What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool, let's talk.... (1 Viewer)

GCP

Footballguy
So, here's the scenario:

20 year ultra-competitive league. I brought a rookie in this offseason and vouched for his football knowledge.

He drafted a terrible team and started 0-3. Playing me in week 4, he traded my rival Jimmy Graham and Kendall Hunter for Bernard Pierce and Eric Decker coming back. A firestorm ensued but it died out.

After I beat him to go 4-0 (with Graham he beats me easily), the rookie owner and I made a deal where I sent Terrelle Pryor and Pierre Thomas to him for Colin Kaepernick and Roddy White coming back. I was not going to make a deal but figured it was open season as my rival had fleeced him the week before.

This firestorm is still raging. The two-time champ of the league has released his whole roster and quit the league. Several other owners have expressed outrage over my trade.

What to do, what to do...

IMO fair season after the first trade happened. If the commish wasn't going to step in then he can't do anything now.

Well, you brought him to the party, said he knew what he was doing, he then proved that he didn't, and ultimately you took advantage of it to benefit your team. I can see where it might rub some the wrong way. I think the guy who dropped his whole team handled it very poorly, hopefully the commish will be able to stabilize your league.

Given the controversy over the previous trade, what reaction were you expecting when you made your trade?

20 year local Monopoly league here. Super competitive. I brought in a rookie and vouched for him. First week he shows up early to the game and claims the top hat piece. Two time champion threw a tantrum (that's his piece) and refused to play. Not sure whether that counts as a forfeit or we should kick out the rookie and just start scoring in week 2?

Shouldn't have cried about the first trade. No trade should ever be voted against, IMO. Let people run their team however they want to run it no matter how stupid they want to run it.

And this is why. People have different opinions on the values of certain players. All it takes is even one guy to protest a trade and you find yourself and the rest of the league in a situation like this.

Let the guy who left walk. You'd figure the two time champion wouldn't be scared of teams getting better. :shrug:

Since he's your guy, you vouched for him and took him into your "ultra competitive" league - then you probably should have refrained from jumping in on the "fleecing" that was happening. Just quietly let the season roll by and hope he's gone next year (or gets a clue).

I'd have been embarassed to take advantage of the problem that I helped create by inviting him in. It's kind of like when you get the guys together to play some "ultracompetitive" backyard football or basketball and one guy brings his 8 year old son to play - it kinda f***s up the game for everyone else. You're that guy - and now you're taking advantage of it. It's like passing your 8 year old son the ball a foot from the basket knowing no other adult will reject his shot into the woods across the street because it'll be frowned upon.

You brought this owner into your FF League and now you're taking advantage of the "easy baskets". Not really endearing to your leaguemates, I'm sure, but also not a league ending thing. I just I wouldn't cut you any slack in the future when you wanted to trade with me or "bend" a rule because you made a mistake.

Common sense says you let the first fleecing go and not join in on it since you helped create the problem.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=693369

So Sean posts the exact same scenario here, gets a response he doesn't like, so he starts a new thread under an alias. Is this amateur hour here?

Buddy you are the commish, you can do pretty much whatever you want. Sounds like a league full of whiny snot-nosed girls and you being the ring leader given your responses to the advice you got in the other thread and thn starting this one.

Just ax the kid and move on. You clearly are not looking for input if it goes against your decision.

Redraft leagues shouldnt have trades, period. Too many idiots trade studs for "2-3 playable guys" cause their draft was horrible, and just throws the competitive balance all out of wack.

You should of never took Graham from your freind. Its collusion. Even if your friend doesn't know it as commish you should of vetoed the trade knowing it was so unbalanced. There's no remedy for stupidity just learn from your mistakes get this kid out of your league and revert the two trades back. If owners are un willing give money back and disolve the league.. oh and never be a comish again.

So Sean posts the exact same scenario here, gets a response he doesn't like, so he starts a new thread under an alias. Is this amateur hour here?

Buddy you are the commish, you can do pretty much whatever you want. Sounds like a league full of whiny snot-nosed girls and you being the ring leader given your responses to the advice you got in the other thread and thn starting this one.

Just ax the kid and move on. You clearly are not looking for input if it goes against your decision.
HAHA, wow seriously this is comical that he'd create two threads.... i hope they are 2 people who both happen to be members here.... but seems unlikely

Time to set up a 3rd alias their junior. Jeebus, if you're going to do this at least put some effort - look at guys like Woz or Truck or even peens. Man those were the days when people had aliai and knew how to use them. Amateur. :no:

I know sarcasm is tough to pick out on the internet but please tell me most of you realize this is just a joke based on the "League Disaster" post from carioca sean. This isn't an alias to get more opinions.

Or maybe I'm the one that's missing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, as a member of this league (as I posted in the "league disaster" thread) I can attest that these are two separate owners from the same league. Ironically, the guy that started this thread is actually closer to "commish" status than the guy the started the initial thread, which made him introducing this rube into our league and then swindling him 4 weeks later when the guy was win-less and feeling attacked over the first deal all the more irritating to the rest of the league.

As of right now it looks like we're not really going to do anything about it... there are enough of us that believe that unless there is actual collusion trades can't be vetoed so there isn't really much that can be done. It has been interesting reading the shark pool responses... about what I expected... some thoughtful responses, some point-to-the-shirt type responses.

So, here's the scenario:

20 year ultra-competitive league. I brought a rookie in this offseason and vouched for his football knowledge.

He drafted a terrible team and started 0-3. Playing me in week 4, he traded my rival Jimmy Graham and Kendall Hunter for Bernard Pierce and Eric Decker coming back. A firestorm ensued but it died out.

After I beat him to go 4-0 (with Graham he beats me easily), the rookie owner and I made a deal where I sent Terrelle Pryor and Pierre Thomas to him for Colin Kaepernick and Roddy White coming back. I was not going to make a deal but figured it was open season as my rival had fleeced him the week before.

This firestorm is still raging. The two-time champ of the league has released his whole roster and quit the league. Several other owners have expressed outrage over my trade.

What to do, what to do...
You should both be kicked out of the league.

I can't wait for the thread from the rookie.

Should be titled "So I ruined my friend's 20 year competitive league"

Boot the guy that ruined the league and put the rosters back to what they were before he came into the league, keep the game results as they are now and move forward after you step down as commish and assign someone else.

Ha, as a member of this league (as I posted in the "league disaster" thread) I can attest that these are two separate owners from the same league. Ironically, the guy that started this thread is actually closer to "commish" status than the guy the started the initial thread, which made him introducing this rube into our league and then swindling him 4 weeks later when the guy was win-less and feeling attacked over the first deal all the more irritating to the rest of the league.

As of right now it looks like we're not really going to do anything about it... there are enough of us that believe that unless there is actual collusion trades can't be vetoed so there isn't really much that can be done. It has been interesting reading the shark pool responses... about what I expected... some thoughtful responses, some point-to-the-shirt type responses.
Better. That's the way to use an alias. There's hope for you yet young padawan.

Your league sucks. Collusion and lopsided trades make any league a joke.
Well, our league hasn't sucked... hence people freaking out about the new guy. We've always taken the league too seriously... I don't see that stopping any time soon.

All an elaborate ruse to see how nerdy we can seem.

dornado said:
Your league sucks. Collusion and lopsided trades make any league a joke.
Well, our league hasn't sucked... hence people freaking out about the new guy. We've always taken the league too seriously... I don't see that stopping any time soon.

DoubleG said:

All an elaborate ruse to see how nerdy we can seem.
I'm always wary of a "group of friends" who all registered 6-8 years ago, have a total of about 200 posts...and then suddenly start filling up threads. Pad that post count a bit so it's not so obvious.

HAHA, wow seriously this is comical that he'd create two threads.... i hope they are 2 people who both happen to be members here.... but seems unlikely
What's comical is that you morons think that I created both threads. GCP is the owner I posted about. Oh, and by the way, he is the "commish" of our league...

I know sarcasm is tough to pick out on the internet but please tell me most of you realize this is just a joke based on the "League Disaster" post from carioca sean. This isn't an alias to get more opinions.

Yeah. You are missing a lot, my friend. This really is the guy I posted about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure we're not the only league out there with multiple footballguys subscribers/shark pool participants.

Kaep and Roddy White for Pryor and Pierre Thomas when your RB2 is Danny Woodhead in a non-PPR and you have Rivers as your QB1. Is it really that bad? Sure you could do better but I've seen worse, i.e. trading Jimmy Graham for Eric Decker and a handcuff the week before.

Yeah. You are missing a lot, my friend. This really is the guy I posted about.
If these multiple threads about the same non-issue are not a joke then I think the league might be.

I can't believe some of you think the guy used an alias to start another thread. Please head directly to the Free for All and post daily. Thank you.

Pierre Thomas -- 21

Terrelle Pryor -- 22

Colin Kaepernick -- 11

Roddy White -- 4 (left with injury)

Just sayin...

Users who are viewing this thread