What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solar Panels buyers remorse (1 Viewer)

Having some doubts is understandable, especially with such a big financial decision. I've heard from a few friends who went solar that the long-term savings were significant, especially in sunny states like Florida. They mentioned being patient as the initial investment slowly pays off through lower electric bills and, sometimes, credits from excess power generation.
Since getting our money back wasn't even in our calculations, we didn't have to worry about any of this. But we still save money.
Same. I realize it’s a big expense, but it’s strange to think of PV solely as an investment, IMO.

So, what is the takeaway here? I’ll need to replace the roof on our house in Florida soon. Should I spring for solar, too? Looks like the price has come down a lot and the tax break is significant.
Work out how much you spend on your electric bill and see how long it will take you to make that money back. But yes the 30% tax break makes the whole thing a lot easier to swallow.

Got my panels turned on recently. In my first full week they generated 650.8 kwh. Extremely happy about that.
Is that a lot? I have no sense on any of this stuff, so not being snarky. Is that enough to cover all your needs? More than enough?
According to the googles an average household consumes 1000 a month. We were at about 2300 a month so it’s way more than we need. It will be less in the winter months but we will have enough banked to be good to go.

Got my panels turned on recently. In my first full week they generated 650.8 kwh. Extremely happy about that.
That’s good for February for sure. I’m usually in the low 300’s this time of the year which isn’t bad considering my peak is 380’s. I have 23 panels. Biggest mistake I made when I put the system in was designing it to be 105% of my previous year, which by chance happened to be a cooler lower usage year. Should have gone to 26/27 panels and given myself a bit more wiggle room

That’s good for February for sure. I’m usually in the low 300’s this time of the year which isn’t bad considering my peak is 380’s. I have 23 panels. Biggest mistake I made when I put the system in was designing it to be 105% of my previous year, which by chance happened to be a cooler lower usage year. Should have gone to 26/27 panels and given myself a bit more wiggle room
Yea we used a 3-year average since last year was hotter than usual in Florida (which is still always crazy hot in the summer).

Does anyone know how he Tesla roof compares to the 55 or 23 panel counts given above for more traditional solar panels?

Is that a lot? I have no sense on any of this stuff, so not being snarky. Is that enough to cover all your needs? More than enough?
According to the googles an average household consumes 1000 a month. We were at about 2300 a month so it’s way more than we need. It will be less in the winter months but we will have enough banked to be good to go.
On our previous house we had 26 panels. We would end up with monthly credits in the Spring and Fall.

According to the googles an average household consumes 1000 a month. We were at about 2300 a month
You got a homegrown weed operation or something? Why are you more than double the average?
lol no. I keep it brisk in here I guess. In runs non-stop in the summer, brutal here.
Where is "here"? You are using WAY more than us. (We have 36 panels.)

Never mind. I see you are in Florida.

According to the googles an average household consumes 1000 a month. We were at about 2300 a month
You got a homegrown weed operation or something? Why are you more than double the average?
lol no. I keep it brisk in here I guess. In runs non-stop in the summer, brutal here.

Yea there about 4 months a year here that is unbearable and we have a lot of windows in this house. Gets hot quick.

Yea there about 4 months a year here that is unbearable and we have a lot of windows in this house. Gets hot quick.
Our windows have that UV protection baked in. It really helps. You might want to look into that. (We're in Houston, by the way.)

So following up on my little story, I received my first 30 dollar bill from the electric company the other day (down from 525 the previous month) and I already have banked 940 credits for the next month’s bill, essentially ensuring another 30 dollar bill. Should be the norm going forward unless we have a stormy summer month where the sun isn’t out much.

Very pleased!!

So following up on my little story, I received my first 30 dollar bill from the electric company the other day (down from 525 the previous month) and I already have banked 940 credits for the next month’s bill, essentially ensuring another 30 dollar bill. Should be the norm going forward unless we have a stormy summer month where the sun isn’t out much.

Very pleased!!
Who did you use to install them?

Very pleased!!
Your electric was 525 in feb? You doing an mj grow in your basement?

Last edited:

Very pleased!!
Well, we have what Duke calls budget billing here. So it’s a rolling average of previous months. I had some bills last year that were substantially higher. Looks like it would’ve been 375 without the budget billing.

It’s hot in Florida bro.

Also, what’s a basement

Very pleased!!
Who did you use to install them?
Company called May Electric Solar

Very pleased!!
Well, we have what Duke calls budget billing here. So it’s a rolling average of previous months. I had some bills last year that were substantially higher. Looks like it would’ve been 375 without the budget billing.

It’s hot in Florida bro.

Also, what’s a basement
It is a thing that all the midwest and much of the northeast have that flood all the time.

Very pleased!!

It’s hot in Florida bro.

Also, what’s a basement
So when do yo break even at this pace?

Very pleased!!

It’s hot in Florida bro.

Also, what’s a basement
It is a thing that all the midwest and much of the northeast have that flood all the time.
Water table in 12 feet down around here. A few people have underground tornado shelters, almost all of them have seepage when the ground is soggy.

Very pleased!!

It’s hot in Florida bro.

Also, what’s a basement
Should be about 7 years.

Very pleased!!
It’s hot in Florida bro.
In Feb? You guys have windows that open or you just keep that ac running at 68 year round?

Very pleased!!
It’s hot in Florida bro.
In Feb? You guys have windows that open or you just keep that ac running at 68 year round?
Explained above but we keep it at 70 usually.

Very pleased!!
It’s hot in Florida bro.
U might be able to knock it down a few degrees with all this free juice. Start wearing sweaters around the house. I think that was a Seinfeld episode.

Very pleased!!
It’s hot in Florida bro.
U might be able to knock it down a few degrees with all this free juice. Start wearing sweaters around the house. I think that was a Seinfeld episode.
lol my wife gets hot now at night after she was preggo last year.

Very pleased!!
It’s hot in Florida bro.
lol my wife gets hot now at night after she was preggo last year.
She wasn't hot before? I wouldn't tell her that.

Very pleased!!

It’s hot in Florida bro.

Also, what’s a basement
Should be about 7 years.
Did that calculation take into account the eclipse today?

Users who are viewing this thread