What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Mathews....no respect?....get on this hype train (1 Viewer)

Norv said it a couple days ago.

Would you do Larry Fitz & ryan fitzpatrick for RM, Cam Newton, & Torrey Smith?
cool link bro
I can't link the report, but this was what CBS Sports posted on their most recent news for Mathews:

"This certainly suggests that Mathews will be ready for the game against the Dolphins, a defense that has allowed 104.7 rush yards per game. However, coach Norv Turner suggested that Mike Tolbert could see the bulk of the carries due to Mathews' lack of practice time. “We are lucky,” Turner said. “We have (the) two of them. Michael is an awfully good player, so is Ryan. We are going to do what is best in terms of how it fits the Dolphins defense.” Continue to monitor Mathews status heading into Sunday. He can be considered a low-end No. 1 Fantasy RB, if healthy enough to play."

I think I'll sit Mathews for McCoy this week. I like Mathew's matchup better, but who knows what Norv's going to do.
I hope Norv is smarter than that. This is the NFL, a lot of good players miss practice time.

If you don't give your best back the ball on Sunday, you should not be coaching in the NFL

Norv said it a couple days ago.Would you do Larry Fitz & ryan fitzpatrick for RM, Cam Newton, & Torrey Smith?
Nice addition of piss in this thread.If mathews stays healthy he is a top 10 back. He is sharing the load with tolbert right now and IS a top back currently. The chargers drafted him to be the franchise RB and Norv is giving him the opportunity to prove it. There are three things holding him back from bieng top 5: tolbert(goal line vulture), health, pass blocking. so far his health has been ok and he is producing, now if only one more of those situations got better...
"piss" not sure what that means in this context, but someone asked what kind of offers I was getted and I answered him.

Going for the jinx move here...

Tolbert been in ALOT including the 2 minute drill.

WTF

This is exactly what I was talking about. Should have traded him this week when his value was the highest. Last week people thought Tolbert was out of the picture. Now a Tolbert Td and RM fumble later, potential trade partners are going to realize this is a split of fantasy points from here on out. RM getting more yards maybe (if he can stay healthy) and Tolbert getting more TDs.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Should have traded him this week when his value was the highest. Last week people thought Tolbert was out of the picture. Now a Tolbert Td and RM fumble later, potential trade partners are going to realize this is a split of fantasy points from here on out. RM getting more yards maybe (if he can stay healthy) and Tolbert getting more TDs.
I traded Mathews and Robert Meachem for Stevie Johnson and Brandon Marshall this week. Figured I was giving up a little value, but with McCoy and Foster, Mathews would be on my bench going forward. I also had the worst WR core in the league, starting Santana Moss, Meachem and Burleson.But with Tolbert getting more action today including the goal-line look, I'm thinking maybe I sold high.

Last edited by a moderator:
your username is most apropos

:drive:

It's now or never, kid. No Tolbert and no RBs drafted before round 7.

I'm all in.

Until he gets hurt.

Again.
I expect a pretty big year too, but you make it sound like he didnt do anything last year. Name a running back in the NFL that doesn't get hurt?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a good all-around back, but lacks any special qualities.I think he could be very productive in a 2 down role for a pure ZBS team. Houston or Seattle come to mind as good fits as both run ZBS schemes with good complimentary backs in place.I have trouble considering Spiller a true RB, so it's reasonable to consider him as the #1 back in this class. That said I think it's a very weak class from a FF standpoint.Matt Forte minus the third down work is the comp that comes to mind.
Ryan Mathews finished 7th in fantasy points in 2011. He is currently a late first rounder in dynasty startups. Tolbert is gone. Do you want to do any backtracking, treat88?

so where do we rank him?

really like the kid this year and after rice,mccoy,foster,MJD, i think he could be right here.

figure he should be good for maybe 70 receptions and quite a few more carries.

has kind of a tough schedule but his receiving should minimize the downside.

Users who are viewing this thread