What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Say something nice about a fellow FBG (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
Say something nice about your fellow FGB.

Please follow this one rule:

1- DO NOT disparage any other posters.

This is what I posted this about one of my favorite posters, @IvanKaramazov in a different thread:

@IvanKaramazov has grown into one of the best posters this site has seen. He is smart, even tempered (or doesn’t get upset at all) and just gives the best insight. I’m honestly in awe.

Some people are rough around the edges, I am jagged edged. You are the type of person that I aspire to be one day when I grown up. I mean that.

Thank you for your contributions and thank you for being an example to strive for.

and my buddy @rockaction always has some interesting takes on music, dynasty and well just about anything.

Aw, man, I feel the same way. I have numerous things that have hinged on an Ilov80s recommendation for both things you list and then some. May your family be blessed and you travel in peace, my friend.

I'm going to cheat a little and praise a handful of our AFC East rivals. I know I'm overlooking some folks and I apologize in advance for that, but @Ministry of Pain @Gatorman @SoBeDad @rockaction @Dr. Octopus and an assortment of other guys are breathing new life into our various rivalries now that you-know-you is in long-overdue decline.

Edit: Also, he's not an AFCE guy, but @ChiefD is okay I guess.

Totally forgot about @TLEF316 too which is why it's a bad idea even to start lists like this. He's a solid contributor in lots of threads.

Last edited:
I always enjoy reading @krista4 posts. Whip smart, funny and empathetic. She's a good human.
@krista4 came immediately to my mind as well. On my to-do list for retirement next fall is to circle back and plow through the amazingly epic Beatles thread. Having had the opportunity to interact with her recently (albeit online), I'll confirm what you've said.

I always enjoy reading @krista4 posts. Whip smart, funny and empathetic. She's a good human.
@krista4 came immediately to my mind as well. On my to-do list for retirement next fall is to circle back and plow through the amazingly epic Beatles thread. Having had the opportunity to interact with her recently (albeit online), I'll confirm what you've said.

When my mom passed 12 years ago she recommended a couple books. Helped me tremendously in learning how to process grief. Forever in her debt.

@ChiefD - you seem like a pretty solid dude (except when he reverse-jinxes his team to a SB title), always offering to buy someone a beer when they're in KC.

@Bankerguy and @G-King - you're both good fans who are knowledgeable, surprisingly unbiased, and can actually contribute to rival fans' threads (which is a rarity)

@Capella and @The Noid - you guys are thread title wizards and come up with some of the most creative and entertaining titles there is.

@Manster - thanks for being the only other Beaver fan on the board.

@QuizGuy66 and @TheWinz - you both seem like super smart, nerdy dudes... AND have cool personalities too. You guys bring a lot to these forums.

@travdogg - you're such an awesome contributer around here. You're level-headed, and put a ton of time into mock draft write ups and ROS ranking write ups. Much appreciated.

Yea @krista4 is good people. Good taste in tunes too. Lots of people I like reading @IvanKaramazov is easily one of my favorites, and I miss Wikkid too. @Pip's Invitation is always a good read, especially musically. @SWC always makes me laugh. There are more but that's enough for one post.

ETA - @Joe Bryant is always on point too. Forgot about him (since he's the bog boss. But he's also the type of guy everyone would want as a friend). Ah, the heck with it, since I'm adding more @timschochet always has something good to say, as does @Dr. Octopus.

Last edited:
While we're doing this -- and I don't want to turn it into a popularity contest so I'll mention somebody who I don't think has been -- I want to thank @bigbottom for bringing charity and grace to the board, both literally and in his posting style. I'm often -- and I know @ekbeats thinks this way, too -- asking myself when I get angry about something posted (or another poster) if my tone is off and how bigbottom would handle the situation. It usually winds up with me being my better self, though I fail miserably so many times.

Anyway, dude is just charity and grace, and I appreciate that.

