What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL2 - Still rolling along (2 Viewers)

I'm hitting the rack--will check in before work ~1:15 , then again when I get back after 6...I have a list from OMill, if BK or tex wants to PM one we can knock out a few picks by the time guys gets moving in the morning

Ok in order.

BK selects 12.09: Indianapolis Colts DST

OM selects 12.10: Green Bay Packers DST

ravnzfan selects 12.11: Baltimore Ravens DST

Tex selects 12.12: Oakland Raiders DST

Defense run. :goodposting:

12.16 Buffalo Bills DST14

13.01 Alex Smith, TB, TE24
:goodposting: alert. Curious, why did you pass on James Hardy earlier? I saw that you have him ranked fairly high.
I don't think I'm nearly as high on the Bills defense as some people are. They were just a better fit for my team here than the defenses I had above them. their special teams should be elite though so a few extra returns there won't hurt.felt too early for Hardy with my last two picks and I don't have much confidence in Edwards or the Bills passing game this year. my rankings are still in flux so maybe I'll need to adjust him down if I have him too high. I like Gage though and think both Titans WRs are undervalued this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao: alert. Curious, why did you pass on James Hardy earlier? I saw that you have him ranked fairly high.
I don't think I'm nearly as high on the Bills defense as some people are. They were just a better fit for my team here than the defenses I had above them. their special teams should be elite though so a few extra returns there won't hurt.felt too early for Hardy with my last two picks and I don't have much confidence in Edwards or the Bills passing game this year. my rankings are still in flux so maybe I'll need to adjust him down if I have him too high. I like Gage though and think both Titans WRs are undervalued this year.
Understand about the rankings in flux. I thought you took a WR rated lower and was curious if it was related to the format of this draft or some other reason.

Ok in order.

BK selects 12.09: Indianapolis Colts DST

OM selects 12.10: Green Bay Packers DST

ravnzfan selects 12.11: Baltimore Ravens DST :homer:

Tex selects 12.12: Oakland Raiders DST

Defense run. :cry:
I want to take a second and thank tex and Old Millwaukee, drafting on each side of me...these guys have sent lists, usually covering 2 rounds, at almost every selection! :lmao:

also, Hear-the-Footsteps and Blue-Kun, who have been put on the clock quickly as a result of our putting up several selections at once, when we've finally gotten to one of our spots...and for being there to post those selections for us when we've sent lists, unsolicited

finally, honorable mention to the Capt'n, who has been kind enough to open his office and collect our data and post the multi pix on occassion when it would have been ackward to send a list to one of the others...it's cooperation like this that keeps me comming back for these

nice work guys!

:banned:

speaking of lists, I sent one for tex and I to OldMilwaukee and Capt'n Hook

Atomic Punk is OTC w/2 seleactions

Wow, Aaron picking even though the guy before him has to re-pick.Wouldn't have thought you would do this - considering you were the one we held things up for to allow you to re-pick, when you did this rounds earlier.

:rolleyes:
Where at the crap time that it really doesn't matter. He also went to a different position. I'm glad he turned the corner late at night to keep this rolling as I would like to be done by the holiday weekend.

Sorry guys, I'm on the road in meetings and had very little time last night to do any searches.

12.15 K. Faulk NE RB

13.02 S. Morris NE RB

PMing joffer

BTW ... no wprries with Rud pickin. I was a little surprised he picked since joffer and I lost out on Manning and White respectively earlier in the draft, but we need to keep this thing going before the MBSL starts.

Wow, Aaron picking even though the guy before him has to re-pick.Wouldn't have thought you would do this - considering you were the one we held things up for to allow you to re-pick, when you did this rounds earlier.

:thumbdown:
Where at the crap time that it really doesn't matter. He also went to a different position. I'm glad he turned the corner late at night to keep this rolling as I would like to be done by the holiday weekend.
Look, I am not mad or pissed or anything like that. I just found it interesting - that's all - given that he was the one to make a pick anyway (instead of allow a re-pick) when he was the one that was given the time to re-pick earlier. That's it. No biggie.

:goodposting:
Look, I am not mad or pissed or anything like that. I just found it interesting - that's all - given that he was the one to make a pick anyway (instead of allow a re-pick) when he was the one that was given the time to re-pick earlier. That's it. No biggie.
I understand where you are coming from Adam, but that was your choice to wait earlier. In leagues like this where it is mostly experienced FF players, I say no mercy. Move the draft along. Guys should be paying attention IMO. Not trying to ba a ####, just the way I see it considering the competiton.These are free leagues, and I am here mostly to sharpen my skills against the top notch competition that are in them.

