What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sneak Peek at the Draft GM App (1 Viewer)

Hey Guys. Sorry for the delay, we've been working out getting things going with Apple. Two things real quick. The price for the Draft GM App is going to be $2.99. And to make sure we're totally clear with everyone, the next app that we'll be offering will be the Footballguys Draft Kit. It's going to be $4.99. It's going to include the Draft GM and integrate it into a magazine style content and analysis and information package. The Draft Kit will be available a couple of weeks after the Draft GM is available. We just wanted to make sure people were aware the Draft GM would be included in the Draft Kit a little later. There will only be one price of $4.99 for the Draft Kit. (there will not be a Draft Kit that does not include the Draft GM) So if you want the Draft GM when it comes out, go for it at $2.99. If you want to wait a couple of weeks and get the Footballguys Draft Kit which will include the Draft GM plus the magazine style content, it's $4.99. Thanks. J
Thanks for the update Simon.

Still waiting on the full Draft Kit version as referenced above. Does its release have the same timetable? I understand some of it is out of your hands, but i was just curious if we can expect that one this month as well or if it has been delayed for other reasons.

EDIT:

got a present in my email this morning and I see that the Footballguys Draft Kit is now available in the iTunes store.

Thanks Guys.

I assume the updated version of this one will eventually have customizable projections also? Just like you mentioned Draft GM will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a sneak peek in what is coming with Draft GM version 2.0. This has been coded and just went to the test phase. Allowing the rest of the week for test and a week for Apple to review and approve, we think this program will support all of these features around July 19th. Listed in no particular order:

- Dynamic Auction Support added. As the title implies, the auction values of the remaining pool players change as players are placed on teams.
- Drafts/Mocks can be reset to any point of a draft
- More advanced draft order setup - Customizeable by round and from the draft view
- Player adjustment slider to move players up/down rankings by adjusting their expected fantasy points scored
- Improved Artificial Intelligence now considers ADP when drafting
- Length based Scoring added (TDs and FGs)
- Exposed VBD positional adjustments (so users can tweak)
- Position by position roster limits can be defined (ie max of 4 RBs)

So I received an email stating that version 2.0 of the Draft GM is now out and that it supports full support for Auction drafts. I downloaded the newest version and unless I am totally missing something I do not see any support for auction drafts. I even tried creating a new league and there was no setting that I saw that would indicate a auction league. Am I missing something, is there a place to turn on auction league? Hopefully I am just missing it.

***UPDATE***

I was missing this. Simon answered this in another post. Its on EDIT LEAGUE->DRAFT TYPE->AUCTION

What baseline for VBD does the DraftGM use? I don't see anything within the app (Android Beta) indicating if its Joe's secret formula or lowest starter, etc. Would be nice to be able to customize this. As a beta tester I didn't see anywhere to discuss the program so hope its ok to do so here. The app is very polished and is working great.

Although I've always used DD as a tool to supplement my knowledge during a draft (as opposed to those who think having a computer means the software makes your decisions for you) I'm a little concerned about the low price for the app.

Nothing will replace time spent reading, the Shark Pool, mocks, etc., but a low-price makes it almost too easy for some to get "mostly" caught up. $2.99 is too cheap IMO.

I notice the DraftGM projections vary greatly from those in the Draft Dominator. This makes VBD change greatly between the two. For example: With my leagues scoring Dominator has the top QB (worst starter) at 137 VBD and DraftGM has him at 106 VBD. There's no easy way to get these two close and with a swing that size it effects the entire draft outcome. If the two biggest factors in a successful draft are projections and VBD then it seems a little more care should be given to the DraftGM app to set baselines for VBD and we need an easy way so the two programs can match up with their projections, VBD and baselines used. I know these aren't bugs but simply feature requests, but if you can't get your VBD numbers where you want them then its hard to switch over from Draft Dominator to DraftGM.

Having trouble.

I had 3 leagues, wanted to add a couple more but they aren't adding. I thought maybe 3 was the max, so I deleted 1 and tried to add a new one but to no avail. I also tried editing one to the new settings I wanted, once again it didn't work.

It's all up to date and everything.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'm going to use this over the DD this year. First auction is Monday night, I'll let everyone know how it goes. The latest version of it (Android) has worked well during several mock auctions.

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback so far. Really useful to hear what people think of it so far! The app won't have auction support at first. We've worked really hard on getting this thing stable, and developed from a really solid base for when it first launches. Unlike the Footballguys mobile app, there's no way of doing a "free for the first 2 weeks of the season" kind of deal. Without this, it's not possible to release to subscribers only without falling into Apple's "limited audience" rule. I absolutely hear the Android comments. We will have this on Android this year.
I just received an e-mail from another company that offers similar products and they offer a free version of an app for subscribers only. This seems to run counter to the statement above that this cannot be done.

Can someone tell me if the Draft GM is able to customize the draft order like the DD does (drop down menu for each pick)? My leagues have a unique draft order that is not strictly serpentine. I have to go into the DD and make a bunch of changes to the pick order so I am hoping the Draft GM supports this.

wakelawyer said:
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback so far. Really useful to hear what people think of it so far! The app won't have auction support at first. We've worked really hard on getting this thing stable, and developed from a really solid base for when it first launches. Unlike the Footballguys mobile app, there's no way of doing a "free for the first 2 weeks of the season" kind of deal. Without this, it's not possible to release to subscribers only without falling into Apple's "limited audience" rule. I absolutely hear the Android comments. We will have this on Android this year.
I just received an e-mail from another company that offers similar products and they offer a free version of an app for subscribers only. This seems to run counter to the statement above that this cannot be done.
This is a paid app (sold in iTunes) that they offered to you for free? I am curious to who is doing this and how they pulled it off. Care to share some details on what you are talking about?

Can someone tell me if the Draft GM is able to customize the draft order like the DD does (drop down menu for each pick)? My leagues have a unique draft order that is not strictly serpentine. I have to go into the DD and make a bunch of changes to the pick order so I am hoping the Draft GM supports this.
Yes this is in the app.

Having trouble.

I had 3 leagues, wanted to add a couple more but they aren't adding. I thought maybe 3 was the max, so I deleted 1 and tried to add a new one but to no avail. I also tried editing one to the new settings I wanted, once again it didn't work.

bump

Having trouble.

bump
If you report issues like this from the support tab of the app it's easier for me to help with the diagnostic info this would send. A reinstall would definitely fix and I'm looking into why this would happen as I haven't been able to replicate it to date.

It's there a way to migrate my MFL leagues to it like in the way the PC version does?

This is a paid app (sold in iTunes) that they offered to you for free? I am curious to who is doing this and how they pulled it off. Care to share some details on what you are talking about?
Pretty sure the "Guru"'s draft apps are free with a subscription.

Having trouble.

bump
If you report issues like this from the support tab of the app it's easier for me to help with the diagnostic info this would send. A reinstall would definitely fix and I'm looking into why this would happen as I haven't been able to replicate it to date.
I also did that (you replied to me).

Reinstalling than adding them again has worked. Thanks.

I downloaded the Android version and when it reaches 100% it states there is an error with the packet and kicks out. Happens every time. Anyone else seen this problem?

The difference is the Guru isn't trying to sell the mobile app separately to non-subscribers. You just have to log in to authenticate. ,I believe that's the only difference. FBG felt it was more important to sell it to non subscribers then to give it to subscribers.

I don't see why FBG couldn't have 2 different app's, 1 subscriber 1 non subscriber, though. May have to make slight changes to each to satisfy the Apple Gestapo.

nbajam said:
The difference is the Guru isn't trying to sell the mobile app separately to non-subscribers. You just have to log in to authenticate. ,I believe that's the only difference. FBG felt it was more important to sell it to non subscribers then to give it to subscribers.I don't see why FBG couldn't have 2 different app's, 1 subscriber 1 non subscriber, though. May have to make slight changes to each to satisfy the Apple Gestapo.
It's 2.99. Who cares just buy it and support FBG.

Remember guys that football guys bought go ahead score for their mobile app. So it is two things, FBG has to make extra cash on the investment or why do it and two there are people like me who were returning for the mobile app that they used last year. I decided to become an FBG subscriber anyway but I'm sure some people just wanted to use the app they used last year which is even better than it was last year

For android maybe they could include a login or in-app purchase. If you log in you full access but if you don't have a login you can just do an in-app purchase to unlock everything. Maybe make so they only do two rounds of picks with the limited app.

I guess no one knows the answer to my question about migrating MFL leagues to the app like you do with the pc version

The difference is the Guru isn't trying to sell the mobile app separately to non-subscribers. You just have to log in to authenticate. ,I believe that's the only difference. FBG felt it was more important to sell it to non subscribers then to give it to subscribers.I don't see why FBG couldn't have 2 different app's, 1 subscriber 1 non subscriber, though. May have to make slight changes to each to satisfy the Apple Gestapo.
It's 2.99. Who cares just buy it and support FBG.
I picked it up a few weeks ago to try it vs DD but I think I paid $3.99.

My auction league uses fractional bid values ($1.50). It looks like the app accepts fractional values as input, but ignores everything after the decimal. Without decimals I can't use it.

will the app allow user to input custom auction values? for instance, if I use DD to come up with my starting auction values, can I then input them into DraftGM to use for dynamic value during the draft?

Maik Jeaunz said:
will the app allow user to input custom auction values? for instance, if I use DD to come up with my starting auction values, can I then input them into DraftGM to use for dynamic value during the draft?
It does not.Also, its values end up a bit iffy imo. I used it for an auction a week ago, and it was awesome for keeping track of the whole auction. But the values were low for most players... and when I later put this league into the DD and the excel spreadsheet, their values were much closer to reality. I'm not sure what drives the difference though.

In the setup of the app, are the yardarge bonuses any different than the DD? For example regarding the bonuses, in the DD, there is a bonus field for 100 yards rushing, but not 150 or 200. Would anyone care to share what these values are in the app? One of my leagues only starts awarding points for yards at 50 for WR, 100 for RB and 300 for QB. Thank you.

neat app but I don't see how I can possibly track a live draft on MFL while inputting into the app all on my tablet. loading the draft board everytime I click off of it takes way too long..shame.

In the setup of the app, are the yardage bonuses any different than the DD? For example, in the DD, there is a bonus field for 100 yards rushing, but not 150 or 200. Would anyone care to share what these values are in the app? One of my leagues only starts awarding points for yards at 50 for WR, 100 for RB and 300 for QB. Thank you.
bump

neat app but I don't see how I can possibly track a live draft on MFL while inputting into the app all on my tablet. loading the draft board everytime I click off of it takes way too long..shame.
Definitely see where that could be troublesome. I did it on my Iphone while doing a live draft on my Computer and it is still a little tight when people are on auto pick and you have to catch up 5 draft spots lol. But I am MORE than satisfied with the results, see results in sig lol.

I've used it in every staff mock I've done so far this offseason (around a half dozen of them), and I haven't had any problems keeping up- and the FBG staff mocks go ludicrously quickly. I typically only switch over to check out the draft board right before I'm on the clock, though- I could see how it'd go slower if you're constantly switching back and forth.

My auction league uses fractional bid values ($1.50). It looks like the app accepts fractional values as input, but ignores everything after the decimal. Without decimals I can't use it.
multiply everything by 100 for a bigger cap.
I suppose. But the fact that it accepts fractional input and ignores it is a bug.
Looks like it doesn't really matter because the auction values are too wack to use. (Calvin Johnson at $14 for example).

Didn't see a specific thread for the magazine app so I'll post here.

Just bought the magazine app and, after working for a while, long enough to enter my league setting, it now crashes at the start up screen every time.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Try force starting the app and updating the data:

- double tap home button

- hold down on app's icon until it wiggles

- tap the red (-) button

- restart

- update data

Hopefully this works! If not email me at mobileapps@footballguys.com - will respond quicker there.

Users who are viewing this thread