What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco Starting WR's- Who Are They ? (1 Viewer)

IMO, having watched both Pre-Season games for the 49ers, there is zero reason why Josh Morgan shouldnt start. I would bet that BJ, Morgan, and Battle will see most of the work. But you have to remember, Martz will play 4 WR sets as much if not more than he'll play 2 or 3.

Morgan is the best rookie WR that I've seen play so far this Pre-Season. And I've seen Sweed, Royal, Franklin, Hardy, Hawkins, Nelson, Thomas... with DeSean Jackson being a close second.

IMO, it doesn't matter who starts. As everyone knows Martz employs multiple WR sets all the time. While they may split V. Davis out at times, there should be 3 WR's on the field a lot. SF will probably be trailing a lot, and throwing a ton even if they are not, and at this point it looks like Morgan is the real deal. It's early, but sometimes things just click for low round rookies, and you don't want to ignore that come draft time.

I saw the 1st preseason game and liked the kid. I would have taken him as a last WR off just what I saw there. Now, everyone is going to have him on the "Sleeper" list.

UzMyBytch said:
Bruce is definitely the clear cut #1 for good ol Mike Martz.
Aye. Martz <3 Bruce. Isaac will be starting as long as he's healthy this year. Johnson will have a shorter leash. He's only on a one year deal, so the team has very little incentive to stick with him if he doesn't produce.

Bruce will start on one side. Morgan is definitely making a push to start on the other side. The blurb below was from earlier this week, BEFORE Morgan again went off, this time for 5-114-1:

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp...51319&mode=

It's been a bad camp for 49ers receivers. Arnaz Battle, who has been nursing a hamstring issue, strained his other hamstring. It's not known how long he'll be out of action. Bryant Johnson and Ashley Lelie have also been out of action.

Could this mean that rookie Josh Morgan could earn a starting job?

"Sure," Nolan said. "It would be one thing if people he's competing with at that position were established."

Nolan mentioned that although Bryant Johnson has been in the league for a while, he has not solidified himself with the 49ers in this offense.

The competitions in San Fran just got more interesting. Looks like JT might be wrapping up one competition, another one sparks up at the receiver position.

as soon as Bruce brakes his hip it will be Morgan/Bryant, Morgan has hands, speed and good route running. can you say Marques Colston of 08!!!!! :goodposting:

as soon as Bruce brakes his hip it will be Morgan/Bryant, Morgan has hands, speed and good route running. can you say Marques Colston of 08!!!!! :goodposting:
HaHa! So you think the SF offense compares to NO's?The Morgan kid looks good, but c'mon, his real value is only in dynasty IMHO.
While I think comparisons to Colston are a bit optimistic, I do think he could have value this year. Any Martz WR has the potential to put up big numbers. Bruce is an obvious starter, but right now, I'd say Morgan has to be the favorite to start opposite Bruce. He has performed and Johnson hasn't even played.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread