What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rodgers the most talented QB ever? Not according to Prime Time (1 Viewer)

Mr.Pack

Footballguy
I swear I saw this last night on NFL Prime on NFL Network after the game. Deion Sanders was asked if he thought Rodgers was the most talented QB ever...... Sanders response?

"Naw, not when yo have QBs like Cam and Mike Vick and what they bring to the game"

Now I'm not saying he is or he isn't, he's close for sure. But Cam and Vick, really Deion?

:lmao: :shock: :shock:

I swear I saw this last night on NFL Prime on NFL Network after the game. Deion Sanders was asked if he thought Rodgers was the most talented QB ever...... Sanders response?

"Naw, not when yo have QBs like Cam and Mike Vick and what they bring to the game"

Now I'm not saying he is or he isn't, he's close for sure. But Cam and Vick, really Deion?

Was the question most "athletic QB ever", perhaps? Deion is kind of an idiot, but no one can be that dumb.

Sounds to me he was talking about most athletic.  As for greatest overall QB, Rodgers needs to be towards the very top of the list.

I think it depends on what you consider a talent versus skill.  I think things like passing accuracy and reading defenses could be viewed as more skill-related than talent-related.

I think it depends on what you consider a talent versus skill.  I think things like passing accuracy and reading defenses could be viewed as more skill-related than talent-related.
Passing accuracy and reading defended are also the most important thing for a QB.  

Rodgers is a 10.  

Vick was maybe a 6

Cam... :lol:  
Vick... :lmao:  

SMH Deion is as dumb as a box of rocks. 

Rodgers' play, statistics, and intangibles speak for themselves in regard to Rodgers' spot on the all time list. I agree, he should be at the top. I think he is the best ever with everything considered. Some knucklehead doesn't change my opinion one bit

Exactly.  Arm strength, size, athleticism, speed... cam is more overall talented in these raw attributes.  

It's not surprising that neon overlooks intelligence, leadership, the ability to get over things, etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodgers throws the best looking ball on the move ever. Lists are always just for argument sake but pretty hard to think of more than 5 or so guys that are better.

Deion was great and one of the most physically gifted players but he discounts some of the most obvious fundamentals that a position needs, like tackling for a cornerback. 

I could see someone perceiving talent to be along the lines of athleticism and freakish abilities.  I would give that to Cam and Vick then but those talents don't always make for the best overall QB.  Just look at Brady, that dude looks like he has zero athletic ability but is an amazing QB.  Peyton Manning was even worse than Brady when it comes to being athletic.

When it comes to actual talents that make a QB great, that goes to guys like Rodgers, Brady and Manning.

While I'm not going to debate Bradyvs anyone...your use of the word fact here is a bit off.
That's what I was thinking.  It's certainly debatable and each one has a great case to be considered the best but you can't just say "fact" because of what you think personally.  

While I'm not going to debate Bradyvs anyone...your use of the word fact here is a bit off.

That's what I was thinking.  It's certainly debatable and each one has a great case to be considered the best but you can't just say "fact" because of what you think personally.  
Eh, don't feed the trolls. Georgie loves to troll like this. He's got nothing better to do come playoff time... 

All things being equal and I had to choose one all time QB Rodgers would be close to the top.

Rodgers does one thing better than any NFL QB that I have seen.  When he is pressured his movement in the pocket is so calm, and then outside the pocket he is never panicked..all the time while moving and running his eyes are scanning the down field. Brady can`t do that, Mannings can`t do that, Newton and Vick could never do that. Brees a couple of years ago could but does never had the size or speed of Rodgers. Then at the last second Rodgers can flick the football 20-30-40-50 yards on a dime to his third or fourth read or run to the first down marker and never seems to take a hard hit.

All things being equal and I had to choose one all time QB Rodgers would be close to the top.

Rodgers does one thing better than any NFL QB that I have seen.  When he is pressured his movement in the pocket is so calm, and then outside the pocket he is never panicked..all the time while moving and running his eyes are scanning the down field. Brady can`t do that, Mannings can`t do that, Newton and Vick could never do that. Brees a couple of years ago could but does never had the size or speed of Rodgers. Then at the last second Rodgers can flick the football 20-30-40-50 yards on a dime to his third or fourth read or run to the first down marker and never seems to take a hard hit.
:goodposting:

I distinctly remember a game earlier this year with Buck and Aikman... it was like week 5 or maybe 8 vs ATL... but I remember them bringing up a statistic that teams want to force Rodgers out of the pocket because his % completion rate was way lower there than in the pocket. I was so confused. Because Rodgers' MO is that you get him out of the pocket and he can just destroy you. I couldn't understand why the announcers were saying this (of course, it was Buck/Aikman so that's enough there) but they showed the statistics and so far, at that point in the season, it was true. But I agree, this is by far his best talent and something no one else can do like he does. Especially with the calmness that he shows. 

I distinctly remember a game earlier this year with Buck and Aikman... it was like week 5 or maybe 8 vs ATL... but I remember them bringing up a statistic that teams want to force Rodgers out of the pocket because his % completion rate was way lower there than in the pocket. I was so confused. Because Rodgers' MO is that you get him out of the pocket and he can just destroy you. I couldn't understand why the announcers were saying this (of course, it was Buck/Aikman so that's enough there) but they showed the statistics and so far, at that point in the season, it was true. But I agree, this is by far his best talent and something no one else can do like he does. Especially with the calmness that he shows. 
I remember this one all too well...

Just more to add to the chip on Rodgers shoulder.  I'm fine when people want to doubt him.
Why would Sanders saying he doesn't think Rodgers is the most talented QB ever put a chip on his shoulder? He didn't say Rodgers had no talent or was bad.

Why would Sanders saying he doesn't think Rodgers is the most talented QB ever put a chip on his shoulder? He didn't say Rodgers had no talent or was bad.
Anything seen as a slight...he remembers it and uses it to further motivate.

A colleague of mine had a patient who lives next to Rodgers. Said that she is very loud at all hours of the night... so we know Rodgers can do more than just throw a football well... that lucky SOB

On another note the post games shows on the NFL Network are getting unwatchable.  I loved Sanders when he first came on and broke down the games as he was very astute.  Now is has regressed into a half assed comedy/replay show. The fake banter gets annoying when I want to see the game highlights and analysis.

On another note the post games shows on the NFL Network are getting unwatchable.  I loved Sanders when he first came on and broke down the games as he was very astute.  Now is has regressed into a half assed comedy/replay show.
He tried a schtick that got real old real fast, but he never got the memo

On another note the post games shows on the NFL Network are getting unwatchable.  I loved Sanders when he first came on and broke down the games as he was very astute.  Now is has regressed into a half assed comedy/replay show. The fake banter gets annoying when I want to see the game highlights and analysis.
Oh yea, agree 100%. Last night they even had some chick DJing. like it was a nightclub. Seriously WTF?

NFL Network is a moron factory.

Users who are viewing this thread