What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool combined effort mock - Drafting now! (1 Viewer)

Man we have so many holes.  If the draft fell like this, this is probably where we'd be tempted to ignore our board and reach for a WR, though that position IMO does not provide value after the last few guys went.  This guy should compete to start immediately, fills a need (throw a dart, yes), and I think he's excellent value as I've seen mocks with him going in the 1st.

The 5 Time SB Champ SF 49ers select

OG Joshua Garnett, Stanford

More negative news creeping out about Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith.

Scooby and Ragland might both end up in the 20-40 range by draft day.

With 3.70, the Baltimore Ravens select:

G Christian Westermann

Need depth and perhaps a starter across from Yanda (Had Garnett queued up, good pick.)

1.06 Ezekiel Elliott, RB Ohio State

2.36 Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson

3.70 Christian Westermann, Arizona State

Bills and Chiefs will be unavailable for the next 8 hours. 
I have PMd the Bills GM, think he'll be round in a couple hours.  

Everyone go grab some dinner and a smoke, see you after that. 

Also, much thanks to the GMs for responding promptly to PMs.  If you do not get email alert when you get a PM on your mobile phone, pull your head out of your culo, amigo.  

Also, much thanks to the GMs for responding promptly to PMs.  If you do not get email alert when you get a PM on your mobile phone, pull your head out of your culo, amigo.  
Thanks!  Been meaning to speak to you about that.  I'm on this thread about as much as you so you can stop "alerting" me, lmao.

I have PMd the Bills GM, think he'll be round in a couple hours.  

Everyone go grab some dinner and a smoke, see you after that. 

I'm up. Are you sure it's the Bills pick?

If the Rams hadn't traded up to #1 and the draft broke like this, I would have taken:

1.15 - Paxton Lynch

#43 - Sterling Shepard

#45 - Tyler Boyd*

Maybe DE Jonathan Bullard if not taken #44, I was definitely taking Shepard #43, even if Michael Thomas was there, long gone and taken 2.1 here, I'm not as well versed on CBs that might have been avail. at #45, but possible starter E.J. Gaines opposite TruJo looking strong in off-season drills, they added TEN CB Sensabaugh and 2014 high second rounder Joyner played much better at nickel CB in 2015 - and I just really, really, really like Boyd and Shepard, two of my favorite prospects in the class of '16 at any position to out-produce their pedigree. After looking at the draft board again, would have taken CB Mackensie Alexander if he lasted to #45 (not happening), and in retrospect, would have had to think HARD about S Karl Joseph at #45, probably would have done that to diversify after starting offense heavy with QB and WR. I'm just not sure how much Fisher and Williams value the position, though, departing FS McLeod was a 2012 UFA.

* Adding Boyd to Austin in the LA WR stable would give them two converted prep RBs with the most TDs in Pennsylvania (117, actually tied) and Maryland (123) state history, respectively - Austin's 8,000+ career rushing yards 2,000 more than #2, former NFL RB Ben Tate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evilgrin 72 said:
As a Rutgers alum, I would love to see the day where every star we have doesn't end up on the Ravens, Bengals, or Patriots.
Agree.  I would like to see one of the NY teams bring in some RU players.  Carroo on the NYG would be great. 

Well, I thought one of those two guards might fall, so this is just plain BPA.

3.73 Miami Dolphins select Austin Johnson DT, Penn State

A solid DT to pair with Suh which will give the opponents interior OL fits. Miami can get more BPA value for RB/G in the 4th round. I don't like the Dolphins, so that's all I want to say. Peace out.

3.75 Oakland Raiders select Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia

There are players available at more obvious needs, but I believe Jenkins will start right away.  6'3'', 259, and has played SLB in a 3-4 opposite Leonard Floyd.  He's not going to be a stud pass rusher, but he has great instincts, is already country strong, and takes on offensive linemen like a pro.  We envision him as an off the ball player in the style of Vontaze Burfict, who can also play some DE as well as MLB.  

I wish I could place a bet that this guy winds up on BAL or NE, because he looks like that kind of player.  I don't think he makes it out of the 2nd round.  

Damn it, That Austin Johnson was a screw up pick on my part. No problem, leave it as is, but I forgot I took Nkemdiche in round 2. I guess they now have an unbelievable rotation, but I got confused thinking I only took a DT for Cincy and Carolina (for Spider321).

I would have taken Nassib instead, but oh well, I love the fact that Carolina would end up with Short, Lotulelei, Butler and Solai as a dominant rotation, so this would be no different.

