What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Road To The 2018 Triple Crown - 5/10: Justy Back On (The) Track, Ruis Will Ship Bolty/Duck The Rain ** (1 Viewer)

Bumping is as legal & necessary in horse-racing as in basketball, Mr P. It's "taking the path" of another horse that is the foul.

btw, how's your daughter? best of luck to her there -
Gotta be honest I always thought that was a foul, but I don't follow closely at all.

She's good, just benign polyps. Starts physical therapy tomorrow, hoping to be singing again by fall.

Gotta be honest I always thought that was a foul, but I don't follow closely at all.
It's a judgement call for the stewards by reviewing the tape 

They can either announce a "stewards inquiry" from something they saw or the jockey can lodge an "objection" which leads to the stewards reviewing.

I've seen stuff that imo should have easily lead to a disqualification not lead to any changes and I've seen stuff that was nothing Imo lead to disqualifications.

Good Magic's jock must not have thought anything bad happened to his horse or he would have objected for sure in a race this big

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend had a private conversation with Mike Smith after the race and FWIW, Smith said that he didn't push Justify and he had plenty left at the end.
I get it. But slow finishes and bunched up fields don’t often lie. if Smith would have hand rode him to a 2 length victory with no whip I’d believe him. It was 4 necks on the wire. Left handed whipping. Admittedly tired. That is never the recipe to come back in 3 weeks and win the mile and a half Belmont. 

I get it. But slow finishes and bunched up fields don’t often lie. if Smith would have hand rode him to a 2 length victory with no whip I’d believe him. It was 4 necks on the wire. Left handed whipping. Admittedly tired. That is never the recipe to come back in 3 weeks and win the mile and a half Belmont. 
Yeah, I haven't watched a replay yet but it looked like Justy was all out to me

Yeah, I haven't watched a replay yet but it looked like Justy was all out to me
I'm no expert at all on horse racing, but it cannot be easy running in that slop, i would think every horse had to give more and have a lot less left in the tank at the end running in that crap.

Totally agree. Curious to see if my boy Audible runs it back at Belmont or if the connections sit him since he'd be a threat to Justify. Chet, we'll be relying on you for news. :lol:
I am now hearing that there's a chance that Audible runs in the Belmont.  My friend doesn't know and says the decision is above his pay grade.  He would have voted no but there are lots of opinions apparently.

I am now hearing that there's a chance that Audible runs in the Belmont.  My friend doesn't know and says the decision is above his pay grade.  He would have voted no but there are lots of opinions apparently.
Interesting. When you first posted that Audible wasn't running, it just made too much sense. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he does run. 

It's ridiculous.  I relay some private info to the board and some know nothing ####### makes snide remarks.  It's much easier to say nothing.
I don't want to speak for GM, but he's a good dude. Chalk it up to a misunderstanding or a bad moment on his part. I'm always interested to hear what you're hearing. 

It's ridiculous.  I relay some private info to the board and some know nothing ####### makes snide remarks.  It's much easier to say nothing.
I feel you man! GM is normally good people, so don't take it to heart.

Appreciate the insight! Let's go Big Red!

Interesting. When you first posted that Audible wasn't running, it just made too much sense. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he does run. 
I was curious when Justy & Audi werent coupled for wagering (with ownership in common as Chet established) in the Derby and am curious if they will be in the Belmont by NYRA (this is when it would be nice to have a certain someone to ask...). Audible is bred more to be a miler (tho has plenty of classic influences), but it would be nice if the perhaps the greatest NY-bred ever ran in its biggest race.

I was curious when Justy & Audi werent coupled for wagering (with ownership in common as Chet established) in the Derby and am curious if they will be in the Belmont by NYRA (this is when it would be nice to have a certain someone to ask...). Audible is bred more to be a miler (tho has plenty of classic influences), but it would be nice if the perhaps the greatest NY-bred ever ran in its biggest race.
@wikkidpissah, who decides if they're coupled..the owners or the track?

