and Johnson at WR24. That's some set of Wideouts 1/2/3. Only two sets of teams had their 3 WRs before you so your wideouts are sick! This is a tough spot for sure. Its almost impossible to turn down a WR here but we know the QB run is coming.

Tony Gonzo - Man did that QB run ever come or what? Slaughter house bro. The draft was set up nearly perfect to capitalize and dominate. IMO, at this point, if I'm you and I miss that QB run, I pass again and go with a Luck/Flacco type combo later, I just dont think Starks, DWill Brown or Little would make this team scary good with only one deficiency, at QB, but guess what, you went QB and still have 1 deficiency, QB. Kind of how I rationalize it. Griffin/Crabtree is an excellent combo IMO for your team, well done.

Now this I just don't get at all. 10/11 Steelers Niners? Okay, I get that you're trying to start a run and all, but what a backfire, only 1 defense off the board in 28 more picks. Those two picks COULD have been, Blackmon and Rudolph or Quizz. Instead, tell him what he's won Pat, David Nelson and Moeaki. I guess I'm just not a big fan of defenses, maybe I'm completely wrong and it pays to have good defenses, but I can't think of anytime of the 3 titles I took in this thing that I overpaid for a defense, not once, I find it fascinating that you're rolling the dice with 3 RBS on the roster in a H2H league. Bye weeks you'll have 1 starting RB likely right?

Regardless of all that, your starting lineup is sick Fitz/Foster/Charles/Green/Vjax/Johnson/Gonzo/Crosby/Niners That team when healthy and on all cylinders in a set lineup league will be a force to reckon with. I just think you missed the opportunity to take full advantage of what the Best Ball mentality is all about. Good luck my man, love those starters! Sorry I missed you first time around.

That's funny that my team is ranked 3 & 4. I use DD and factor in Dodds at about 20%. Many times I don't do what it says, but I'm comforted knowing how far from the FBG experts I'm going. I have a lot of respect for FBG and sometimes wonder how stupid I'm going to feel if I'm wrong and the answer was given to me.

PS: Murray would have been sweet, but 4 picks away.

Shadowmaster Self Analysis

Hard to complain about the top spot, but it did trash the plan I had in mind going in. I think you need to grab those elite RBs when you can, but it locks you out of the top QB and TE options. My main goal was to try and grab value and not reach on needs. I think I did a fair job of executing that plan, but I certainly took more risk than usual and I certainly made a few wild picks.

QB - R.Fitzpatrick@7.01, RG3@8.14

If I learned anything with this draft it is that I'm higher on the Buffalo pass O than most this year (maybe anyone). Fitz and Gailey made great strides with the Buffalo O last year. Looking forward to year 3 with an actual off season. Buffalo runs more WR3+ than anyone and I see Fitz as under-rated this year. He was a small reach at 7.01, but as the last to take a QB I had to make my move. RG3 was well below ADP and should be a fun pairing with some rushing points and garbage time passing yards.

RB - A.Foster@1.01, J.Charles@2.14, A.Green@15.01

A super stud and 2 guys coming off knee repair. Crazy? Maybe, but if Charles returns to form I have a great 1-2 punch. Green was well below ADP and seems as solid as any back in a committee this year, especially in that awesome GB O. LOTS of reception points here. So happy, I ran with only 3.

WR - AJ.Green@3.01, V.Jax@4.14, S.Johnson@5.01, M.Crabtree@9.01, D.Nelson@12.14, J.Gordon@17.01

I wanted to go strong at WR this year and I think I have a great top 3. All ball hawks and clear target leaders for their club. Crabtree was a solid WR1 in the 9th to start my bench. Smith scared me off the other SF receivers. Have I said I like the Buffalo pass O this year? Reached on Nelson because I didn't trust you guys. Would have taken Jones as well, but my bye week was already a wreck. Skipped on Jean for the same reason. Wanted 2 HR swings in the last 2 rounds and I think Gordon fits the bill as WR6. He should see targets for Cleveland as they play from behind. I think he'll win the WR2 job for the Browns, worse case WR3 and huge red-zone target.

TE - T.Gonzo@6.14, T.Moeaki@13.01, J.Casey@18.14

I posted earlier I was giddy to get Gonzo at the end of the 6th. Made passing on Hernandez at 2/3 feel like a good gamble. I like Moeaki's potentail when healthy. Another injury recovery gamble, but worse I blew the bye week coverage. Should have gone Clark or Kendricks. This dictated a HR cut a TE which came down to E.Moore or Casey. Stats show opportunity is the only thing keeping Casey down and if he gets Dressen's 40 targets (which no expert predicts) he'll be a fine Mr. Irrelivant selection.

