What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool combined effort mock - Drafting now! (1 Viewer)

As much as I didn't want this to happen I think Hooper has gotta be the pick here. If they are gonna go for a receiving TE this year, outside of a tweener receiver Hoopers gotta be the guy. Already got your dynamic ILB in Ragland.

Hooper was almost definitely gonna be one of my two picks  :kicksrock:
Hooper makes sense to me, seems to be ranked around here and unlike other positions, he appears to be the clear cut #2 TE behind Henry.

Then it's settled.  Packers select TE Austin Hooper from Stanford.

Steelers and Evilgrin72 are on the clock!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers select Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State.  

James Harrison, if he even returns, is only playing one more season. Jarvis Jones may or may not be back next year depending on whether or not the Steelers pick up his 5th year option. Arthur Moats is a part timer at best. Correa has the potential to be a solid pass rusher with a year of NFL coaching and strength training. Also offers some position versatility in that even if he busts as a pass rusher, he could be moved inside to play along side Shazier when Timmons' tenure ends. 

Steelers select Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State.  

James Harrison, if he even returns, is only playing one more season. Jarvis Jones may or may not be back next year depending on whether or not the Steelers pick up his 5th year option. Arthur Moats is a part timer at best. Correa has the potential to be a solid pass rusher with a year of NFL coaching and strength training. Also offers some position versatility in that even if he busts as a pass rusher, he could be moved inside to play along side Shazier when Timmons' tenure ends. 
I knew he was good value for the Packers!

Three solid picks there. I had Correa typed in for the Vikes before a last second change of mind.
Glad you changed your mind.  He was the last man standing of the 5 guys I had penciled in for the Steelers with about 8 picks to go - the other 4 went in the span of about 5-6 picks.  If you'd taken him, I was going to be left scrambling.

When I saw him being discussed, I was in a bit of a panic.  Well, as much panic as one can experience over a mock draft, that is.  :lol:
So true. I got mad when the guys I wanted were sniped in a meaningless mock draft for two teams that I could care less about. Kind of sad. 

I'm mad because I wanted to double down at the Giants WR position with Shepherd but figured he wasn't falling to 3.1. 

I'm mad because I wanted to double down at the Giants WR position with Shepherd but figured he wasn't falling to 3.1. 
So funny how much we actually care about a fantasy mock draft!

Where's Run It Up? He seemed so eager. I may be picking for spider321 again, so he's holding things up when he has been all over this!

2.60 Patriots select Leonte Carroo, WR Rutgers

People have been saying it for years and it seems the stars have finally aligned. The Patriots get talented WR who can play all over the field, playing for Rutgers is just the last straw, was one of the few names at WR that have been connected to NE for a few months now. Waldman has him as one of this classes top receivers, I'm not that far off myself.  Incredibly talented. Not worried about his off-field stuff.
2.61 Patriots select Scooby Wright III, LB Arizona 

I've seen people say the third is too late for Scoobs and that the end of the third is too early. Wherever your have him on your board, the Pats should be more than happy scoop up Wright here. Fills the void Mayo left. Dynamic, smart, stout run defender and capable of a filthy pass rush - the prototypical Belichickian player. Has a nose for the ball and seems to strip everything in his flex radius. I think the Pats can make him a better player. Injury sunk his draft stock in 2015, coming off of one of the best performances by an ILB ever in 2014. Pats have shown they are willing to take a risk on players coming off injuries, they'll overlook a few minor injuries to take the once upon a time #1 LB of this class.

Run It Up said:
Just woke up, gimme a few. 
LOL, no worries. Spider321 and I had some PMs last night so we have a list of guys we are looking at and I am sure you will take the top 2, but we've got some backup picks as well. Kind of surprised I forgot about Shepard as I think the Panthers like him.

2.60 Patriots select Leonte Carroo, WR Rutgers

People have been saying it for years and it seems the stars have finally aligned. The Patriots get talented WR who can play all over the field, playing for Rutgers is just the last straw. 

I've seen people say the third is too late for Scoobs and that the end of the third is too early. Wherever your have him on your board, the Pats should be more than happy scoop up Wright here. Fills the void Mayo left. Dynamic, smart and capable of a filthy pass rush. I think the Pats can make him a better player.
As a Rutgers alum, I would love to see the day where every star we have doesn't end up on the Ravens, Bengals, or Patriots.

I've seen people say the third is too late for Scoobs and that the end of the third is too early. Wherever your have him on your board, the Pats should be more than happy scoop up Wright here. Fills the void Mayo left. Dynamic, smart and capable of a filthy pass rush. I think the Pats can make him a better player.
Any truth to the rumor that he is still finishing his 40 yard dash from his Pro Day?

