What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Start Mikel Leshoure for Week 3? (1 Viewer)

chooo chooo....the hype train keeps rolling... Free Press article today
This is the problem with fluff pieces like the article linked:
"I think he's been one of the bigger pieces we've been missing for a couple years now," Raiola said. "He's got top-end speed. I think he's a downhill runner, hit the hole, he can make somebody miss, so I think he's got it all. I think he just needs to get in the game."
When in reality Leshoure ran a 4.59 at the combine and has limited change of direction skills. A lot of the team quoted hype comes across more like hope, or some type of encouragement for a second year player that has had a rough go of it thus far. Caveat emptor.

This is Waldman's take on these two backs, interestingly ranked right next to one another in his top 20 prospects from 2006-2011

18. Mikel Leshoure, Illinois – Leshoure and Mendenhall were very similar backs in terms of dimension and style. Like Mendenhall, Leshoure was a nightmare to stop in the second and third level of a defense. However, Leshoure had a little more agility and he demonstrated better vision between the tackles. What I thought he did best as a runner was run with patience behind his linemen and there were encouraging signs that he was learning to effectively press a crease and burst through it. Yet, he was a liability in pass protection despite possessing the physical skills to develop into a good blocker.

2011 RSP Quote: Leshoure has agility and some shiftiness to setup angles, but he lacks dynamic change of direction skills. I did not see him break a tackle in his first three quarters of carries in this game. In fact, I saw him consistently wrapped up after first contact, which belies what you would expect from a player of his size. When he’s forced to go east west early in a run, he’s far less effective – as most backs of his size-style are. He isn’t used to making mature decisions against faster defenses that force him not to look for that second option behind the line of scrimmage.

It’s a shame that Leshoure tore his Achilles tendon during his rookie training camp because he had a chance to develop into a productive complement to teammate Jahvid Best. If he were willing to work hard at the game I think he could have become a three-down back. Now the first priority is to determine if he can recover enough of his athleticism to play running back at the NFL level.

17. Kevin Smith, UCF – Smith had a lot of small deficiencies in his game that kept him from being an elite prospect in my eyes. He wasn’t a great yards after contact runner and he didn’t have the feet to vary his stride length to get yardage in tight quarters that was available. His receiving skills were okay for a college player, but he needed to learn to catch the football with his hands away from his body. Despite these issues, I thought Smith had a shot at elite upside.

2007 RSP Quote: Smith’s hip movement is rare for a runner. He can change directions at full speed because he can shift his hips with a very quick, snapping movement. He also can make sharp lateral cuts, jump cuts, and spin moves. He often strings together two moves to set up and kill the angle of a defender in the open field. His gliding, flexible, and hard-cutting style and his ability to reverse field is reminiscent of Marcus Allen and O.J. Simpson. He looks skinny for 211 pounds and it looks clear that he could gain another 10 pounds and still retain his speed as he continues to develop as a man. He runs with good pad level, body lean after the hit, and has excellent vision in traffic, behind the line of scrimmage, and around the corner.

One of the greatest concerns I had for Smith was this hard-cutting style and the potential for a career-altering injury to his legs. Although Smith’s career has been riddled with injuries, there’s no scientific evidence that I know of that shows a correlation between a hard-cutting style and short career span for a runner so my fleeting worry didn’t stop me from thinking Smith was a prospect capable of growing into player with high-end NFL productivity. I actually thought Smith would have had the type of production we’ve begun to see from Darren McFadden. Smith is the first of the next five backs on this list that I believed flashed lead-back ability in the NFL but the biggest question I had was whether NFL teams regarded them as highly as I did.

I don't think I could be ballsy enough to go ahead and start Leshoure this week. Just way too many unknowns for me to be willing to do that.
I'm sitting McFadden and starting Leshoure.This is not shtick.
Kevin Smith took most of the first-team reps during the open portion of Wednesday's practice. :coffee:
Didn't see a whole lot of Kevin Smith today, 1st team reps notwithstanding.
I don't see why anyone with a legitimate starting option would play Leshoure. Leshoure is basically for people who took Peyton Hillis as their RB2 or people who lost Forte and Bradshaw last week (me). Playing him over someone like McFadden is absolute lunacy.

Best chance for Leshoure IMO is if the Lions get out to a big lead and then run him to see how he can do late in the game.

The job is Smith's to lose because he has it right now. I don't think they're just going to give the job to Leshoure based on what he did in college and preseason this year: he's gotta earn it. I do think he'll be given that chance to earn the job, perhaps as soon as this week, but it's hard to project him for more than 15 touches.
Leshoure 19McFadden 17

Both had nice games, but I certainly didn't leave points on the bench starting Leshoure.

I would be careful reading too much into the split reps in practice. I think Smith has been in that system long enough that he probably does not need any reps. I don't own either and I don't really care who Detroit goes with but I think I would have better options for this week than to start Leshoure and hope he sees enough action. I would rather see how carries seem to be getting split out in games first.
I can't really get on board with that line of thinking. If that were the case then why would any players ever practice and chance an injury? Coaches talk about practice being VERY important..A LOT. Just last week, Ryan Matthews was said to have not played because he didn't get practice time in and I'm sure he's familiar with his team just as much as Smith is with his. I think anytime any player is sitting, watching someone else do the job they usually do, that's a bad trend for that man.
No points left on my bench. For once, it seems like the info was there to be understood.

Smoke if you got em! Leshoure, in that offense, becomes pretty much a must start as an rb2 with rb1 upside. Just like smith was

Smoke if you got em! Leshoure, in that offense, becomes pretty much a must start as an rb2 with rb1 upside. Just like smith was
:thumbup: If you read the SP, you should have already rostered Leshoure and you're not sweating the waiver (some had stashed him away before week 1). If you read this thread, you probably started him (at least at flex). He moves to RB1/RB2 status going forward.

I read this thread but didn't think it would go down with smith like it did. Had a good match up with bush that i started. Thinking of sittin martin or bush this wrk and playing leshoure. Loving him

I didn't think he looked like anything special, but for a first game back after 21 months off the field I thought he did fine.

Last year Best was RB6 PPG (PPR) on 18.5 touches per game, and Smith was RB12 PPG on just over 13 touches per game. Yesterday was a shocker - NO LIONS RB has had 30 touches since Week 17 of Kevin's rookie year (2008).

If he's the man in Detroit - and he sure looks like it - then talent and Waldman's awesome RSP and everyone's opinion don't matter. It's about one thing and one thing only - opportunity. Whoever is the #1 RB for the Lions will by default compile FF stats that make them a very solid RB2 in FF.

I didn't think he looked like anything special, but for a first game back after 21 months off the field I thought he did fine.Last year Best was RB6 PPG (PPR) on 18.5 touches per game, and Smith was RB12 PPG on just over 13 touches per game. Yesterday was a shocker - NO LIONS RB has had 30 touches since Week 17 of Kevin's rookie year (2008).If he's the man in Detroit - and he sure looks like it - then talent and Waldman's awesome RSP and everyone's opinion don't matter. It's about one thing and one thing only - opportunity. Whoever is the #1 RB for the Lions will by default compile FF stats that make them a very solid RB2 in FF.
Leshoure didn't look good. He left a lot of yards on the field, got stuffed several times on short-yardage carries, and didn't look good pass-blocking. He averaged 3.8 YPC against the Titans, while K Smith averaged 3.3 against the 49ers. When you take into account the defenses they faced the last two weeks, it's hard to argue that Leshoure was/is better. What's more, Leshoure did nothing to stop the Titans from ignoring the run and playing deep against the pass (specifically against Calvin). Stafford looked horrible, and it wasn't until the very end of the 4th quarter (with Hill) that the passing game got going; that was more a result of the Lions (Hill?) saying "screw it, we're throwing deep," not the Titans suddenly respecting the run game.That being said, none of that matters. The Lions are determined to run Leshoure (30 touches in his first game!) and he'll be valuable because of the number of this touches, even if he doesn't do much with them.

The promising thing to me is looking at Andre Brown. He got cut 4 or 5 times while he was recovering from his achilles tear. After a couple years of conditioning he feels confident in it again, and he ran well against a bad Panthers defense. So maybe if Mikel stays healthy he'll actually get better over time (say, in a year or two). But he looked pedestrian in preseason and yesterday.

But again, it's about opportunity, and he has it.

The Lions probably would be better off rolling with Smith. But Smith is the old model they inherited from the precios administration and LeShoure is the shinny new model. He is their baby. It is as simple as that

Does Bell have any role here? I haven't seen the games, but his stats are ok, and I thought he looked good in the preseason with the Saints last year. I have a terrible team with deep rosters, so that's not an issue.

Only read the last page if this was already addressed.

Does Bell have any role here? I haven't seen the games, but his stats are ok, and I thought he looked good in the preseason with the Saints last year. I have a terrible team with deep rosters, so that's not an issue. Only read the last page if this was already addressed.
he has a role but probably getting 5 or so touches/game. I'd probably look at a lot of other backups before I'd look at him.

Kudos to those of you that started LeShoure. I certainly did not expect taht kind of workload in his first week. He should be a solid play moving forward.

'BobbyLayne said:
The promising thing to me is looking at Andre Brown. He got cut 4 or 5 times while he was recovering from his achilles tear. After a couple years of conditioning he feels confident in it again, and he ran well against a bad Panthers defense. So maybe if Mikel stays healthy he'll actually get better over time (say, in a year or two). But he looked pedestrian in preseason and yesterday.But again, it's about opportunity, and he has it.
What I liked about both Leshoure and Williams, despite their devastating injuries, is that they were both barely 21 when they happened. The injuries basically happened their senior year of college. Even right now they are younger than Doug Martin so if it takes them another year to fully recover they are both still young.

'Bayhawks said:
Leshoure didn't look good. He left a lot of yards on the field, got stuffed several times on short-yardage carries, and didn't look good pass-blocking. He averaged 3.8 YPC against the Titans, while K Smith averaged 3.3 against the 49ers. When you take into account the defenses they faced the last two weeks, it's hard to argue that Leshoure was/is better. What's more, Leshoure did nothing to stop the Titans from ignoring the run and playing deep against the pass (specifically against Calvin). Stafford looked horrible, and it wasn't until the very end of the 4th quarter (with Hill) that the passing game got going; that was more a result of the Lions (Hill?) saying "screw it, we're throwing deep," not the Titans suddenly respecting the run game.That being said, none of that matters. The Lions are determined to run Leshoure (30 touches in his first game!) and he'll be valuable because of the number of this touches, even if he doesn't do much with them.
For the love of god already. I wasted a chunk of my saturday owning you in the Kevin Smith versus Mikel Leshoure thread. It's not my style to do an "I told you so" post but here you are still beating the Kevin Smith drum and dismissing Leshoure.I'm sorry I know you have some odd fan boy crush on Kevin Smith that you won't let go but that ship sailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to those of you that started LeShoure. I certainly did not expect taht kind of workload in his first week. He should be a solid play moving forward.
Depending on what your other RB or flex option it probably went from a gutsy call to an easy call for some people. I know as of Friday night I was leaning on NOT starting Leshoure with Ced Benson as the preferred alternative. On Saturday I read a tweet by the Lions beat writer who has been beating the Leshoure is going to start drum and he felt predicted Leshoure would get 16 carries, a few catches and a TD. That was enough for me to decide to start him over Benson in a tough matchup.When they actually announced Sunday morning he was starting for the Lions than starting him on my fantasy team became a no brainer decision but again I emphasize it's always relative to your other choices.

I watched the entire game, with sound, especially to watch him run. During commercials, flipped to Game Mix sure, but watched every single Lions offensive play, and most of the Titans too. A few things that haven't been mentioned yet, that were interesting.

The announcers were gushing about Leshoure, especially in the first 3 quarters. I couldn't count how many times they said how this was the running game the Lions needed, and how high the coaches were on him.

His early runs were strong, he was running for 5-7 yards on most carries that were gashing the defense. He was picking up a lot of first downs. He had a 1yd TD, and no run over 12, so factor his YPC accordingly.

This game was extremely long, and it looked like Leshoure was gassed in the 4th quarter and beyond. They kept spelling him for Bell late, who wasn't as effective but also wasn't bad. I can see why they like a Leshoure/Bell combo.

I've had Kevin Smith each year he's played. Kevin Smith isn't as good as Leshoure, and he doesn't bring a different dimension like what Bell has either. While K Smith has serious guns, Leshoure and Bell just both look more formidable running the ball. Leshoure was patient, picked holes and was through them quickly, and moved the pile forward several times. He looked good in the first 3 quarters, more than just average. Once he was gassed, he was going down on first contact more. I'd say that was the most disappointing aspect about this performance, and that he didn't have a longer run among the carries he got. His receiving was fairly solid as well.

