What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL1 Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

2.13 Tom Brady QB New England Patriots

This is a round later than last year for me and look at how well that turned out, LOL

I'll pm dp

3.04 Dallas Clark TE Ind

This draft is turning out much different from others for me but I rarely have an early draft pick, it is a big league at even at the SSL 4 level, the competition is much more tuned in than other leagues.

Will PM duckboy

Sorry - keep getting yanked around for work issues.

Really thought one of the WRs or Clark would make it back. Just not thrilled with anything really at this point.

3.05 RB Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints

Sorry - keep getting yanked around for work issues.

Really thought one of the WRs or Clark would make it back. Just not thrilled with anything really at this point.

3.05 RB Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints
We think alike, I had Clark as barely worth the 3.04 but knew he would not be there late in the fourth and the drop off in TE from him may be significant.Every year, I am next to one or two people who pick like me, this could be an interesting draft. I picked Chris Johnson seeing him as being what everyone wanted Bush to be.

3.06 Ronnie Brown RB MIA

Duckboy made my decision a lot easier.. Not sure why he's not happy, I love the Bush pick - nice start with Bush / Turner and Welker.

I like Ronnie Brown as well this year - Parcells won't spend to keep him long term, he thinks RB's are disposable - But, he'll have no qualms about running him into the ground before he ships him off.

Funny, seemed like a tough decision but, I'd rather have Bush now... Probably that Miami Stink, I feel dirty.

3.07 WR Lance Moore, NO

Really debating here, but I like this guy about as much as Colston with Brees throwing the ball so reaching a little might be worth the bet.

pm'n

3.06 Ronnie Brown RB MIA

Duckboy made my decision a lot easier.. Not sure why he's not happy, I love the Bush pick - nice start with Bush / Turner and Welker.

I like Ronnie Brown as well this year - Parcells won't spend to keep him long term, he thinks RB's are disposable - But, he'll have no qualms about running him into the ground before he ships him off.

Funny, seemed like a tough decision but, I'd rather have Bush now... Probably that Miami Stink, I feel dirty.
I have Bush on my "like him but he will go too high" list because of his (re)-injury risk, the emergence of Moore with return of Colston, and Brees tendency to go downfield rather than check down except in plays designed for Bush. Also, Thomas seems like he will take Deuce's role and limit Bush's red zone opportunities. I took C Johnson seeing him as a Bush like player with much less competition from WR and the O coordinators designed much of the game around Johnson. Bush seems to be viewed as support for Brees's decision tree.

3.07 WR Lance Moore, NO

Really debating here, but I like this guy about as much as Colston with Brees throwing the ball so reaching a little might be worth the bet.

pm'n
Might be a touch early but I would have grabbed him if he was available on my next pick. Would be nice to see him continue to get opportunity even with the return of Colston.

3.07 WR Lance Moore, NO

pm'n
Might be a touch early but I would have grabbed him if he was available on my next pick. Would be nice to see him continue to get opportunity even with the return of Colston.
Before the shoulder surgery, I'd be ok with this pick. Right now, though, I think there's some serious risk.

3.07 WR Lance Moore, NO

pm'n
Before the shoulder surgery, I'd be ok with this pick. Right now, though, I think there's some serious risk.
I saw that, but didn't get the impression that the surgery was that major(?)

3.07 WR Lance Moore, NO

pm'n
I took him way early 3.02 in the WSL and got brutalized for it. I had my sites set on Welker there also and he went one pick in front of me so I panicked & took Moore. Now, it's looking like it might not be such a bad play after all. :thumbup:

3.07 WR Lance Moore, NO

pm'n
I saw that, but didn't get the impression that the surgery was that major(?)
Completely forgot about that, saw something in the daily email like not till camp but ready then comment from Coach. Lucky for me you grabbed him, LOL. I would have been second-guessing myself until late August.

3.06 Ronnie Brown RB MIA

Ronnie was one of 2 other considerations (Edwards was the other), with the upside of Bush's numbers when healthy leading me to pick him. Just think that the 8 picks that went in between was my entire short tier, with a large tier after that, of which something would be around at 4.12 that was almost the same. Bush to me had the greatest upside of the tier, hence the choice.

dang Fro....was thinking Edwards was going to drop just a tad further....

3.10 Eddie Royal, WR, DENVER

we now pause the draft for the return of EBF

dang Fro....was thinking Edwards was going to drop just a tad further....3.10 Eddie Royal, WR, DENVERwe now pause the draft for the return of EBF
LOL, Fro was my drafting nemesis one year too. I was hoping Royal would somehow slip to the fifth. Really hard to know what is going to happen with the Broncos with two QBs with no time with system or WRs. I think one or the other will become the favorite, or possibly Scheffler. Could be a good year for the Denver RB (whoever that will be). Denver is the biggest headache.

FIFTH? FIFTH!? are you kidding - I don't think he would have made it back to my next pick. Denver will be fine and Orton and the receivers will be fine

Hey guys, I won't be home till after 9:00 EST, and many of the players on my short list have evaporated(not surprised) so I have to sit down for at least a few minutes and look at my sheets at home. Sorry if this stops things tonight. I will try and get home asap, but not much I can do from where I am at now.

FIFTH? FIFTH!? are you kidding - I don't think he would have made it back to my next pick. Denver will be fine and Orton and the receivers will be fine
Haven't you been burned enough by Denver. . . ex Travis Henry in WCOFF bid for your draft pick league.
I have a high pain tolerance Fro........look at the silly comments I put up with here...................but Royal, whom I drafted last year, was just fine, and I expect will be again with Orton and with/without Marshall

Hey guys, I won't be home till after 9:00 EST, and many of the players on my short list have evaporated(not surprised) so I have to sit down for at least a few minutes and look at my sheets at home. Sorry if this stops things tonight. I will try and get home asap, but not much I can do from where I am at now.
=WEAK.....since there is only one pick ahead of you

Really? you are only 1 pick away. YOu dont have a cheatsheet on you at all times? WTF?

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Ministry of Pain said:
Really? you are only 1 pick away. YOu dont have a cheatsheet on you at all times? WTF?
Lol... Let's call off the dogs fellas. I'm glad he's notifying us in advance that he doesn't have his sheet. We ask for communication, and effort. We're getting it from this group. This group will blaze through this draft most likely. Although the Kentucky Derby IS coming up.. I may be unavailable Saturday.

With the 12th pick in the 3rd round of the SSL1 2009 draft, the MInistry of Pain selects...

KnowSean Marino-RB Denver Broncos

Chorus of boos starts in Dolphin Stadium...

"You guys are gonna love Knowshon, I've coached known him since he was in Pop Warner"

You guys are gonna have to PM the next person, I still am out till after 9:00 for the 4th round

PMs? We don't need no stikin PMs - the guy on deck sent a LIST

per BSS list

3.12 Kurt "Bag em up" Warner, NFC Champion Arizona Cardinals

fishing for next

Captain Hook said:
Fullback Fro said:
Captain Hook said:
Haven't you been burned enough by Denver. . . ex Travis Henry in WCOFF bid for your draft pick league.
I have a high pain tolerance Fro........look at the silly comments I put up with here...................but Royal, whom I drafted last year, was just fine, and I expect will be again with Orton and with/without Marshall
I suspect Marshall will avoid a suspension. The NFL tries to inform teams before the NFL draft if players are going to be suspended for a significant amount of time (ex Lynch) so they can use the draft to help prepare themselves. In Marshall's case all the details where known well before the draft, his charges were dropped, and no word of a suspension has leaked. Just my hunch.

Users who are viewing this thread