What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Teams & Discourse (1 Viewer)

my first year here so forgive me......but...

how does Fiddles not make it into the top six with a 9-4 record....?

the playoffs rules seem a little jacked....it says 8 teams make it.....only 6 have....and then it says the 4 wildcard get in on points instead of record..?

Playoffs

•Playoff bracket will automatically be seeded.

•Playoff bracket will be up to 8 Teams / 3 Weeks

•Division winners automatically qualify for the playoffs.

•4 wilcard teams qualify based on total points scored.

•Playoff bracket seeded by standings.

so really the only reason to even keep "records" or even have "head to head matchups" is to determine division winners....?....even though you could win the division (by record) with less points then people behind you....so the points don't matter....but then they do matter more then record later when determining wild cards.....not complaining and no big deal, but I have never seen this done....ever....kind weird....and if I am Fiddles, I would be pretty ticked.....but good luck to all...

there should be some benefit to having the second best record in the league.....

Last edited by a moderator:
my first year here so forgive me......but...

how does Fiddles not make it into the top six with a 9-4 record....?

the playoffs rules seem a little jacked....it says 8 teams make it.....only 6 have....and then it says the 4 wildcard get in on points instead of record..?

Playoffs

•Playoff bracket will automatically be seeded.

•Playoff bracket will be up to 8 Teams / 3 Weeks

•Division winners automatically qualify for the playoffs.

•4 wilcard teams qualify based on total points scored.

•Playoff bracket seeded by standings.

so really the only reason to even keep "records" or even have "head to head matchups" is to determine division winners....?....even though you could win the division (by record) with less points then people behind you....so the points don't matter....but then they do matter more then record later when determining wild cards.....not complaining and no big deal, but I have never seen this done....ever....kind weird....and if I am Fiddles, I would be pretty ticked.....but good luck to all...

there should be some benefit to having the second best record in the league.....
Like everything else around here, in past years this was always scored by Twilight. I didn't set the RTS site up, so I'm not sure what got ported into there during setup.The playoff rules have always been - division winners based on records get byes.

Top two Points For from each division get the wild card.

Matchups are based on division (not seeded), until the FREAKS and ADDICT division winners face off for the title.

I don't know who originally came up with the format. Family Matters would be my guess. I do know they have never changed.

This is far from your traditional league, so you can view it as a non-traditional playoff format.

I have the lowest point total in the Freaks division but am the only undefeated team

:ninja:
The magic of H2H
:unsure: and if I understand this correctly.....razor at (9-4) and the last seed (6)...was only 17 points away from being bumped out of the playoffs by (5-8) Valence.....?
The site was wrong. It's been corrected now. RADBALLS vs OLD MILWAUKEE

CAPT.HOOK vs VALENCE

congrats to Valence for advancing ..............would have been more fun if I didn't have four players out for the season but them's the breaks

Obviously I'm not impartial but agree let's make this full H2H next year. Why have the format H2H all year only to scrap it for who gets into the playoffs?

I must agree that it is disappointing to finish really on a strong run and scored 180s this weekend after being eliminated.

Them's the breaks though. Still enjoyed the season greatly and hanging with all of y'all during the season. :football:

Whatwhatwhat!?

I havent checked in for a couple weeks. I assumed I was out of it after dropping like 4 straight to end the season. Sorry Hook! I will agree that a 5-8 team making it in over a 9-4 team is kind of ridiculous but ill take it!

A win next week gets me into the superbowl for the 3rd time (previously lost both games to TL but maybe since he is out I have a shot).

GL next week SM!

hey Reunion guys...I just wanted to bump this cause I woke up this morning remembering that there was something that just didn't quite seem right about this league last year.....and couldn't quite remember...

it was the playoff format...

can somebody please clarify/explain the format...before we tee this bad boy up next week

this is what I saw happen last year...I think....but not sure if I am reading it right

H2H all regular season

division winners with best H2H record get into the playoffs and get byes.....(even if their total points ends up being less then everybody else)

but after that...H2H record means absolutely nothing

next 4 total points get in.....

Ref it will depend on how many teams we have BUT this IS a H2H league so that will be the first Q regardless of number of teams - then total points for final qualifier(s)

Ref it will depend on how many teams we have BUT this IS a H2H league so that will be the first Q regardless of number of teams - then total points for final qualifier(s)
so it is possible for say a 9-5 team that finishes second in their division to 10-4 team to not make the playoffs if a 6-8 team has more total points then them...?

