What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sneak Peek into the FBG Mobile iPhone App (1 Viewer)

Not sure if its been mentioned but I'd like to see:

1- easy access to the subsciber contest. Not a fan of using safari on my iphone for this.

2-twitter feed intergration like other apps. You could have tweets from staff twitter & maybe tweets with the hash tag FBG

Looking forward to this app!!!

But I don't see how a FULL featured version of DD will translate to the iphone.....A custom cheatsheet from DD can be used on an iphone but having all the info that DD offers on a iphone will be tough to navigate through IMO?

Great job FBG! :thumbup:

will there be any extra info in a sub section?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word on the rumours* to include SJ96's Annual NFL Schedule Grid in the mix?

*Wholly unsubstantiated and started by yours truly. :popcorn:

Any word on the rumours* to include SJ96's Annual NFL Schedule Grid in the mix?
Obviously it will not be on the first release, but this seems like a smart thing that could be part of this for sure. We will put this on the list of smart things to add here.

David Dodds said:
TWP said:
David, this app looks great and future mobile app development sounds like a great idea, too. But there are some silly ways in which the DD and LD are outdated/not flexible. Is there any work happening on the structure of those core apps in addition to the mobile stuff? Either way, you had me at "hello". Great job, great site.
Of course we are going to keep updating the Dominator line of products. For example, I know we will finally be adding return yardage / scoring into a future version of the apps this year. Make sure you get your want lists into Bruce.
The one thing that is missing in Dominator for IDP guys is the separation of CB/S and DT/DL and different scoring rules for each.....most IDP players play with CB/S and DT/DE instead of DBs and DLs....

I think the subsriber content should be the most important feature (since we are paying to keep FBG running). We need access to rankings and all other features that we pay for.

If it could have MyFBG on it, it would be great. I know everyone (including me) wants DD on the iphone (or any other phone). But until that can happen, at least having a customized cheatsheet is good enough for me.

FreeBaGeL said:
Cassius said:
Looks awesome.Does it somehow allow for mobile-friendly forum browsing at all?
The FBG forums are already pretty easy on an iphone.
I totally agree! While it could be a bit easier, comparitively speaking, this is one of the best mobile board reads I've seen.Can't wait for the app, looks friggin awesome!! Agree w/ many others, this would be an EASY sell @99¢

Looks awesome.Does it somehow allow for mobile-friendly forum browsing at all?
Just browse it in Lo-Fi mode. Personally, I find the full version easy to read on an iPhone.David, would love to see (1) the articles available; (2) ability to get custom projections; and (3) some form of MyFBG.

tombonneau said:
any future plans for the ipad?upscaling an iphone app to the ipad doesn't look very slick
:goodposting: :shock: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: Running DD during the draft on an iPad would be fantastic. You could easily charge $9.99 for this app.
Not sure how the apple content driven revenue works. But a subscriber only content app would be nice. My guess is the fbg app is free. Then level of subscription gets driven thru the app. Problem is you don't want all revenue driven thru apple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear FBG are creating an iPhone app.

Here are my desired WEEKLY reports:

Waiver Wire/Upgrades

Cheatsheets/Rankings

Breaking News/Sunday Updates/Inactives

Top 250 (sortable by position & overall ranking)

Thanks! Can't wait to download the app, keep us posted.

Awesome stuff. Love that FBG is staying at the forefront of fantasy football innovation.
Thanks Grove. We've been working hard on this. Bruce, Doug, David and Keith have all done great work there. It's fun how these things take hold. This all happened really quickly as we made it a focus at our annual staff meeting at my house in March. It's been fun to see it develop from "no way can we do that" to "Yeah, I think we can do that". Very excited about the possibilities there.J

Just to add my vote... This is my fourth year as a subscriber, by the way, and I tell everyone in all three of my leagues that the reason I keep beating them is Football Guys... and my superior (luck) anyalytical skills.

First, I think an app is a great idea... for the iPad! I can use this on there, of course, but I'd like one that takes advantage of the real estate on the bigger screen (and higher computing power). I also agree that there should be subscriber content in the app. Cheatsheets and My FBG would be the coup de grace.

Second, please get DD on the Mac. With Macs being Intel based I have to think it's not as hard as it used to be. We might not be a huge portion of the population but I've been patient. :-)

This sucks!!! Don't get me wrong. Football Guys is the best website/information provider out there and it's the reason why I've won my league for the last two years. It's just that it sucks that this amazing, absolutely fantastic resource will be available to the dweebs too lazy to type "footballyguys.com" :hophead:

But since the genie is out of the bottle and this app looks amazing, please charge them $1.99 so the whole crew at Footballguys.com can benefit from their stellar work.

Thank you again FBG!

Could you expand on the Mobile Web Version for Android? Is this an app? Will it include everything we are talking about here?

Do you know when it will be released - since there is not the same approval process.

Thanks for the great work.

Could you expand on the Mobile Web Version for Android? Is this an app? Will it include everything we are talking about here?Do you know when it will be released - since there is not the same approval process.Thanks for the great work.
It's basically a web page that will act just like the iPhone App. It's formatted to work great on the little screens. The iPhone App will likely look a bit slicker, but both should function nearly the same. Both the iPhone App and the link will be free. So anyone with a Smart Phone can have access to this info.

any future plans for the ipad?upscaling an iphone app to the ipad doesn't look very slick
:confused: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: Running DD during the draft on an iPad would be fantastic. You could easily charge $9.99 for this app.
Not sure how the apple content driven revenue works. But a subscriber only content app would be nice. My guess is the fbg app is free. Then level of subscription gets driven thru the app. Problem is you don't want all revenue driven thru apple.
I think the App Store skims 30% off all purchases. Something like that. And while it is high, you are paying a premium for the buying ecosystem they have established.I'm a marketing director and trust me when I say it is *much* harder to get someone to shell out a $19.99 subscription online where they have overcome the trust factor of "Who are you?", then if they do that, fill out a form, get their credit card, enter it in, etc.Compare that to simply making in impulse buy (validated by ratings and reviews) on your iPhone/iPad by just clicking a button, and the improvement in conversion rates will easily sell enough to cover the Apple tax.But to me, the Draft Dominator is the killer app. If you can sell that to non-subs on an iPad, you will make a killing every August. Having the FBG will be nice, but running a draft on the iPad would just be too cool. :)

Please make sure you have the subscriber contest included so I can continue to make 70+ changes on a daily basis. TIA.

Blackberry is the highest selling smartphone company, why not an app (for BlackBerry) that will reach many more people?

Is this app available yet?
Apple turned it down the initial submission because it included NFL logos. The app was resubmitted to address Apple's concerns last week and we're hoping/expecting it gets approved soon.
This is why I don't do anything without first asking Steve. It's comforting to know that Apple and it's App store have a greater vision than I and are there to show me the way. Thank you Apple!

Users who are viewing this thread