Too many ice cream socials sometimes.

:thumbup:
I understand where you are coming from Adam, but that was your choice to wait earlier. In leagues like this where it is mostly experienced FF players, I say no mercy. Move the draft along. Guys should be paying attention IMO. Not trying to ba a ####, just the way I see it considering the competiton.These are free leagues, and I am here mostly to sharpen my skills against the top notch competition that are in them.

Hey Jeff, given the above part I bolded - I got one thing to say.It is something I've teased you about a lot in the past - i.e., trying to remove bias.

I know we joke about this, but it is true.

Look at your squad in this FREE league so far - it includes:

Roy Williams

Julius Jones

Marc Bulger

Chris Johnson

Dallas

I'm just shocked you didn't do what it would have taken to land DeAngelo Williams. :yes:

I think you know what I am getting at without having to actually connect the dots.

But I do see your other point. But while I see it, I also think you hit on something - this is a free league. So it isn't a huge deal to hold up one second for a guy. Moreover, you'd especially think that when you were the one it was previously held up for - for the exact same reason earlier.

But we don't all have to bash me for this. I understand everyone's points. And in fact, I agree to a large extent. So again, I am not pissed or anything like that. It was more about bringing it to his attention in case he didn't even realize it.

:bowtie:
I had to go to sleep and he was going to be up again after the turn. I never asked anyone to wait for me. If I screw up and make a bad pick, it's my own fault and I'll deal with the consequences.

Atomic Punk said:
BTW ... no wprries with Rud pickin. I was a little surprised he picked since joffer and I lost out on Manning and White respectively earlier in the draft, but we need to keep this thing going before the MBSL starts.
I appreciate the consideration, but you guys should have just made your picks. I didn't even want Eli since I already had Jacobs and Plaxico on my team. I would have been happy to be forced into taking someone else.If you wanted the Bills defense or Alex Smith, feel free to take one and I'll repick. I certainly don't think either pick is critical to my team's success and there are at least 10 other picks I could have made here and been just as happy with.You've made picks in the middle of the night before so rather than hold up the draft, I figured it was best to get my picks in and keep things moving. If it happened in the middle of the day, it would have made more sense to wait. But, it was late at night, you were going to be up immediately afterwards, and I didn't even draft a player from the same position you initially took. Seemed pretty safe for me to make my pick without stealing a target of yours and keep the draft moving.

13.03 Ladainian Tomlinson Seattle DT

crap, he was already taken.

Hear-the-Footsteps said:
Pimpin Ain said:
Hear-the-Footsteps said:

:eek:

Hey Jeff, given the above part I bolded - I got one thing to say.It is something I've teased you about a lot in the past - i.e., trying to remove bias.

I know we joke about this, but it is true.

Look at your squad in this FREE league so far - it includes:

Roy Williams

Julius Jones

Marc Bulger

Chris Johnson

Dallas

I'm just shocked you didn't do what it would have taken to land DeAngelo Williams. :P

I think you know what I am getting at without having to actually connect the dots.

But I do see your other point. But while I see it, I also think you hit on something - this is a free league. So it isn't a huge deal to hold up one second for a guy. Moreover, you'd especially think that when you were the one it was previously held up for - for the exact same reason earlier.

But we don't all have to bash me for this. I understand everyone's points. And in fact, I agree to a large extent. So again, I am not pissed or anything like that. It was more about bringing it to his attention in case he didn't even realize it.
I love it!I feel like I got good value with Bulger and Roy.

I also think Julius is gonna surprise some. If I am wrong then so be it. I think he was RB 25 or so off the board. I feel like he will finish higher than that. Time will tell.

I like Johnson in this format givin PPR and best ball. Not to mention his homerun ability.

Dallas added at least one and maybe 2 (depending on Pacman) above average return men. Their Secondary should be much improved also.

I feel like my team will last longer than yours, and I'm all ears on a side bet if you're interested??

HTF - I have lists from tex and ravnzfan

OM sent me a list yesterday, but hopefully will be around today - if not I will see if there is anyone left on his list

okay from lists this AM

for tex

13-5 Philadelphia Eaglest DST

and for ravnzfan

13-6 Mark Bradley, WR, CHI

I sent a PM to Old Milwaukee, and if we don't have a post from him in half an hour will get one from yesterday's list.

Users who are viewing this thread