What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Say something nice about a fellow FBG (1 Viewer)

@BobbyLayne brings a ton of stats and facts to the Shark Pool. Plus he's a Lions fan so you know he's good people who's done more than his share of suffering.
Ditto on all the Lions stuff, he is a great ambassador for the team, going above and beyond just the fantasy relevant news.

What really sticks out to me though is the type of person he is, he doesn't talk about himself much but from little nuggets here and there he comes across as a guy who has overcome some challenges to become a great husband, friend, and colleague. As someone who has made his fair share of mistakes in the last 10 years or so he is a bit of a role model, even if I have never met him.

I don't think I've ever given out this many likes per post in a thread ever. Great to see some people on the receiving end of some love instead of the opposite emotion.

A lot of us are really and truly blessed. We should strive to make other people's days just as blessed as ours are. Peace out.

While we're doing this -- and I don't want to turn it into a popularity contest so I'll mention somebody who I don't think has been -- I want to thank @bigbottom for bringing charity and grace to the board, both literally and in his posting style. I'm often -- and I know @ekbeats thinks this way, too -- asking myself when I get angry about something posted (or another poster) if my tone is off and how bigbottom would handle the situation. It usually winds up with me being my better self, though I fail miserably so many times.

Anyway, dude is just charity and grace, and I appreciate that.

Wow, this is probably one of the nicest compliments I’ve ever received. Thank you so much for your kindness. But I also sometimes feel like Stu in Hangover 2:

Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste. Befitted to small babies and very old people.

Passion and edge are what makes life interesting. And that’s what you have in spades @rockaction . I admire that about you.

@Hot Sauce Guy - You are a good dude, insightful on the boards, and an excellent sauce maker! (Just ordered another box today!)

@bigbottom - much respect for this guy, a true role model...well at least as much as you can be through an online message board! Always level headed...always empathetic...always helpful in just about any recommendation thread.

@TheWinz - I don't think you stray into the FFA too much, but I always enjoy your insights when reading your stuff in the Shark Pool. You do awesome things in all those competition type threads as well (Subscriber Contest, OFFENSE/DEFENSE, etc...) You add entertainment value to this community

@Joe Bryant - You have managed to curate a special little place here in this corner of the internet...a type of e-family of sorts where real people, albeit from behind keyboards, feel connected in a positive way. One only has to look around the rest of the social media world to realize what a special talent and level of commitment you have to steer this ship to excellence.

So much respect for you and your intellect @Galileo. Really bonded with you in the college admissions thread. So much great information from you. I wish my kid had someone like you to help guide him in his stem education - lord knows I’m no help!

@cosjobs is an amazing dude. Generous to a fault. im lucky to have met him a few times on both coasts!

@Terminalxylem I really appreciate his factual input on all things medical. And I found him to be quite funny.. One line that cracked me up while skiing together, after I took a stupid fall and unbeknownst to me, had torn my rotator cuff in two places. Was, “hey, there’s 3 DRs in our group, too bad none of us are trained in ER trauma stuff.“. Pretty damn good skier too

theres more but I’m really tired

Last edited:
Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste. Befitted to small babies and very old people. Passion and edge are what makes life interesting

Oh, you have plenty of passion, at least to me. It's also kindness and thoughtfulness that comes through, sir, and you have a way about both. I'll just doff my cap and leave it at that.

I always enjoy reading @krista4 posts. Whip smart, funny and empathetic. She's a good human.
@krista4 came immediately to my mind as well. On my to-do list for retirement next fall is to circle back and plow through the amazingly epic Beatles thread. Having had the opportunity to interact with her recently (albeit online), I'll confirm what you've said.

Yea @krista4 is good people. Good taste in tunes too. Lots of people I like reading @IvanKaramazov is easily one of my favorites, and I miss Wikkid too. @Pip's Invitation is always a good read, especially musically. @SWC always makes me laugh. There are more but that's enough for one post.

ETA - @Joe Bryant is always on point too. Forgot about him (since he's the bog boss. But he's also the type of guy everyone would want as a friend). Ah, the heck with it, since I'm adding more @timschochet always has something good to say, as does @Dr. Octopus.
thanks man all I ever want to do here is make someone have a chuckle or feel better For a minute

I always enjoy reading @krista4 posts. Whip smart, funny and empathetic. She's a good human.
@krista4 came immediately to my mind as well. On my to-do list for retirement next fall is to circle back and plow through the amazingly epic Beatles thread. Having had the opportunity to interact with her recently (albeit online), I'll confirm what you've said.

Yea @krista4 is good people. Good taste in tunes too. Lots of people I like reading @IvanKaramazov is easily one of my favorites, and I miss Wikkid too. @Pip's Invitation is always a good read, especially musically. @SWC always makes me laugh. There are more but that's enough for one post.

ETA - @Joe Bryant is always on point too. Forgot about him (since he's the bog boss. But he's also the type of guy everyone would want as a friend). Ah, the heck with it, since I'm adding more @timschochet always has something good to say, as does @Dr. Octopus.
thanks man all I ever want to do here is make someone have a chuckle or feel better For a minute

Whoa!!! @jwb , You just made him break character!!!!!!!

I am going to go a different route and thank @Joe Bryant for working with me on the game threads this season
I also owe @Insein and @rockaction
Both were working on the game threads weekly and I had taken a leave of absence years back, it fell into my lap and I just enjoy reading what folks say that watch the games in real time

I will post some more with a lot of other folks to thank but that was my 1st reaction.

@IvanKaramazov @TripleThreat @SoBeDad @Desert_Power @SwampDawg @ChuckLiddell @Gatorman and there is a whole bunch more Phins fans I can't quite think of off the top
@ChiefD @Hot Sauce Guy @Wingnut @Ilov80s @BobbyLayne (Huge props on this guy) @LionOfGosforth

There is a ton of folks I want to tap on the shoulder that make it easy to keep the Ministry rolling along most weeks

Cheers!

Tri-man, otoh IS too tall.

I appreciate the kind words, steady.
It's easy to think of pretty much everybody in here deserving a name check... an amazing and diverse group of people who have been more open, honest and giving than most people I know IRL. I genuinely consider you all to be friends. Except for gator. And I guess Ned. But otherwise...yeah.

@Faust, a good mentor over the years on how to appeal to a wider audience, the man is a gentleman
@The Frankman -I'll make it simple, I love his takes on TNF, SNF and MNF when we have the most in a single thread
@Chaka - Your weekly WDIS is everyone's naughty Snickers bar for the week
@travdogg - He gets my juices running on topics i might not otherwise post about, his weekly going forward is invaluable in the SP

These are all must read posts whether I give it a nod or not, they all know I follow them on here

When I think about writing a post in this thread it starts to feel like an Oscar speech and I'm pretty sure I'll get played off before I finish thanking everyone.

i genuinely like this place a lot and i will always have a soft spot for the gang in the thread about nothing who were so kind after my heart attack and after my dad passed just good people there if you ask me and i also like the basketball thread because it is alternatively horrible and awesome take that to the bank bromigos

i genuinely like this place a lot and i will always have a soft spot for the gang in the thread about nothing who were so kind after my heart attack and after my dad passed just good people there if you ask me and i also like the basketball thread because it is alternatively horrible and awesome take that to the bank bromigos
Somehow, I missed that you had a heart attack. Is all well now?

Sorry about your dad. That is always hard.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Somehow, I missed that you had a heart attack. Is all well now?

Sorry about your dad. That is always hard.
yeah back in 2020 so its been a while literally right at the start of covid was in the hospital for two days of everyone come see me and then two days of covid mania everyone in full space suits and no one can come to see me it was crazy dad was in 2021 and it was hard for sure but he was a good man and lived a good life and a ton of his old teammates and a few cheerleaders va va voom and a bunch of friends packed up the church to say goodbye in fact we had to start the mass about two hours late because the line was just so long and we should all be so lucky take that to the bank brohan

Last edited:
@ChiefD and I go wayyyy back so he knows what I think about him :love:

@skol asylum and I also have history and I got to meet up with him a few weeks ago, great person!

And shout-out to @DA RAIDERS who was nice enough to come meet up for beers and FFA t-shirt exchange purchases awhile back!
Yeah, you're pretty ok too.

Lots of good people here. Too many really to single out. I appreciate all of the football talk, entertainment, and advice from so many of you over the years. Here's to many more.

@Drunken knight has the best food taste of anyone I've met. He's also just a good person and appears to have a wonderful family. I hope to grab dinner and a beer with him if we're ever in the same area.

PS - Great thread @STEADYMOBBIN 22
Thank you. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you as well. It will happen eventually 😊

The list of people here that I appreciate is pretty extensive.

You guys rock 🍻

I agree with krista4 and also those that named rockaction

Thank you, man. krista is good people and a wonderful correspondent so I'm happy being in the same breath as her. You are also a good correspondent, northern. Being able to bounce a few things off of you about dynasty a few years back helped tremendously, and I appreciate it. Need to get you in more music drafts (if we ever have one again). You have a wealth of music knowledge even if you're reticent to show it or indulge yourself.

Thanks again for the mention!

@Chadstroma helped us with our refinance a few years ago. That refinance has and will impact our family in a positive way for 3 decades.

He will be the first person I contact before any major purchase that requires financing.

Oh and I guess hes a very nice guy too. :p

Users who are viewing this thread