What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool collective mock draft - complete. And any one of us are better than Ryan Pace! (1 Viewer)

Biabreakable said:
With the 58th pick the Vikings select Justin Madubuike DT  Texas A&M.

@travdogg for the Seahawks.

So now the Vikings have

1.22 Josh Jones OT Houston

1.25 Yetur Akkub Gross Matos DE Penn State

2.58 Justin Madubuike DT  Texas A&M.
And calling Vikings games becomes the short straw. 

“Akkubgrossmatos with the strip, and here comes Madibuike for the recovery. Halapoulivaati Vaitai let him right through.....” *

*not an actual quote, yet

At pick 2.62 Green Bay selects KJ Hamler - WR - Penn State

Rodgers needs somebody who can create separation and make plays on offense.  While Hamler lacks size, he's explosive in a way that is missing on this team.

Round 3

65. Cincinnati
66. Washington
67. Detroit
68. N.Y. Jets (from N.Y. Giants)
69. Carolina
70. Miami
71. L.A. Chargers
72. Arizona
73. Jacksonville
74. Cleveland
75. Indianapolis
76. Tampa Bay
77. Denver
78. Atlanta
79. N.Y. Jets
80. Las Vegas
81. Las Vegas (from Chicago)
82. Dallas
83. Denver (from Pittsburgh)
84. L.A. Rams
85. Detroit (from Philadelphia)
86. Buffalo
87. New England
88. New Orleans
89. Minnesota
90. Houston
91. Las Vegas (from Seattle)
92. Baltimore
93. Tennessee
94. Green Bay
95. Denver (from San Francisco)
96. Kansas City
97. Cleveland (from Houston)*
98. New England*
99. N.Y. Giants*
100. New England*
101. Seattle*
102. Pittsburgh*
103. Philadelphia*
104. L.A. Rams*
105. Minnesota*
106. Baltimore*

64    Atlanta Falcons - Julian Okwara EDGE Notre Dame
The Falcons finally add their edge rusher. Okwara has athleticism, length, and burst around the edge, and beat his man more regularly than his sack numbers would suggest. Struggles holding up against the run mean that he might just be a rotational player, but he'll be rotating onto the field in the role that the Falcons most covet.

Weaver & Okwara are great values in the late 2nd round, IMO.

@ZWK OTC for the Patriots (traded from Cincinnati) for the start of rd 3

65    New England Patriots - Jake Fromm QB Georgia
(Pick traded from Cincinnati Bengals in this mock)

The Thuney trade nets the Patriots a 2nd shot at a QB. New England invests in decision-making, accuracy, and a guy who takes care of the football. I'm sure that their coaching staff has been hard at work thinking about how to build an offense around the strengths & limitations of Hurts or Fromm, and now they'll see if they can move forward with one of those plans.

@Snorkelson OTC for Washington

64    Atlanta Falcons - Julian Okwara EDGE Notre Dame
The Falcons finally add their edge rusher. Okwara has athleticism, length, and burst around the edge, and beat his man more regularly than his sack numbers would suggest. Struggles holding up against the run mean that he might just be a rotational player, but he'll be rotating onto the field in the role that the Falcons most covet.

Weaver & Okwara are great values in the late 2nd round, IMO.

@ZWK OTC for the Patriots (traded from Cincinnati) for the start of rd 3
yeah, the Ravens wanted Weaver and then decided to go for the upside of Lewis as opposed to the probably safer choice in Okwara.

65    New England Patriots - Jake Fromm QB Georgia
(Pick traded from Cincinnati Bengals in this mock)

The Thuney trade nets the Patriots a 2nd shot at a QB. New England invests in decision-making, accuracy, and a guy who takes care of the football. I'm sure that their coaching staff has been hard at work thinking about how to build an offense around the strengths & limitations of Hurts or Fromm, and now they'll see if they can move forward with one of those plans.

@Snorkelson OTC for Washington
I'm really curious to see how the trio of Fromm, Hurts, and Eason get drafted. I liked Fromm early in the season but he has been knocked down a bit.  If the team needs a guy to work within a system, Fromm is probably the right choice (probably the best choice for the Patriots). But in the right system with a year to grow I actually like Eason better - say, Indy or Pittsburgh. 