:tumbleweed:

Well, no need to wait and I'll add some color this time.

2.31 Panthers select Vernon Butler DT, Louisiana Tech

This is purely BPA and a guy who the Panthers have had in for private workout and met with multiple times. Sometimes a smoke screen and other times, like Shaq Thompson, it means they really like him. 3 of the 4 NFL.com guys (Brooks, Jeremiah and Zierlein) had Butler ranked #27 in their top 50s so a screaming value at 62 IMHO and that's with a great class of DTs. I saw plenty of mocks with Butler in the late 1st.

As far as the Panthers go, this IMHO may mean Love doesn't make the team. Having Star and Solai as jumbo run stuffers along with Short and Butler as run stuffers and pass rushers means that the Panthers will be dominant in the middle and making it really tough for RBs to find room and for QBs to step up when Johnson/Ealy come rushing in. Throw in our first round pick of Alexander and this D is going to be hellacious this season.

We can pick up OTs, WRs, RBs, DEs and/or a TE later in the draft.

ETA: Pretty amazed based on my other picks for Miami/Cincy, that all 8 of the guys Spider321 and I discussed were all available. The middle of the 2nd round definitely starts the area where tons of guys are so closely ranked that you don't see your team's BPA list get picked at every single pick.

ETA Part Deux: I forgot one of the other main reasons for Butler. Star and Short's contracts are up at the end of 2016. So, as with Norman/Alexander in the 1st, I am not sure Gettleman is going to pay long term deals to two DTs totalling $25M+ per year. Star has a 5th year option for 2017 which DG has said we will pick up, but I think it is more likely that we make Short/Butler our duo going forward and Star moves on/stays for a more reasonable number.

Well, no need to wait and I'll add some color this time.

2.31 Panthers select Vernon Butler DT, Louisiana Tech

This is purely BPA and a guy who the Panthers have had in for private workout and met with multiple times. Sometimes a smoke screen and other times, like Shaq Thompson, it means they really like him. 3 of the 4 NFL.com guys (Brooks, Jeremiah and Zierlein) had Butler ranked #27 in their top 50s so a screaming value at 62 IMHO and that's with a great class of DTs. I saw plenty of mocks with Butler in the late 1st.

As far as the Panthers go, this IMHO may mean Love doesn't make the team. Having Star and Solai as jumbo run stuffers along with Short and Butler as run stuffers and pass rushers means that the Panthers will be dominant in the middle and making it really tough for RBs to find room and for QBs to step up when Johnson/Ealy come rushing in. Throw in our first round pick of Alexander and this D is going to be hellacious this season.

We can pick up OTs, WRs, RBs, DEs and/or a TE later in the draft.
If I had had any hope of him being here this late, I might have gone with Mackensie Alexander in round 1 and Butler here.  Beef on the D-Line almost always goes fast and furious - in this draft, a fringe 1st round prospect like him (and another in Correa) is lasting to the end of the second.

Both players seem like Belichick picks.  But there's another guy in this draft that screams Belichick to me.  I won't say now, planning on taking him next round, but if he was there at end of 2nd, I would love to bet BB takes him.  

If I had had any hope of him being here this late, I might have gone with Mackensie Alexander in round 1 and Butler here.  Beef on the D-Line almost always goes fast and furious - in this draft, a fringe 1st round prospect like him (and another in Correa) is lasting to the end of the second.
Agreed, see my first edit. We had a list of 8 guys when we were the 7th pick so we knew if 6 of 8 go, we have a couple guys we like. None of those 8 got picked in the last 6 picks. There is a lot of 2nd/3rd round value this year. There are still multiple DTs that I like left and some of them could last until the late 3rd. Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking another for the Panters at 94 if they are there. I don't think it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gettleman just went with it as he's a big believer in BPA. He took Star and Short with 1st/2nd picks in 2013 and while we had a bigger hole at the time, with the $$$$ coming soon for Star, Short, Ealy and maybe Norman, things are going to change.

ETA: Butler was also #1 on that list of 8, so I was pretty surprised he was here as well.

Being a deep DT class pushes all of their values down. Also last year was pretty stocked with DTs.

The Pats currently have like 7 DTs but with the release of Easily only one of those isn't a FA next year. DT is a need for Pats but they will wait.

