What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rick and Morty on Adult Swim (1 Viewer)

I know you said you usually wait until Friday but I'd make an exception for this most recent episode. It is seriously one of the best 22 minute episodes of TV I have ever seen. You'll want to watch it more than once anyhow. 

I know you said you usually wait until Friday but I'd make an exception for this most recent episode. It is seriously one of the best 22 minute episodes of TV I have ever seen. You'll want to watch it more than once anyhow. 
:thumbup:  Looking forward to it but I'll wait. I always watch them more than once anyway. I haven't deleted any from this season yet.

Next week is going to be fire as well.

This show is amazing, especially after you get high.

Finally binge watched this this summer. ####### hilarious. Best show I've seen in years. I've been watching the new ones each week since.

Caught a couple of episodes last week in a hotel during a cross country trip.  Had never watched it before (which is weird, since it's in my wheelhouse).  Absolutely loved it, plus I pretty much know it's great, because my bride rolled her eyes and could not leave the room fast enough when the 2nd episode started..

People ask me to describe this show cause on the surface it looks like a BTTF spoof. I basically say its Doctor Who if the Doctor was a complete ####### #######.  Anything is possible but it's usually bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
People ask me to describe this show cause on the surface it looks like a BTTF spoof. I basically say its Doctor Who if the Doctor was a complete ####### #######.  Anything is possible but it's usually bad.
I avoided the show originally because a millennial coworker described it as "a super-smart time-travel show for gamer nerds" and "like Robot Chicken but with real science instead of '80s pop culture references".

I avoided the show originally because a millennial coworker described it as "a super-smart time-travel show for gamer nerds" and "like Robot Chicken but with real science instead of '80s pop culture references".
You should avoid your coworker.

You should avoid your coworker.
I do, I do.

Another reason I avoided the show originally was because he said "I like it because they don't even care about continuity! It's so refreshing to see a TV show where anything can happen."

But that turned out to be a very narrow-minded assessment of the show. It does have continuity. The characters are extremely well-defined and well-written, and they are consistently able to stay true to themselves.

It's true that Rick manages to destroy something significant every other episode (and then everything is magically back to normal the next week), but that's a minor irregularity.

Freeze-frame on the floating bodies in space at the end of this week's episode. There are some photographs which reveal the identity of President Morty.

(pretty sure most of you had a pretty good idea who it was gonna be)

Freeze-frame on the floating bodies in space at the end of this week's episode. There are some photographs which reveal the identity of President Morty.

(pretty sure most of you had a pretty good idea who it was gonna be)
Yea knew who he was the moment he spoke.

I just heard about this show and binged all three seasons.  It is amazing.  Next step is to watch all three seasons again.  I feel like I missed so much with only one viewing. 
You definitely did. They pack so many Easter eggs and call backs into these episodes it's ridiculous.

I'm only through Season 1, Ep. 5, but that show is really quite something. The belching and drool of Rick can be hard to get over, and you feel bad for Morty, but I feel like it's getting more fleshed out.  

I'm only through Season 1, Ep. 5, but that show is really quite something. The belching and drool of Rick can be hard to get over, and you feel bad for Morty, but I feel like it's getting more fleshed out.  
Jealous...so much greatness ahead.

Jealous...so much greatness ahead.
Cool. It keeps getting better as season one keeps moving along. 

Run The Jewels actually caused me to take notice, as did this board. I think Rick and Morty are posing with the RTJ chain on a t shirt or something.  

Cool. It keeps getting better as season one keeps moving along. 

Run The Jewels actually caused me to take notice, as did this board. I think Rick and Morty are posing with the RTJ chain on a t shirt or something.  
The next episode, Rick Potion #9 is one of the shows best.

Oh man, episode 6 is really something. It goes to another level from there. 

I'm beginning to think the recommendation to watch this show is overblown. I loved some of its elements; not sure I want to deal with all the adjunct gamer crap that goes along with it. It's not that revolutionary, even though it's really good.  