I always assumed it was the owners but after reading your post I'm not so sure 

haven't played horses in a long while so i dont know if it changed. long time ago, all horses with the same trainer had to be coupled - i remember the great Woody Stephens had like 3 of the five entries in the Belmont, so there was only 3 betting entities. about 35 years ago they changed it to common ownership only & i dont know if they've changed it again or not. i was surprised to see the Winstar silks on the two Derby horses & not see them coupled. otb would know......

haven't played horses in a long while so i dont know if it changed. long time ago, all horses with the same trainer had to be coupled - i remember the great Woody Stephens had like 3 of the five entries in the Belmont, so there was only 3 betting entities. about 35 years ago they changed it to common ownership only & i dont know if they've changed it again or not. i was surprised to see the Winstar silks on the two Derby horses & not see them coupled. otb would know......
Interesting , I hadn't even thought of them being coupled until your post.

Thanks

Clear as mud. Looks like they have the ability to run uncoupled but they have discretion 

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/106451/new-york-coupled-entry-rules-modified

I hope Audible goes. Hope it’s a big field. Pretty sure Vino Rosso is the play. Regally bred for this race. Rested.  No chance with the 19 hole in Derby. Pletcher is becoming the new Woody Stephens. Several wins and a couple of nose losses in the Belmont. Just want a fair price. Likely will go 9/2 or 5-1. If Justify wins I’ll tip my cap to him and Baffert. But he won’t be on any of my tickets. 

I hope Audible goes. Hope it’s a big field. Pretty sure Vino Rosso is the play. Regally bred for this race. Rested.  No chance with the 19 hole in Derby. Pletcher is becoming the new Woody Stephens. Several wins and a couple of nose losses in the Belmont. Just want a fair price. Likely will go 9/2 or 5-1. If Justify wins I’ll tip my cap to him and Baffert. But he won’t be on any of my tickets. 
I bet Vino Rosso in the Derby and will likely play him here again too.

Horses - Belmont Stakes - To Win - Jun 09

Run Or Not All Wagers Have Action

American Odds Fractional Odds

Audible +400 4/1

Blended Citizen +1200 12/1

Bravazo +450 9/2

Enticed +4000 40/1

Gronkowski +3500 35/1

Hofburg +700 7/1

Just Whistle +6000 60/1

Justify -125 4/5

Lone Sailor +1200 12/1

My Boy Jack +700 7/1

Solomini +1600 16/1

Tenfold +600 6/1

Vino Rosso +1200 12/1

Free Drop Billy +3000 30/1

Updated May 22, 2018 12:20:13.

Bet US Racing - Official Belmont Stakes Odds. All odds are fixed odds prices.

HEY SENSITIVE SALLY - I DON'T THINK THE BOLDED WORD MEANS WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS.  

Calm down, you little baby.

HEY SENSITIVE SALLY - I DON'T THINK THE BOLDED WORD MEANS WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS.  

Calm down, you little baby.
Despite your idiocy, at least two people vouched for you above and yet here you are continuing your stupidity.  Do yourself a favor and keep your mouth closed, go back and reread the thread slowly and let the adults discuss the Belmont.  

*puffs pipe* Goes without saying that the general malaise in thoroughbred racing is due to all the infernal falderol on the part of the Great Unwashed about "Triple Crown this, Triple Crown that..." et cetera et cetera ad infinitum ad nauseum ergo est. Harumph! *puffs pipe*

ETA: Oh, and it would behoove us....somethingorother

Despite your idiocy, at least two people vouched for you above and yet here you are continuing your stupidity.  Do yourself a favor and keep your mouth closed, go back and reread the thread slowly and let the adults discuss the Belmont.  
:lmao:

So angry....

Look at all these insults!  All I said was that the 'private' conversation your friend had with Mike Smith wasn't very private if it was being broadcast on a message board.  And you've come completely unglued, hurling insults and telling me to go #### myself.  What's wrong with you, man?  I don't need anybody to vouch for me and neither do you.  You know damn well who I am; you were all up in my PM box when you came to Portland so don't you dare try and big time me here with your bull crap.  What have I brought to the table?  #####, I was in horse racing threads long before you.  I called the '03 Derby with Funnycide like a mother ####### boss.  What's your signature win?  Posting a picture of an overserved Joe Pesci?  Over the last handful of years, when posters want a copy of the Racing Form, who gives it to them?  You?  No....me, mother ####er.  Me.  I buy it, I send it over gratis.  What do you do, other than name drop and pretend like your some big swinging **** in the world? 

Maybe take some of your inside info from your buddy's 'private conversation' and win big on the Belmont.  Take those winnings and buy yourself some harder bark.  We've always been able to bust balls in here without somebody getting their panties bunched up.  Unwad them and start peeing standing up.

Did the Chet/GM animus really start in this thread or is there a backstory to which I am not privy?
I asked for a free copy of the DRF and was denied.  

No backstory other than I take offense when anyone insults information I provide--especially privileged information.  

So angry....

Look at all these insults!  All I said was that the 'private' conversation your friend had with Mike Smith wasn't very private if it was being broadcast on a message board.  And you've come completely unglued, hurling insults and telling me to go #### myself.  What's wrong with you, man?  I don't need anybody to vouch for me and neither do you.  You know damn well who I am; you were all up in my PM box when you came to Portland so don't you dare try and big time me here with your bull crap.  What have I brought to the table?  #####, I was in horse racing threads long before you.  I called the '03 Derby with Funnycide like a mother ####### boss.  What's your signature win?  Posting a picture of an overserved Joe Pesci?  Over the last handful of years, when posters want a copy of the Racing Form, who gives it to them?  You?  No....me, mother ####er.  Me.  I buy it, I send it over gratis.  What do you do, other than name drop and pretend like your some big swinging **** in the world? 

Maybe take some of your inside info from your buddy's 'private conversation' and win big on the Belmont.  Take those winnings and buy yourself some harder bark.  We've always been able to bust balls in here without somebody getting their panties bunched up.  Unwad them and start peeing standing up.

In fairness, that wasn't Joe Pesci. 

So angry....

Look at all these insults!  All I said was that the 'private' conversation your friend had with Mike Smith wasn't very private if it was being broadcast on a message board.  And you've come completely unglued, hurling insults and telling me to go #### myself.  What's wrong with you, man?  I don't need anybody to vouch for me and neither do you.  You know damn well who I am; you were all up in my PM box when you came to Portland so don't you dare try and big time me here with your bull crap.  What have I brought to the table?  #####, I was in horse racing threads long before you.  I called the '03 Derby with Funnycide like a mother ####### boss.  What's your signature win?  Posting a picture of an overserved Joe Pesci?  Over the last handful of years, when posters want a copy of the Racing Form, who gives it to them?  You?  No....me, mother ####er.  Me.  I buy it, I send it over gratis.  What do you do, other than name drop and pretend like your* some big swinging **** in the world? 

Who's throwing around insults now?  Busting balls <> questioning the legitimacy of inside info.  The contents of a private conversation with the jockey of the winning KY Derby and Preakness horse >>>>>>>>>> emailing a link to the DRF.  Free DRF :lol:   Can I get a shine with that? :lol:  

I've never claimed to be a BSD but I do know that compared to you, I'm hung like Secretariat. How's that for bark, mother ####er? :lol:    

*you're  

Who's throwing around insults now?  Busting balls <> questioning the legitimacy of inside info.  The contents of a private conversation with the jockey of the winning KY Derby and Preakness horse >>>>>>>>>> emailing a link to the DRF.  Free DRF :lol:   Can I get a shine with that? :lol:  

I've never claimed to be a BSD but I do know that compared to you, I'm hung like Secretariat. How's that for bark, mother ####er? :lol:    

*you're  
I never questioned the legitimacy of your inside info, dumb asssss.  I simply stated that it wasn't very private if it was being broadcast on a fantasy football message board.  

Lofl at "inside info".  Everybody talks their own book.  Why would Mike Smith say anything other than what you posted here?  You treating this inside info as it it's some sort of proprietary trade secret is almost as comical as losing your mind over somebody telling you the word 'private' doesn't mean what you think it means.  

Should I tell Chet there's a difference between sending people the full racing card (which isn't free) and the link to the DRF Race of the Day or should we just let him go on with his tirade?

Should I tell Chet there's a difference between sending people the full racing card (which isn't free) and the link to the DRF Race of the Day or should we just let him go on with his tirade?
No need to explain the difference but please continue your Glory Days 2003 Funnycide story.  Fascinating. :lol:  

It was a hell of a call.  One of many I've made around here.  :bowtie:
Not as good as the 2 AM call you made to me a few years back yelling about testikles bollocks into my voice mail, but it was pretty good.

ETA : If the language filter is going to force me to use "bollocks" rather than the clinical name for balls, I'll go ahead and do it.

Users who are viewing this thread