What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seriously, how are people supposed to use the (1 Viewer)

littletank

Footballguy
Is T. Polley a bad start or a good start?I keep hearing in text how The Ravens LB are bad starts. Tommy Polley shouldn't do as good as last week. But in the cheatsheets for week 9 T. Polley is ranked as a top 20 LB, almost top 15 with an estimated 8 solo tackles. 8 solo tackles for anyone is hardly a bad play. 8 solo tackles is on the verge of a dominant performance. There is often some good info on these sites, but sometimes I just question exactly why I pay money for some of this. Do the same people do the rankings and articles? Why the contradiction in some of the info?

Is T. Polley a bad start or a good start?

I keep hearing in text how The Ravens LB are bad starts. Tommy Polley shouldn't do as good as last week.

But in the cheatsheets for week 9 T. Polley is ranked as a top 20 LB, almost top 15 with an estimated 8 solo tackles.

8 solo tackles for anyone is hardly a bad play. 8 solo tackles is on the verge of a dominant performance.

There is often some good info on these sites, but sometimes I just question exactly why I pay money for some of this. Do the same people do the rankings and articles? Why the contradiction in some of the info?
I don't understand what text you're talking about.EOTG:

Polley isn't Ray Lewis but he is a very solid linebacker and will be productive over the next 4-5 weeks while Lewis recovers. The only problem here is that Lewis will likely return somewhere around week 13 which means we can't count on Polley for our playoffs. That said, the report on Lewis says "at least 4-6 weeks". If the Ravens continue to struggle and are out of contention they may not be in a hurry to plug him back in. Worry about winning now and address week 13 when it gets here. Pluck Polley off waivers and ride the wave until it crashes...
Baker:
With LB Ray Lewis and SS Ed Reed out with injuries, the Baltimore Ravens were forced to play others. It turns out it might not have been such a bad thing. LB Tommy Polley moved from the WLB to MLB. Bart Scott went from the bench to the starting WLB. Chad Williams played in place of Ed Reed. The end result was a very impressive display by that trio, as Scott pressured Roethlisberger constantly and Polley called the shots and roamed the field. Polley ended with a team and season-high 7-2 tackles. Lewis is expected to miss three more games…

this is out of the IDP strong/weak plays this weekLB Baltimore Ravens (vs Cincinnati): MLB Tommy Polley, OLB Adalius ThomasThe Bengals rank #30 in fantasy points allowed to opposing LBs this year, and #28 over their last 3 games. The Bengals offense is playing great, but is relying more on the downfield passing game than the running of Rudi Johnson. Tommy Polley is expected to get his second straight start at MLB in place of an injured Ray Lewis. Polley put up solid numbers on Monday night against the Steelers, but the Bengals are a much tougher matchup so look for a drop-off this week. SLB Adalius Thomas has been having a great season with 5 quality starts in 7 games, but those numbers have been boosted by 3 sacks and an interception. Bart Scott will start his second game at WLB but he hasn't shown enough yet to warrant starting consideration.

Okay, so three guys have written about it. Two agree that Polley is a good play while Ray Lewis is out, a third thinks this isn't a good matchup. Surely you can digest that info and make a decision on which way you lean.I'd rather hear three opinions that might not agree than just one FBG opinion where the dissention opinion is squashed.

Personally, I just use the information here to make smart-arsed comments (like this one).

Users who are viewing this thread