66 Washington Chase Claypool, wr ND

WR is a need, and Claypool seems like a good compliment to mclaurin. Lots of needs to address, could have gone a number of ways. Tackle was a strong consideration.

Rd 3.03 Detroit Lions select Lloyd Cushenberry III IOL from LSU

Forgive me is this guy was already taken. I didn’t notice him. The Lions just lost Glasgow and I’m not sure if the new guy they from Philly will play RT or OG but either way, the line could use some depth. The Lions like versatility so I think having another guy who could play C or G is a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rd 3.03 Detroit Lions select Lloyd Cushenberry III IOL from LSU

Forgive me is this guy was already taken. I didn’t notice him. The Lions just lost Glasgow and I’m not sure if the new guy they from Philly will play RT or OG but either way, the line could use some depth. The Lions like versatility so I think having another guy who could play C or G is a bonus.
Nice pick.

Your fine. I've had my eye on him.

With the 68th pick in the draft the NYJ select Cam Akers - RB, Florida State

This is the pick the Jets got in the Leonard Williams trade last year at the deadline, so I feel it's a bit of a luxury pick - although the team obviously has holes. The Jets added a few linemen in free agency, drafted an OT and a WR and will continue to put weapons around Sam. Bell wasn't used much in the passing game last season, which may not bode well for this pick, but a dynamic back that can be part of the passing game can only help Sam and the team ca get out of Bell's contract next offseason if they want tio.

Rd 3.5 Carolina Panthers select Kyle Dugger S from Lenoir-Rhyne

Small school super athlete to bolster the secondary 

1- Okudah CB

2- Blacklock DT

With pick 3.70 the Miami Dolphins select Netane Muti, OL, Fresno State

Muti has dealt with injuries but when healthy he’s a strong, athletic road grader type OG. Love the thought of adding Wills and Muti to this OL. 

3.71 Los Angeles Chargers select Robert Hunt, OL, Louisiana-Lafayette

Versatile OL who started at left guard, left tackle and right tackle. Hope here is he can take RT job from Sam Tevi.

3.72 - Arizona Cardinals - Marlon Davidson DL Auburn

This is a BPA selection, he probably should have been drafted by now.

He's scheme diverse and adding him to Philips and Brown would go far in a running game focused division.

Andy Dufresne said:

He's scheme diverse and adding him to Philips and Brown would go far in a running game focused division.
I got to tell you I actually started my pick before you by typing in his name and saying almost the same exact things. BPA, scheme diverse, etc but then went for OL need.

He is Daniel Jeremiah's 30th ranked player right now so agree, he probably should have been drafted. I even considered him for Steelers pick in round two when I went Taylor but think he would have worked better in Chargers scheme.

With pick 3.10 Jaguars select: Raekwon Davis DT Alabama

A big bodied run stopper who can also rush the passer.

1.09 - CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma

1.20 - Trevon Diggs DB Alabama

2.10 Zack Baun LB Wisconsin

Andy Dufresne said:

My sources with Atlanta and LA tell me that the Falcons would've taken him at 64 if Okwara was gone, and the Rams would've taken him at 77 as BPA if he was still available then.

JetMaxx said:
With pick 2.56 the Miami Dolphins select Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU

One of my favorite players in this draft. He will pair nicely with Jordan Howard as a threat in the passing game out of the backfield. 

1.06 Jedrick Wills OT

1.18 Jordan Love, QB

1.26 Grant Delpit, S

2.39 Laviska Shenault, WR

2.56 Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB
Can't say I'd trade this kind of a haul for Tua, which I think is what the Dolphins are eventually going to do.

3.11 - WR Bryan Edwards, SC

Big body WR is a must for Baker... Completing the trifecta of unstoppable WRs, and now with Njoku back, 3 sublime RZ targets, in Hooper, Njoku and Edwards.

Sick to my stomach seeing 100 RZ plays end in failure last season

@Ben & Jerry's is up

Cleveland Browns :   

1st - Andrew Thomas - Left Tackle 

2nd - Antoine Winfield Jr - Safety

3rd - Bryan Edwards - WR

Users who are viewing this thread