I'm actually okay with this in a best ball format, but just wanted to make sure....

im with ref lets change it. its BS and makes no sense to have H2H for regular season but points for playoff seeds

it should be record based for the regular season AND the playoff seeds

Well at the moment we are at 13 teams - no easy way to divide into divisions but easy enough to schedule thirteen weeks where you play the other twelve teams and in your off week play against the league average for W or L. If we do that it seems to me to make sense to take the top three H2H records and then unless ties take the fourth team with most total regular season points as a hedge against somebody having a great team who managed to play a couple of other teams in their best week. It is only for ONE team

I like our blend of H2H and total points format. We play H2H, so record has to be first and give the bye, but afterward I think that total points is the better indicator in determining the better wild card teams.

Okay we are all ready to draft

PLEASE visit the site - hey maybe predraft - set to Instant 1 NOT auto or Fail-safe

hello league mates,

I have never used RTS. I have been looking at it and just wanted to talk to someone who has used it before. If you have a5-10 minutes prior to the draft, can you message me? I would appreciate it. I want to make sure i pre-draft correctly and not hold things up.

peace

hello league mates,

I have never used RTS. I have been looking at it and just wanted to talk to someone who has used it before. If you have a5-10 minutes prior to the draft, can you message me? I would appreciate it. I want to make sure i pre-draft correctly and not hold things up.

peace
I will do my best, pm me info. Mostly available (connected) 7-10am and 2-3pm EDST.

OldMilwaukee said:
teamramrod said:
hello league mates,

peace
I will do my best, pm me info. Mostly available (connected) 7-10am and 2-3pm EDST.
Hook hooked me up.

see what I did there?

But thank you and btw, you were the first beer i ever tasted. And you also almost me made me a Mormon.

peace

Reunion league about to finish the 3rd round in it's first day of drafting

(that is how the survivor leagues should do it)

Question is how far into the fourth round will we get tonight?

GOOD JOB MEN

I am back - PMing Ramrod - if someone can text him that may help - he is at work though

not complaining....so please don't take it as such......but can we get some final clarification on what will happen come playoff time....

per some of the posts above....including where I cut and pasted some stuff from previous league rules

1. it looks like we used to have two divisions and the two division winners automatically made it in based on record.....but now we only have one big division?

2. it looks like 6 teams used to make the playoffs (2 division winners and then next 4 high scorers) but I see a reference in Hook's post #527, that now we are just one big division and top 3 H2H records get in and then only the next (1) high scorer.....meaning only 4 playoff teams.....

is his suggestion of 3 top H2H records and then only one other team making the playoffs set in stone....did we make a final decision on this.....

personally I would like to see it where we still have 6 teams make the playoffs not just 4.....

maybe top two H2H records....which would be like what would normally be division winners (if we had divisions) and then next 4 highest scorers.....just IMO

thanks....

Stinkin Ref said:
maybe top two H2H records....which would be like what would normally be division winners (if we had divisions) and then next 4 highest scorers.....just IMO
Not to be critical, but that is exactly how it was (and always had been) before you guys started yelling to use H2H and not total points.

Top 2 H2H in each division got the bye week

Next 2 per division (based on total points) played the wild card week

Not to be critical, but that is exactly how it was (and always had been) before you guys started yelling to use H2H and not total points.

Top 2 H2H in each division got the bye week

Next 2 per division (based on total points) played the wild card week
thats why I said it would be like it normally was...top 2 by record....then next 4 by points....(but now top 3 is being suggested above)....

and to be fair.....nobody was yelling...for me, it was my first year last year and, as has been indicated, this is kind of an unusual playoff format (I had never seen it before)....the question wasn't with the two division winners getting in by record.....it was that potentially a 5-8 team could possible get in over a 9-4 team or whatever....(which almost happened last year).....

and as indicated in post #525....in a best ball format I am ok with rewarding total points in some way.....so I really don't have a problem with the way it has always been....I'm just trying to get clarification if we are doing it the same as last year or different...although it's already a little different with one division instead of two.....

the questions now are:

1. we only have one big division.....so is it still top 2 by record and next 4 total points....or is it top 3 by record and then next 3 by points

2. are 6 getting in like it has always been ..or only 4.....like Hook references above

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread