What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should Shark Pool be divided into 2 forums (1 Viewer)

Separate forums or remains the same

• Keep the SP the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Divide it into two forums (FF Strategy & NFL talk)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tiger Fan

Footballguy
Hear me out now.This is a fantasy football board. It seems that alot of the SP is dedicated to NFL news, which is fine from a fantasy perspective, but a lot of good FF strategy discussions get lost in the numerous NFL news threads everyday.I just trolled throught the first 3 pages of the SP and I couldn't find anything on FF strategy or post season FF info. Is that how it should be? I know it's the offseason, but lets face it, FF is fresh in everyone's mind right now. :shrug:

I just trolled throught the first 3 pages of the SP and I couldn't find anything on FF strategy or post season FF info.
Then why would you suggest opening a :crickets: forum?

I just trolled throught the first 3 pages of the SP and I couldn't find anything on FF strategy or post season FF info.
Not only that, there's *five* FIRST page FF strategy topics.Saying there's nothing on the first 3 pages, and that you trolled through it is just not correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for splitting. I don't know, I guess it's just tiring to see a thread talking about a player's prospects for next year (e.g. Randy Moss to the Raiders) and then getting 25 "I hope he does well, I own him in my $2957 keeper league" posts.That said, once the playoffs start the Shark Pool is great for true game and player analysis, so maybe it just comes with the territory.

I say keep it the same. The reason you are seeing FF topics slide off the board quicker is that most people are not playing in leagues right now, but posters are still throwing stuff out about their NFL teams that are in the playoffs.I mean in a few weeks the main board will be overwhelmed with Draft threads.

What do you want today?A. It's a playoff day which will generate a lot of football activity like any Sunday.B. We are deep into fantasy playoffs and most people can't change their fantasy playoff rosters.C. There was a thread about Rackers value for next season so we had our fantasy fix for the day. ;)

It wouldn't have to be super busy....just a place that you know will be nothing but FF info. I'm guessing there are others on here like me, who really enjoy the fantasy football talk, but generally avoid the other stuff.

do not think we need anther forum but I have a complaint-suggestion about the board. Manny times during the season I would enter a thread for info or suggestion on players and have to go through 2-3 pages of of posts that are no longer applicable. For instance, McNair is injured again in the 10th week. To get to the up to date posts you have to go through posts from week 2, 4, 6 etc. which are not relevant. Is there some way these posts or the entire item can be removed and a new thread started on this player. I realize that "old" posts are often very valuable and I would not like them removed. But there are certain types of posts which could be eliminated or put in a "history" forum.

do not think we need anther forum but I have a complaint-suggestion about the board. Manny times during the season I would enter a thread for info or suggestion on players and have to go through 2-3 pages of of posts that are no longer applicable. For instance, McNair is injured again in the 10th week. To get to the up to date posts you have to go through posts from week 2, 4, 6 etc. which are not relevant. Is there some way these posts or the entire item can be removed and a new thread started on this player. I realize that "old" posts are often very valuable and I would not like them removed. But there are certain types of posts which could be eliminated or put in a "history" forum.
Are you talking about the search function?If so, you do realize those posts are sorted by the most recent, right?

I'm confused as to what your complaint is.

Edit to say: If you're talking about individual threads, why wouldn't you just immediately go to the last page of the thread?

Once the playoff season ends this place will become a plethora of strategies,dynasty chatter,values going forward,ect,ect...........

I have said this a few times. Mods have pm'ed me asking me about this site. IMO we need a FF forum. You can ask ANYTHING fantasy related.This board the POOL is more NFL talk than fantasy for the most part. Most fantasy opinions or questions get moved..The assisstant coaches forum is ok for questions but a FF forum would draw much more activity :popcorn:

What do you want today?

A. It's a playoff day which will generate a lot of football activity like any Sunday.

B. We are deep into fantasy playoffs and most people can't change their fantasy playoff rosters.

C. There was a thread about Rackers value for next season so we had our fantasy fix for the day. ;)
Ding Ding Ding! This always happens just after the FF season is over and NFL playoffs hit their peak. The NFL playoffs are far more entertaining at this point and FF strat can be resumed very easily in another 3 weeks with no loss of quality. ENJOY THE PLAYOFFS! :banned:

do not think we need anther forum but I have a complaint-suggestion about the board. Manny times during the season I would enter a thread  for info or suggestion on players and have to go through 2-3 pages of of posts that are no longer applicable. For instance, McNair is injured again in the 10th week. To get to the up to date posts you have to go through posts from week 2, 4, 6 etc. which are not relevant. Is there some way these posts or the entire item can be removed and a new thread started on this player. I realize that "old" posts are often very valuable and I would not like them removed. But there are certain types of posts which could be eliminated or put in a "history" forum.
Are you talking about the search function?If so, you do realize those posts are sorted by the most recent, right?

I'm confused as to what your complaint is.

Edit to say: If you're talking about individual threads, why wouldn't you just immediately go to the last page of the thread?
I am referring to individual threads. I have tried going to the last page of the thread. would prefer to eliminate this technique. By the way I am not expert at computer techniques and find it difficult to use the search function on this site. I do not get what I am looking for. Would not mind some suggestions on this.

I am referring to individual threads. I have tried going to the last page of the thread. would prefer to eliminate this technique.
So clicking on the little two arrow thing to take you to the last page is too time-consuming for you?Uh-huh.

I'll just slowly walk away now.

That wouldn't work because a news related thread would end up becoming a fantasy discussion of the impact of that news.I'd like a college forum as they get put in this PRO forum but...."can't have everything, where would you put it?"

Given the number of users on this site, I think it would make a ton of sense to split the Shark Pool into NFL and FF sections.

Users who are viewing this thread