What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Simple question. Why does Mike Anderson (1 Viewer)

Maybe he doesn't know that it reads "Mike Anderson".....a cruel, season-long joke played on him by the equipment manager....?

Was Tired of being called Michael! Remember the whole deal when Vick did not want to be called Mike but Michael? Anderson took it a step further :D

Actually they did have a safety named Marques Anderson earlier this year. But I think Mike does it because he thinks its cool...kinda like how he still thinks the mile high salute is cool.

Actually they did have a safety named Marques Anderson earlier this year. But I think Mike does it because he thinks its cool...kinda like how he still thinks the mile high salute is cool.
He was in the military so I'm sure he still thinks it's cool.

Good info here. You sir are a fine American(?) and an asset to this community and the others. May you have eternal peace and happiness.

So his stoner buddies dont forget his name?
Mike Anderson is a very selfless football player, and a great American that served his country. Having his full name on his jersey does not justify bashing anything he does or has done. In my opinion this thread should be thrown in the ####ter.

He also does the salute as a tribute to Terrell Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Anderson is a very selfless football player, and a great American that served his country. Having his full name on his jersey does not justify bashing anything he does or has done. In my opinion this thread should be thrown in the ####ter.
The fact that the guy was a marine out of high school means we can't bash him for violating the league substance abuse policy? DaveGrumbles actually posts the most likely explanation (another M. Anderson on the team at one time) and throws in a little sarcasm for us to enjoy, and you go with the "great american" patriot routine? If this kind of schtick gets you riled up you're going to have a coronary by the end of the month around here. Relax. Seriously.

The fact that the guy was a marine out of high school means we can't bash him for violating the league substance abuse policy? DaveGrumbles actually posts the most likely explanation (another M. Anderson on the team at one time) and throws in a little sarcasm for us to enjoy, and you go with the "great american" patriot routine? If this kind of schtick gets you riled up you're going to have a coronary by the end of the month around here. Relax. Seriously.
In fact, I said having his full name on his jersey is no reason to bash a guy. I didn't correlate being a great american with the bashing. As for a 'schtick'... I'm just not very fond of schmendricks, and must just be in a ferklempt. Coronary? More like alcohol-related liver disease after the weekend I had. I'm relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
why do teams put the first initial (or full first name) on the back at all?anderson #38anderson #whateverlike nobody would be able to distinguish between them? lame imo

He's been with the Broncos since 2000. Perhaps there have been other "M. Anderson"s on Denver's roster since then?
Right, but if there was there wasn't one on the roster last week. I don't see any reason to not just use "Anderson"When Alex Rodriguez and Pudge were on the rangers both just used "Rodriquez" and you know what I wasn't shuked for one second.

Good info here. You sir are a fine American(?) and an asset to this community and the others. May you have eternal peace and happiness.
Didn't realize I was pushing any hot buttons here...thought I was stating the obvious. He does wear his full name on his jersey because he thinks its cool...several other players in the league do it for the same reason. You are only allowed to do it if another player has the same first initial and many players like to take advantage of the opportunity to do it when they get a chance. And I'm sure whether or not he is honoring Terrell Davis or not he still does think the mile high salute is cool. I don't believe serving time in the military exempts a person from any kind of gentle kidding for the rest of their life. I know it hasn't for me. But you're right I should be much more respectful. In fact I'm pretty sure he only smokes weed to ease the mental scarring and terrifying flashbacks he must have from being stationed in that war zone Okinawa.

Lighten up, Francis. :)

Users who are viewing this thread