PK - M.Crosby@14.14, R.Bullock@16.14

2 kickers on top scoring teams. Bullocks has competition, but I expect the rookie to win the battle.

TD - Pittsburgh@10.14, SanFran@11.01

If I knew everyone else would hold another pass I would have waited one more, but I was happy to get my home town boys and another top D in the 'Niners. Nothing too sweet disappeared that pass, with Ed Dickson and Tim Hightower stinging the most.

I'll just steal the quote from OM, who said it perfectly....

As always, this is one of the best group of competitors there is, and I fully enjoyed the experience. (I had to put a sticky note on the monitor reminding me that there are no guppy’s) and curse each one of you for snipping me multiple times.

Well, OK.... I didn't use a sticky note.....

It's way off my usual "safe and sound" path, but I think this team has great potential to come together and make a nice run for me.

As always, looking forward to watching it all play out with you guys over 2012.
QB - I don't mind Fitzpatrick paired with RGIII if you decided you would rather be stronger at all the other skill positions.....BUTRB - having only three - especially when one of those is a not a starter is a real mistake IMO. Adding a fourth RB would have been a lot more important than taking the first two DSTs off the board or taking a third TE (or a sixth WR)

TE - I like Gonzo a lot as well - I think he is being undervalued this year which doesn't make sense when he is the third receiver on a team we know is going to throw MORE than last year when he had very good numbers. Obviously the Moeaki pick was a brain fart which you felt forced you to reach for a guy who might not even score in Week 7

Overall a good team but the lack of another RB could certainly lose you a few games during the season

AJ GREEN, already being drafted over Roddy, Jordy, Marshall and Cruz... Wow. #17 WR overall on 115 targets, and you draft him at WR7. That's a pretty big leap bro, but to each their own.
Green is getting alot of love from the FBG staff (currently 6th in ppr). I guess I bought in based on:White: Jones could take over and Green has no White to take targets.Nelson: Targets go everywhere in GB and a nominal TD drop changes his production too much.Marshall: Saw enough of that head case in recent seasons. Not for me.Cruz: STRONGLY considered, both over and paired with Green. Took Charles because I couldn't pass on the posibilites of the monster backfield this could pan out too.Took AJ over the Salsa King because AJ has less competition for targets. Neither has much track record.
Now this I just don't get at all. 10/11 Steelers Niners? Okay, I get that you're trying to start a run and all, but what a backfire, only 1 defense off the board in 28 more picks.
It was really more of a miscalculation. For once in the draft I wanted to be ahead of the run for TeamD, but I mistimed when they would start to go. They typically start to go in round 10 of survivor, but of course we have 2 less teams. So, DUH 20 less picks and I jumped the gun by a mile.Moeaki was my worst pick. Can't believe I made the rookie mistake of forgetting to verify the bye weeks. :nerd:

AJ GREEN, already being drafted over Roddy, Jordy, Marshall and Cruz... Wow. #17 WR overall on 115 targets, and you draft him at WR7. That's a pretty big leap bro, but to each their own.
Green is getting alot of love from the FBG staff (currently 6th in ppr). I guess I bought in based on:White: Jones could take over and Green has no White to take targets.Nelson: Targets go everywhere in GB and a nominal TD drop changes his production too much.Marshall: Saw enough of that head case in recent seasons. Not for me.Cruz: STRONGLY considered, both over and paired with Green. Took Charles because I couldn't pass on the posibilites of the monster backfield this could pan out too.Took AJ over the Salsa King because AJ has less competition for targets. Neither has much track record.
Now this I just don't get at all. 10/11 Steelers Niners? Okay, I get that you're trying to start a run and all, but what a backfire, only 1 defense off the board in 28 more picks.
It was really more of a miscalculation. For once in the draft I wanted to be ahead of the run for TeamD, but I mistimed when they would start to go. They typically start to go in round 10 of survivor, but of course we have 2 less teams. So, DUH 20 less picks and I jumped the gun by a mile.Moeaki was my worst pick. Can't believe I made the rookie mistake of forgetting to verify the bye weeks. :nerd:
You can call him your worst pick, but you like the guy, so maybe it costs you a loss, maybe not. I would not call a pick that late your worst. He may have a great season, he looked special his rookie year. I still don't think I'm sold to see AJ Green become the #7 WR in the league year two with Andy Dalton. Could it happen? Maybe, but I think we'll see a bigger uptick from Gresham than Green. IF AJ Green is in the calibre of Fitz etc, then he can defy the odds, Fitz in only his 2nd year, put up 100 1400 and 10, but his QBs (Warner and McCown) threw for over 4500 yards that year. Maybe Dalton who showed alot last year, rises to the occasion. Bottom line is this, Green is not a bad pick at 7 in redraft, I think I have him somewhere around there, after a few of what you listed. Good exercise!

