What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Shameless" (1 Viewer)

i wasn't aware of this show initially, but torrented the season 1 DVD and i'm now hooked. all of the chicks, other than cusak, are super hot, and all have the 'hot girl next door' vibe that i love. i hope season 2 keeps it up.

Emmy Rossum :wub: They do a great job of making her look worn out. O how I would like to wear her out. :drive:

This is a really good show. Very much looking forward to this season. Macy is $$

I totally dig Californication and Weeds. Sounds like this Shameless is something I should be watching?

I'm going to buy the first season on I-tunes and see how it goes.

My favorite show right now, strong season 2 premier. Saw Rossum on Conan the other night, never saw her all made up and talk-show ready before, and kept thinking how much better she looks au natural and in street clothes.

Macy IS money in this, and the guy who plays Lip is great as well.

My favorite show right now, strong season 2 premier. Saw Rossum on Conan the other night, never saw her all made up and talk-show ready before, and kept thinking how much better she looks au natural and in street clothes.Macy IS money in this, and the guy who plays Lip is great as well.
It's Pavlov at work.Au natural and street clothes = boobiesMade up and talk show ready = no boobiesWith that said Emmy Awesome is my type of girl. Someone who doesn't need tons of make to be beautiful.

'kutta said:
I totally dig Californication and Weeds. Sounds like this Shameless is something I should be watching?I'm going to buy the first season on I-tunes and see how it goes.
Highly recommended. Hilarious and a compelling family drama all at the same time. Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, Emmy Rossum is hot as all hell and she likes to show boob and butt.

Just saw the second episode of season two. Awesome line by Kevin in the ice cream truck when he says to the young kid, "Hey this is your third (beer), don't come back again unless you want to buy some grass".

Nearly shat out popcorn through my nose.

This show was just renewed for a 3rd season, along iwth House of Lies and Californication

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/shameless-houses-of-lies-californication-renewed_n_1247402.html

:pickle:

Showtime has renewed "Shameless," "House of Lies" and "Californication" for new seasons. David Nevins, president of entertainment at Showtime Networks, made the announcement.

"These three shows are clearly resonating with audiences as evidenced by their steady growth," Nevins said in a statement. "We are extremely pleased with the creative work being done by the casts, producers and writers -- and I so appreciate that each of these series has such a clear and distinctive voice."

"Shameless" Season 3, "House of Lies" Season 2 and "Californication" Season 6 will begin shooting later in 2012. All three shows air as part of Showtime's Sunday night block of programming.

According to Showtime, "Shameless," which stars William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum, averages 4.75 million viewers including On Demand, reruns and DVR viewing. It's up 30 percent compared to its first season.

:thumbup:

House of Lies is just plain crap, IMO. Don Cheadle is one of the best in the business but his choice to do this show has me :shuked:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love all three, but I gotta say House of Lies and Californication both are a little over the top in an Entourage-cheesy sort of way. Shameless is a little much sometimes too, but I think there's a lot more substance around it.

Good to see them get picked up.

Shameless is one of the best shows on TV right now, I think. Maybe even the best show on Showtime, which is saying an awful lot.

I still love Californication, if only for my weekly dose of Runkle.

House of Lies isn't great, but I'll give it a little more time. Jean Ralphio is occasionally funny and, most importantly, Kristen Bell stripped down to her skivvies last week. Maybe, just maybe the skivvies will come off later.

'pollardsvision said:
Good to see them get picked up.Shameless is one of the best shows on TV right now, I think. Maybe even the best show on Showtime, which is saying an awful lot.I still love Californication, if only for my weekly dose of Runkle.House of Lies isn't great, but I'll give it a little more time. Jean Ralphio is occasionally funny and, most importantly, Kristen Bell stripped down to her skivvies last week. Maybe, just maybe the skivvies will come off later.
I like all three shows too. I think Californication is still extremely well done. Duchovny is money and Evan Handler is one of the best supporting actors on TV. He's perfect as Runkle.I like Shameless for the most part but my biggest problem is there are a number of characters I just don't care about (the gay son and the psycho son are the two most prominent). But William H. Macey is outstanding and Emmy Rossum is hot and very generous with the nudity. I definitely applaud those acting choices. :thumbup: House of Lies is my least favorite show of the three. It strikes me as a poor man's Californication. But I'm also hoping it gets better as it goes along. I'm huge fans of Cheadle and Bell so I'll watch anything they're in.

Last edited by a moderator:
'pollardsvision said:
Good to see them get picked up.Shameless is one of the best shows on TV right now, I think. Maybe even the best show on Showtime, which is saying an awful lot.I still love Californication, if only for my weekly dose of Runkle.House of Lies isn't great, but I'll give it a little more time. Jean Ralphio is occasionally funny and, most importantly, Kristen Bell stripped down to her skivvies last week. Maybe, just maybe the skivvies will come off later.
I like all three shows too. I think Californication is still extremely well done. Duchovny is money and Evan Handler is one of the best supporting actors on TV. He's perfect as Runkle.I like Shameless for the most part but my biggest problem is there are a number of characters I just don't care about (the gay son and the psycho son are the two most prominent). But William H. Macey is outstanding and Emmy Rossum is hot and very generous with the nudity. I definitely applaud those acting choices. :thumbup: House of Lies is my least favorite show of the three. It strikes me as a poor man's Californication. But I'm also hoping it gets better as it goes along. I'm huge fans of Cheadle and Bell so I'll watch anything they're in.
Totally agree about House of Lies being a poor man's Californication.I see your point about Shameless having a handful of lackluster characters/storylines. Carl doesn't bring much, except for the underlying feeling that he'll burn down the house or skill someone at any time. I don't mind Ian, but he hasn't had a compelling storyline in awhile. The Sheila storyline feels like it's run it's course (and was never that great).Frank/Fiona/Lip/Karen/Deb can pretty much carry the show though.With healthy dose of Kevin and Veronica, of course. Love them. I don't think there's enough of them.I hope Gramma Gallagher's here to stay for awhile. I like her.

'pollardsvision said:
Totally agree about House of Lies being a poor man's Californication.I see your point about Shameless having a handful of lackluster characters/storylines. Carl doesn't bring much, except for the underlying feeling that he'll burn down the house or skill someone at any time. I don't mind Ian, but he hasn't had a compelling storyline in awhile. The Sheila storyline feels like it's run it's course (and was never that great).Frank/Fiona/Lip/Karen/Deb can pretty much carry the show though.With healthy dose of Kevin and Veronica, of course. Love them. I don't think there's enough of them.I hope Gramma Gallagher's here to stay for awhile. I like her.
Kevin cracks me up .. love his character

'pollardsvision said:
Me too. Louise Fletcher was great last night. I also agree about Sheila running her course. Then again I'm not a huge fan of Joan Cusack so if she wasn't around it wouldn't bother me at all.I also enjoy Kevin and Veronica a lot. They're great characters.

Yeah, Steve Howey (Kevin) has come a long way since "Reba". Not that he's a great actor, but he's fantastic in this role. They need to make sure the ice cream, beer, and pot truck makes an appearance in every episode.

Veronica is hilarious and has an insanely hot body. It's almost a shame that Rossum takes so much of the hotness accolades for the show. Veronica deserves more love.

Lip you warm?"Sure why not" :lmao:
His decision to get back to improve his life was immediately rewarded.
Some great life lessons to be learned from this show.
He was facing the wrong direction.My first time seeing this show. Watched all the showtime shows last night. They all need better writers. But Macy rocks in anything and he was born to play a character like this. Where have I seen the hot daughter before? That cheadle show is awful. I'd be embarrassed for him if not for the paycheck he's getting, which is probably the biggest of his career. Californication should have packed it in two seasons ago. I still watch it, but it has outlived it's shelflife.

One of my favorite shows and a great second season. Kind of sad how much they changed Karen's character this season, but I guess someone has to provide the drama.

Might have to get Showtime again just for this. Wife and I really liked this, but for some reason, I don't think we watched them all. Enjoyed the one were they took Macy to Canada and just left him there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Also, Rossum is in my top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread