What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rick and Morty on Adult Swim (1 Viewer)

I dunno. Just seemed forced. I didn't like the meesaw episode either...at all. 

I did watch a few out of order and laughed at the save summer episode. 
No big deal. Humor is the most subjective form of entertainment. This show is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Conversely I don't laugh at all on a show like Curb your enthusiasm. I find myself eyerolling most of the time. 

No big deal. Humor is the most subjective form of entertainment. This show is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Conversely I don't laugh at all on a show like Curb your enthusiasm. I find myself eyerolling most of the time. 
I haven't liked the first two episodes of curb this year. 

Best comedy I've ever seen (surprise!) is Simpsons seasons 3-7, but I'm just bummed I'm not into this. 

I haven't liked the first two episodes of curb this year. 

Best comedy I've ever seen (surprise!) is Simpsons seasons 3-7, but I'm just bummed I'm not into this. 
Agree on Simpsons. 

As for R&M, look past the gross out humor and **** jokes and try to see the subtle satire (and not so subtle) they throw in every where. 

Did you watch the Pluto episode yet? The butter robot conversation just kills me.

Agree on Simpsons. 

As for R&M, look past the gross out humor and **** jokes and try to see the subtle satire (and not so subtle) they throw in every where. 

Did you watch the Pluto episode yet? The butter robot conversation just kills me.
Just started it. 

Through 8 episodes of season 1 and woof...I don't get the hype. It's not horrible but I don't see the appeal either. I'll stick with it since there are only 3 seasons.   

Actually, just got done watching the episode where they watch cable tv and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen. 
My feelings were very similar to yours through the first few episodes. But it gets better. And once the show "clicks" with you, then you'll want to go back and re-watch the first season a couple more times, as I did. Every episode has too many jokes and gags to catch in a single viewing.

Agree on Simpsons. 

This was good. Loved the conversations with the devil. :lmao:  

I've only caught a few if these but liked them.  Is it something I should start from the beginning or can I just watch any episode? 
I'm through the first 9 episodes but the hardest I've laughed was one I watched out of order from season 3. There's only a few main characters. 

I've only caught a few if these but liked them.  Is it something I should start from the beginning or can I just watch any episode? 
Any episode is fine. They have a loose plot throughout and they make a ton of call backs but each episode is hilarious on its on.

I think the first episode I ever watched was the one with the parasites that invade your memories. I was like, this is a cool sci fi concept and funny as hell.

Yeah I like the show, but I'm not going to have anything to do with those dip####s.
When you just assume Reddit is a bunch of 22 year old neckbeard shut-ins, it makes it a lot easier to wrap your head around things. Wife and I saw John Mulaney two weeks ago (hilarious), but across the street was an anime convention. I’d assume that convention and Reddit overlapped by about 98%.  It was amazing seeing these people out in the wild for the first time. 

Nah.

Look, they get, what, 10 episodes a year? Are they all going to be fanservice?

Ooh, they HAVE to do a Meeseeks episode! Sure, he was a partially funny one-off gag on a show built out of one-off gags, but, yay meeseeks!!! Callback to something I remember!!

And a Mr Poopybutthole episode! For the same reason.

And another episode of the Vindicators! Noobnoob's revenge!

And another intergalactic cable clip show (because the writers need a week off after only doing 10 episodes a year)! Or, maybe Summer's Mind Blowers next time!

And we need to go to the Citadel of Ricks, and find out what is going on with Evil Morty!

And Mr Gearhead has to come back too!

And we have to find out what happened with Birdperson!

OK, there's 7 episodes. Now they do a Morty/Jessica story, a Summer adventure with Rick, and, I dunno, Rick turns himself into a gourd of some sort next time. Done. There's your 10 episodes, which the drooling fans will give 10/10 ratings to on the imdb until their fingers bleed. They couldn't be happier (as long as no women get writing credits, apparently). 

How does it take them a year, year-and-a-half to work these out? It's just copy-paste from what they've already done.
I love the intergalactic cable ones though.  No idea how this stuff takes them so long

Actually, just got done watching the episode where they watch cable tv and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen. 
I didn't care much for that episode either.  I liked the Morty's mind blowers version much better.  Morty's mind blowers is in the conversation for my favorite episode. 

When you just assume Reddit is a bunch of 22 year old neckbeard shut-ins, it makes it a lot easier to wrap your head around things. Wife and I saw John Mulaney two weeks ago (hilarious), but across the street was an anime convention. I’d assume that convention and Reddit overlapped by about 98%.  It was amazing seeing these people out in the wild for the first time. 
It really depends on the sub. They shouldn't all be painted with the same brush.

Wendy's has been roasting McDonald's on twitter over this mess. Whoever runs the Wendy's twitter handle needs a raise. 

The look on the Croco-bot when half that guy's bloody carcass was flying around was the hardest I've laughed yet. 

Watched it all. Found it to be more dark than knee-slapping funny. I enjoyed it and am glad I watched it but really didn't find it all that funny. There were funny bits, but not as a whole. 

The episode in season 3 with all the Rick and Morty's at the Counsel of Ricks was an amazing 25 minutes. 

Watched it all. Found it to be more dark than knee-slapping funny. I enjoyed it and am glad I watched it but really didn't find it all that funny. There were funny bits, but not as a whole. 

The episode in season 3 with all the Rick and Morty's at the Counsel of Ricks was an amazing 25 minutes. 
You definitely have to be into dark humor to enjoy a lot of it. But for the most part I think that type of epsiode is what they are ultimately going for.

I think the first episode I ever watched was the one with the parasites that invade your memories. I was like, this is a cool sci fi concept and funny as hell.
If there is a new person that I'm trying to introduce to the show, that's the episode I suggest.  It's just so awesome.

yeah, the first episode I ever saw was the Mr. Meeseeks episode.  Holy crap, I was like "what the fresh hell is this?"

The Interdimensional Cable episodes are like clip shows. You have the "B team" write a bunch of unrelated scenes that have absolutely nothing to do with Rick or Morty, you slap on a few minutes of Rick commenting on it, and you get to count that as a full episode towards whatever you owe the network. It's cheap filler.

The Mind Blowers episode was a much more clever method of doing it. You're still creating filler, but it's chock full of Rick & Morty filling.

And you can jan that michael to the vincent bank, brohans.

The Interdimensional Cable episodes are like clip shows. You have the "B team" write a bunch of unrelated scenes that have absolutely nothing to do with Rick or Morty, you slap on a few minutes of Rick commenting on it, and you get to count that as a full episode towards whatever you owe the network. It's cheap filler.

The Mind Blowers episode was a much more clever method of doing it. You're still creating filler, but it's chock full of Rick & Morty filling.

This is 100% fair but there are some homeruns sprinkled in there as well.  

I think a lot of it is straight improvised. 

Did season 3 ever git gud?  I loved the first two seasons but the first episode of s03 made it look like Rick & Morty's fedora culture finally caught up with Roiland/Harmon.  Wasn't funny at all.  

Users who are viewing this thread