What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL2 - Comments (3 Viewers)

I am going to post come comments just on the picks since my last post.

Again, criticism of my picks are fair and welcome, unless one of you is undermedicated and gets personal. :pokey:

My team:

QB Matt Ryan (4)

RB LeSean McCoy (1)

TE Vernon Davis (2)

RB Demarco Murray (3)

WR Brandon Lloyd (5)

WR Robert Meachem (6)

Starting with 5.09 and 6.08 (294's picks) - Sidney Rice, quality receiver poop-scooping QB play potential, awesome run game in Seattle. As his WR2, not bad at all, but he will be on bye with Lynch, but a late bye week. Ridley, great runner, but unless NE scores 800 TDs, there is a lot of talent to spread results around to. Woodhead, and now Addai will get the third down work, maybe more. Not the most awesome RB2.

BSS - Decker will do very, very well in PPR. Maybe better than Thomas. Nice value here. McGahee, still see that knee injury from his college bowl game, but he is a battler. However, Peyton's RBs are not used near to the pace Denver had. Moreno gone basically helps. I see the Broncos holding him back to provide backfield blocking for Peyton early until they are comfortable with his recovery.

Norseman - Turner, the forgotten RB. Not a real PPR presence, though it picked up last year IIRC. Yardage and per carry are dropping and he is playing on an offense that has really upgraded its passing game. Admire him as a person, though I think his production will continue to decline, sadly. Redman should do well the first few games, but who knows? Steelers have traditionally used the running game in short field situations, and he should have the start the first month at least. Could be a solid RB2, could be a single digit producer. I see other options honestly.

I had spent ten minutes reviewing recent news on Davis, not seeing that he had been picked. Will RGIII go through the rotation against NFL coverage or resort to running? Will he rely on Davis as an explosive short field (not RGIII's strength if I have read right) ability? Cooley? Just off a four game suspension for some drug use, next ding is a big one. Still, I wanted him as my TE2. Shonn Green, may be the bellcow, but he kinda sucked last year for the opportunity. Not involved much in the passing game and if Tebow takes the field, he will a) run more, b) lose the red zone touches. Not a running game I want to get in this year. Jets want their fans' Tebow frenzy stoked and will give him headline opportunities.

Torrey Smith, awesome speed, good catching skills. Flacco is causing grief, which is a bummer. Not a Flacco fan, don't know one really. I like him, and this is a good spot to select. The Law Firm should be solid, maybe what Benson was healthy. Cincinatti is a team that is turning it around. Nice opportunity for a solid back.

Reggie Wayne is still one of the most consistent receivers in the game, and Luck is not a head case. Limited competition, but will take tough coverage. Should benefit from departure of Garcon as much as he loses from departure of Peyton, well.. not that much. Helu will produce when on the field but who knows about Shanny? Very solid RB corps on this team.

Beanie, yeah, opportunity and the defense will always have to play the pass on this team. He is better than I want to admit, good value here. RGIII, not sure he will do a Cam Newton. If he tries to run in the NFL, he may get creamed. Probably will see lots of blitzes to rush his rotation, and not give him time in the pocket. I don't mind him as a QB2, not a qb1.

Time for me to run, try to get to the others later in an ETA.

with a whole new regime in Miami we have no idea what the pecking order will be there.

Also I agree with Meno, the Carolina backs are very over drafted, however I expect Cams rushing TD to decline, and Stewart always goes befoer Deangelo now? Why?

As far as the Saints RB situation goes, without payton, who knows how the interim coach in the first 6 games will call plays, not to mention what will happen when Vitt comes back in. Ingram could get a bigger share for sure, but he is injury prone as of now
I see this comment a lot.....and I guess I would just like to ask...why..?..it seems like an en vogue thing to say or something...almost like people think it just has to go down just because he had so many....quite honestly Newton may be the best red zone/inside the 5 runner in the league.....he is a beast, in the open field he is an absolute nightmare to deal with and around the goaline he is money and is strong enough to get in even when hit...I think he actually likes running around and messing with people...some might say he is option A in the red zone....the only reason I could see his rushing TD numbers going down would be if a mandate was handed down from the coach that they don't want him to run because they don't want him to get hurt.....I think that is one of the things we all want to assume coaches say, when in reality they know what their best options are and what gives them the best chance to score....I agree with the comments about the CAR backfield....to me they are all almost undraftable....which is weird because they have the best backfield in the game from a talent perspective.....theres just not a ton of fantasy upside there outside of Newton....

with a whole new regime in Miami we have no idea what the pecking order will be there.

