What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Science explains why America is going off the rails (1 Viewer)

You're socially engineered to believe that but the cold reality is a lot of folks, maybe half the population lives a very different life then the one say the top 5%-10% of earners in this country wake up to everyday. 

I go and help my wife raise lots of money in high ranking social circles, I'm happy to take their money, painful to hear their little problems in life. Then I turn around and teach at a school with 95-97% of the kids on free lunch who live in a very different world. I am blessed to see both sides of society and I don't think you or most who have this upbeat attitude are being honest about what most folks deal with in the real world. 

If you make a 6 figure income and are always around other affluent folks you are not likely to be connected to what is truly happening to regular folks. I heard one of the creators of Fresh off the Boat on Bill Maher on Fri Night, his words not mine but said we must try and listen to what all these Trump supporters are terribly angry at because it's not a bunch of wealthy fat cats that are just voting for him, he'd be dead in the water but somehow he is hitting notes with a lot of working class folks. And that's the bigger deal in all of this, so many elitists won't even stop and listen to what the outrage is, they have just blanketed it under bigotry and hate to help them sleep better at night. 

It's not Right/Left though, that's the point. So many people have been socially engineered to accept that higher wages mean less people working and that has been drilled into folks' heads in this country to control the population. The future is not bright Tim, how can the future be bright when a handful of people control all the money? When money is being made on money instead of what it was intended for, trade and purchase of goods and basic needs. Banks and Wallstreet like businesses have corrupted the system and made it impossible for the average American to get ahead. 

But you keep spouting that socially engineered talking point memo you keep quoting from.  
If you care about these people why do you not support giving them health care and education past high school?  Do you know how much easier it makes it for people to succeed when they don't need to worry about the cost of their health care or how they will afford to get more education?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you care about these people why do you not support giving them health care and education past high school?  Do you know how much easier it makes it for people to succeed when they don't need to worry about the cost of their health care or how they will afford to get more education?
I worked my way thru college. I never worried about health insurance until Obama forced people who never go to the doctor to suddenly start paying large sums of money else they get taxed for it. I never went to the doctor from the age of about 18 until about 40, turns out I'm fine as most American males in that age group are, with certain exceptions of course. 

Most of my kids are minorities, I teach them from day 1 all the entitlements they can receive if they achieve greatness in school. Many of my students are told at home that they should not think about college because of the costs. That is usually about the 1st time I have a mandatory Teacher/Parents night and iron out all this nonsensical thinking that permeates poverty stricken neighborhoods. It amazes me in 2016 that these folks don't know what is available to them just because they are not white and can pass standardized tests. 

My entire class is centered around how money works and how they can get their hands on more of it, like passing my tests for instance  :)

Users who are viewing this thread