'Bayhawks said:
For the love of god already. I wasted a chunk of my saturday owning you in the Kevin Smith versus Mikel Leshoure thread. It's not my style to do an "I told you so" post but here you are still beating the Kevin Smith drum and dismissing Leshoure.I'm sorry I know you have some odd fan boy crush on Kevin Smith that you won't let go but that ship sailed.
WTF are you talking about? :confused: Do you have some kind of reading comprehension issue? I specifically said Leshoure is going to be valuable. I specifically said that the Lions are determined to feed him the ball. Read my post from Sunday in the other thread. I specifically said I was wrong and you,along with others who were "pimping" (for lack of a better word) Leshoure, were right. Where do you get me dismissing Leshoure from? Because I noted that he got his stats largely from volume, rather than from some amazing display of talent? That's the truth, but it doesn't change the fact that he is going to be valulable, because he (apparently) going to get a heavy workload. That's not dismissing Leshoure, it's DISCUSSING his situation. You, my friend, have issues.

Leshoure looked quite good early, moved the pile and got the yards available.

Made some nice tough runs and got needed first downs when the yardage dictated.

All in All, I can't see how anyone could of asked for more in his first game back.

Yep he looked slower and tired near the end, but barring injury should have better

stamina as he gets more workout, with the injuries including the nicks of preseason

his conditioning can't be that great right now, so he should only improve there.

With a week 5 by, it should be Leshoure's ball to carry from here on out, looks like

Smith is done already, as it's pretty obvious the Lions are going all in on Leshoure.

Leshoure is a notch up from Smith, and whoever the Lions Starting RB is produces decent.

(hopefully those that had interest got him, as waiting/now would very difficult to do so)

this may be crazy but I'm thinking of packaging him to upgrade my starter.
His value will never be higher than it is right now. He will eventually be in a time share due to ineffectiveness...and Smith will still be around to vulture just enough value.

Based on what? The fact that he touched the ball 30 times in his first NFL game and first football game sine 2010?

You guys are ridiculous, watch Leshoure's game tape. Use your eyeballs.Could Leshoure have made the same plays as Smith last night? Yes. I am going on a limb to say he could have been more productive than Smith.Don't write him off because you have Smith rostered...
Who's being ridiculous? Just because Leshoure is big and fast doesn't mean he's got the starting job nailed down. If he can't pass protect or catch the ball out of the backfield, he won't play. Smith may not be all world talent or a physical freak of nature but he's solid and he does the "other" important things a RB needs to do.
Hello.

Opportunity is at least 50% of the equation in fantasy and it is RARE that a guy falls into your lap that gets a lionshare RB job opportunity like this.

It sounds to me like there are some shocked (understandably)/frustrated Kevin Smith owners in here picking nits. But being unbiased and just looking at it from the peanut gallery :popcorn: , I don't know how anyone can take anything from this except "wow!".

You basically, have a guy that has not played in almost 2 years, who has NEVER played at this level, and who was being touted highly before his injury as well as when he was being drafted, who comes in and is a complete and total part of the game in the way the Lions have been DREAMING of for years. There is simply nowhere to go but up in in this case. Once LeShoure gets into football shape, the way they are using him, you're going to see some games that remind you of the old Curtis martin/Jamal Lewis days when those guys were on their game: complete games where, at the end, they have just completely knocked the will out of the other team and they score a late, big run and/or score. I usually don't do predictions and all that but I would almost guarantee, if he stays healthy, that he will ahve at least a game or two this season where he ends up with a score early, a lot of yards, a big run late and a nother score. He's going to make a top 15 impact, barring injury.

.... I think he ends up with a score early, a lot of yards, a big run late and another score and another, then another score :excited: , and a short gain at the end....

just kidding, couldn't resist, lol. I do agree that its a windfall situation for sure, the Lions need a good rb. I've held him for what seems like a long while so he's starting until further notice but I'm going to temper expectations -see how the next 2-4 weeks go before complete domination!

Opportunity is at least 50% of the equation in fantasy and it is RARE that a guy falls into your lap that gets a lionshare RB job opportunity like this.

It sounds to me like there are some shocked (understandably)/frustrated Kevin Smith owners in here picking nits. But being unbiased and just looking at it from the peanut gallery :popcorn: , I don't know how anyone can take anything from this except "wow!".

You basically, have a guy that has not played in almost 2 years, who has NEVER played at this level, and who was being touted highly before his injury as well as when he was being drafted, who comes in and is a complete and total part of the game in the way the Lions have been DREAMING of for years. There is simply nowhere to go but up in in this case. Once LeShoure gets into football shape, the way they are using him, you're going to see some games that remind you of the old Curtis martin/Jamal Lewis days when those guys were on their game: complete games where, at the end, they have just completely knocked the will out of the other team and they score a late, big run and/or score. I usually don't do predictions and all that but I would almost guarantee, if he stays healthy, that he will ahve at least a game or two this season where he ends up with a score early, a lot of yards, a big run late and a nother score. He's going to make a top 15 impact, barring injury.
I don't know how accurate this part is (the bolded). Leshoure was in TC, and his hammy was healed enough to get some work in the last 2 preseason games. He basically sat out two weeks. It's not like he held out the entire pre-season or anything. I think him being "winded" (or anything like that) had more to do with the sheer number of touches than him not being in football shape.The bigger issue is how his achilles holds up. I haven't seen anything that suggests it has flared up or bothered him, so assuming that he's still healthy, I would expect similar numbers from him, not "nowhere to go but up."

I agree he will be top-15, barring injury, but that is based on the repeating the performance he put up last week, not that those numbers are his floor.

Opportunity is at least 50% of the equation in fantasy and it is RARE that a guy falls into your lap that gets a lionshare RB job opportunity like this.It sounds to me like there are some shocked (understandably)/frustrated Kevin Smith owners in here picking nits. But being unbiased and just looking at it from the peanut gallery :popcorn: , I don't know how anyone can take anything from this except "wow!". You basically, have a guy that has not played in almost 2 years, who has NEVER played at this level, and who was being touted highly before his injury as well as when he was being drafted, who comes in and is a complete and total part of the game in the way the Lions have been DREAMING of for years. There is simply nowhere to go but up in in this case. Once LeShoure gets into football shape, the way they are using him, you're going to see some games that remind you of the old Curtis martin/Jamal Lewis days when those guys were on their game: complete games where, at the end, they have just completely knocked the will out of the other team and they score a late, big run and/or score. I usually don't do predictions and all that but I would almost guarantee, if he stays healthy, that he will ahve at least a game or two this season where he ends up with a score early, a lot of yards, a big run late and a nother score. He's going to make a top 15 impact, barring injury.
The only thing most people didn't expect here was the recovery from his Achilles. Going into last season people were extremely high on him, but people over-reacted and said his career was over after he was injured. My opinion has been that if he fails it isn't going to be because of the injury, but because he wasn't as good as we thought. The Lions have said from the beginning that they expected a full recovery and that he would be their lead back. Few people believed them and thought Kevin Smith was going to keep the job despite what the Lions were saying all along. Looks like they were telling the truth.

Start him Week4, 5, 6, 7...when is his bye...whatever, 8, 9, 10...ride the train. You gotta believe he is 12-15+ points solid a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Rotowire: Leshoure (groin) was limited in practice Wednesday, the Lions' official site reports.
So it begins. I'd hold K.Smith. It's probably not serious but if he's nicked up already, well, you know.
Just heard on the radio that Leshoure has a groin injury. Perhaps that is why he didn't re-enter the game last week?
26 carries his 1st game out...The Lions realize they need to run the ball

Per Rotowire: Leshoure (groin) was limited in practice Wednesday, the Lions' official site reports.
So it begins. I'd hold K.Smith. It's probably not serious but if he's nicked up already, well, you know.
Just heard on the radio that Leshoure has a groin injury. Perhaps that is why he didn't re-enter the game last week?
26 carries his 1st game out...The Lions realize they need to run the ball
Do you think they realize they need to keep Leshoure healthy in the process as well?

I'd temper expectations due to durability concerns and the fact that the Lions rushing SoS is rough for the next month. More the former than the latter. Bullish on him, but trying to be realistic.

Limited? That's fine, happens all the time, every week, virtually every practice. If he missed practice I might be worried it was a serious injury. This is a violent league, and soreness, strains, bumps and bruises are par for the course.

Nice breakdown here from MLive:

Detroit Lions second look: Examining Mikel Leshoure's debut

by Justin Rogers

By now, you've seen the statistics. Mikel Leshoure carried the ball 26 times for 100 yards in the Detroit Lions' 44-41 overtime loss to the Tennessee Titans, becoming the first Lions running back to hit triple digits in a debut since Billy Sims in 1980.

Like we did with last week's ground game, let's evaluate the performance by taking a closer look at Leshoure and the blocking of the offensive line.

First, let's talk about the offensive line. On the majority of the 26 carries, the push up front was excellent, giving Leshoure quality initial running lanes. The play of left guard Rob Sims deserves to be highlighted.

Sims was dominant against the Titans, not only controlling the point of attack to the left side, but effectively pulling right and eliminating the linebacker in the second level. On the six plays where Leshoure ran behind a pulling Sims, he averaged 4.5 yards per carry, gaining at least four yards on all but one of the carries.