Cutler Chi Luck Ind

Matthews SD Sproles NO Scott Cin Pead STL James SF

SMoss Was Lloyd NE Floyd SD JNelson GB Bennett Chi Little Cle

Davis SF Miller Pit

Bryant Atl Scobee Jax

Hou

QBs are solid but not stellar. Waited too long on RB3. If I had a do over I wouldve grabbed another RB where I took Vernon. I like my WR crew but not in love with them. TEs are ok. im less than thrilled with this team. I really liked the back end of this draft and felt I was always missing out on talent to the bottom half. Blah.

Hey Reunion boys, join us tonight!

This week's RAPID FIRE is from the emerging TIGHT END position -

So, you missed the big named guys, Gronk, Graham, Witten, Hernandez, Finley and VD. Heck somebody even grabbed Fred Davis, Gonzo and Pettigrew. What do you do?

You NEED to take 2 of the following, you're ON THE CLOCK, what do you do?

J Cook, J Tamme, J Gresham, G Olsen & B Celek

RANK EM! Hit us up on Twitter @Redblueradio

SHOW AT 11PM TONIGHT!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fparadio/2012/07/21/red-vs-blue--tight-end-rapid-fire-brian-harwood-sbffc

Is Ravenz or the auto-system making these picks? 5RBs in 7 picks seems excessive in our score 2 format.
I just noticed this as well. That is not good
well guys, I've never had such a cluster-F@*& of a draft in my life!!! :wall: lost power early in the draft while I had "Auto draft--all rounds" on, ergo the "Grouse-like RB run" stocking 5 RB's in 7 roundsthen a computer glich w/home unit, followed by Wifi issues @the vaca home @the beach last weekend...thought I had 5WR's so I told rzrback just to fill me out w/2 K's...only had 4WR's :rant: so, here's to hoping the 5 RB's(score 2) have some HUGE games while my 4WR's (score 3) just make it thru the year w/o being a)arrested or b)KO'd early in the season for the year:worstdraftEVER!:

Is Ravenz or the auto-system making these picks? 5RBs in 7 picks seems excessive in our score 2 format.
I just noticed this as well. That is not good
well guys, I've never had such a cluster-F@*& of a draft in my life!!! :wall: lost power early in the draft while I had "Auto draft--all rounds" on, ergo the "Grouse-like RB run" stocking 5 RB's in 7 roundsthen a computer glich w/home unit, followed by Wifi issues @the vaca home @the beach last weekend...thought I had 5WR's so I told rzrback just to fill me out w/2 K's...only had 4WR's :rant: so, here's to hoping the 5 RB's(score 2) have some HUGE games while my 4WR's (score 3) just make it thru the year w/o being a)arrested or b)KO'd early in the season for the year:worstdraftEVER!:
Marketing a new............................................ :ptts:

Cutler Chi Luck IndMatthews SD Sproles NO Scott Cin Pead STL James SFSMoss Was Lloyd NE Floyd SD JNelson GB Bennett Chi Little CleDavis SF Miller PitBryant Atl Scobee JaxHouQBs are solid but not stellar. Waited too long on RB3. If I had a do over I wouldve grabbed another RB where I took Vernon. I like my WR crew but not in love with them. TEs are ok. im less than thrilled with this team. I really liked the back end of this draft and felt I was always missing out on talent to the bottom half. Blah.
2-0 with sproles my only scoring rb so far. really #### the bed on rb3.need matthews back pronto

0-2 with avg margain of defeat at 5 points.....

Rodgers not living up to his 1st round draft selection....

and I have Hernandez.....

and Starks

and Hillman

and Vincent Brown

and Devery Henderson

and Danrious Moore

and 1 PK

I suck

I was looking at this:

Playoff Picture - If the Season Ended Today

1. FIDDLES

bye

5. OLD MILWAUKEE (wildcard - 1448.85 pts)

4. PICTUS CAT (wildcard - 1504.25 pts)

3. SHADOWMASTER (wildcard - 1545.80 pts)

6. RADBALLS (wildcard - 1431.90 pts)

2. CAPT HOOK

bye

I do not think this is correct. IIRC it should be top 2 Points For from EACH division. Those teams should be paired. No FREAKS vs. ADDICTS until the championship game.

Users who are viewing this thread