This would be my ideal draft for the Steelers!  I think Alexander is one of the top 2 CBs in the draft (Ramsey is a S) and Butler is a player capable of staying on the field all 3 downs.  He can cause internal disruption on passing downs while Alexander shuts down the opposing top WR.  He allowed only 25% of passes his way to be completed and allowed 0 TDs this year.  0 TDs.  Also, he only had 47 attempts thrown his way while playing for a team with a great overall secondary.  On a team full of talent, opposing QBs were afraid of him.  He has 0 INTs in college, but I think that's more due to QBs not wanting to throw his way rather than not making the most of opportunities.

Not sure if you can tell, but I really want Mack Alexander to be a Steeler, and Butler would be a huge value in the 2nd.

2.32 - Denver Broncos - Kenny Clark, DT - UCLA

Great value here.

I don't know what the third round order looks like with all the trades that have gone on in here.

2.32 - Denver Broncos - Kenny Clark, DT - UCLA

Great value here.

I don't know what the third round order looks like with all the trades that have gone on in here.
He was my #2 behind Butler 8 picks ago. I only went Butler because he was usually ranked above and the Panthers had him in for private workouts.

This would be my ideal draft for the Steelers!  I think Alexander is one of the top 2 CBs in the draft (Ramsey is a S) and Butler is a player capable of staying on the field all 3 downs.  He can cause internal disruption on passing downs while Alexander shuts down the opposing top WR.  He allowed only 25% of passes his way to be completed and allowed 0 TDs this year.  0 TDs.  Also, he only had 47 attempts thrown his way while playing for a team with a great overall secondary.  On a team full of talent, opposing QBs were afraid of him.  He has 0 INTs in college, but I think that's more due to QBs not wanting to throw his way rather than not making the most of opportunities.

Not sure if you can tell, but I really want Mack Alexander to be a Steeler, and Butler would be a huge value in the 2nd.
Well, sorry to tell you but they are both Panthers and you guys can suck it. ;)

After trading away the 2.55 and next year's 3rd, Cincy selects at pick 2.45:

Will Fuller, WR ND

I thought about him at 1.24, but felt he wasn't a good value there. At 2.45, he's a great value and will be a phenomenal piece of the offense as I think he is far better than Jones/Sanu. With his speed and Green and Eifert to take the focus of the defenses, he will get a lot of one on one opportunities. We will work on the drops, but if Ted Ginn can get open for 10TDs even while dropping 5-6 wide open TDs, Fuller having Green/Eifert will get a lot of long plays.

Also, with WR needy teams like Detroit (Jones <> Calvin), New Orleans, Buffalo, Atlanta (Sanu <> old White), Houston (took TE in first), Washington and Minnesota (when Andy realizes Treadwell is slower than he is), I had to make a move to get the last top tier WR.

Peace out and have fun this weekend! Nice to be done.
As a Bengals fan I have to say that there's no way they'd do a trade like this.  We almost never trade up and let the board to come to us.  This also would be an expensive move (price being a 3rd round pick).  I don't see it.

QG

3.1 (from Tenn) The New York Giants select Devontae Booker, RB, Utah

Jennings is on his last legs, Williams stinks, and Vereen is a 3rd down RB. At some point in the 3rd/4th rounds I anticipate a run on RBs to commence and wanted to have my pick of the litter. Love Booker as a complete back.

NFL.com:

NFL COMPARISON

Jeremy Langford

BOTTOM LINE

Rhythm runner who has experience in a pro­-style running game and who gets better with the more carries he has. Booker is a three-down running back who has the toughness and determination to grind out short yardage while possessing the vision and footwork to create for himself when near the line of scrimmage or the second level. Booker isnt fast, but he plays at a consistent speed and should have enough quickness to be consistently productive as an NFL starting running back.

1.18 Shaq Lawson, DE

2.40 Cody Whitehair, OG

2.48 (from Indy) Tyler Boyd, WR, Pitt

3.1 (from Tenn) Devontae Booker, RB, Utah

As a Bengals fan I have to say that there's no way they'd do a trade like this.  We almost never trade up and let the board to come to us.  This also would be an expensive move (price being a 3rd round pick).  I don't see it.

QG
Never say never. Panthers fans said the same thing about that with Gettleman and then he did it twice last year. It really isn't an expensive move IMHO for a team in the playoff hunt now. Gettleman said it this off season that he might trade up again because 6 rookies aren't going to make the team this year. I would bet the same is the case with the Bengals.