I'm going to cheat a little and praise a handful of our AFC East rivals. I know I'm overlooking some folks and I apologize in advance for that, but @Ministry of Pain @Gatorman @SoBeDad @rockaction @Dr. Octopus and an assortment of other guys are breathing new life into our various rivalries now that you-know-you is in long-overdue decline.

Thanks, IK. I'll return the favor and can honestly speak when I say that I think the Bills thread with you, Grove, Tasker, and Griggs and Duff and others is one of the best on the boards. I told Joe B that if every thread aspired to yours, we'd be in good stead in the SP. I seriously did that, unprompted.

Peace.

@El Floppo Another GREAT poster who doesn’t post as much lately and I miss it.

I think of him often when I'm off the board, so I'd like to publicly send up thoughts and prayers for Flop and his family. It might be inconsequential given what his Mom is going through, but we're here for him if needs to vent or needs an ear. I really appreciate him and have come to grow fond of his posting over the years. We really respect you here, El Floppo. T &P.

FDAS (whatever he is now) was reeeeaaalllly good at EA NCAA football. Still the only person I could never beat.
Does that count?

@Hot Sauce Guy - You are a good dude, insightful on the boards, and an excellent sauce maker! (Just ordered another box today!)

@bigbottom - much respect for this guy, a true role model...well at least as much as you can be through an online message board! Always level headed...always empathetic...always helpful in just about any recommendation thread.

@TheWinz - I don't think you stray into the FFA too much, but I always enjoy your insights when reading your stuff in the Shark Pool. You do awesome things in all those competition type threads as well (Subscriber Contest, OFFENSE/DEFENSE, etc...) You add entertainment value to this community

@Joe Bryant - You have managed to curate a special little place here in this corner of the internet...a type of e-family of sorts where real people, albeit from behind keyboards, feel connected in a positive way. One only has to look around the rest of the social media world to realize what a special talent and level of commitment you have to steer this ship to excellence.

Great thread! Lemme name a few who have yet to be named (all related to the subscriber contest, of course)...

@Puppies - After so many private chats I thought our rosters would be more similar. Thanx for keeping track of the weekly scores of the contest regulars. Just wish I would be higher on the list!

@Army Eye - Thank you for sharing your season-long subscriber contest website. I use it all the time, and I am sure many others are using it regularly as well. I wish I had the computer skills to make something like it.

@ZWK - One of the first things I hunt for when the contest opens is ZWK's kicker job security post. I don't think enough people fully understand how helpful it is, but lemme just say I appreciate it.

@Contest Turk - Without you, the contest may not even exist! But please, bring back the 3-for-1 deals at kicker and defense.

@jdkapow - Your weekly "funky teams" posts are so fun to read. Keep up the humor, and good luck in the contest!

FDAS (whatever he is now) was reeeeaaalllly good at EA NCAA football. Still the only person I could never beat.
Does that count?

That guy had every name banned, had to borrow a rando alias just to manage his drafts in the baseball forum. He doesn't post in here anymore, because Joe can't take a joke.

Or so I've heard.

Does that count?

That guy had every name banned, had to borrow a rando alias just to manage his drafts in the baseball forum. He doesn't post in here anymore, because Joe can't take a joke.

Or so I've heard.

Is he the guy who beat us all in NCAA? My buddy and I were REALLY good but no match for that dude.

Edit: Also, he's not an AFCE guy, but @ChiefD is okay I guess.
Proud to be mentioned with those fellow FBGs
:thumbup:

Thanks IK, right back at you

Does that count?

Or so I've heard.

Is he the guy who beat us all in NCAA? My buddy and I were REALLY good but no match for that dude.
If he picked the same pass play 90% of the time, yeah that was him

@Anarchy99 and @shuke - I read most of the music threads and have learned that these are the 2 that I believe I align with musically. They have great taste and knowledge in music. For the record, I even enjoy the ones that I completely disagree with.

Users who are viewing this thread