Sims' most impressive play came in the second quarter. On a 2nd-and-7, he pancaked the defensive tackle off the snap, opening the initial running lane for Leshoure. The guard was then able to get to the second level ahead of the back, neutralizing the linebacker. The play resulted in a 12-yard gain, the Lions' longest run of the day.

While mentioning Sims' block in the second level, it should be noted this is an area where the Lions noticeably left yards on the field. On six of Leshoure's runs, a block was either missed or simply ineffective, allowing the linebacker to come up and make the stop.

As for Leshoure, he showed three skills that you like to see. First, there was his ability to cut back. That was evident on his first carry of the game, when he bounced back hard left and hit a hole created by Sims after taking his initial steps toward the right side of the line.

Leshoure also showed the ability to move the pile. On a 2nd-and-5 in the first quarter, the line had a rare failure up front, causing Leshoure to run up the back of his linemen at the line of scrimmage. Instead of bouncing out and getting tackled for a loss or no gain, the back put his head down and kept his legs churning, bulldozing the pile for three yards.

Finally, while he didn't do it a lot, Leshoure showed the ability to break arm tackles when the running lanes were narrow. On a 1st-and-10 carry in the fourth quarter, Leshoure took a handoff going left. As he reached the hole between Sims and left tackle Jeff Backus, both offensive lineman lost their blocks, but Leshoure was able to fight through the arm tackle attempts of both defensive linemen near the line of scrimmage and stumble forward for an eight-yard gain.

What we didn't get to see in this game was Leshoure make a tackler miss. Sure, he outran a Titans defender to the edge on a failed misdirection pitch, but he never made a defender miss a tackle, one-on-one, in space. A lot of that was lack of an opportunity, and based on what we saw during the preseason, we know he's capable of doing it.

I doubt he is actually nicked up (hope he isn't). He had 30 touches a few days ago. He's probably just sore, and they are giving him a little rest. If he was a 5-year veteran, we wouldn't think anything of it.

They did give 30 touches to a guy who didn't play a year ago and had a major injury.

I love rolling the dice with Lions running backs in PPR. Leshoure looked better than most thought, even against a bad defense. I thought he'd play a solid role and started him in one league, but I would have preferred to play wait-and-see with him.

Hope he can stay healthy. Joique Bell is almost rosterable now if you have space in a 12-team, 15+ man PPR. It looks like he's carved out a role as the backup over Smith. With Detroit on bye next week, I might hold off this week as he's waiver wire material next week unless Leshoure gets badly injured. But Bell is now an interesting name.

Leshoure will be productive as long as he plays as a high RB2. The question is will he be able to stay healthy long-term? That I'm less sure of.

Groin injury's and running backs usually don't go well together. Here's hoping he has a full practice tomorrow.

I don't know how accurate this part is (the bolded). Leshoure was in TC, and his hammy was healed enough to get some work in the last 2 preseason games. He basically sat out two weeks. It's not like he held out the entire pre-season or anything. I think him being "winded" (or anything like that) had more to do with the sheer number of touches than him not being in football shape.The bigger issue is how his achilles holds up. I haven't seen anything that suggests it has flared up or bothered him, so assuming that he's still healthy, I would expect similar numbers from him, not "nowhere to go but up."

I agree he will be top-15, barring injury, but that is based on the repeating the performance he put up last week, not that those numbers are his floor.
Basing that on players on interviews as they describe coming back. They commonly say, yes, they have kept in shape, but there is nothing to substitute the actual hitting. That's what I mean by football shape.

'Shutout said:

Basing that on players on interviews as they describe coming back. They commonly say, yes, they have kept in shape, but there is nothing to substitute the actual hitting. That's what I mean by football shape.
I understand that, but I think getting out of "football shape" takes more than 2 weeks. You don't hear about guys who get 1st round byes being out of "football shape" when the play in the 2nd round of the playoffs, do you?

Just picked up Mikel in a trade. Everything I read is Smith is 3rd string. So is Bell the handcuff here? Or is there no handcuff worth rostering?

Different sounding report here from CBS fantasy feed:

Mikel Leshoure, RB, DET

News: Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said running back Mikel Leshoure recovered well from his extensive workload Week 3 and "got a lot of work in" Thursday. Leshoure is on the injury report with a groin injury, but he continues to practice leading up to Week 4 against the Vikings.

Users who are viewing this thread