BTW, when I saw McDonald's was doing the szechuan sauce special today, I checked the website. I saw only one McDs in Los Angeles was getting the sauce. I immediately knew it was going to be a disaster. 

I warned everyone in the office to stay away from that neighborhood. I was right. 

1000 fans camped out for the sauce by morning. By the afternoon lines were massive. McDonald's shipped 50 packets. Not pallets. 50 little packets. People are nearly rioting. Police had to be called. Children are crying. The employees have been holding back the sauce to sell to the highest bidder, starting at $50 a packet. 

What a corporate screw up. This is the worst in a while. 
Wow. This was really that earnest? 

That's pretty sad.  

How does it take them a year, year-and-a-half to work these out? It's just copy-paste from what they've already done.
Ever worked on a production?  Particularly one involving animation? 

Even if they were just rehashing everything in exactly the manner you're outlining, those episodes aren't getting animated in just a couple of days each.  More like several weeks each (depending on the size of the team they're throwing at this.  IIRC, a fairly large Canadian outfit handles the animation production, but I'd bet it's still a couple weeks of work for the artists per episode ).  That doesn't include and pre- and post-production, VO work, etc, etc, that's necessary either. 

Just cuz the show sort of looks like a kid's coloring book doesn't mean it's easy or fast to pull off just the "wrench" work needed to get the story onto the screen, even if the writers were totally mailing it in.

:lmao:

I was being sarcastic, in that I took 5 minutes to come up with a season the fans would love. 

But, yeah, I kind of know a bit about how tv shows are made... I do work for the largest TV studio in the country and help oversee about 50 prime time shows... Including some that include animation ;)
I miss the television cancellation show thread already, even though I only participated once. 

Fun stuff. I bet against Chicago emergency shows. Bad, bad, bad, bad move.

:lmao:

I was being sarcastic, in that I took 5 minutes to come up with a season the fans would love. 

But, yeah, I kind of know a bit about how tv shows are made... I do work for the largest TV studio in the country and help oversee about 50 prime time shows... Including some that include animation ;)
Sorry, I didn't get a copy of your credentials.

You can ignore me.  I have worked on/work on productions and was just sharing.

I miss the television cancellation show thread already, even though I only participated once. 

Fun stuff. I bet against Chicago emergency shows. Bad, bad, bad, bad move.
Yeah, I think Chicago Fire might have killed me one year.

I've only started watching this year. I'd have forgotten about it if I had to wait that long between seasons. Now that I'm hooked though, I'll be happy when it comes back.

I'm beginning to think the recommendation to watch this show is overblown. I loved some of its elements; not sure I want to deal with all the adjunct gamer crap that goes along with it. It's not that revolutionary, even though it's really good.  

I agree that rickandmorty is a terrible sub on reddit, but that doesn’t detract from what a great show it is. You don’t have to take part in that crap to enjoy the show. It would be dumb to let that stuff keep you from watching it

I agree that rickandmorty is a terrible sub on reddit, but that doesn’t detract from what a great show it is. You don’t have to take part in that crap to enjoy the show. It would be dumb to let that stuff keep you from watching it
True. That would be an overreaction. It just detracts from what might be a great show otherwise. Just spitballing, I guess. I'm going to keep watching it.  

Through 8 episodes of season 1 and woof...I don't get the hype. It's not horrible but I don't see the appeal either. I'll stick with it since there are only 3 seasons.   

Actually, just got done watching the episode where they watch cable tv and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen. 

Through 8 episodes of season 1 and woof...I don't get the hype. It's not horrible but I don't see the appeal either. 

Actually, just got done watching the episode where they watch cable tv and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen. 
That's why humor is subjective. 

How can you not laugh at 2 brothers?

That's why humor is subjective. 

How can you not laugh at 2 brothers?
I dunno. Just seemed forced. I didn't like the meesaw episode either...at all. 

I did watch a few out of order and laughed at the save summer episode. 

Users who are viewing this thread