What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sam Bradford for Nick Foles TRADE ! (1 Viewer)

Filed to ESPN: Rams close to trading QB Sam Bradford to Philadelphia for Nick Foles and draft-pick compensation, per sources. (Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago )
The Eagles are giving Foles AND picks for Bradford?
:lmao:

I'm done with Chip Kelly if this is true.

When I saw news of the trade flash across the wire, I thought, "Yeah, I'd hate to give up Foles, but the Rams' 1st-rounder they'd have to throw in is high enough that I could convince myself."

Filed to ESPN: Rams close to trading QB Sam Bradford to Philadelphia for Nick Foles and draft-pick compensation, per sources. (Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago )
The Eagles are giving Foles AND picks for Bradford?

I'm done with Chip Kelly if this is true.
I'm not going to judge this until I find out what it actually took to get Mariota.

If it's Foles and a 2nd to Bradford and it costs Bradford and next year's 1st to get Mariota it's good trade IMO.

Wow. Brought in to back up Sam Bradford or compete for the starting position I liked, straight up trade not so much. Clears up tons of Cap space but wow....

Sam Bradford is back with Pat Shurmur, Eagles OC who was Rams OC when Bradford was drafted and named Off Rookie of Year

NFL Network confirmed it involves a swap of first round picks and Rams will send unspecified conditional 2016 pick.

From 1.10, Kelly is in better position to make a move for Mariota?

Maybe Bradford should pack light (though I could easily see him staying, due to the Shurmur connection noted above).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good for both sides.

Chip is one step closer to Mariota.

Foles is an upgrade to Bradford for the Rams.

Or not:

@jthom1: I'm told by Rams that Bradford-Foles trade does NOT involve swap of first-round picks.

5:16pm - 10 Mar 15

Possibly confirming Billy Batts info, local STL journalist Jim Thomas reporting the QB trade does NOT involve a swap of first round picks. If so, that makes the Mariota trade up ammo theory less credible (cross-posted from Rams thread).

* NFL Network now reporting "unknown" 2015 picks (but Breer reported definitively NOT firsts).

Doesn't deserve its own heading but Texans traded QB Case Keenum back to the St. Louis Rams for a 7th-round pick in 2016

3nOut said:
12punch said:
bradford gets released ?
If they do that, the Bears should jump on that and sign Bradford.
Bradford isn't going anywhere. He was consulted in the hiring of the OC and the QB coach. You don't do that, ignore the backup QB as a vote of confidence the year before, and then suddenly do a 180 and can the guy.

The line is the Rams want Bradford but they need better options behind him than what they had last year with Hill and Davis. So if they get Foles, that what they'd have: one of the best backup QBs in the league. But just because you get a really good backup, you don't suddenly say "You know what? Let's scrap the entire plan and shoot from the hip." They have Bradford. If they trade for Foles, then they have Bradford and Foles. Then they either draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round (hopefully Grayson) or just go with Davis and see what a year's seasoning does for him. Then they have their #1 overall, a short-term fix in Foles and a long-term plan in their rookie/Davis. It's the plan that gives the Rams the most options going forward.

Also, whether this is true or not, the reason you are hearing about it is because of the negotiations to restructure Bradford to a more incentive-based deal. We got the whole schtick from the agent about how Cleveland wanted him and Buffalo wanted him. This is the counteroffensive. Bradford and his agent had been digging in their heels, but now that they see the Rams have a viable option in case they feel they can use that $13 mill elsewhere, now they have to budge.
ok

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The #Rams get the #Eagles 2nd rounder in 2016. It goes back if Bradford isn't starter
Breer said Rams trade Bradford and 2015 fifth to Eagles for Foles and 2015 sixth AND 2016 second.

The conditional part: IF Bradford fails to start eight games, PHI gets a 2016 fourth, and if Bradford is reinjured (language unclear, I assume a hangnail is excluded?), it becomes a third round pick. Pending clarification, it sounds like the Rams get the 2016 second regardless.

Bob Magaw said:
cstu said:

The #Rams get the #Eagles 2nd rounder in 2016. It goes back if Bradford isn't starter
Breer said Rams trade Bradford and 2015 fifth to Eagles for Foles and 2015 sixth AND 2016 second.

The conditional part: IF Bradford fails to start eight games, PHI gets a 2016 fourth, and if Bradford is reinjured (language unclear, I assume a hangnail is excluded?), it becomes a third round pick. Pending clarification, it sounds like the Rams get the 2016 second regardless.

That is a horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible trade for Philly. Who are these decision makers ?

Absolutely abysmal.

Bob Magaw said:
cstu said:

That is a horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible trade for Philly. Who are these decision makers ?

Absolutely abysmal.
Well what if Philly TRADES Bradford to move-up in the draft to land Mariota thus Bradford CAN'T be the Eagles starting QB this year?

Bob Magaw said:
cstu said:

Absolutely abysmal.
Well what if Philly TRADES Bradford to move-up in the draft to land Mariota thus Bradford CAN'T be the Eagles starting QB this year?
Just the fact that the Rams are getting the better QB, and the draft pick edge makes this an imbalanced trade.

Bob Magaw said:
cstu said:

Absolutely abysmal.
Just the fact that the Rams are getting the better QB, and the draft pick edge makes this an imbalanced trade.
Don't forget saving money too...

A trade like this usually gets called collusion and gets two or three owners ousted out of fantasy leagues

Why would a team want to give up a top 10 pick for gimpy Bradford and his bloated contract? I think Foles would have been better trade bait. I'm guessing chip's plan is to go into this season with Bradford as his starter.

Bob Magaw said:
cstu said:

Absolutely abysmal.
Don't forget saving money too...
Good point, I totally forgot about that aspect of the deal.

I still have no idea what the confirmed trade is.
Rams get Foles, 2015 4th, 2016 2nd

Eagles get Bradford, his contract, 2015 5th and could get a conditional 2016 pick back if Bradford doesn't play 50% of the snaps (It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.)

Users who are viewing this thread