As far as the pick goes, I would trade next years 3rd again and again to get a 1st round graded WR who in some cases has been ranked as the top WR. I'm not sure I go that far, but if you sat still the best you get is Caroo (or Shepard, forgot about him, but same point). Fuller IMHO, is a big step above that and could end up being a gem opposite Green/Eifert. Maybe the stepping stone you need to get past the problems in the playoffs.

Also, based on this draft, I considered Fuller at 1.24. Getting him in the 2nd and a stud DT for 2016 and 2017 for a rookie 3rd next year that might not be an impact until 2018 is good in my book. Last note, we just disagree, but no worries on that at all. It's just a fantasy mock!

Can someone put together the 3rd round order for me?

I had a turn and cough session this morning so I'm playing catch up at work.

FWIW I'd think they consider Fuller at 1.24.   We're just a team that doesn't move around a whole hell of a lot so it's hard to see a mock where we'd make such a move.  No worries man :)  it's all in fun anyway.

-QG

Is it Zierlein doing the player comps? I've seen Rawls and Langford (and a couple others I can't think off hand) used as comps and they have barely shown anything in the league. Not discounting these guys but what purpose does it serve to compare draft prospects to relatively unknown rookies from last year?

Off topic and just me griping. Sorry. 

FWIW I'd think they consider Fuller at 1.24.   We're just a team that doesn't move around a whole hell of a lot so it's hard to see a mock where we'd make such a move.  No worries man :)  it's all in fun anyway.

-QG
LOL, of course no worries. The fact that I considered him at 1.24 as well, but couldn't pass up a guy like Robinson made me do the trade up. That said, if FUBAR hadn't said he was interested, I would have sat and watched and likely taken Shepard. I would have been OK with that, but not excited. Lots of WR hungry teams made me think no chance Fuller would be there (one guy said he was taking him). I think he and Coleman were the two best WR options for Cincy. Speed and dynamic talent is what you want when teams roll coverage to Green and Eifert. Lots of single coverage for Fuller will be fun for Dalton. No offense to Jones and Sanu, but I don't think they are remotely close to Coleman/Fuller.

I think Cincy is a team like the Panthers were in 2013/2014, just a couple spots could make them a title contender. While Newton is a big part of it, the past 3 drafts have turned Carolina into a team that makes the playoffs but loses quickly into the team they were last year which is a team that will contend. A 3rd round pick is nothing if you can find the last cog you need to get you over the hump. Our hump was the NFC West, your hump is Pittsburgh and then New England (maybe Denver, not sure if they lost too much).

Reading through this as a 49er fan:

A) I'm in the Goff won't be a good NFL QB camp - that camp has gotten smaller over the last few months, but I'm sticking with it

B) Goff doesn't fall to number 7, no chance

Can someone put together the 3rd round order for me?

I had a turn and cough session this morning so I'm playing catch up at work.
Here's 3rd round, updated, I'll do a trade search now:

Round 3

Pick (overall)
1 (64). Tennessee Titans
2 (65). Cleveland Browns
3 (66). San Diego Chargers
4 (67). Dallas Cowboys
5 (68). San Francisco 49ers
6 (69). Jacksonville Jaguars
7 (70). Baltimore Ravens
8 (71). New York Giants
9 (72). Chicago Bears
10 (73). Miami Dolphins
11 (74). Tampa Bay Buccaneers
12 (75). Oakland Raiders
13 (76). Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
14 (77). Philadelphia Eagles (from Detroit Lions)
15 (78). New Orleans Saints
16 (79). Philadelphia Eagles
17 (80). Buffalo Bills
18 (81). Atlanta Falcons
19 (82). Indianapolis Colts
20 (83). New York Jets
21 (84). Washington Redskins
22 (85). Houston Texans
23 (86). Minnesota Vikings
24 (87). Cincinnati Bengals
25 (88). Green Bay Packers
26 (89). Pittsburgh Steelers
27 (90). Seattle Seahawks
28. Kansas City Chiefs (Forfeited)
29 (91). New England Patriots
30 (92). Arizona Cardinals
31 (93). Carolina Panthers
32 (94). Denver Broncos
33 (95). Detroit Lions (Compensatory Selection)
34 (96). New England Patriots (Compensatory Selection)
35 (97). Seattle Seahawks (Compensatory Selection)
36 (98). Denver Broncos (Compensatory Selection)

3.4  Dallas selects Cyrus Jones, CB Alabama

Not much confidence in Mo Claiborne or Brandon Carr these days.  Also not sure either will be back next year

I think what we're seeing is that there are more reasons than an injured QB that caused the Boys to be picking so high.

I'd have selected Carl Nassib.

Users who are viewing this thread