Deforest Buckner, DT - Oregon

Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M

Su'a Cravens, S/OLB - USC

Pharoh Cooper, WR - USC

3.76 Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) Roberto Aguayo, PK, FSU

We'll expend our 5th (6th without the trade) top 100 pick on the first kicker to be picked top 100 since Nugent.  Succop is an alright kicker but we're expecting big things from this kid.

We were strongly considering a couple cornerbacks but didn't really like any of them.  Jalen Mills was almost picked (but we're not sure about him as a corner vs. safety) and the kid from Notre Dame seems like he could be good in the run game but we need a better cover guy.  Would like to hear what others would have done here.

Philly has two picks here, sandwiched around the Saints, whose pick we have.  

I have the Bills pick ready as well, so bang bang bang, 3rd round cruising right along.  

Deforest Buckner, DT - Oregon

Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M

Su'a Cravens, S/OLB - USC

Pharoh Cooper, WR - USC

3.76 Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) Roberto Aguayo, PK, FSU

We'll expend our 5th (6th without the trade) top 100 pick on the first kicker to be picked top 100 since Nugent.  Succop is an alright kicker but we're expecting big things from this kid.

We were strongly considering a couple cornerbacks but didn't really like any of them.  Jalen Mills was almost picked (but we're not sure about him as a corner vs. safety) and the kid from Notre Dame seems like he could be good in the run game but we need a better cover guy.  Would like to hear what others would have done here.
Unless he's kicking 1.000 on everything under 70 yards I wouldn't take a kicker until the 5th. 

I'd probably go DB here. Or OL. 

3.77 Philadelphia Eagles select Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina

Philly GM is out of pocket today, asked me to fill in.  Philly goes back to back on the offensive line, with Stanley and Turner.  While Stanley does solidify the outside of the line, and is the LT of the future, he cannot help the soft, creamy center of the Philly O-line.  Turner immediately starts at RG, and plows through defenders for the next 10 years.

3.78 New Orleans Sanits select Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State

Per lustigers post above.  Nawlins adds a 3-tech prospect, and the DT class seems to finally be thinning out.  

3.79 Philadelphia Eagles select Joshua Perry, LB, Ohio State

This is a BPA pick.  Jordan Hicks had a nice rookie year, and they signed Bradham, but Perry might beat them both out.  Was a better player than Darron Lee the entire time at OSU, and has great size.  

3.80 Buffalo Bills select Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State

Per Borden PM.  I love this pick.  Very short price for a potential starter.  Can be expected to back up Tyrod Taylor, and maybe take his job, and Mark Roman doesn't have to change the offense he designed for Taylor.  Solid landing spot for the raw Jones.  

3 straight Buckeyes, dang.  

It's interesting, I wasn't thrilled about the 3rd round of the draft, but there's players here for sure.  More depth than I thought.  Maybe it's the 4th round I don't like.  

Still some interior O-linemen, DTs, and even EDGE guys I like.  

Sorry, just catching up after a long weekend and a horrible stomach virus/bug.  I'm drafting for the Redskins, how many picks till me?

Agree. I think this draft will be interesting to follow through round 4 this year.
I think the Panthers will be trading up in the 4th again (like last year). I see quite a few guys they like/had in for visits that are likely not going to be picked in the 3rd.

It's interesting, I wasn't thrilled about the 3rd round of the draft, but there's players here for sure.  More depth than I thought.  Maybe it's the 4th round I don't like.  

Still some interior O-linemen, DTs, and even EDGE guys I like.  
it's been said a lot that the draft's strength is picks 20-76ish (after the Titans trade)

it's been said a lot that the draft's strength is picks 20-76ish (after the Titans trade)
Yes, yes, I have definitely been reading that the strength of the draft was from about 15-76.  Big fall off after that, I've been told.  :D

Unless he's kicking 1.000 on everything under 70 yards I wouldn't take a kicker until the 5th. 

I'd probably go DB here. Or OL. 
I don't know about the third (he has received some possible late day two buzz), but if a team wants him, I expect him to be gone before the fifth.

He does sound like a rare prospect, the best at his position in years. 

The Rams could have easily been 9-7 instead of 7-9 if not for a few errant FGs by shankatron (shankapotamus). :)

* They are in a total rebuild and have a ton of holes to fill, but that could be one of them, all the extra picks probably affords a "luxury pick" like that.

Users who are viewing this thread