What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So hungover this morning I accidently wore two different shoes (1 Viewer)

Any cliffnotes?
I haven't really read the latest but I'm sure it's along the lines of RNR complaining about something, good posters offering help by way of sound advice or some other means, and RNR lashing out at them claiming he's smarter. 

I haven't really read the latest but I'm sure it's along the lines of RNR complaining about something, good posters offering help by way of sound advice or some other means, and RNR lashing out at them claiming he's smarter. 
Just read through it.  This is correct.  

I wrote the regs for the City of Aurora.  My model was used by the Governor's Task Force for the State regs as a starting point.  I was a consultant to two of the work group's that produced the final State regs.  I also did a white paper predicting the eventual movement to try to start private "members only" consumptions clubs, a thing now coming to pass.

As for Rok, he is more than free to vent at me any time.  I take no offense as I place no value on his words.  I wish him luck.  I encourage him to realistic goals.  He is not yet ready to do the hard work of taking control of his life.  He sees himself as an object worked upon by external forces from an unjust world that has focused its misery on him, for no apparent reason, rather than an actor, capable of effecting events around him.  If it helps him to vent at me I am glad to provide the release.  He is in pain and if it helps him through the day that's great.

As for him being GM and not owner, let's just say that I do not believe any responsible business person would put their capital and their time behind him.  Let's also say that obtaining his licensure will not be a foregone conclusion, not by any means. 9I note my post did not assume he was going to be an owner, but as he said a GM.  GM's have license hurdles too Rok.)This is just another in his long line of fantasies.  I challenge him to prove me wrong.  I would like to be proved wrong.  Rok, can you harness your anger long enough to motivate yourself to prove me wrong?  Do it, if you can.
Damn man.  That's velvet.

Reminds me of the time so long ago, what a month, when Rok;'s friend the Chef was going to have Rok manage his new Restaurant/Coke distributorship.  Some guy he had recently met was so impressed with Rok's ability to do a line that he was going to risk his reputation and capital on having Rok run his new company, that in spite of absolutely no experience doing so.

Time to stop looking for others to validate your life.  Time to put away fantasies and excuses.  Past time to start working on yourself.  Spend the money you spend self-medicating on real treatment.  Take positive steps everyday, and build on them, one on top of another.  But no, instead he is already in love with a woman he does not know.  He will change his life.  He will be Daddy to her son, another avenue already gone down what, two months ago.

I hope he gets mad at me.  I hope he decides to prove me wrong, to shut me up.  I hope he motivates.  I dare him to do so.  I want him to have a career, not a job.  I want him to find mental health even if the path to that is anger at me.  I want him to have a healthy relationship, not one that is responsible for fixing him, put one he gets as a result of fixing himself.  All it takes is hard work, giving up feeling sorry for himself.

As for me commenting on your work ethic, working nearly full time, training new folks into the intricacies of serving tables, being assigned to busy shifts when everybody is assigned because, well its a busy shift, that shows me nothing.  You want to show me something, show up sober.  After your shift put your money in a bank instead of up your nose.  Stop playing video games and angry music during your free time and do something positive, learn a new skill, volunteer somewhere, meet folks working towards a future instead of dwelling on your past, get outside yourself, frankly inside yourself is not all that interesting.

Don't like the free advice, don't invite it by posting.
If you think it matters to me what you think then you are very much mistaken.

Conanthecontrarian said:
the advice may be free, but it is worth more than most of us have. DW has held up a mirror and encouraged jason to look in it. of course this will result in DW being labelled a hater and the cycle will continue.
Dr Phil of crap

If any of you think I didn’t understand the “ get off the pot” reference you are also very much mistaken
You appeared not to know it was a figure of speech as the below (bolded) was your response to jon_mx, which you didn't bother to clarify:

23 hours ago, jon_mx said:

It is a figure of speech.  
If I’m going to grow and sell pot pot I’ll be smoking it regularly again. I need to know and love my product.....and it will be free.
You were obviously still talking about the plant, not a commode, or would have acknowledged you knew it was an expression.

Last edited by a moderator:
You appeared not to know it was a figure of speech as the below (bolded) was your response to jon_mx, which you didn't bother to clarify:

You were obviously still talking about the plant, not a commode, or would have acknowledged you knew it was an expression.
I obviously know the expression “#### of get off the pot”. 

The reference didnt fly over over my head the joke flew over yours.

So we’ve had a couple of newbs start last week. One we all hated was fired yesterday and the other guy we have all taken a liking to. I played a great joke on him today.

we have a seating area around the grill. Someone set up a glass of water and a menu at one of the placements. It was apparently there for a while until the new guy brought it to my attention. Nobody had removed it for some reason.

”Is someone sitting there”?

My devious mind immediately started calculating how I could spin this in to a laugh.

” Oh. That’s for George. Just leave it there”.

” Who’s George he asked”?

” George was one of the owners good friends. He came in every Monday until he died about 6 weeks ago. Every Monday night we set up a menu and a glass of water in his memory. So he can order from heaven and be with us”.

The guy was puzzled for a sec and said “ Wow that’s really nice”.

I told him “ Go and ask Sam ( not the owners real name) about George. He loves talking about him and I’m sure he will appreciate you taking an interest. He’s told us a million stories about George. He was a hell of a nice guy”.

So the newb walked over to expo to talk to the owner. I was too far away to hear what was said but Sam’s eyes popped out of his head in astonishment and I could read his lips saying “ What the hell are you talking about”?

The new guy walked over looking at me like “ what the hell”! And I burst out laughing and then revealed the joke. He laughed pretty hard and said “ your an #####. I’m not believing anything you say again” and walked away to catch his breath. 

I then explained to Sam what that was all about and he couldn’t contain himself. Everyone loved it.

My army bud loved it and said “ dude that’s sick. Who does #### like that? That’s brilliant”

I told one of the bartenders and he scrunched his face to suppress a laugh, put a hand on my shoulder and said “ this is why I love you”

It brought us all closer and the newb in to the fold. It was a hallmark moment.

So we’ve had a couple of newbs start last week. One we all hated was fired yesterday and the other guy we have all taken a liking to. I played a great joke on him today.

we have a seating area around the grill. Someone set up a glass of water and a menu at one of the placements. It was apparently there for a while until the new guy brought it to my attention. Nobody had removed it for some reason.

My devious mind immediately started calculating how I could spin this in to a laugh.

” George was one of the owners good friends. He came in every Monday until he died about 6 weeks ago. Every Monday night we set up a menu and a glass of water in his memory. So he can order from heaven and be with us”.

I told him “ Go and ask Sam ( not the owners real name) about George. He loves talking about him and I’m sure he will appreciate you taking an interest. He’s told us a million stories about George. He was a hell of a nice guy”.

So the newb walked over to expo to talk to the owner. I was too far away to hear what was said but Sam’s eyes popped out of his head in astonishment and I could read his lips saying “ What the hell are you talking about”?

The new guy walked over looking at me like “ what the hell”! And I burst out laughing and then revealed the joke. He laughed pretty hard and said “ your an #####. I’m not believing anything you say again” and walked away to catch his breath. 

I then explained to Sam what that was all about and he couldn’t contain himself. Everyone loved it.
you are like the dane cook of waiters.

Reminds me of the time so long ago, what a month, when Rok;'s friend the Chef was going to have Rok manage his new Restaurant/Coke distributorship.  Some guy he had recently met was so impressed with Rok's ability to do a line that he was going to risk his reputation and capital on having Rok run his new company, that in spite of absolutely no experience doing so.

Time to stop looking for others to validate your life.  Time to put away fantasies and excuses.  Past time to start working on yourself.  Spend the money you spend self-medicating on real treatment.  Take positive steps everyday, and build on them, one on top of another.  But no, instead he is already in love with a woman he does not know.  He will change his life.  He will be Daddy to her son, another avenue already gone down what, two months ago.

I hope he gets mad at me.  I hope he decides to prove me wrong, to shut me up.  I hope he motivates.  I dare him to do so.  I want him to have a career, not a job.  I want him to find mental health even if the path to that is anger at me.  I want him to have a healthy relationship, not one that is responsible for fixing him, put one he gets as a result of fixing himself.  All it takes is hard work, giving up feeling sorry for himself.

As for me commenting on your work ethic, working nearly full time, training new folks into the intricacies of serving tables, being assigned to busy shifts when everybody is assigned because, well its a busy shift, that shows me nothing.  You want to show me something, show up sober.  After your shift put your money in a bank instead of up your nose.  Stop playing video games and angry music during your free time and do something positive, learn a new skill, volunteer somewhere, meet folks working towards a future instead of dwelling on your past, get outside yourself, frankly inside yourself is not all that interesting.

Don't like the free advice, don't invite it by posting.
I’m not the least bit surprised you look down on people working as servers. It’s people like you that make the job far more difficult than it should be and you will never know what it’s like to put up with turds like you on a daily basis.

I’m not the least bit surprised you look down on people working as servers. It’s people like you that make the job far more difficult than it should be and you will never know what it’s like to put up with turds like you on a daily basis.
sometimes when you are digging yourself a hole, your best move is to drop the shovel.

Ever try the banana in the tail pipe?

Wait.  What happened to being the new drug czar of Colorado?  Unlimited drugs and ##### galore! You miss one episode and all the characters change.  :kicksrock:

Interesting perspective.  Fascinating take away from what I wrote.

Hoping for good things for you.  No one wants to see another live a life of pain.

I would have expected someone with such a high IQ to have much better reading comprehension.

Just got back from a date with the new chick. Went well. Seeing her again after work and she may come over to my place tomorrow for a play date.

You could just go with a dab of mentholatum on your upper lip.  You won't smell her at all, just that clean, soothing, mentholatum smell.  It blocks out everything else.  One jar will last you a year or more.  Who knows, you might even get an endorsement contract.

"Hi!, RokNRole here.  Guys, does your woman's decaying fish smell cause you to gag and back away. Well I have the solution for you!"

I wonder what Ad agency has their contract?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an interesting noght. I was driving my army buddy home from work ( ya know the one with poor judgement?) and I was behind a Honda Scion. The driver clearly had trouble staying in his lane. My buddy was texting his girl at the time.

” Dude I think this guy in front of us is drunk”.

He looks up and a couple seconds later the Scion hits the curb hard and beers on to the center lane before getting back in the right lane. Told my buddy to call the police and I popped on the hazards while he called. 

I followed the guy for at least 3 miles while he told them the location while trying to get close enough for us to give them the license plate. It took a while to creep up on him slowly because he was swerving quite a bit and his speed was constantly changing. We followed updating them on the turns his was making and luckily they had a unit in the area.

After the third turn we saw a police SUV coming the opposite way and popped a U and threw on the lights. Then I popped a U and took my friend home while watching them pull the guy over in the rear view.

Guy was clearly smashed and luckily we could help so he didn’t kill someone.

Users who are viewing this thread