What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SEA WR Situation (1 Viewer)

Qbert89

Footballguy
Thinking out loud here, I am very curious as to why SEA is so anxious to add another WR? With the most recent news that D. Jackson has gone through a second surgery, there may be something more serious than they are making the public aware. They were pretty successful w/o Jackson last season. Engram, Warrick and D.J. Hackett. They recently added Burleson. According to WR Eric Mould's agent, they are interested there as well. I am NOT saying that any of those players are as good as Jackson (except maybe Moulds on a good day) but from a fantasy perspective, should we be concerned when drafting Jackson? Thoughts are welcomed.

DJ's injury is worthy of concern, but that aside, SEA's eagerness to find a WR was ostensibly to replace Jurevicius, last year's touchdown leader.

Thinking out loud here, I am very curious as to why SEA is so anxious to add another WR? With the most recent news that D. Jackson has gone through a second surgery, there may be something more serious than they are making the public aware. They were pretty successful w/o Jackson last season. Engram, Warrick and D.J. Hackett. They recently added Burleson. According to WR Eric Mould's agent, they are interested there as well. I am NOT saying that any of those players are as good as Jackson (except maybe Moulds on a good day) but from a fantasy perspective, should we be concerned when drafting Jackson? Thoughts are welcomed.
They still do not officially have Burleson and the Vikes have until Friday to match. I'm not a surgeon and I don't think you are either so I won't speculate on his surgery but it was a scope.

I think you might want to wait until training camp to worry any further.

DJ's injury is worthy of concern, but that aside, SEA's eagerness to find a WR was ostensibly to replace Jurevicius, last year's touchdown leader.
engram old as dirt.JJ gone.djax had/has injury problems. Warrick a bust..more for insurance than anything else..I don't see Burleson taking anyone's starting job..

dj hackett seemed to play well at times last year when given a chance to play. i think he is a legit sleeper in dynasty and deeper leagues. d-jax has a bum knee and burleson is still unproven IMO. hackett definitely has more potential than engram (i'm not saying he is better right now).

more for insurance than anything else..I don't see Burleson taking anyone's starting job..
This seems to be a very popular opinion. Disclaimer - I own Burleson in a dynasty.I watched him in many a Viking game in 2004. I saw a fast WR who had more success as 'the man' when Moss was out than any other time. I saw a guy who put up over 1,000 well-earned yards in his second year.I saw a WR who got hurt early last year and never fully recovered.It seems that Minny homers are almost 'glad' to get rid of Burleson, that he was never even worth a 3rd to begin with, etc. I hear many folks say he's definately not starting material. What I'm trying to figure out is why? Do people believe his hammy will never be heatlhy again? Do they believe that his 1,000 yd season was a fluke? Do they believe Bobby Engram is the answer?Or have they forgotten about his stellar 2nd year already?

engram old as dirt.JJ gone.djax had/has injury problems. Warrick a bust..

more for insurance than anything else..I don't see Burleson taking anyone's starting job..

:goodposting:

Being a MN homer I watched Nate play, he's no better then Travis Taylor, maybe Nate is a touch slower. He had 1/2 of a good season when Moss was hurt, but now you have to question if Nate is going to be one of these guys who's hurt most of the time also, or was his injury just a one time issue.

I really see him no better then a 3rd WR, and I think Seattle could of taken a better "prospect WR" in the draft with the 3rd round pick MN gets from them.

I personally think Warrick is a better WR then Nate, but we have to let this play out on the field. I wish Nate the best in Seattle, he is a class guy off the field.

It seems that Minny homers are almost 'glad' to get rid of Burleson, that he was never even worth a 3rd to begin with, etc. I hear many folks say he's definately not starting material. What I'm trying to figure out is why?
He was inaccurately touted by some in the media as the replacement for the departed Moss, and was never forgiven for not living up to that hype, - which is ironic in that he was originally drafted to hopefully be the successor to the role that Cris Carter played.

I wish Nate the best in Seattle, he is a class guy off the field.
Great post. :thumbup:
Class guy in MN just means he wasn't on THE BOAT !!!!
:yes: Right on... A class act like Burlson was nowhere near the sexboat fiasco. He's a solid player who will compliment Djax well if they bring him into Seattle. The Vikes lose a stand up guy, but probably not a future probowler.

Users who are viewing this thread