What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** Aiyuk remains a holdout (8 Viewers)

Every 49er on the 53-man roster will be on the field this afternoon. Practice starts at 1:15 PST

Having no DNPs in practice is crazy this time of year.

Akash:

Rams out-gained the Lions 2 weeks ago:
* 425 yards to 334 yards
* 7.7 yards per play to 6.1 yards per play

Bucs out-gained the Lions a week ago:
* 408 yards to 391 yards
* 6.8 yards per play to 5.5 yards per play

Lions won both those games because...

Rams went 0-3 in the red zone (couldn't punch it in)
Bucs threw 2 INTs, missed a FG

49ers offense just needs to not shoot itself in the foot and they should be able to throttle this Lions' defense.

49ers offense just needs to not shoot itself in the foot and they should be able to throttle this Lions' defense.
I hope the 49ers players keep believing that those teams shot themselves in the foot, and it didn't have anything to do with the pressure the Lions defense put on them in those important situations.

I hope the 49ers players keep believing that those teams shot themselves in the foot, and it didn't have anything to do with the pressure the Lions defense put on them in those important situations.
Posting it in here is absolutely a good way to get their attention.

Man, the talking heads are just relentless with their Purdy hate this week. I can't even enjoy watching coverage because there's so much negativity.

It's so absurd. I want the Lions to win. I doubt they will. I can't believe I feel this way, but if it comes down to 9ers Chiefs, I want Purdy to be MVP. Just to shut them all up.

Akash:

* 425 yards to 334 yards

* 408 yards to 391 yards

Do you think the Lions D had anything to do with those red zone stops and interceptions?
They don’t award points for yards gained.

Akash:

* 425 yards to 334 yards

* 408 yards to 391 yards

Do you think the Lions D had anything to do with those red zone stops and interceptions?
Don't know, but if the 49ers, who have the best best RZ TD percentage (DET is right behind at #2) score in those situations and don't turn the ball over, they likely win IMO.

Akash:

* 425 yards to 334 yards

* 408 yards to 391 yards

Don't know, but if the 49ers, who have the best best RZ TD percentage (DET is right behind at #2) score in those situations and don't turn the ball over, they likely win IMO.
It’s going to be a good game. Hopefully…

Cheers 🥃

Akash:

* 425 yards to 334 yards

* 408 yards to 391 yards

It’s going to be a good game. Hopefully…

Cheers 🥃
Yep. Detroit is dangerous, I think these are the 2 best teams in the NFC. Not predicting an outcome, just hoping SF brings their A game because they're gonna need it against the Lions.

Akash:

* 425 yards to 334 yards

* 408 yards to 391 yards

if the SF D plays like last week, they will lose. They couldn’t get off the field for the majority of the game, GB couldn’t take advantage. Detroit has a better offense and should.

From Kyle Shanahan press conference:

Q: Hows Deebo feeling?

Kyle: Hes feeling better

Q: does that make you more optimistic about his availability for Sunday?

Kyle: It makes me feel better

Q: What is Deebos exact injury, is it a separation, a bruise, dislocation, fracture, or..."?

Kyle "His shoulder hurts"

Q: okayyyy

Kyle: That's all, yeah, it just hurts.

It would be shocking if any NFL player did not play in a championshio game because it hurts.

From Kyle Shanahan press conference:

Q: Hows Deebo feeling?

Kyle: Hes feeling better

Q: does that make you more optimistic about his availability for Sunday?

Kyle: It makes me feel better

Q: What is Deebos exact injury, is it a separation, a bruise, dislocation, fracture, or..."?

Kyle "His shoulder hurts"

Q: okayyyy

Kyle: That's all, yeah, it just hurts.

It would be shocking if any NFL player did not play in a championshio game because it hurts.
Never heard much about the injury outside of his shoulder.

Akash:

* 425 yards to 334 yards

* 408 yards to 391 yards

if the SF D plays like last week, they will lose. They couldn’t get off the field for the majority of the game, GB couldn’t take advantage. Detroit has a better offense and should.
I don’t think we’ll have to worry about the players slipping as much this weekend. How many of Love’s 194 yards were due to that? A good chunk of them from what I remember. Outside of Jones’ 53 yard scamper he had 17/55.

I agree that the Lions have the better overall offense but few QBs were as hot as Love coming into that game.

Akash

Deebo Samuel looks so fired up during this press conference, feels like he’s ready to go play the game right now.

Can feel his energy and intensity through the screen.

Telling CJGJ: “he’s got to come here and strap it up.”

37 hours… have a ton going on today/tomorrow, time should fly.

In my adult life, I can only recall anticipation this high for a game 2x:

1) 2012 NFCC (Kyle Williams’ Game, I was at the stick)
2) 2020 SB (Jimmy G sucks!)

2024, the next and best chapter, love this team; Brock, Deebo, Bosa, Fred, Dre, Trent, George, I can keep going but you get the idea…

Let’s go 49ers!!!

Pelissero:

The #Patriots interviewed #49ers TE coach Brian Fleury for their offensive coordinator job, per source.

A longtime defensive coach and analyst, Fleury moved to offense in San Francisco and has become a trusted assistant for Kyle Shanahan. An intriguing name.

Gonna be such a fun game. Both teams have the fire power to come back from big leads so it's full throttle deep into the 4th quarter no matter the score.

UGH (video)

Remember this Jaquiski Tartt dropped this INT?? 😭

Truly a moment that I will never forget. He dropped one of the easiest Interceptions that youll ever see. #NFCChampionship

The #49ers will make Brandon Aiyuk a contractual priority this offseason… They want him around for the long term. — @RapSheet
Good idea. With Deebo’s play style you never know when he’ll be in or out at times. Aiyuk is that steady presence and a heck of a player to boot. Get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread