What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sproles Owners (1 Viewer)

Texican

Footballguy
Just curious if any trades have gone through. Or what are you asking for / what are they asking you for?

:confused:

I just picked him up in a redraft from the waiver wire and was wondering the same thing. The LT owner in my league has Meachem and I own Colston. Am I short changing myself by making that swap?

Is the shark move to hold Sproles at least through this weekend?

I commented to the LT owner that LT has a Monday night game and may be a GTD and that the best fix would be to have Sproles as a solution (last minute change).

Asked for Edge or DeWilliams straight up ... said he'll get back to me by the weekend.

I need depth at the RB position.

I grabed him in a couple of leagues. As of now I can't get any deal to go through. In fact I've only met with apathy so far by any LT2 owner at the thought of traded them Sproles. I'm convinced that a significant number of LT2 owners are in absolute denial that he is in fact...only human. We'll see. I'll probably just hold onto Sproles for the rest of the year.

I was trying to pry Brees away from him for Sproles and Palmer. Wishful thinking I'll grant you, but if you need the QB upgrade, I think thats the sort of upgrade you can target.

I am trying to get Colston from him. No luck yet. I threw in Ronnie Brown and he is now considering it. I need WR help and have depth at RB.

LT owner has Brees and Rodgers. I traded Sproles/Campbell for Rodgers.

Maybe he was worth holding, maybe I could've gotten more. I don't care. But my RB's won't skip a beat, and as a Brady owner, this could save my season, so I'm not looking back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabed him in a couple of leagues. As of now I can't get any deal to go through. In fact I've only met with apathy so far by any LT2 owner at the thought of traded them Sproles. I'm convinced that a significant number of LT2 owners are in absolute denial that he is in fact...only human. We'll see. I'll probably just hold onto Sproles for the rest of the year.
As an LT owner, I'm convinced that the proposals I've seen in this thread are unrealistic. Yeah, he's human. Yeah, he's hurt. No, I don't think it's the end of the world or the end of his season. I would be willing to make a reasonable trade, but I'm not about to trade a Brees or a WR 2 for a guy who is going to give me average (or even slightly above average) output for a game or two. That's why I have a #3 and a #4 RB.

I am NOT an LT owner, but I picked up Sproles from the WW this week. I guess the LT1 oner doesn't care. I did offer him Sproles & Holt or Holmes (His choice) for Fitz though. Can't hurt to try!

As an LT owner, I'm convinced that the proposals I've seen in this thread are unrealistic. Yeah, he's human. Yeah, he's hurt. No, I don't think it's the end of the world or the end of his season. I would be willing to make a reasonable trade, but I'm not about to trade a Brees or a WR 2 for a guy who is going to give me average (or even slightly above average) output for a game or two. That's why I have a #3 and a #4 RB.
My sentiments exactly. And even if I WAS interested in Sproles, I would certainly not let the Sproles owner even sniff it. I wait it out, he drops Sproles price, or drops him altogether and that is when I make the move.

I commented to the LT owner that LT has a Monday night game and may be a GTD and that the best fix would be to have Sproles as a solution (last minute change).Asked for Edge or DeWilliams straight up ... said he'll get back to me by the weekend.I need depth at the RB position.
I don't know why you would do this ... Sproles has more value now than either of those scrubs.Egde sux and loses TDs to a GL vultureDeWilliams kinda sux and is in the process of losing everything to Stewart

LT owner here. I didn't handcuff Sproles to LT.

(Had I owned him last year, I'd not have left the auction w/o Turner.)

I did try to pick Sproles up last night, but my first waiver request was for Michael Bush.

(I missed on Bush and Sproled; ended up with Bradshaw.)

If LT misses significant time, I don't see Sproles as a solution. He just a wittle guy. I think that either Hester and Tolbert might get a lot of snaps.

Sproles is possibly a good one or two game sport start.

I don't need him. I'll start another RB or go 3-wide, if desperate.

So, I won't be trading for Sproles, as I believe it's just not necessary.

Just sending my 2¢ as to the attitude you all Sproles owners may encounter when trying to cash in on Sproles.

If he were so great, why would you be trying to trade him? :goodposting:

I commented to the LT owner that LT has a Monday night game and may be a GTD and that the best fix would be to have Sproles as a solution (last minute change).Asked for Edge or DeWilliams straight up ... said he'll get back to me by the weekend.I need depth at the RB position.
I don't know why you would do this ... Sproles has more value now than either of those scrubs.Egde sux and loses TDs to a GL vultureDeWilliams kinda sux and is in the process of losing everything to Stewart
:goodposting: If ANY Sproles owner is able to land Edge for Sproles, DO IT NOW!Trading Sproles for Edge this week is classic Sell High, Buy Low.Spoles had a big day last week. He could have a big game this Monday.Even if he does, trading Sproles for Edge is a no-brainer.

LT owner here. I didn't handcuff Sproles to LT.

(Had I owned him last year, I'd not have left the auction w/o Turner.)

I did try to pick Sproles up last night, but my first waiver request was for Michael Bush.

(I missed on Bush and Sproled; ended up with Bradshaw.)

If LT misses significant time, I don't see Sproles as a solution. He just a wittle guy. I think that either Hester and Tolbert might get a lot of snaps.

Sproles is possibly a good one or two game sport start.

I don't need him. I'll start another RB or go 3-wide, if desperate.

So, I won't be trading for Sproles, as I believe it's just not necessary.

Just sending my 2¢ as to the attitude you all Sproles owners may encounter when trying to cash in on Sproles.

If he were so great, why would you be trying to trade him? ;)
I'm in a similiar situation. I ended up with Michael Bush instead. Thought about offering Bush in a trade offer for Sproles, but from the sounds of this thread, it looks like that's not going to happen. And the owner who has Sproles in my league would rather combine Sproles + another decent guy for a big stud on my team. I'm not willing to do that, I'd rather roll the dice with LT and hold tight. I've got enough depth on my bench and I'm currently 2-0.

Waiting for Sproles value to increase is a HUGE gamble.

If LT gets healthy (or is rumored to be getting healthy, perhaps even just by participating in practice just partially today or tomorrow), Sproles value drops.

While Sproles value may be at an all-time high next Tuesday, I feel it's more likely his value is at that high TODAY.

Get what you can for your waiver pickup, and move on.

as a sproles owner, I see him as having #3/4 RB value all year.. no matter LTs health... I think this makes the ASK higher, than the BID, as most LT owners will be fielding LT or SPROLES...

and since I am in a dynasty.. I'll hold him and Hester for year or two possibly seeing if anything comes of either one

Im an LT owner and I would not give up anyone for Sproles. Any LT owner that does give up anything is :loco: . He is a wasted roster spot IMO. If LT was to be out for a long period of time Sproles would not step in and see all of LT's carries.

ETA: Its funny how valuable the Sproles owners in this thread think he is. Are you kidding me :confused: GTFO!

iM THE SCIENTEST i DISSAGREE WITH YOU ENTIRELY. iF YOUR A lt OWNER ESPECIALLY IN A DYNASTY Sprols is a must handcuff!

He went for a 1st round future rookie pick before last weeks huge game.

I would think Sproles value went up even more then that for LT owners

in Dynasty at least.

FANTASY PTS LAST WEEK. SPROILES 23 vs LT 4!

get used to it!

iM THE SCIENTEST i DISSAGREE WITH YOU ENTIRELY. iF YOUR A lt OWNER ESPECIALLY IN A DYNASTY Sprols is a must handcuff! He went for a 1st round future rookie pick before last weeks huge game. I would think Sproles value went up even more then that for LT ownersin Dynasty at least. FANTASY PTS LAST WEEK. SPROILES 23 vs LT 4! get used to it!
Thank you for showing me the light. Sproles ahd a week where he outscored LT! Excuse me while I rush out to see if I can trade Cotchery & Romo for Chansi Stuckey.

Sproles has looked better than LT since last season. You LT owners are in denial. Unless LT is 100% you should absolutely be picking up Sproles or trading for him. Unless you guys like getting 4 points from your RB1?!?!

Sproles is no slouch. He's been doing his thing since his Kansas State days.

Sproles won't loose squat to Hester IMHO. I remember Sproles getting goaline work in the preseason when Hester couldn't pound it in (and Sproles did score). Outside of the early preseason games I see no reason why Sproles isn't an every down back if LT is out/limited.

iM THE SCIENTEST i DISSAGREE WITH YOU ENTIRELY. iF YOUR A lt OWNER ESPECIALLY IN A DYNASTY Sprols is a must handcuff! He went for a 1st round future rookie pick before last weeks huge game. I would think Sproles value went up even more then that for LT ownersin Dynasty at least. FANTASY PTS LAST WEEK. SPROILES 23 vs LT 4! get used to it!
Not in my opinion. I'm an LT owner in a dynasty league and the sproles owner asked me yesterday if I wanted him. I told him I'd think about it. At this point I'll ride it out. I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for him.

Sproles has looked better than LT since last season. You LT owners are in denial. Unless LT is 100% you should absolutely be picking up Sproles or trading for him. Unless you guys like getting 4 points from your RB1?!?!

Sproles won't loose squat to Hester IMHO. I remember Sproles getting goaline work in the preseason when Hester couldn't pound it in (and Sproles did score). Outside of the early preseason games I see no reason why Sproles isn't an every down back if LT is out/limited.
Let's see: 37 carries for 164 yards, and 25 of those for 122 yards were against the pitiful Lions Defense. That means against the rest of the league he had 12 carries for 42 yards. Yeah, that's definitely looking better than LT. I can't imagine why the chargers insist on playing LT when they could be playing Sproles. Must be a ploy to motivate him.

Sproles has looked better than LT since last season.
Yeah. He looked good in preseason. Big whoop.
Unless LT is 100% you should absolutely be picking up Sproles or trading for him. Unless you guys like getting 4 points from your RB1?!?!
You see, I drafted depth. I start Chris Johnson in his place. Chris Johnson > Sproles.

Most fantasy owners do as I have done: draft for depth.

Michael Turner was a great handcuff. Darren Sproles is not.

Maybe not a slouch. Certainly not a stud, either. If this is "his thing" I don't see a whole lot to get juiced over.

Let's see: 37 carries for 164 yards, and 25 of those for 122 yards were against the pitiful Lions Defense. That means against the rest of the league he had 12 carries for 42 yards. Yeah, that's definitely looking better than LT. I can't imagine why the chargers insist on playing LT when they could be playing Sproles. Must be a ploy to motivate him.
Like I said you LT owners are in denial-your sarcasm just proves it more so. You can try to back it up with all the stats you want but the injury issue is showing on the field.Obviously LT is a better option than Sproles WHEN HE IS 100%. Nobody in their right mind would argue against that.LT is NOT 100%. He has no burst, isn't hitting the holes. He even took himself out of the game last week.Sproles looks better. Even the commentators in the game last week agree.Did you even watch the SD games this year? I've watched both and Sproles has more burst and is hitting the holes harder. LT has lost a step, or two. This injury is more than he is making it out to be. The fact that LT is having to sugar coat his injury 24/7 should be alarming to LT owners.I don't own LT in any format this year. This is strictly based on what I've seen during the games. If you can afford to get 5 points out of your RB1 slot then by all means start him with confidence.

I love the LT owners (not one of them)...they don't have him as a handcuff stupid move and now Sproles might cut into LT's carries due to toe issue and as the team saw Sproles be a great 3rd down back catching the ball.

Trust me those LT owners want him bad! You never know when your key RB will go down.

In 4 leagues and Sproles was just taken in all 4 off WW..WHAT WERE THE LT owners thinking?

Like I said you LT owners are in denial-your sarcasm just proves it more so. You can try to back it up with all the stats you want but the injury issue is showing on the field.Obviously LT is a better option than Sproles WHEN HE IS 100%. Nobody in their right mind would argue against that.

LT is NOT 100%. He has no burst, isn't hitting the holes. He even took himself out of the game last week.

Sproles looks better. Even the commentators in the game last week agree.

Did you even watch the SD games this year? I've watched both and Sproles has more burst and is hitting the holes harder. LT has lost a step, or two. This injury is more than he is making it out to be. The fact that LT is having to sugar coat his injury 24/7 should be alarming to LT owners.

I don't own LT in any format this year. This is strictly based on what I've seen during the games. If you can afford to get 5 points out of your RB1 slot then by all means start him with confidence.
What you don't seem to understand is that many (most?) LT owners will have better options than Sproles sitting on their bench.A handcuff who wouldn't crack your starting lineup even if the guy he's backing up was 100% OUT, is not worth carrying on your roster. That's exactly the situation a lot of guys that have LT are in here.

I love the LT owners (not one of them)...they don't have him as a handcuff stupid move and now Sproles might cut into LT's carries due to toe issue and as the team saw Sproles be a great 3rd down back catching the ball.Trust me those LT owners want him bad! You never know when your key RB will go down.In 4 leagues and Sproles was just taken in all 4 off WW..WHAT WERE THE LT owners thinking?
Post #28 should answer your question.

I love the LT owners (not one of them)...they don't have him as a handcuff stupid move and now Sproles might cut into LT's carries due to toe issue and as the team saw Sproles be a great 3rd down back catching the ball.Trust me those LT owners want him bad! You never know when your key RB will go down.In 4 leagues and Sproles was just taken in all 4 off WW..WHAT WERE THE LT owners thinking?
Why don't you do it for me..trying to figure it out still?

You want me to read post #28 to you? :thumbdown: Look I've got LT, Chris Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Chris Perry, and Felix Jones in a start-2 league. If I also had Sproles, he'd still be on the bench if LT was out -- Lewis would be the guy to start (with Johnson) in that scenario.I suspect other LT owners are in very similar situations.So what's the point of rostering Sproles, let alone trading something valuable for him, if he's not startable even in ideal circumstances?

Just looked up recent Sproles trades on CBS.

These are the most recent players he's been traded for (only including 1-for-1 trades):

Bernard Berrian

Jake Delhomme

Heath Miller

Devin hester

Eddie Royal

Sammy Morris

Felix Jones

Jonathan Stewart (!!!)

Matt Cassel

Tony Scheffler

Chester Taylor

David Patten

Brett Favre

Clearly, the iron is hot. You Sproles owners looking to cash in really ought to cash in fast.

Though Sproles' value might increase over the next week, it's not likely (IMO), as current value seems to presume a MNF start next week.

Sproles makes Maurice Jones-Drew look like Andre the Giant.

If LT has extended downtime, Sproles will not be the feature back.

To everyone dismissing Sproles because of his size, be careful - he looks like he's got the vision, lateral agility, and burst to more than overcome that lack of size. He ran through arm tackles and bounced off of contact last week, so I dont think it's affecting him that much. He looked like one of the most dynamic backs in the league last week, like the love child of Bush and MJD. I don't see how SD doesn't give him 10-15 touches a game to preserve LTs toe just because he's so explosive and elusive. I also believe LT's toe is worse than anyone is letting on - seeing him on the bench was way too reminiscent of the AFC title game last year. I think Sproles is talented enough to be a quality RB3/RB4 type especially in PPR leagues even on only 10-15 touches a week (he did pretty well on 9 last week, and also had a 40+ yard run called back by penalty). If this turns into a full blown committee, or LT misses time, Sproles is going to be one of the most valuable WW pickups of the season.

Of that list Topes posted, i would only trade sproles for Stewart (obviously), and maybe Morris, Royal, and Delhomme if I was hard up at QB.

To everyone dismissing Sproles because of his size, be careful - he looks like he's got the vision, lateral agility, and burst to more than overcome that lack of size. He ran through arm tackles and bounced off of contact last week, so I dont think it's affecting him that much. He looked like one of the most dynamic backs in the league last week, like the love child of Bush and MJD. I don't see how SD doesn't give him 10-15 touches a game to preserve LTs toe just because he's so explosive and elusive. I also believe LT's toe is worse than anyone is letting on - seeing him on the bench was way too reminiscent of the AFC title game last year. I think Sproles is talented enough to be a quality RB3/RB4 type especially in PPR leagues even on only 10-15 touches a week (he did pretty well on 9 last week, and also had a 40+ yard run called back by penalty). If this turns into a full blown committee, or LT misses time, Sproles is going to be one of the most valuable WW pickups of the season.Of that list Topes posted, i would only trade sproles for Stewart (obviously), and maybe Morris, Royal, and Delhomme if I was hard up at QB.
Thank you Bloom for disputing those in denial here.CBS is a joke and if you're using the trade history there to evaluate a players value then you are in trouble. That's why people make posts on FBG and that's why there are tools like the FBGs trade evaluator.If LT doesn't play then Sproles should be a RB2 with RB1 upside. It obviously depends on the matchup but I wouldn't expect much more than 10-25% less productivity from Sproles vs LT.

davearm said:
Look I've got LT, Chris Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Chris Perry, and Felix Jones in a start-2 league. If I also had Sproles, he'd still be on the bench if LT was out -- Lewis would be the guy to start (with Johnson) in that scenario.I suspect other LT owners are in very similar situations.So what's the point of rostering Sproles, let alone trading something valuable for him, if he's not startable even in ideal circumstances?
In your situation, you are right. You don't need Sproles. Cool.But that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of leagues out there where Sproles is startable. Not all leagues have the same number of teams or the same starting lineup requirements. LT owners getting uppity in here need to realize that Sproles may have more value to some teams than he does to your team. In larger leagues Sproles would be a "must-start" if LT was out. Heck, if I traded him to the LT owner today I'm almost positive he'd be in the starting lineup this week.

In your situation, you are right. You don't need Sproles. Cool.

But that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of leagues out there where Sproles is startable. Not all leagues have the same number of teams or the same starting lineup requirements. LT owners getting uppity in here need to realize that Sproles may have more value to some teams than he does to your team.
This is pretty much exactly what some LT owners are saying here.The topic of the thread is, after all: Sproles Owners, What are you getting from the LT owner?

So, let's hear from the Sproles owners.

What are you getting? What have you gotten? From the LT owners?

But that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of leagues out there where Sproles is startable. Not all leagues have the same number of teams or the same starting lineup requirements. LT owners getting uppity in here need to realize that Sproles may have more value to some teams than he does to your team.
This is pretty much exactly what some LT owners are saying here.The topic of the thread is, after all: Sproles Owners, What are you getting from the LT owner?

My LT owner offered Brandon Jackson for Sproles and Hester... I asked him for Aaron Rodgers, he has Palmer and Peyton Manning as well... he said no..

So, let's hear from the Sproles owners.What are you getting? What have you gotten? From the LT owners?
I could use a backup QB (only have Thigpen behind Eli). LT owner offered Frerotte for Sproles. I asked for Warner instead. Doesn't look like anything is going to happen this week.He is worried enough about LT to be shopping him around, so I'm sure he knows he needs Sproles.

I'm an LT owner in a redraft PPR league. Right after the games this past weekend the Sproles owner approached me and we made a deal that isn't too bad considering the amount of injuries I've had this year. I know I probably overpaid, but I have Gonzalez as my TE1 so I could go over a little bit so I had insurance for the season.

I gave: J. Carlson - SEA TE, F. Jackson - BUF RB

I got: R. Royal - BUF TE, D. Sproles - SD RB

Before week 2 I got Rhodes for him. He has LT and I have Addai. Seemed like simple, fair trade at the time. Don't feel as good about it after week 2...

I just moved Sproles after I pikced him up off WW last night, but I did not send him to the LT owner! I sent Sproles & Holt packing for Randy Moss.

Just curious if any trades have gone through. Or what are you asking for / what are they asking you for? :thumbup:
I don't have LT, but was still interested in the guys asking price. I floated Donald Driver & David Patten for Sproles and Norwood because I am deep at WR, he is very thin at WR, and I do own Turner.In 10-team league PPR, mind you......he countered with...."I'll give you Randy Moss, Darren Sproles and Jerious Norwood for Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson and Tony Scheffler."WTF?!?!?!? I like Sproles, but it's not like LT pulled a Ricky Williams and left the country.

My LT owner offered Brandon Jackson for Sproles and Hester... I asked him for Aaron Rodgers, he has Palmer and Peyton Manning as well... he said no..
Seems like all Sproles owners are getting a little greedy. I offered Lendale White for Sproles (I thought i was overpaying) and he countered with Chris Johnson for Sproles. I told him to go back and smoke a little more crack.

davearm said:
hellz_fireflies said:
davearm said:
hellz_fireflies said:
You want me to read post #28 to you? :goodposting: Look I've got LT, Chris Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Chris Perry, and Felix Jones in a start-2 league. If I also had Sproles, he'd still be on the bench if LT was out -- Lewis would be the guy to start (with Johnson) in that scenario.I suspect other LT owners are in very similar situations.So what's the point of rostering Sproles, let alone trading something valuable for him, if he's not startable even in ideal circumstances?
Actually if LT was out the only guy I would not start Sproles over is Johnson. You are underestimating how good he can be.

As a LT owner, yeah, I made the mistake of not picking him up on the waiver wire. I guess my only excuse is our league plays with small rosters. Definitely a mistake - not the first, not the last. At this point, if you're an LT owner your best bet is to wait it out. Sproles plays against what looks like to be a solid run D in Buffalo this Monday, and hopefully LT's toe will get better reducing the number of carries (and the value of Sproles in the process). If you want Sproles now you're going to have to pay the piper. Most people are basing what he did against the Chargers as the standard, but the Chargers haven't exactly had the best D lately.

As a LT owner, yeah, I made the mistake of not picking him up on the waiver wire. I guess my only excuse is our league plays with small rosters. Definitely a mistake - not the first, not the last. At this point, if you're an LT owner your best bet is to wait it out. Sproles plays against what looks like to be a solid run D in Buffalo this Monday, and hopefully LT's toe will get better reducing the number of carries (and the value of Sproles in the process). If you want Sproles now you're going to have to pay the piper. Most people are basing what he did against the Chargers as the standard, but the Chargers haven't exactly had the best D lately.
So Sproles was going up against the Bronco and Chargers D?Like I said, the majority of people on these boards truly don't have much of a brain.

So Sproles was going up against the Bronco and Chargers D?Like I said, the majority of people on these boards truly don't have much of a brain.
Thanks for the friendly correction. I meant Broncos D. What is your problem?

I'm an LT owner in a redraft league and I got Sproles off waivers last night (we have a 4 back limit and most owners had better backs on their rosters). However, my first priority was for M.Bush, not Sproles. Like another poster mentioned, if LT goes down I don't see Sproles getting all of the touches. I still see a RBBC. So in my case, I would not give up much for him. It's not a M.Turner of L.Johnson backup scenario....

Users who are viewing this thread