Also I agree with Meno, the Carolina backs are very over drafted, however I expect Cams rushing TD to decline, and Stewart always goes befoer Deangelo now? Why?

As far as the Saints RB situation goes, without payton, who knows how the interim coach in the first 6 games will call plays, not to mention what will happen when Vitt comes back in. Ingram could get a bigger share for sure, but he is injury prone as of now
I see this comment a lot.....and I guess I would just like to ask...why..?..it seems like an en vogue thing to say or something...almost like people think it just has to go down just because he had so many....quite honestly Newton may be the best red zone/inside the 5 runner in the league.....he is a beast, in the open field he is an absolute nightmare to deal with and around the goaline he is money and is strong enough to get in even when hit...I think he actually likes running around and messing with people...some might say he is option A in the red zone....the only reason I could see his rushing TD numbers going down would be if a mandate was handed down from the coach that they don't want him to run because they don't want him to get hurt.....I think that is one of the things we all want to assume coaches say, when in reality they know what their best options are and what gives them the best chance to score....I agree with the comments about the CAR backfield....to me they are all almost undraftable....which is weird because they have the best backfield in the game from a talent perspective.....theres just not a ton of fantasy upside there outside of Newton....
Well Cam did set the all time rushing record for TD for a QB, sure he could break it again, but Im thinking he regresses to the mean (LOL) and tries to throw it a bit more. Coaches are not dumb either they want to keep him healthy so this year I suspect they hand-off/pass more in the red zone.

Been busy but finally had a chance to read this thread. Good stuff.

Count me in as a believer in Matthews this year. I really wanted him at 1.12. He's a clear cut choice for me at RB4 and I wouldn't be shocked if he challenges for RB1. I'm not going to label him an injury risk yet so what's not to like? Talent, Tolbert gone and no real RB2 on the team so more opporutnity for carries and TDs, receiving ability, good offense and Norv's history of RBs. He was RB7 last year with 2 missed games and scored 240 FP. With his 2nd year and current opportunity 300-330 FP isn't unrealistic which puts him in elite status.

I agree with Aaron on Fred Jackson. People seem to be forgetting he was putting up top 3 stats last year because Spiller had a nice few weeks. So while Spiller earned some more carries, FJax will still be the lead back. And we'll have to see what Spiller can do with limited 5-10 carries a game. But there's no way I'd be drafting Spiller over Jackson.

What to make of Ingram? Jeff pointed out he's a steal if he's healthy. That's not the only caveat...he has to assume the lead back workhorse role and that's not guaranteed. There's two other backs (and possibly 3 but I doubt Ivory is even a game day active most weeks) that are pretty darn good so I don't see Ingram getting the carries to justify a steal (Fred Jackson got that moniker ;) ). While I think Ingram is a better talent, all these question marks were too much of a gamble for me, especially with Jamaal Charles already on my roster. I needed safer, more stable RB2 and that's why I went with Greene even though I was quite meh on the pick.

The same thing happened in SSL1, so this isn't a shot just at you norseman.But I think you people taking Isaac Redman in the 6th round are crazy.
But Hillis in the 6th is ok? I don't get it. I'm interested in your thoughts on both those picks.
Hillis was the #2 RB in 2010 so at least he has a recent history of success. I'm not sure how him and Charles will split the workload exactly, but I think that's about where he should go.Redman looks like the last man standing in Pittsburgh too though and he finished last year pretty strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'Aaron Rudnicki said:
I have doubts that Reggie will be able to handle that type of workload with defenses keying on him on every play. Receptions will be there but touchdowns probably won't be.
I tended to think so as well, but he did score 7 last year (6 rushing) and 3 of those were 5 yards or less, including two 1-yard runs.So yeah, he's not a goal line beast for sure, but he gets his points and several TDs. I could see him getting 10 scores if they give him closer to 300 touches - but that is a lot. Something more like 1,500 total yards with 500 or so as a receiver and about 8 scores sounds about right.
Those short TDs are what made him special last year. I had him in the 25k contest last year and even with those short TDs, trash like Howling, Barber, Jones, etc, almost obsoleted his production. I have a very bad feeling about him this year. I'd take Fred Jackson 2-3 rds before Bush with no hesitation. If Jackson hadn't gotten hurt he'd be going in the late 1st / early 2nd this year. Thru week 11 last year Jackson was the 3rd ranked RB behind Rice and McCoy. He had more recpts than McCoy and yards than Rice by a huge amount. He was lagging both those guys by 4+ TDs. Give him 3 more TDs at that juncture and he's the #1 rated RB.

'menobrown said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'menobrown said:
Not sure why Jeff thinks Ingram is a steal if healthy. I think Reggie in the 5th is the pick you should have been excited about. If Ingram is healthy he joins the 3 man RBBC and similar to the Carolina backs offers you limited upside with more single digit games than double digit games.
I think the Saints will be more inclined to run this year, and Ingram will be the Bell Cow. I like Sproles but he's the 3rd down back who catches plenty of passes on wheel routes, but that offense is potent. The Saints scored 59 touchdowns last year but only 14 on the ground. I have to think that they'd like to be a little more balanced and their true feature RB who was selected in Round 1 last year would be the weapon of choice in the Red Zone - an area they tend to frequent. Ingram had just five of those but he played in only 10 games. I think 1,200 rushing and 1,400 total yards and 10 TDs are attainable numbers if he takes on most of the rushing workload (the Saints rushed for over 2,000 yards as a team, even with Brees throwing for almost 5,500 yards).
Honestly I think your projections are wildly off. I spent a lot of time around this time last year running out of breath telling people Ingram was not going to be a bell cow back, that's not the system they use. I felt that way when I thought Ingram was really good and Sproles had not established a major role.Now we saw Ingram and we saw he was not used as a bell cow RB last year. We also saw a player that did not give me any reason to think the team would push to make him a bell cow RB.Besides Sproles breakout and PT's solid play Ingram looked a step slow to me. Being perfectly honest here I thought Ivory looked like the more explosive back. IMO Ingram is solid in all facets of the game but not great in anything and I don't think he's the best on this team at anything. I think he trails PT and Sproles in the passing game and he's not as good a power back as Ivory. Now I think Ivory is going to be inactive weeks all 3 backs are healthy so I do finger Ingram for the GL job but I see that as his major role and a player you are going to need to score a TD to make it to double digits fantasy points. This to me makes him a solid pick so not knocking the pick but don't see the reason for the excitement. I'd also add I only see it as a solid pick in this format that does not require submission of a starting lineup. As an example I've got Ingram on a dynasty team of mine and barring attrition to the Saint's RB corps I don't view him as anyone I'd ever feel solid about putting into my starting lineup.And oh, this is all assuming he actually can get past his knee issues.
I'm in agreement with meno on Ingram 100%....he may be the 4th best RB on that team....Sproles is a defensive nightmare....they LOVE the way Thomas plays in NO, Brees loves him, he plays hard...and personally I think a healthy Ivory is too good to be a game day inactive....they should deal him if thats really the case....I just don't see Ingram getting enough time to be a lead back on that offense....

If Jackson hadn't gotten hurt he'd be going in the late 1st / early 2nd this year. Thru week 11 last year Jackson was the 3rd ranked RB behind Rice and McCoy. He had more recpts than McCoy and yards than Rice by a huge amount. He was lagging both those guys by 4+ TDs. Give him 3 more TDs at that juncture and he's the #1 rated RB.
But this is not last year and he did get hurt and now the genie's out of the bottle. Spiller did not even average a measly 4 touches a game when Fred was running wild. How their roles are divided this upcoming season I don't know. I do know I'd rather have Fred next year than Spiller but there is no way Spiller is going back to that reduced role.

Chad Ocho Cinco is the WR to own in NE....Sounds crazy, I know, but I think this is the year. THAT statement may seem pattently absurd to most, however its no crazier than.....

This is the year to own Jonathan Stewart....or.....

This is the year to own Mark Ingrham.

Nothing has changed, to make me believe in either of the last two.

Finally having a chance to comment...

So I guess I am in the minority, as I am not as high on Mathews. I admittedly only get to see limited games, being on the east coast. But, to me he seems like a "good" RB in a very good situation. When I watch him, I don't see elite. I think he will put up good production, which could lead to Top 10, but I think you have to be special to be Top 5 or dare I say 3. Maybe I'm wrong, & need to watch more of him. But for now at the spot where you guys are drafting him, I say no thank you

The same thing happened in SSL1, so this isn't a shot just at you norseman.But I think you people taking Isaac Redman in the 6th round are crazy.
But Hillis in the 6th is ok? I don't get it. I'm interested in your thoughts on both those picks.
I typed up a post last night and I thought I posted it but I guess I didn't. :mellow: So maybe "crazy" is a strong word for Redman in the 6th, but I think it's a very big risk. Mendy getting paid the most and back at some point, J Dwyer showing some promise, Byron Batch (who, by all accounts, they were crazy about pre-injury last year), a speedfreak rookie coming in,. Redman is good enough but not more than that and probably not the long term answer IMO. PIT's RB fantasy situation is a complete mess this year. I'm staying away from Redman unless he goes past RB40.Hillis has shown what he can do before. He is clearly more talented than Jackie Battle and JCharles is coming off a major knee injury. I'm not delusional about who the workhorse in KC is, but The Chiefs were in the top 5 of rushing attempts last year. Hillis will get a decent share of those.

By the way, I appreciate the help with PMs as I ask for them in the thread. I'm at a new job and inturtube access during business hours is tough, most of my daytime picks will be from my phone.

Starting lineup:

4.10 Jeff Pasquino - Ben Roethlisberger - QB11 - PIT

5.07 Jeff Pasquino - Reggie Bush - RB22 - MIA

6.10 Jeff Pasquino - Mark Ingram - RB32 - NO

2.10 Jeff Pasquino - Roddy White - WR6 - ATL

3.07 Jeff Pasquino - Jordy Nelson - WR14 - GB

7.07 Jeff Pasquino - Justin Blackmon - WR37 - JAX

1.07 Jeff Pasquino - Jimmy Graham - TE1 - NO

Great comments above. I'm solidly in the fjax camp. Drafted him in 2 SLs so far this summer. The guy flashed elite skills when finally given a shot but for some reason he's lasting till the 5th rd due to his injury and spiller. Valid concerns but 5th rd seems late. was very happy to grab him and turner in the 4th 5th.

'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
'AhrnCityPahnder said:
Through 7 rounds..A RodgersFrank Gore, P HillisAJ Green, Antonio Brown, Anquan BoldinT Gonzo:coffee:
one word: OLD.See if Rodgers and AJ have enough youth to bouy those senior citizens
I'll jump in here. I looked at this roster and saw some "wear and tear" concern. Age doesn't necessarily equate to w&t, but there is not doubt that the cumulative w&t is amplified by age. I played division III football, know the hits at that level, and had a defensive tackle on our squad that would have gone pro if he hadn't gone ganja. The hits at the NFL level are punishing.Let me diverge to the example of Michael Turner, a man I deeply respect and championed to move on from behind LT's shadow earlier in his career. Turner was supposed to be younger than his age due to his limited use in SD. Indeed, the first season or so, he ran as a punishing back. However, he succumbed to the overuse quicker than I expected, even given his age.Gore has been playing as an equally punishing back, better in many regards as a back than Turner (I say despite my respect for MT). Clearly, he is beginning to w&t. Gore's style does not allow for him to second guess or attempt to slant off tackles. Neither are the plays designed that way. SF has really built up the passing game. Gore's injury history is beginning to establish itself, and the cumulative effect, whether it be in the knee cartilage, vertebral discs, chronic traumatic encephalopathy, etc. I watch for him to begin to succumb to the turning of the calendar page, as much as it pains me to say it.Hillis is even more so of a power back, and the way he was used in Cleveland (and the Madden curse) made me consider this de facto holdout last half of last season that he may have felt that he might have been giving too much to himself to a team that was not committed to him. He is going to an offense that is stacked with talent (Bowe, Baldwin, Charles, that scatterback, Moeaki (sp?), etc). The hope for Hillis is tied to the delay in Charles's return. It would take a step back in the passing game as well, which should improve. We all sensed Hillis becoming less productive (another player I really respect, heralded him to leave Denver to shine, which he did).Gonzo has no injury history and is very particular about his health and conditioning. He is smart, athletic, and not used to block too often. Gonzo is the last of the three to succumb to age and w&t, but then too, the age factor is there. In this game, a slight dip in performance (vertical, top speed, quickness, cutting ability, etc) can be a difference maker. I may be biased, at 46, and continuing to train at a level near what I did as a young man, I know the difference in recovery, response, and the effect of injury. SJax is another player I would be watching to see how his performance changes this year.That said, Both backs have had injury issues, and have a style that is punishing. Hillis will be affected by opportunity as well. He is not the only receiving back, but the only power back (if Jones is released, haven't looked to see what his status is). Gore's central role in the niners offense may switch to the passing game if Smith can progress as a qb.The Falcons have not worked to bring in Gonzo's replacement, so perhaps they feel comfortable with his status.The two backs are risky for the draft picks.

QB2 and TE2 before RB3. Mistake?
No.
QB2 and TE2 before WR3. Mistake?
Yes.
Thanks for that info. I didn't know that. I had always thought there was more than one way to build a team. Guess I'm screwed.Anyone want to take over this team, It can't win I picked a 2nd Tight end before the plan allows.
I'm worse than you since I took a QB2 and TE2 before WR2 so I guess I'm really in bad shape.Seriously I have no qualms or regrets at this point about passing on WR2 but I knew beyond a shadow of doubt this strategy would play poorly in the public opinion. There is a way to draft to win the league and there is a way to draft win the public opinion poll. I'm trying to win.

No.
Yes.
Thanks for that info. I didn't know that. I had always thought there was more than one way to build a team. Guess I'm screwed.Anyone want to take over this team, It can't win I picked a 2nd Tight end before the plan allows.
I was speaking generally. But, don't let that preclude any butthurtness.

No.
Yes.
I was speaking generally. But, don't let that preclude any butthurtness.
:lmao:

QB2 and TE2 before RB3 or WR3. Mistake?
This is a good question, and I honestly don't know how many of these you've done - but in 16 teams in a Survivor league with limited rosters, this is one of the big questions you have to ask yourself. What positions are going to dry up the most and fastest, and how to I draft accordingly?If you think WR30-WR60 are all about the same, letting your WR3 slide makes perfect sense. Plus you can go WR3BC here due to best ball.QB2 will dry up quickly I think due to the positional scarcity (only 32 starters) and the uneasiness of who will start for several teams. I think that's one of the riskiest positions this year (which is why I went for my QB2 in Round 8 despite good values at other spots).TE2s seem to be deeper to me this year, so I likely would not have gone for a TE2 early - but that also depends on your confidence in your TE1. Two of us went TE in Round 1 and 3 more went in Round 2 - I would expect Round 1 and 2 picks to not go after backups early. I'd expect the same about those teams who go QB early - they may tend to let QB2 slide.It's all part of the fun here to try and figure out what will be left in each round.

RB James Starks
This is the name that I was surprised was still there at my 8th pick.

I really debated taking him, but felt I couldn't let QB go another round for me.

That said, good pick.

By the way, Ruds also took my other player of 2 last time - my list was Blackmon then Santonio Holmes. Good picks.

QB Tom Brady (9), Jake Locker (11)

RB Steven Jackson (9), Fred Jackson (8), James Starks (10)

WR Greg Jennings (10), Percy Harvin (11), Santonio Holmes (9)

TE Dustin Keller (9), Heath Miller (4)

Missing Brady, SJax, Holmes, and Keller in week 9 is going to suck. So I figured I needed to play for immunity in week 8. Hopefully Starks can go for 100 yards and a couple touchdowns as the Packers punish the Jaguars in Lambeau. Other matchups that week generally look favorable as well: Brady @ STL, Locker vs IND, SJax vs NE, Jennings vs JAX, Harvin vs TB, Holmes and Keller vs MIA/H.Miller vs WAS.

Through 9 rounds, time for an update

QB Peyton Manning

RB Ryan Matthews

RB Trent Richardson

RB Ben Tate

WR Demarius Thomas

WR Pierre Garcon

WR Titus Young

TE Aaron Hernandez

TE Owen Daniels

QBs Grade B- I'm a believer in Peyton. I think he plays every play this year. No one will out work him. Yes, its a new team, a new offense, and he's comming of neck surgeries. I don't care he is still a 4200 yard 30 TD QB. The only reason my grade is so low id my back up will suck and no QB lights it up for 16 weeks so I will hurt on those couple of down games and Peyton's bye.

RBs Grade A Yes, I've bought into Ryan Matthews. There has been alot of talk about him in this thread. I think he is top three this year. Richardson will be a stud, a three down bell cow. Tate is the best back up RB in the NFL, in a best ball format behind a guy who has had some health issues. This RB threesome is one of the best in this league.

WRs Grade C+ Many may disagree with this grade. Alot of you will trash my whole team because you don't like my receivers. I have 2 guys who are WR1 on their team and a #2 on one of the best offenses in football. All three are homerun threats and they are great Bestball recievers, I'll add more as the draft progresses.

TEs Grade A As tight ends become more prevelent in NFL offenses, I believe you need two good ones to be competitive, especially whem you consider their high propensity for injury. I think this is the best tandum in this league. Daniels in the seventh was grand larceny.

Overall A-/B+ I like this team, let's see how the second half of the draft shapes up.

Starting lineup:

4.10 Jeff Pasquino - Ben Roethlisberger - QB11 - PIT

5.07 Jeff Pasquino - Reggie Bush - RB22 - MIA

6.10 Jeff Pasquino - Mark Ingram - RB32 - NO

2.10 Jeff Pasquino - Roddy White - WR6 - ATL

3.07 Jeff Pasquino - Jordy Nelson - WR14 - GB

7.07 Jeff Pasquino - Justin Blackmon - WR37 - JAX

1.07 Jeff Pasquino - Jimmy Graham - TE1 - NO
8.10 Jeff Pasquino - Sam Bradford - QB23 - STL9.07 Jeff Pasquino - Randy Moss - WR48 - SF

Just an fyi...I'll be adjusting the draft clock as needed next week to get you guys done before the holiday week.

Anyone care to explain to me why Buffalo D/ST went so early?
Mario? A top 10 pick on CB, I really dunno but they have been going early in the drafts check SSL1
Just surprised they were in the Top 10.
I've never bothered up to add up the defensive scoring system in this league versus most of the other leagues I play in every league I participated in last season the Bills were already either the #7 or the #10 fantasy defense last season so already a top 10 unit for fantasy. This was before they added Mario Williams and Mark Anderson to form a potentially dominant DL and drafted a CB in the top 10 who is a walk in starter.

Anyone care to explain to me why Buffalo D/ST went so early?
I think they were top-10 last year and there are some pretty clear reasons for optimism:1) Signed DE Mario Williams2) Signed DE Mark Anderson3) Drafted CB Stephon Gilmore4) Wanndstedt at DC; switch to 4-3 front a better fit for the team's personnel5) Should get a healthy DT Kyle Williams back6) Continued improvement from young starters like DT Marcell Dareus, CB Aaron Williams, and MLB Kelvin Sheppard7) Schedule looks much easier8) Offense could be improved if Fitz injury was reason for his 2nd half decline in 2011, and offensive line has fewer injuriesJust what I could think of. Mario is the key though. The rest of the stuff wouldn't be nearly as significant without adding an impact player at the team's biggest position of need.

Well, nothing but Kickers and Defenses left for my last 4 picks, so I'm going to glance at the draft. Mine has been pretty hectic.

4.08 MrTwo94 - Tony Romo - QB9 - DAL

8.08 MrTwo94 - Matt Flynn - QB22 - SEA

3.09 MrTwo94 - Steve Smith - WR15 - CAR

5.09 MrTwo94 - Sidney Rice - WR28 - SEA

9.09 MrTwo94 - Nate Burleson - WR49 - DET

10.08 MrTwo94 - Davone Bess - WR56 - MIA

13.09 MrTwo94 - Steve Breaston - WR69 - KCC

14.08 MrTwo94 - Damian Williams - WR75 - TEN

2.08 MrTwo94 - Marshawn Lynch- RB10 - SEA

6.08 MrTwo94 - Stefan Ridley - RB31 - NE

7.09 MrTwo94 - LeGarrette Blount - RB35 - TB

11.09 MrTwo94 - Daniel Thomas - RB52 - MIA

1.09 MrTwo94 - Rob Gronkowski - TE2 - NE

12.08 MrTwo94 - Tony Moeaki - TE27 - KC

Really happy with QBs for a 16 team league. Had to draft them in the 4th and 8th rounds, but with 6 pt passing TDs, I wanted good QBs.

WRs are ok. Breaston and Williams were quick picks - just guys I remembered quietly putting up numbers last year. Really wanted Brandon Lloyd.

Took some gambles at RB. Big fan of the Seattle offense this year and I expect a lot of TDs from Lynch. Was thinking about grabbing Ridley and Vereen, but just stuck with Ridley in the hopes of him landing the BJGE role. I'm a believer in Blount's skills and I've seen too many rookies start slow, so I'm taking a gamble that a motivated Blount earns 200 carries this year. Daniel Thomas - would've rather had Kevin Smith but I timed out. Can't see Reggie carrying the load and Thomas was pretty new to RB last year. Curious to see what he does with some experience under his belt this year.

Really wanted M. Bennett as my TE2, but hopefully TE2 doesn't get used much with Gronk being my TE1. Felt really weird taking a TE in the first round.

General draft notes:

Huge gamble with ADP going 13th overall.

Given the suspect offense and general question marks for a rookie, Richardson as RB11 is too rich for my blood, but it could work out.

Sproles as RB12 really surprised me.

Stevie Johnson had an injured groin most of last year. I think he'll easily outpeform WR23.

Jonathan Stewart seemed like at least a 2 round reach.

Brandon Lloyd at WR26 seems like a steal.

Spiller and FJax going RB20 and RB21 was interesting and I can't say I disagree with it. Spiller will have a larger role. FJax still has skills, but he'll have less touches.

Demaryius Thomas and Decker going 5.08 and 5.10 is noteworthy, too. I remember speculation that there'd be a few rounds between them.

I like Beanie at RB24. Guy did pretty well in an anemic offense last year.

I was really tempted to take Ingram over Ridley, but just couldn't quite do it. Nice upside play, though.

Meachem is a nice upside play, too, but too unproven to get excited about at WR33.

Nothing wrong with Hillis as RB34. This team can support two 200 carry backs and they just added to their OL. I like Hillis' skill set and think he's got a solid chance at double digit TDs in this situation.

I know AJ Green happened last year, but Blackmon as WR37 seems like wishful thinking. I've been wrong before, though.

Really like the Starks and D.Brown picks in the 8th.

Jacoby Ford in the 9th was probably a relative reach at the time, but I think he creeps up draft boards as August approaches. Really wish I'd snagged him when I had the chance. Was hoping to wait until the 11th.
I like this commentary. I worry about Flynn, as that is still an open position battle in Seattle with TJax there. Wilson should not be a concern, but Flynn holds the potential to be a back up if TJax outplays him pre-season and doesn't flop. WR - I like Bess better than Burleson, so nice WR4 there. RBs are a bit better than first glance. Blount may have undergone mental health therapy, Ridley will play well when given the opportunity (limited though) and Thomas may get some short yardage/red zone looks. 40 yards and a TD is solid play for a RB3/4. Breaston may get overlooked, as KC offense has loaded up this year if Baldwin plays well and Bowe stays around. Backfield is stacked. Be interesting to see how Moeaki plays upon return. Didn't watch enough of him. The bad news regarding Britt's recovery may play to Williams benefit.Not an "A" draft, (hard to do when the league is as even as this one, everyone has drafted well). Not a "C-" but probably a solid B if Flynn gets the start (improving Rice as well, though he played well with TJax a few games) and Blount keeps the starter position. If those two don't happen, then a solid C, maybe C- if both don't happen.

Love the commentary that followed. Good observations.

In light of 294's post, thought I would offer same -

QB Matt Ryan (rd 4, bye 7)

QB Alex Smith (rd 8, bye 9)

RB LeSean McCoy (rd 1, bye 7)

RB Demarco Murray (rd 3, bye 5)

RB Rashad Jennings (rd 11, bye 6)

WR Brandon Lloyd (rd 5, bye 9)

WR Robert Meachem (rd 6, bye 7)

WR Denarius Moore (rd 7, bye 5)

WR Danny Amendola (rd 12, bye 9)

TE Vernon Davis (rd 2, bye 9)

TE Ed Dickson (rd 9, bye 8)

D Detroit Lions (rd 10, bye 5)

D Cincinnati Bengals (rd 13, bye 8)

K Stephen Gostoski (sp?) (rd 14, bye 9)

X

X

X

X

Couple of holes to fill, but solid starters. Week 9 and 7 will be hurdles to get past. I like my QB selection, not powerhouses but both should produce with the receiving crew they both have now. RBs, no question about McCoy and Murray, but Jennings may be only a role player unless MJD holds out to start season, or needs to see reduced use given his high mileage. Weak passing game so far should keep Jax running game busy. Receivers, again, no powerhouse. Lloyd has too many to share the targets with, Meachem could shine or sputter week to week, unless Rivers locks onto him. Rivers hasn't been that kind of QB, so hard to say. Moore and Amendola are both solid WR3s. VDavis is a PPR elite TE. Dickson is a crap shoot. Flacco is a top 5 QB (according to Flacco), but Torrey Smith has really got the talen to open the field. Could play to Dickson's advantage. Ravens have used the TE historically, so cross fingers. Two solid D and a consistent kicker on a powerhouse offense. Just need to get some sleeper hits in depth.

Picks of note:

First round, I really like Foster, Graham, and Rodgers. No bad picks, but those three should be #1 in their positions barring injury.

SEcond round, ADP is risky, and Gates says he is ready, but loss of VJax puts more coverage on him. Loss of Tolbert may help him get more short yardage looks though. I don't like putting much risk in rookies, so Richardson is questionable. Big transition from NCAA to NFL and Cleveland may have qb battle, and doesn't have a strong passing game, so limited scoring opportunities.

Third round, Cruz, VJax, and Findley, like them all here. JCharles, the injury, and Hillis coming into the backfield, along with better passing game, I see a 30% reduction from pro-rated production.

Fourth, great QB round, but Peyton should be the real value, along with Stevie Johnson at the turn. I just can't trust Schaub, and Britt's status wasn't known at this point. Tough pick for Shadowfax if he needs more surgery or longer recovery.

Fifth, DeSean, Demaryius, and Deangelo. Is there a theme here? Like them all, Demaryius can possibly have a career year with Peyton, and Deangelo has always stepped in front of Stewart when push came to shove.

Sixth, this was the first "meh" round. I guess I like Meachem here, and Hillis. Winslow killed a potentially great year with early immaturity, now he is NFL homeless. Tough break, as this is news that wasn't around at the time of the pick.

Seventh, Boldin, TAmme, Holmes, and Palmer, solid picks.

Eighth, so many picks of value, this showed the quality of the league. Bush's role in Chicago will be interesting to watch develop. Forte is still holding out, but he will play. Not in love with the Flynn or Baldwin pick necessarily, but Felix Jones, that could be value.

Ninth, some RB value here. Is Kolb the player with the highest pay to draft value? Won't wish ill for him, but his agent should feel bad for that contract. I think I like the David Wilson pick best, Bradshaw can't take the beating of being a feature back, will split carries pretty evenly.

Tenth, Bess and Pead are the two picks that stand out here, though Baldwin could really develop this year. I have been targeting him when the situation is right.

Eleventh, not much to say

Twelfth, lot of defense, but I think Amendola could be a PPR producer

Thirteenth, Getting sketchy here. Lafell and Nelson, both could play opposite of great receivers or be siting down the depth chart.

Fourteenth, Chandler gets red zone action. Like this for a late TE pick.

4.10 Ben Roethlisberger - QB11 - PIT (4)

8.10 Sam Bradford - QB23 - STL (9)

5.07 Reggie Bush - RB22 - MIA (7)

6.10 Mark Ingram - RB32 - NO (6)

10.10 Ryan Williams - RB44 - AZ (10)

15.07 Bernard Scott - RB60 - CIN (8)

2.10 Roddy White - WR6 - ATL (7)

3.07 Jordy Nelson - WR14 - GB (10)

7.07 Justin Blackmon - WR37 - JAX (6)

9.07 Randy Moss - WR48 - SF (9)

12.10 Brian Quick - WR63 - STL (9)

1.07 Jimmy Graham - TE1 - NO (6)

13.07 Dennis Pitta - TE28 - BAL (8)